Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Meets
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-10-2012, 10:34 PM   #16
DbleTheFun
DIS Veteran

Hi al! I will be traveling with my twin boys before spending the week at WDW. They are super excited as am I! Ive already booked a cabana for Castaway Cay, and we will likely spend the day on ship at Nassau. Been there before and see no need to see it again, much rather spend the day exploring the Dream!
WDW April '04, WDW May '05, WDW Dec. '07, DCL Wonder May '08, WDW at SSR May '08, WDW at SSR Dec. '08, DLR at GCC Sept. '09, WDW at KVAK Dec. '09, WDW at SSR May '10, WDW at SSR Dec '10, DCL Wonder + 5 days at GCV April '11, WDW at SSR Dec. '11, May '12 at BLT. DCL Dream & SSR Dec '12. SSR/BLT & DCL Dream Dec '13.
DbleTheFun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2012, 01:43 PM   #17
BealsRwe
DIS Veteran

Well, we are officially cancelled at this time. Hoping DH can get the weekend off and we can grab a cast rate for something in December. Unknown as the Fantasyland expansion is opening December 6th.

At least we have Allure of the Seas booked next summer, and since we live in Florida, hopefully a quick weekend cruise between now and December. Who knows, may be we will sail on 12/6 after all. Bon Voyage and enjoy the Dream!

Stephanie

3 Platinum DCL Cruisers!
19 DCL cruises, 1 Carnival, 1 Royal Caribbean, and counting!!!
BealsRwe is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-12-2012, 12:16 AM   #18
taaren
"There is more treasure in books than in all the pirate's loot on Treasure Island." - Walt

Quote:
Originally Posted by DbleTheFun View Post
Hi al! I will be traveling with my twin boys before spending the week at WDW. They are super excited as am I! Ive already booked a cabana for Castaway Cay, and we will likely spend the day on ship at Nassau. Been there before and see no need to see it again, much rather spend the day exploring the Dream!
Sweet! Welcome aboard. I think it'll just be a bunch of us DISsers on board in Nassau.
Quote:
Originally Posted by BealsRwe View Post
Well, we are officially cancelled at this time. Hoping DH can get the weekend off and we can grab a cast rate for something in December. Unknown as the Fantasyland expansion is opening December 6th.

At least we have Allure of the Seas booked next summer, and since we live in Florida, hopefully a quick weekend cruise between now and December. Who knows, may be we will sail on 12/6 after all. Bon Voyage and enjoy the Dream!
Sorry you had to cancel. It would be cool if you come as a last minute thing. There's so many cabins available still that I'm contemplating cancelling our reservation on the chance that they'll run some cheaper *GT rates, but since we booked with an onboard OBC offer last year, it would have to be more than 10% off + $100 in order to make it worthwhile, so I'm going to have to check historical *GT rates to see if the numbers would add up right ... if I can find them in the next ten days before the official paid in full date. Because we will definitely be going on this cruise.
DLR: BW Raffles, Marriott FFI, Hilton Anaheim, BW PPI, Marriott ResInn GG, Anaheim Marriott, VGC, DLH. Cruises: Wonder Repo 9/20/11, Pixar CA Coast 10/7/12, Dream 12/6/12. Aulani mini-TR w/ view and food pix. Dec 2012 PTR/TR of DLR vets taking on the World! New P/TR of 2013 Bi-Coastal Disney-ing.
taaren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2012, 02:51 PM   #19
DbleTheFun
DIS Veteran

Haha yes, i agree (and hope) that most will leave the ship in Nassau and leave us folks on board to ride the aquaduck and splash around an empty pool! Small group so far... And ship doesnt seem very full at all! We used points, and booked guaranteed OV so maybe we'll get lucky and move up a category or two! If not... Its a Disney cruise in December (we're from Calgary- its cold here by then) so im not complaining.... Anywhere is fine with me!
WDW April '04, WDW May '05, WDW Dec. '07, DCL Wonder May '08, WDW at SSR May '08, WDW at SSR Dec. '08, DLR at GCC Sept. '09, WDW at KVAK Dec. '09, WDW at SSR May '10, WDW at SSR Dec '10, DCL Wonder + 5 days at GCV April '11, WDW at SSR Dec. '11, May '12 at BLT. DCL Dream & SSR Dec '12. SSR/BLT & DCL Dream Dec '13.
Old 09-22-2012, 03:47 PM   #20
conwrightnie
Earning My Ears

We just made our final payment for our cruise! Yay! We are so excited. We were supposed to take a 4 night in Oct. of 2011, but my husband was supposed to be deployed. He now gets home in Oct. of this year and we'll be headed out to enjoy our long awaited cruise. This is our first time and are traveling with DH, DS17, DD15, DS13, DD11, and DS8. Yes, there are 7 of us in 2 separate rooms! If ya'll have any tips for first time cruisers, please share. I am open to all suggestions and secrets!
conwrightnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2012, 01:04 PM   #21
dromio42
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by BealsRwe View Post

Stephanie
Sorry you had to cancel! I hope you are able to find a replacement.
dromio42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2012, 01:06 PM   #22
dromio42
Mouseketeer

Quote:
I think we are all going to meet in line for the Aquaduck on Nassau day!
Old 09-26-2012, 01:07 PM   #23
dromio42
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by conwrightnie View Post
We just made our final payment for our cruise! Yay! We are so excited. We were supposed to take a 4 night in Oct. of 2011, but my husband was supposed to be deployed. He now gets home in Oct. of this year and we'll be headed out to enjoy our long awaited cruise. This is our first time and are traveling with DH, DS17, DD15, DS13, DD11, and DS8. Yes, there are 7 of us in 2 separate rooms! If ya'll have any tips for first time cruisers, please share. I am open to all suggestions and secrets!
So glad your husband is back and you are able to take your cruise! This will be our first cruise as well.
Old 09-26-2012, 10:26 PM   #24
DbleTheFun
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by dromio42

Good!! Since I'm solo with my 5 year old twins i wasn't sure how id manage, but a few friendly fellow DISers around maybe be helpful watching out for 1 while i take the other down, since their too short to ride solo and will be devastated if i tell them they cant ride because their with mommy alone.
Old 09-26-2012, 11:24 PM   #25
taaren
"There is more treasure in books than in all the pirate's loot on Treasure Island." - Walt

Quote:
Originally Posted by dromio42 View Post
So true.
Quote:
Good!! Since I'm solo with my 5 year old twins i wasn't sure how id manage, but a few friendly fellow DISers around maybe be helpful watching out for 1 while i take the other down, since their too short to ride solo and will be devastated if i tell them they cant ride because their with mommy alone.
Aww, I'm sure someone will be able to help. Fortunately we have an adult:child ratio of 2:1 (and my DS will be newly 6), so if I see you we'll definitely be able to hang with one of yours.

Since a few of the cabins went down in price after the PIF date, I went ahead and downgraded from an 8C to a 9D for a $150 refund. A little sad that we won't have the giant window seat, but that's a massage for me and DH right there. There's some 11C GTYs (not IGT) for $399 per adult now, but for some reason the computer (and DCL phone reps) are not able to downgrade me to a 11C. Guess they're trying to fill up our cruise. I would love an empty ship though ...
DLR: BW Raffles, Marriott FFI, Hilton Anaheim, BW PPI, Marriott ResInn GG, Anaheim Marriott, VGC, DLH. Cruises: Wonder Repo 9/20/11, Pixar CA Coast 10/7/12, Dream 12/6/12. Aulani mini-TR w/ view and food pix. Dec 2012 PTR/TR of DLR vets taking on the World! New P/TR of 2013 Bi-Coastal Disney-ing.
Old 10-01-2012, 05:40 PM   #26
NSDisneyGirl
Earning My Ears

Getting so excited!

Hi Everyone! My best friend (31) and I (29) are booked on this cruise - we booked in May but I wanted to wait until our final payment was made before checking in on here! We're leaving our families behind and heading to Florida and the cruise for a wonderful VACATION!!! Can't wait! We leave Nova Scotia on November 29th, staying at the Art of Animation resort (Little Mermaid section), for the week to tour Walt Disney World for the week and enjoy all the Holiday add-ons and then boarding the Dream on December 6th with all of you! It'll be her first cruise ever! And my 6th Disney/7th cruise. It'll be her second trip to Disney but first during the Christmas season - I've been to Disney about 15 times and this'll be my second time during the Holidays. We're getting so excited! The count down has started - 59 days til we fly, 66 til the cruise!
Old 10-03-2012, 12:28 AM   #27
taaren

Quote:
Originally Posted by NSDisneyGirl View Post
Hi Everyone! My best friend (31) and I (29) are booked on this cruise - we booked in May but I wanted to wait until our final payment was made before checking in on here! We're leaving our families behind and heading to Florida and the cruise for a wonderful VACATION!!! Can't wait! We leave Nova Scotia on November 29th, staying at the Art of Animation resort (Little Mermaid section), for the week to tour Walt Disney World for the week and enjoy all the Holiday add-ons and then boarding the Dream on December 6th with all of you! It'll be her first cruise ever! And my 6th Disney/7th cruise. It'll be her second trip to Disney but first during the Christmas season - I've been to Disney about 15 times and this'll be my second time during the Holidays. We're getting so excited! The count down has started - 59 days til we fly, 66 til the cruise!
Welcome aboard! I think we have the same countdown for WDW! Awesome that you get a BFF trip, those are just so fun!
Old 10-04-2012, 02:28 PM   #28
jhagan0923
Earning My Ears

Has there been an FE started for this cruise yet? We may be on this cruise (deciding this weekend) and would love to get involved with another exchange. Our first disney cruise was last DEC and we LOVED it!
Old 10-04-2012, 03:00 PM   #29
jhagan0923
Earning My Ears

We have a Disney World trip planned for the week of Dec 10th and hope to add a cruise before the trip. Fingers crossed!
Old 10-04-2012, 05:23 PM   #30
DbleTheFun
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhagan0923 View Post
Has there been an FE started for this cruise yet? We may be on this cruise (deciding this weekend) and would love to get involved with another exchange. Our first disney cruise was last DEC and we LOVED it!
We're such a small group, that FE's are less exciting to do... but hopefully more DIS'ers jump on to the thread as we approach and it's something we can consider!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: