Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-12-2012, 04:20 PM   #76
petals
Irish Princess because Cinderella said so!

My Magical Happy place I am back!!!

Day 3, Part 1:
Saturday 26th November 2011

Anyone thinking of going in November/December this year this day was obviously falling in Thanksgiving weekend and there was no Christmas party on in the park but there was a few surprises throughout the day so if you didn't want to shell out extra money for the Christmas party this might be a good day to visit the parks?!

Anyways we got up early. Our hotel had two bues to the parks in the morning one at 8.30am and one at 12.30. We got the early one all the time for obvious reasons. We went out to reception and pretty soon our big white-blue bus arrived to take us to the land where dreams come true and this morning I was super excited because I was going to my uber magical happy place! We got to Epcot shortly after 9 and took the Monorail to Ticket and Transportation centre:

Quick stop for a pic:

and then in our own Disney tradition we got the Ferryboat over to the most Magical Kingdom on earth (probably) for the first time this trip:

first view of Mickey's house:

Soon we arrived at my magical happy place (it was a quarter to ten when we arrived I zoomed in on the clock ):

We went around the corner and little miss snappy here got way overwhelmed! So many decorations, I was in my happy place, so many lights, I was in my happy place, what direction to go first, I was in my happy place! *runs around in excited circles to wear down excitement.* and then cue alot of picture taking:

I like how I got a little rainbow in the corner of this pic:

One of first things I noticed about Magic Kingdom was no 45 ft Christmas tree this year. Instead was this:

It was still cute though! And then Lookie the castle through all those wreaths:

MOMMA WE'RE IN THE MAGICAL PLACE WHERE ALL WORRIES GO AWAY!!! Before I had a melt down I took Momma's ticket because she won't queue for characters and went off to get these fastpasses:

Then in order to calm down and try decide what direction to go in next we headed for the Emporium:

I took that pic and then heard music start outside so ran out to see these guys:

Doesn't the lady with the green skirt on the end look like she has no feet in that pic! but yay another disney ambition filled. I'd never seen them before and hoped to see them and was not expecting them to be out then but there ya go. When they finished we went back inside to finish looking and picture taking:

See the Mickey Mouse that was the Christmas outfit for 2011 on the plushies. I then took pictures of some of the cute window displays:

Again when I was looking up park hours it said Magic Kingdom would be open this day until 10pm but when we got the park times on the day it said the park was going to be open until 12am! So I left the decision on how long we stayed with Momma as it would determine the rest of the evening. We could get taxi back to hotel or else leave park early and get our hotel bus at 10.30. I left her to think that over for a while and we headed up towards the hub:

my artsy pic:

Next up Shake your tail feather!

Last edited by petals; 01-12-2012 at 04:27 PM.
petals is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2012, 05:57 PM   #77
amandaw
DIS Veteran

I love Christmas time at Disney! Isn't it the best?

I wonder why they didn't have the big tree up at the front.

Can't wait to hear what all you did in MK!
amandaw is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-12-2012, 06:11 PM   #78
Caretames1
Mom & Crazed Planner

I may be wrong, but I think the big wasn't there because they take it down for the parade taping the first weekend in December. Maybe the little tree was there as decor until then?

Nice decor photos! I can't wait until I can see it for myself. Good catch on the singers!
Wake Up! SURPRISE, We're going to Disney World....TODAY Sept 2011 TRhttp://www.disboards.com/showthread....9#post42811539
"Momma, I got to dance with Flynn Ryder!" Our January 2011 TR.http://www.disboards.com/showthread....1#post39775931
First Ever Trip to Disney World 1/23/2009 (POR) 6 days
Back to Disney World 1/21/2011 (POR) 10 days

Shhh! Suprise MNSSHP Trip 9/21/2011 (POP) 5 days
Surprise...AGAIN! 11/1/12 (AoA) 11 days
ME: Carey DH: John DD: Kadence (10) DD: Samantha (20)
Caretames1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2012, 07:49 PM   #79
afwdwfan
DIS Dad #460
You should always make room for a loophole when you need it

That's right. The big tree goes up after they film the parade. We didn't get to see it either.

Great pictures. I always love that first moment when you arrive in the Magic Kingdom. Such a great feeling.
afwdwfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2012, 09:16 PM   #80
amandaw
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caretames1 View Post
I may be wrong, but I think the big wasn't there because they take it down for the parade taping the first weekend in December. Maybe the little tree was there as decor until then?
Ahhh....that makes sense. Thanks for the info! My family does the 2nd week in December, so I've always seen it up. Didn't think about the parade.
Old 01-13-2012, 10:11 AM   #81
petals

Quote:
Originally Posted by amandaw View Post
I love Christmas time at Disney! Isn't it the best?

I wonder why they didn't have the big tree up at the front.

Can't wait to hear what all you did in MK!
I know everything was so pretty.

I have many pictures from Magic Kingdom. Waiting for my photopass to start my dvd and put the video on the computer. I can do first few updates but need pics from the video for one of them because something happened that distracted my picture taking but I caught the start of it on video.

Quote:

Nice decor photos! I can't wait until I can see it for myself. Good catch on the singers!
Ah you'll have to wait and see on the big Christmas tree

I found that I'd seen all the pictures of the castle etc in advance and they were wow and the videos made me cry but when you are standing there in front of it it's just out of this world!

I wanted to see those singers and didn't really expect them to be there I just heard the music and took off with Momma trailing behind I hoped!

Quote:
Originally Posted by afwdwfan View Post
That's right. The big tree goes up after they film the parade. We didn't get to see it either.

Great pictures. I always love that first moment when you arrive in the Magic Kingdom. Such a great feeling.
Thanks..

Again wait and see on the big Christmas tree! I was just expecting it to be there and was slightly deflated for about 2 seconds because it wasn't!
Old 01-13-2012, 03:01 PM   #83
petals

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovethattink View Post
Wasn't there a tree near the castle? My memory is terrible. Guess I'm going to have to wait and see...
Nope all that was near the castle was alot of Poinsetta's the castle stage had a few Christmas trees but no 45ft tree like the other parks!
Old 01-13-2012, 03:11 PM   #84
petals

Shake your tail feather

I've spent the day studying for what will be a third of my essay and my head hurts now so have an update

Day 3, Part 2:

This will be mainly pictures but I'm sure you won't mind.
Once we made our way to the hub and I amused myself with picture taking we decided to wait for the first Move it, Shake it, Celebrate it Street Party of the day before our next destination so it began and there was much shaking of tail feathers and picture taking:

I learned from other trip reports that if you stand in certain places you get pretty pictures with the castle in the background so I moved from one side of the street to the other and then took these:

All the while Momma's job was to watch the time so we would make it to our next destination on time. So she started saying we need to go as the street party started to leave. Uh huh just a few more pics and we'll go:

Next up Lunchtime with some friends

Last edited by petals; 01-13-2012 at 03:17 PM.
Old 01-13-2012, 07:47 PM   #86
amandaw
DIS Veteran

Great pics! I'll have to remember that spot for parades to get the castle in the background. That's if my son will actually let me watch a parade.
Old 01-13-2012, 09:09 PM   #87
petals

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovethattink View Post
Great pics of Move it, shake it parade!
Thanking you

Quote:
Great pics! I'll have to remember that spot for parades to get the castle in the background. That's if my son will actually let me watch a parade.
Thank you

We normally stood with our backs to the castle every other year until I saw the trip report pics. I dunno why but I never really copped if I turn around I could get the castle in the background of the parade pics

Move it Shake it parade should be fun for him though because he'll get to dance with the characters. Tell him Woody wants to dance with him
Old 01-13-2012, 09:17 PM   #88
amandaw
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by petals View Post

Move it Shake it parade should be fun for him though because he'll get to dance with the characters. Tell him Woody wants to dance with him
I'll tell him that & see if he'll stay for the parade then. Normally, when he finds out a parade is about to happen he starts complaining that he just wants to do rides. Typical male.
Old 01-14-2012, 01:03 PM   #89
Caretames1
Mom & Crazed Planner

Love all the pictures! We saw the Move it Shake it parade like 3 times in one day in Jan! And took photos everytime!

Where's lunch!!
Wake Up! SURPRISE, We're going to Disney World....TODAY Sept 2011 TRhttp://www.disboards.com/showthread....9#post42811539
"Momma, I got to dance with Flynn Ryder!" Our January 2011 TR.http://www.disboards.com/showthread....1#post39775931
First Ever Trip to Disney World 1/23/2009 (POR) 6 days
Back to Disney World 1/21/2011 (POR) 10 days

Shhh! Suprise MNSSHP Trip 9/21/2011 (POP) 5 days
Surprise...AGAIN! 11/1/12 (AoA) 11 days
ME: Carey DH: John DD: Kadence (10) DD: Samantha (20)
Caretames1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2012, 08:05 AM   #90
petals

Quote:
I'll tell him that & see if he'll stay for the parade then. Normally, when he finds out a parade is about to happen he starts complaining that he just wants to do rides. Typical male.
But parades are fun!

Quote:
Love all the pictures! We saw the Move it Shake it parade like 3 times in one day in Jan! And took photos everytime!

Where's lunch!!
I think Move it, shake it and the dream along with mickey show is on so often everytime you cross the park via the hub you end up seeing one of them

I'll try do lunch update laters back to college tomorrow and won't be able to do another update until next weekend at least

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: