Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-05-2012, 08:51 PM   #961
jenseib
Mommy to Claire

I am FINALLY caught up!!!! YAY!

I totally knew that momma would walk off somewhere...too funny!

It's so sad that this is your last day....but you had a lot of fun days, so i guess it's time to say goodbye....for now.

I sure hope it's not so cold when we are there in Nov. I have sweatshirts...but I hate changing into jeans.

Yay for graduation coming up too. That wil lbe my sad day, as I leave Disney that day, but I will be thinking of you as we make our way home and the joy you will be feeling.
jenseib is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 09:53 PM   #962
MEK
DIS Veteran

Sniff Sniff. Your last few hours finally are here. I'm glad you had a camera frenzy because you got some great shots.

Too funny that your momma disappeared when you gave her explicit directions to stay put.

You got some great shots of the legos. I also love seeing pictures of POP. I do the same thing - I tend to take a bunch of resort pictures on my last day. I just can never seem to get enough.

The Empty Nester's Magical Mystery Tour I Told You Driving Was Bad for Your Health

Sorry Gaston, They are MUCH More Interesting than You!
Will You Chill Out if I Sprinkle You With Pixie Dust?

Remembering 9/11:MEK Original
Why Not Just Queue Up Another Disney Trip?
How Do You Think We Stay So Happy?
Inching My Way Closer to the Castle Sept 10 TR
Wheeling & Dealing at the WL May '10 TR
Play'in It at Pop Sept 09 Anniversary Trip
JUNE 09 TR...KICK'N IT AT KIDANI DH & I do Disney Solo! DEC 2008 June 2008 tripreport
My Trips 2002-Offsite 2003-POR 2004-Royal Pacific/Daytona Bch 2005-CBR 2006-Pop, SSR 2007-ASM 2008-Pop, Vero Bch/SSR, POFQ/SSR 2009-Kidani/CSR, Pop 2010- VWL, BLT 2011-POR/BCV, Disney's HHI Resort, OKW2012-Treehouse villa/BWV, VWL/BWV 2013-HHI, Secret off site location;BWV/AKL 2014- Tampa, ASSp/BCV, OKW
MEK is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-06-2012, 10:49 AM   #963
petals
Irish Princess because Cinderella said so!

Look at that 1 month til my visit to Mickey's French Chateau! I kinda wish I was more excited but life!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenseib View Post
I am FINALLY caught up!!!! YAY!

I totally knew that momma would walk off somewhere...too funny!
Quote:
Originally Posted by MEK View Post
Too funny that your momma disappeared when you gave her explicit directions to stay put.
I'm just glad she didn't get lost! WOD is a big enough place like and I'm not really sure what I would have done if she hadn't managed to come out the same door she went in because she would have panicked. Hence the orders of don't move like!

Quote:
It's so sad that this is your last day....but you had a lot of fun days, so i guess it's time to say goodbye....for now.
It should never be time to say goodbye no matter how many fun days there are!

Quote:
I sure hope it's not so cold when we are there in Nov. I have sweatshirts...but I hate changing into jeans.
We had a mixed bag with the weather really. I just always brought a tracksuit bottoms and hoody in a bag with me and changed later in the day esp after that first Epcot day because that wasn't a pleasant evening!

Quote:
Yay for graduation coming up too. That wil lbe my sad day, as I leave Disney that day, but I will be thinking of you as we make our way home and the joy you will be feeling.
This will be my third graduation well second that I'm attending. I wouldn't go to this one either except for the fact that the college won't post out the piece of paper you have to go to the college to collect it if you don't go to graduation. I don't like the way they make you wear the robes and then charge you for wearing them it's like they're making you pay for graduation after paying for your course as well. On the upside it's a Wednesday so I'll have dancing that night! I will be thinking of you leaving Disney though as I get my piece of paper to add to the other two in the attic!

Quote:
Sniff Sniff. Your last few hours finally are here. I'm glad you had a camera frenzy because you got some great shots.
I know the last few hours are awful but like the camera was on over-drive I took pics of every corner of POP I could get to because you have to take as many pics as you can because you won't be there the next day

Quote:
You got some great shots of the legos. I also love seeing pictures of POP. I do the same thing - I tend to take a bunch of resort pictures on my last day. I just can never seem to get enough.
It's like that castle no matter how many pics you have of the castle you still have to take more
petals is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 05:14 PM   #964
petals

Lookie that.. WEEKS. The ticker says WEEKS til I see my favourite Mouse again and boy do I need it.

30 days today and I started my 30 day countdown video watch.. Watching Cinderella tonight.. I actually snuck in an xmas early Xmas one last night though got Mickey's Christmas Carol and the story of Small One on video for 10 cent in the charity shop a few weeks back.
Old 10-07-2012, 05:20 PM   #965
lovethattink
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by petals View Post
Lookie that.. WEEKS. The ticker says WEEKS til I see my favourite Mouse again and boy do I need it.

30 days today and I started my 30 day countdown video watch.. Watching Cinderella tonight.. I actually snuck in an xmas early Xmas one last night though got Mickey's Christmas Carol and the story of Small One on video for 10 cent in the charity shop a few weeks back.
WoooHoooo!
lovethattink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 08:15 PM   #966
petals

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovethattink View Post
WoooHoooo!
I so need it.
Old 10-09-2012, 12:04 AM   #968
petals

I didn't find time to watch a Disney movie today.. I did figure out how to get one of my editing programmes to do something I've been trying to do for ages though which majorly lifted my mood

I think y'all should suggest what Disney movie I should watch next as well. I will also try do the next update soon and maybe finish this before Paris!
Old 10-09-2012, 08:04 PM   #969
petals

Continuing our tour of POP.

Day 15, part 3:

So when I left you we were wandering around POP. I found my year:

We stopped around about her for a few mins. I had Angel with me and an old lady was sitting beside Momma on a bench smoking. She was like is that Duffy. I was kinda confused. Duffy isnít white. I left Momma waiting on the bench and went off taking pics with Angel can you spot him:

Pacman:

Around here I saw some of the cleaning ladies and asked them if I could have some of the shampoos and soaps to take home. They gave me four of each. Love them.

I went back to get Momma then and we headed back towards reception:

That wasnít very wordy but whatever.

Next up: First ride on the Magical depress!
Old 10-10-2012, 08:10 AM   #970
MEK
DIS Veteran

That was nice of the mousekeepers to give you some Disney toiletries to take home. Finding a bar of Disney soap at home always makes me smile!

The Empty Nester's Magical Mystery Tour I Told You Driving Was Bad for Your Health

Sorry Gaston, They are MUCH More Interesting than You!
Will You Chill Out if I Sprinkle You With Pixie Dust?

Remembering 9/11:MEK Original
Why Not Just Queue Up Another Disney Trip?
How Do You Think We Stay So Happy?
Inching My Way Closer to the Castle Sept 10 TR
Wheeling & Dealing at the WL May '10 TR
Play'in It at Pop Sept 09 Anniversary Trip
JUNE 09 TR...KICK'N IT AT KIDANI DH & I do Disney Solo! DEC 2008 June 2008 tripreport
My Trips 2002-Offsite 2003-POR 2004-Royal Pacific/Daytona Bch 2005-CBR 2006-Pop, SSR 2007-ASM 2008-Pop, Vero Bch/SSR, POFQ/SSR 2009-Kidani/CSR, Pop 2010- VWL, BLT 2011-POR/BCV, Disney's HHI Resort, OKW2012-Treehouse villa/BWV, VWL/BWV 2013-HHI, Secret off site location;BWV/AKL 2014- Tampa, ASSp/BCV, OKW
MEK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 07:21 PM   #971
petals

Quote:
That was nice of the mousekeepers to give you some Disney toiletries to take home. Finding a bar of Disney soap at home always makes me smile!
I won't use them. I have them all on my dresser just to remind me of Disney.
Old 10-11-2012, 05:17 PM   #972
petals

First ride on the Magical depress!

Day 15, part 4:

So when I left you above we were wandering around POP Century and just made it back to Reception. I wandered for another while taking pics as I went:

Momma went off to gather our cases then as it was nearing the time for our first ever ride on the Magical Depress. We went to wait at the bus stop:

And I just sadly watched Disney transport wiz by to bring happy people off to the parks:

Then this drove by:

And parked in front of the other cool old skool car at POP:

And then we saw it coming:

I think the bus drivers name was Mario as we were checking onto the bus and loading the cases he was asking where we were from. Thankfully heíd heard of aer lingus and he said he always wanted to go to Ireland. I offered him my plane ticket, but he wouldnít accept it. I really didnít want to go home if someone would ship over my two dogs I would happily have stayed there forever-more! We got all settled in omg like even the seats look magical:

Soon everyone was loaded on board and it was time to say farewell to POP and Disney and I just about held the tears back:

The video definitely helped keep the tears at bay itís like holding onto to Disney for that little bit longer and it lasts right up until you get to the airport so you donít notice the length of the journey not that itís that long anyway. I took screen shots:

Go away with your Bye byes!
At the airport Momma got off the bus at terminal A to ask the bus driver if we should be at A or B. He said she should go back to her sister (me) on the bus. Momma was obv like eh thatís my daughter and he was like but you only look 20. Momma playfully hit his arm and the lady behind me went did you see what that lady just did she just punched the bus driver over-dramatic much

Next up: Donít make me leave!!!
Old 10-11-2012, 10:37 PM   #973
amandaw
DIS Veteran

Playing catch up! So sad y'alls trips was coming to an end. That's funny about the woman saying your Momma punched the bus driver.
amandaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2012, 08:29 AM   #974
petals

Quote:
Originally Posted by amandaw View Post
Playing catch up! So sad y'alls trips was coming to an end. That's funny about the woman saying your Momma punched the bus driver.
I'm sad to. I actually cried last night.. Big baby much
Old 10-13-2012, 09:56 AM   #975
momabaarjo
In Pursuit of Cupcakes, Booze, & PHM

I am having tears right along with you!
momabaarjo is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: