Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Line Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-07-2012, 03:12 PM   #46
papamouse1
Papa Moo Moo Boo Boo

WOnderful trip report! Simple and easy to follow. We are headed out on our first MR cruise in April, and I was wondering where you found your info on costs for port upgrades? We are booked into an inside stateroom, but would be kind of fun to upgrade. It is just my DW and I this time (25th wedding anniversary trip) so don't really need tons of room, but trying concierge might be fun!

Any info you might on where I can research this would be appreciated

1999-2005 yearly DLC trips - various non-Disney hotels 2006 - DLC - Paradise Pier Hotel *Joined DVC! 2007 - Disney Cruise & WDW for our 20th wedding anniversary 2008 - DLC - Grand Californian 2009 - WDW- Old Key West & Animal Kingdom-Kidani 2010 - WDW- Beach Club & Animal Kingdom 2011 - Disney Cruise - the new Disney Dream & Holidays @ WDW! BCV & AKV Concierge April 2012 - MR Anniversary Cruise Nov 2012 - DLC to see Holidays & "WoC" May 2013 - Aulani! Aug2013 WDW & Universal Studios March 2013 Travel Agent AEP DCL/WDW
papamouse1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2012, 01:02 PM   #47
narsibvl
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by papamouse1 View Post
WOnderful trip report! Simple and easy to follow. We are headed out on our first MR cruise in April, and I was wondering where you found your info on costs for port upgrades? We are booked into an inside stateroom, but would be kind of fun to upgrade. It is just my DW and I this time (25th wedding anniversary trip) so don't really need tons of room, but trying concierge might be fun!

Any info you might on where I can research this would be appreciated
The only information on port upgrade we get is from people's report here. Remember though the upgrade cost varies from sailing to sailing depending on how busy it gets. I kept checking for availability of suites till the last day and compared it with the upgrade cost that people had paid. Actually I was hoping for a mid ship suite, my first choice but even though we were early there, we were not that lucky. At least I got my second choice
narsibvl is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-08-2012, 01:43 PM   #48
fotogirl
Earning My Ears

I loved your trip report! Thanks for sharing!
fotogirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2012, 07:12 PM   #49
papamouse1
Papa Moo Moo Boo Boo

Hey, I had one more question about your port upgrade. I just got an e-mail from my TA and she said I would go to the upgrade desk after checking in, but you talked like you did your upgrade right when checking in... is ther a separate desk to go to for the MR cruise?

She may be thinking about Port Canaveral

1999-2005 yearly DLC trips - various non-Disney hotels 2006 - DLC - Paradise Pier Hotel *Joined DVC! 2007 - Disney Cruise & WDW for our 20th wedding anniversary 2008 - DLC - Grand Californian 2009 - WDW- Old Key West & Animal Kingdom-Kidani 2010 - WDW- Beach Club & Animal Kingdom 2011 - Disney Cruise - the new Disney Dream & Holidays @ WDW! BCV & AKV Concierge April 2012 - MR Anniversary Cruise Nov 2012 - DLC to see Holidays & "WoC" May 2013 - Aulani! Aug2013 WDW & Universal Studios March 2013 Travel Agent AEP DCL/WDW
Old 04-25-2012, 02:55 PM   #50
giftcard
Mouseketeer

Great TR!!! The pic of your DD with Minnie is the cutest thing ever!
Old 04-25-2012, 03:17 PM   #51
narsibvl
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by papamouse1 View Post
Hey, I had one more question about your port upgrade. I just got an e-mail from my TA and she said I would go to the upgrade desk after checking in, but you talked like you did your upgrade right when checking in... is ther a separate desk to go to for the MR cruise?

She may be thinking about Port Canaveral
Oops, sorry somehow this got ignored. At San Pedro too, the upgrade desk is a separate desk and you get your check in done and then look at your upgrade options at a different desk.
narsibvl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2012, 10:07 PM   #52
papamouse1
Papa Moo Moo Boo Boo

Just got back from our MR cruise!!

We signed in, then asked about upgrade... she sent us to the lady right next to her. She had a list with all the calculations. We could have gone from 11C inside stateroom to a 9A large porthole for $700, 4A for verandah for $735... and I think a 1BR was around $1200 more. We went for the 4a; our very first verandah room!!

Old 05-03-2012, 06:43 AM   #53
princesskayla
***This space reserved for a tag***

What a wonderful trip report. Makes me feel like I was back on the boat. We upgraded at port to a 1-bedroom as well. From a 4E to 1BR was $735. The best money we spent. We got one of the midship rooms. Loved that room! We spent alot of time in our room and we felt it was worth the spluge. I am jealous of seeing the dolphins. We didn't see any wildlife except pesky birds. (that seems to be a reoccuring theme, we have lived in Alaska for a year and have not seen wildlife either..) We will keep our eyes peeled for sea creatures when we are on the Dream at the end of the month. I am hoping for a pod of dolphins!

First 1/2 Marathon-Disneyland-Sept 2013*Pixar 7 day cruise - Oct 2012*Dream Double Dip - May 2012*24 Hours,4 Parks - Leap Year 2012 -WDW*DL -HoJo: Dec 2011*First Disney Cruise and First Family trip to Disney Land: Nov 2011*Solo trip to DL: Oct 2011*Last trip before the Wild Fontier, Bonnet Creek: May 2011 * Bonnet Creek - Nov 2010 * AKL/WL CL - Sept 2010 * Christmas Present for the family at Bonnet Creek - Dec 14-18, 2009 * Last Minute trip to Bonnet Creek - May 2009 * Suprise trip for Mom's 50th B-Day - Oct 2008 KOTS * WL with Free Dining - Sept 2008 * AWHONN convention + DISNEYLAND - June 2008 * ASMo and WL with Free Dining - Sept 2007 - The beginning of the obsession
princesskayla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2014, 12:00 PM   #54
pepe3penelope
Princess Ariel at Heart

Came across your TR when you were showing another poster about your aft balcony suite. Wow! Amazing!!! We are very close to the San Pedro port and REALLY hope DCL comes back someday (especially since it's so close to Disneyland compared to San Diego). By the way, we are booked out of San Diego for next May and next October.

Loved how you display your photos like a montage! So beautiful!!! Hope to someday be in an aft verandah, let alone in a suite!!! What a score for you!

I also really loved the photo of your DD with Minnie at the end of the trip. She looked sincerely elated! So sweet!

Your children must be so big by now! Thanks again for sharing!

pepe3penelope is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: