Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-09-2013, 02:45 PM   #1291
petals
Irish Princess because Cinderella said so!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenseib View Post
That looks awesome. I love the costumes and this sounds like such a fun event. of course queuing would be better and more organized and glad to see the Mouse in Charge ....too charge!
It was a fun event. I loved the little Christmas themed outfits.

Quote:
Originally Posted by afwdwfan View Post
I'm glad that Mickey took care of things and restored order.
It's about time someone did

Quote:
Originally Posted by afwdwfan View Post
I'm guessing he wasn't a French mouse?
I never even thought of that
petals is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2013, 09:14 AM   #1292
petals

Eugh music depression. Have to go back to work today so no more music My one consolation I found these in one of the local supermarkets:

granted they are about a quarter of the size of the ones in the parks but MICKEY BARS!!!
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-11-2013, 05:48 PM   #1294
petals

Quote:
I want a mickey bar!!!!!
Someone put them up on facebook the other night and I had to go looking for them today. So happy they still had them in the shop
Old 04-12-2013, 07:37 PM   #1295
petals

Those of you who are a million times more creative than I am. Going to a fancy dress event in a few months with a theme of "Face the music" funny enough it's with a load of musical societies. Anyway costume ideas for "face the music" theme anyone?
Old 04-17-2013, 09:04 PM   #1296
petals

One last run around Disney Village.

Day 5, part 4:

So when I left you we were at the Disneyland Hotel for the opening of the House of Goodies. Here's the ingredients in case anyone wants to make their own lol:

Belle's Book and the Beast's Rose:

We left the Disneyland Hotel admiring the scenery on the way:

and we headed for the Disney Village one more time:

We stopped at World of Disney to admire the far side of it. I took more pics of the carvings on the wall:

Lookie there's the Studios water tower:

and to give you an idea of just how close everything is in Paris. There's Minnie outside World of Disney but if you look in the window you can see the reflection of the studios water tower:

I went in to get another pin and spotted this cute magnet as well:

The Disney store was open now so we went over to see if I could find the rude CM and Momma wanted glasses as well. I took pictures of the ceiling decorations and some of the merchandise in between trading the last pins I had:

Momma then decided she wanted food before we went to the airport. About the same time it started raining really heavy with thunder and lightening so we made a dash to McDonalds and got soaked on the way. We couldn't really complain though because we had four and a half completey dry days which was very lucky. It was cold but dry. We both got happy meals in McDonalds very exciting:

When we came out it was dark and the trees were lit up:

We stopped to pick up a merange each before we said goodbye to the Disney Village:

and went back to our hotel to pack away everything we had bought:

Once I had packed everything away I left Momma to mind the cases while I went wandering around the lobby taking pictures:

The not so exciting children's play area in the lobby:

It's huge I know!!!

Next up: Farewell Disneyland
Old 04-17-2013, 10:49 PM   #1297
KatMark
DIS Veteran

We are back from Florida and I'm playing catch up again.

What a lovely birthday cake...how very sweet.

I'm glad the show was a success.

Love the photos of the hotel...very pretty. And glad you got to meet most of the characters.
Old 04-17-2013, 10:59 PM   #1298
MEK
DIS Veteran

Was in HHI last week so I'm not completely caught up but just want to say that the DL hotel looks beautiful - especially decorated for Christmas.

Nothing wrong with a MCD's happy meal. Sometimes it just hits the spot!

The Empty Nester's Magical Mystery Tour I Told You Driving Was Bad for Your Health

Sorry Gaston, They are MUCH More Interesting than You!
Will You Chill Out if I Sprinkle You With Pixie Dust?

Remembering 9/11:MEK Original
Why Not Just Queue Up Another Disney Trip?
How Do You Think We Stay So Happy?
Inching My Way Closer to the Castle Sept 10 TR
Wheeling & Dealing at the WL May '10 TR
Play'in It at Pop Sept 09 Anniversary Trip
JUNE 09 TR...KICK'N IT AT KIDANI DH & I do Disney Solo! DEC 2008 June 2008 tripreport
My Trips 2002-Offsite 2003-POR 2004-Royal Pacific/Daytona Bch 2005-CBR 2006-Pop, SSR 2007-ASM 2008-Pop, Vero Bch/SSR, POFQ/SSR 2009-Kidani/CSR, Pop 2010- VWL, BLT 2011-POR/BCV, Disney's HHI Resort, OKW2012-Treehouse villa/BWV, VWL/BWV 2013-HHI, Secret off site location;BWV/AKL 2014- Tampa, ASSp/BCV, OKW
MEK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2013, 11:06 PM   #1299
KatMark
DIS Veteran

We must have been ninja posting. Love the shopping pictures.

And McDonalds always hits the spot when hungry and on the run.
Old 04-18-2013, 10:57 AM   #1300
petals

Quote:
Originally Posted by KatMark View Post
We are back from Florida and I'm playing catch up again.

What a lovely birthday cake...how very sweet.

I'm glad the show was a success.
Hope you enjoyed Florida. I loved my birthday cake and the show was just amazing.

Quote:
Love the photos of the hotel...very pretty. And glad you got to meet most of the characters.
the hotel was pretty. I prob would have got to more characters if i knew they were going to do the meet after the opening

Quote:
Originally Posted by MEK View Post
Was in HHI last week so I'm not completely caught up but just want to say that the DL hotel looks beautiful - especially decorated for Christmas.
It was very pretty.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MEK View Post
Nothing wrong with a MCD's happy meal. Sometimes it just hits the spot!
Quote:
We must have been ninja posting. Love the shopping pictures.

And McDonalds always hits the spot when hungry and on the run.
We were still kinda full from cafe mickey's so the happy meal was enough for us
Old 04-24-2013, 06:43 PM   #1302
petals

Quote:
That kids play area cracks me up. Why even bother? LOL
I know it was ridiculously small like. But then the bar was right beside it so handy I guess for parents that want a few drinks and the kids can amuse themselves there for about 5 seconds
Old 04-25-2013, 02:58 AM   #1303
blessedmom4
WE BELIEVE IN MIRACLES! ~~Nearly twice as many children die from Congenital Heart Defects in the U.S. each year as die from all forms of childhood cancers combined.

Location: I am not religious, I have a relationship with God.

Stopping in to say Hi Emma!
blessedmom4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 04:00 PM   #1304
petals

Quote:
Originally Posted by blessedmom4 View Post
Stopping in to say Hi Emma!
Thanks hope all is well with you?
Old 04-27-2013, 08:08 PM   #1305
petals

Farewell Disneyland

Day 5, part 5:

So when I left you before we were waiting in the hotel reception area for Shakira to arrive (for those arriving late to the trip report, his name probably wasnt Shakira but on the way from the airport to the hotel the taxi driver played the same three Shakira songs on repeat for an hour.) I took a wander around the reception to take pictures and down to the hotel gift shop:
I want lights like these in my room:

I may have picked up one more friend in the gift shop that I had been undecided about while I was in the Disney Village earlier in the day. We had also got some of those little meringues before we left the Disney Village this was mine:

Shakira arrived around this time as well so we headed to the airport. The drive to the airport seemed a lot longer going back to the airport than it was when we were going to the hotel. Once we checked in we had an expensive drink, Momma had tea and I had sprite that cost 3.99. I took out my meringue to eat and it was all flattened but still yummy. We took a wander around the shops at the airport while we were waiting as well:
I found Disney:

Cool French stuff:

We went through the security and Angel was sitting on my hand luggage as we went through the passport control like so:

The girls checking the passports were commenting on how cute he was. Then I took him off to go through security and the lady police officer took him as if she was going to take him off me. She was only messing though she just thought he was so cute she wanted to take him home with her. Momma told her how Angel had been all over the world I sat down beside what we thought was the gate while Momma went to see if someone would let her into the duty free area which had just closed. I was sitting beside this screen:

I noticed people kept walking down the entrance way and I was wondering what was going on so when Momma came back we went for a walk and discovered we weren't at the gate at all. We did eventually find it and third time lucky the flight was actually leaving on time. This was our third trip to Paris, we had been in 2002 and 2003 with the dancers and both times we went something happened and our flights got delayed until the following day. It was quite funny really because there was two planes that the dancers went on both years and both years Momma and I were in the group that got stuck in Paris. Anyways we boarded the flight:

The flight attendants were hilarious. They were all joking about something among themselves as people were boarding the flight and one of the guys kept saying things like there are only 70 people on this plane so choose your seat and then you can play hide and seek if you like as there will be that many seats free. Then when they turned the lights off for take off he said there was a light in the panel above your head for reading but just in case you're still scared of the dark hold the hands of your fellow passengers. Momma said she had heard the woman across from her giving out to them for not smiling so she thought that's why they were being so smart. I thought they were funny. Momma went to sleep for the flight home and I watched Madagascar. We got back to Ireland at 10.30pm. I took some pictures of Ireland all lit up:

Momma went to visit her friend in Dublin before we headed home. We got home at about 1am to a very cold house. We weren't to sad about this Disney holiday coming to an end as we were both so sick of all the rude people we had encountered. We loved the Disney parks and enjoyed our time there but the rude people were just annoying. The next day my doggies came home and I took some pictures of the souvenirs I got.
These were the pins I had traded for the last day we were there:

Our park tickets:

I bought a cd of the music from the parks and when you opened it, it was a bit scary because the cd was kind of hidden and you got this pop up:

I did find the cd under the pop eventually. Angel with all his new French friends:

Momma bought this for her friend as a present. I asked her if I could take a picture of it before she gave it to him because I thought it was cool and remarked how it mentioned the location of all the Disney parks. This is now on our fridge and her friend never got it :

And so we have reached the end of the "Turn on the heat before I turn into a Yeti!" trip

Last edited by petals; 04-27-2013 at 08:22 PM.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: