Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Meets
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-14-2011, 09:54 PM   #1
taaren
"There is more treasure in books than in all the pirate's loot on Treasure Island." - Walt

December 6, 2012 ~Dreaming of Castaway Cay~

Hellooooo out there! Anybody on the DIS planning on going on this cruise? Its pretty booked (though some are probably dummy bookings).

We had 2 rooms booked from opening day, then re-booked on board our first cruise on the Wonder this past September to get a larger stateroom that could potentially fit four for the same price. Will be the DH, myself and DS6 on the cruise and we're very excited to see the AquaDuck. Also booked a room for friends in case they can make it. Looking forward to spending my birthday on Castaway Cay next year.

Would have d a cruise with even more nights, but will be doing a week in WDW on either side and were desperate to see Castaway Cay and the AquaDuck before returning to the Wonder again since odds are good after this we'll mainly stick to cruises closer to home on the West Coast.

Would love to do a meet with some other DISsers if anybody else is up for it!
DLR: BW Raffles, Marriott FFI, Hilton Anaheim, BW PPI, Marriott ResInn GG, Anaheim Marriott, VGC, DLH. Cruises: Wonder Repo 9/20/11, Pixar CA Coast 10/7/12, Dream 12/6/12. Aulani mini-TR w/ view and food pix. Dec 2012 PTR/TR of DLR vets taking on the World! New P/TR of 2013 Bi-Coastal Disney-ing.
taaren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2011, 10:45 AM   #2
IrishCowboy
DIS Veteran

I have added your thread to the cruise meet list

Have a great cruise!
Disney Fantasy 7-21-2012
Disney Magic 11-19-2011 - Back to Back
Disney Magic 11-12-2011
Carnival Dream 7-24-2011
Disney Magic 6-13-2009, Disney Magic 11-22-2008,
Disney Magic 3-17-2007, Disney Magic 7-22-2006,
Disney Magic 9-03-2005, Disney Magic 9-18-2004, Disney Magic 5-15-2004, Disney Magic 5-??-2003,
Disney Wonder 12-19-2002, Disney Magic 5-25-2002, Disney Magic 1-19-2002, Disney Magic 5-12-2001
IrishCowboy is online now   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 12-22-2011, 07:48 AM   #3
Goofy Lover
Mouseketeer

Booked!

Just booked this cruise as a Christmas surprise for my husband and daughter!!! Can't wait to see their faces on Sunday morning
Old 12-23-2011, 09:33 AM   #4
dromio42
Mouseketeer

This will be our first cuise too!
Taaren - Thanks for starting the thread. If you have any advice for cruise newbies, please pass it on!
dromio42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2011, 09:08 AM   #5
Goofy Lover
Mouseketeer

The presentation of the cruise as the big family Christmas gift was a huge success!! I even remembered to get their reaction on video
Old 12-29-2011, 11:47 PM   #6
taaren
"There is more treasure in books than in all the pirate's loot on Treasure Island." - Walt

Quote:
Originally Posted by dromio42 View Post
This will be our first cuise too!
Taaren - Thanks for starting the thread. If you have any advice for cruise newbies, please pass it on!
Yay! Welcome aboard! Most of the advice you can get from lurking around the cruise boards for awhile ... just be careful as it gets very addictive. The highlights for us last cruise won't be available on this one since the three-days don't have Palo brunch or the same excursions ... we probably won't do Palo dinner this time as I'd like to experience all three restaurants. Pirate night was a lot of fun, will probably dress up again and see if I can rope DH into it as well for this trip (and I'm not usually a dress-up person since costuming used to be one of my jobs and it still feels a little like 'work' ). Its highly entertaining to be in costume with a thousand or so other people at the same time!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goofy Lover View Post
The presentation of the cruise as the big family Christmas gift was a huge success!! I even remembered to get their reaction on video
Sounds awesome! I can't keep secrets like that since I talk about upcoming trips with the DH in front of DS5. Would love to see your video ... if you upload it to a private youtube channel you can always post the link here.

Good to know there'll be other DISsers on-board!
DLR: BW Raffles, Marriott FFI, Hilton Anaheim, BW PPI, Marriott ResInn GG, Anaheim Marriott, VGC, DLH. Cruises: Wonder Repo 9/20/11, Pixar CA Coast 10/7/12, Dream 12/6/12. Aulani mini-TR w/ view and food pix. Dec 2012 PTR/TR of DLR vets taking on the World! New P/TR of 2013 Bi-Coastal Disney-ing.
Old 04-21-2012, 11:20 AM   #7
BealsRwe
DIS Veteran

Hi everyone. We booked this cruise while on the Dream this past December. It will be my 15th, DH 13th, and DD (age 8 at sailing) 10th DCL cruise. It's a placeholder we have, but we love cruising in December, so more than likely we will be on this sailing.

Stephanie

Platinum DCL
17 DCL cruises, 1 Carnival, 1 Royal Caribbean, and counting!!!
BealsRwe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2012, 03:33 PM   #8
Tinky624
Mouseketeer

Couldn't wait till Our March Wonder cruise! This will be our first December cruise and looking forward to seeing the ship all decorated for Christmas! This will also be the first 3 night cruise we will have done. I hope it doesn't go by to quickly!
Disney Fairy Tale Wedding 4/8/2000, Honeymoon DCL-Wonder 4/00, Polynesian 4/00, Magic Eastern 6/2001, Magic Western 5/2003, Magic Eastern 5/2004, Grand Californian 5/2005, Magic Double Dip 6/2006 , Thomson Safari in Tanzania (thru DVC) 7/2008 , Magic Western 7/2009 **brought home a "little souvenir" , Dream 6/2011, Dream 12/2012, Wonder Western 3/2013, Updated Magic 12/2013, Grand Californian 3/2014, Wonder 12/2014
Please stand clear of the doors - "Por favor, mantenganse alejados de las puertas"
Tinky624 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2012, 05:57 PM   #9
taaren

Quote:
Originally Posted by BealsRwe View Post
Hi everyone. We booked this cruise while on the Dream this past December. It will be my 15th, DH 13th, and DD (age 8 at sailing) 10th DCL cruise. It's a placeholder we have, but we love cruising in December, so more than likely we will be on this sailing.

Stephanie
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tinky624 View Post
Couldn't wait till Our March Wonder cruise! This will be our first December cruise and looking forward to seeing the ship all decorated for Christmas! This will also be the first 3 night cruise we will have done. I hope it doesn't go by to quickly!
Welcome Stephanie and Tinky624! So glad you're going to be joining us!

This is going to be a bit of a teaser, since we've only done a 5 night and our next cruise will probably be a 5 or 6 night on the Wonder. But I'm still super excited to see the Dream, we've already moved our cabin a few times now we're on the 7th deck forward in a non-connecting 8C cabin. Even though it will go by quickly, I'm still trying to figure out how to enjoy everything. I think we're going to be up late every night trying to fit it all in, and just not get off the ship in Nassau to spend more time on the AquaDuck, etc. And we'll have more time to relax when we get back to Disney World for week two the week after this cruise since I have a non park day or two scheduled in there.

The time keeps sneaking up on me, we're only a little over 2 months away from final payment and Palo booking times. We're about 2/3 paid off on the cruise right now, just bought airfare and reserved the car to and from WDW ($40 each way from the Dolphin to Port Canaveral on our own schedule, much better than DCL's $35 per person transfers). Its getting to be more real!
Old 07-07-2012, 06:07 PM   #10
Tinky624
Mouseketeer

We're with you on not getting off in Nassau! The ship has so much to offer and experience!
Disney Fairy Tale Wedding 4/8/2000, Honeymoon DCL-Wonder 4/00, Polynesian 4/00, Magic Eastern 6/2001, Magic Western 5/2003, Magic Eastern 5/2004, Grand Californian 5/2005, Magic Double Dip 6/2006 , Thomson Safari in Tanzania (thru DVC) 7/2008 , Magic Western 7/2009 **brought home a "little souvenir" , Dream 6/2011, Dream 12/2012, Wonder Western 3/2013, Updated Magic 12/2013, Grand Californian 3/2014, Wonder 12/2014
Please stand clear of the doors - "Por favor, mantenganse alejados de las puertas"
Tinky624 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2012, 06:59 PM   #11
dromio42
Mouseketeer

We are also planning on staying on the ship while at Nassau. With just a quick 3 day dip, we want to explore the ship and discover if more cruising might be for us!
dromio42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2012, 01:37 PM   #12
BealsRwe
DIS Veteran

For those of you that haven't cruised on the Dream, it is incredible! Our favorite time of the year to cruise is December, as seeing the ships and Castaway Cay all decorated for Christmas really puts me in the holiday mood! I'm not a huge fan of the 3 day, as it does go by fast, but with DD school schedule, it's hard to do more since she will be a 3rd grader this year. In Florida, that means having to pass the dreaded FCAT exam in the spring, or you must repeat the grade. We will see how school is going, and we may move this one to a longer cruise. DH and I both work at WDW, so we are always looking for the next great cast rate we can take advantage of. Our PIF date is approaching, but we will hold out as long as we can, in hopes rates start becoming available (hopefully) later this summer/early fall.

Platinum DCL
Old 07-28-2012, 09:44 AM   #13
BealsRwe
DIS Veteran

Well, it is appearing that we may be having to cancel this cruise. DH is a manager at Magic Kingdom, and all managers vacations for Oct-Dec are cancelled due to new Fantasyland opening. I know we can always head out on another, but I love the ships and Castaway at Christmas time! I will stay on this board, just in case!

Platinum DCL
Old 07-28-2012, 01:59 PM   #14
taaren

Quote:
Originally Posted by BealsRwe View Post
Well, it is appearing that we may be having to cancel this cruise. DH is a manager at Magic Kingdom, and all managers vacations for Oct-Dec are cancelled due to new Fantasyland opening. I know we can always head out on another, but I love the ships and Castaway at Christmas time! I will stay on this board, just in case!
Aww, that's unfortunate. Guess that's the nature of working in something that is tourist-oriented though, when its high season they take away vacations. Any chance you and DD want to come without him?

Really looking forward to the Dream. Only a little over a month til excursion and Palo bookings are available for Castaway Club members!
Old 09-08-2012, 01:21 AM   #15
taaren

So we're officially at 3 months out! I just made my Palo reservation this morning, paid off the balance yesterday!

Still haven't found a reasonable rental car rate to get to and from port though. Anybody else?

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: