Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-29-2012, 07:55 AM   #751
petals
Irish Princess because Cinderella said so!

Quote:
Originally Posted by amandaw View Post
The animal show looks cute!
It is a fun show. They say all the animals are from movies but I don't know if that's the truth or not. We saw it in 1995 when I was little as well and they actually had Beethoven the dog at it. I remember that because we took a photo of him and when we got the photos developed the photographer had stolen the picture and Momma lost the negative so we couldn't get a new one.

Quote:
That's funny about the Mickey head.
I thought that was funny to.

Quote:
Sounds like y'all were having a fun day!
It was a relaxing unrushed kind of day!
petals is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2012, 03:06 PM   #752
petals

Christmas at Universal begins

So I thought I might finish the Universal day off now.

Don’t miss the update I did last night/early this morning as well on the previous page!

Day 11, part 4:
So after Beetlejuice we decided to grab a spot for the parade. We made a little mistake here which I’ll get to in a bit but I left Momma minding the spot and I went to get some treats for us although she didn’t know that she thought I was just wandering around taking pics:

One of each please:

I came back with two chocolate spores for us:

They were yummy. I was squirrel spotting while we were eating:

Then soon enough it was time for Christmas to start in Universal in the form of the Macy’s holiday parade:

We had waited near the gates that the parade comes out… this was our mistake the parade comes out:

Splitting because I’ve too many pics for one post!

Last edited by petals; 07-31-2012 at 04:55 PM.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-29-2012, 03:08 PM   #753
petals

End of Christmas in Universal

Day 11, part 5:

The parade comes out goes down one street to the Christmas tree… Then Santa gets off the float and lights the tree... This we did not know so we missed this part but the parade then circles around and comes back up and goes in the same gates it comes out. It was a good parade not Disney but still good even though we did encounter our next rudey at this parade. We had been waiting maybe an hour or so at our spot because there was nothing else we wanted to do in Universal anyway. So parade comes and we’re at front me happy I can get my good pics. Ten mins before the parade starts a very mouthy Momma and her about 8 year old son come up behind the crowd and her attitude stank she stood behind me trying to push him in front and when that failed she started shouting behind me about how appalling it was for adults to be stood at the front for a parade in a child’s amusement park that children should be given first priority for a spot at the front so they can see the parade. I completely ignored her but had she not have had such a rubbish attitude I probably would have asked the child if he wanted to stand in front of me it was just her rubbish attitude that made me not want to bother!
Anyways after the parade we strolled around again looking at the floats around the park:

We headed down towards the Christmas market and the now lit up Christmas tree:

In the market there was food, toys, games, glass blowing, funny signs one was for a guard dog and read “I can get to the fence in 3 seconds can you?” There were also a lot of Christmas decorations:

Next we went over to the stage area to wait for the next big event:

The Mannheim Steamroller was playing. They were good but we didn’t stay very long only a couple of songs and then we decided to head towards the exit:

We did of course stop over in the gift shop along the way and Momma was going to buy this little guy. I think he was only 8.99 which wasn’t bad compared to the other plushies but she decided against it anyway:

After that we went back out to Citywalk and decided to go to the cinema. We went to see The Muppets. It wasn’t going to be out in Ireland until February so I was delighted to be able to see it in December and these dudes were in the cinema:

We hadn’t been to cinema at Universal in a while but roley moley the price has gone up. When we went in 2008 it was only 4 dollars for me this time it was 10.50. Maybe it was the time of the year we went or something but seems like a very large hike in the last few years. We got a taxi back to the hotel after the movie and I went on facebook for a while to use up the cards I had for the computer. Momma went back to the hotel room while I checked facebook and my emails and that. I hadn’t been watching facebook a lot and there was a few Dissers looking for me because we had something planned in the next few days and they had been wondering if I was still interested in taking part. Emails checked, deleted and the important ones replied to I went to bed, sad because we were nearing the end of our stay in Florida.

Next up: Another day's adventure begins!

Last edited by petals; 07-31-2012 at 04:56 PM.
Old 07-29-2012, 03:18 PM   #754
amandaw
DIS Veteran

The parade looks fun. Sorry about the rude woman, though. Some people are just ridiculous!

That's cool that Mannheim Steamroller was there. I love their Christmas music!

The Muppets was a cute movie! Yeah, the price to go to the movie theatre is insane these days. We only go to the movies that we are REALLY interested in seeing.
amandaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2012, 03:59 PM   #755
petals

Quote:
The parade looks fun. Sorry about the rude woman, though. Some people are just ridiculous!
It was a fun parade. I wouldn't mind her if she had of just asked would you mind if he stood in front of you because he can't see the child was shorter than me so I would have still gotten the pics and video over his head it was just her attitude like I'm here move over that bugged me.

Quote:
That's cool that Mannheim Steamroller was there. I love their Christmas music!
They were good. I'd heard alot about them so thought I'd take the time to check them out.

Quote:
The Muppets was a cute movie! Yeah, the price to go to the movie theatre is insane these days. We only go to the movies that we are REALLY interested in seeing.
I love the Muppets movie. I went again in February when it came out but brought my niece that time. She's 11 and had never seen muppets on tv or anything she loved it thought they were really funny. I don't go cinema that often either. We were kinda going thinking it was still going to be 4 dollars and then just went anyway because we had decided on a movie already.
Old 07-30-2012, 08:04 AM   #756
MEK
DIS Veteran

Checked out your last updates this morning and I must say that the Christmas parade looks like fun! ACK to the lady just assuming her child could stand in front of you. There IS a way to nicely make that request.

I remember seeing that animal show years ago. I totally forgot about it, but it was very entertaining.

The Empty Nester's Magical Mystery Tour I Told You Driving Was Bad for Your Health

Sorry Gaston, They are MUCH More Interesting than You!
Will You Chill Out if I Sprinkle You With Pixie Dust?

Remembering 9/11:MEK Original
Why Not Just Queue Up Another Disney Trip?
How Do You Think We Stay So Happy?
Inching My Way Closer to the Castle Sept 10 TR
Wheeling & Dealing at the WL May '10 TR
Play'in It at Pop Sept 09 Anniversary Trip
JUNE 09 TR...KICK'N IT AT KIDANI DH & I do Disney Solo! DEC 2008 June 2008 tripreport
My Trips 2002-Offsite 2003-POR 2004-Royal Pacific/Daytona Bch 2005-CBR 2006-Pop, SSR 2007-ASM 2008-Pop, Vero Bch/SSR, POFQ/SSR 2009-Kidani/CSR, Pop 2010- VWL, BLT 2011-POR/BCV, Disney's HHI Resort, OKW2012-Treehouse villa/BWV, VWL/BWV 2013-HHI, Secret off site location;BWV/AKL 2014- Tampa, ASSp/BCV, OKW
MEK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2012, 04:47 PM   #757
petals

Firstly let me just say doing the double digit dance yeah

Quote:
Originally Posted by MEK View Post
Checked out your last updates this morning and I must say that the Christmas parade looks like fun!
Yeah it was a good one. It was different like

Quote:
ACK to the lady just assuming her child could stand in front of you. There IS a way to nicely make that request.
What annoyed me most about her was her rudeness. I would have had no problem offering if she hadn't have been so rude about it and the fact we'd been waiting for an hour she arrived ten mins before the parade.

Quote:
I remember seeing that animal show years ago. I totally forgot about it, but it was very entertaining.
It is a funny show. I love all the doggies anyway though

Last edited by petals; 07-30-2012 at 09:37 PM.
Old 07-30-2012, 10:03 PM   #758
petals

98 days til I see this beauty

Oh have also edited all day 12 pics so more update coming soon.
Old 07-31-2012, 07:39 PM   #759
petals

Another day's adventure begins!

Happy August!

Day 12, part 1:
Monday 5th December, 2011

We got up early today as we wanted to start packing. We had breakfast in the room I had these:

I took some photos around the hotel as we would be leaving it the next day:
Momma didn’t like the towers because it reminded her of a prison this is taken from the ground floor looking up from in the middle of the towers:

They had a little pond on the ground as well:

And there was even goldfish:

This little dude was hanging around the car park:

And this was hotel pool:

We never did get around to using that last year. Anyways after that we headed back to Citywalk . We had wanted to go cinema early but when we got there the movie we wanted to see wasn’t on until later in the evening. This was also a hot day. I think it had finally reached the 80’s but it was definitely the hottest day we’d had in the 12 days. Since the movie wasn’t on we just took a stroll around the endangered species shop in Citywalk:

They had many funny t-shirts:

We eventually started to wander towards a park, passing my stage which was all decorated for Christmas:

It’s my stage because that’s where we danced on St. Patrick’s Day with the dancing school. We also danced in the Hard Rock Café:

And everytime I see either of those now I go I danced there! lol
We eventually made our way to Islands of Adventure:

We walked up through the shops because it was so warm out and shops were cooler. I took pics along the way of course:

When we came back out onto the street these guys were wandering around:

Then these guys started playing some quirky music and dancing around:

We stayed to watch for a few mins before heading off to our next destination.

Next up: A free character brunch!
Old 07-31-2012, 09:34 PM   #760
amandaw
DIS Veteran

That's too bad that the movie wasn't playing yet for y'all.

Love all of the Christmas pics! Those little gingerbread men (I can't tell if they're ornaments or what not) are so cute!
Old 07-31-2012, 10:45 PM   #761
petals

Quote:
That's too bad that the movie wasn't playing yet for y'all.
We kind of only wanted to go early for two reasons. First because we thought it would be cheaper in the morning and second because we wanted to get back to the hotel early to pack.

Quote:
Love all of the Christmas pics! Those little gingerbread men (I can't tell if they're ornaments or what not) are so cute!
I've a big Christmas update coming in the next part. The gingerbread men were kind of plushie ornaments if that makes sense. They were cute though.
Old 07-31-2012, 11:07 PM   #762
amandaw
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by petals View Post

I've a big Christmas update coming in the next part. The gingerbread men were kind of plushie ornaments if that makes sense. They were cute though.
Ooohhh....can't wait! I gotcha about the gingerbread men. They are so adorable! I love snowmen & gingerbread men stuff.
Old 08-01-2012, 08:26 AM   #763
petals

Quote:
Ooohhh....can't wait! I gotcha about the gingerbread men. They are so adorable! I love snowmen & gingerbread men stuff.
Yeah the gingerbread men were cute. I love all the Christmas stuff
Old 08-01-2012, 08:55 AM   #764
afwdwfan
DIS Dad #460
You should always make room for a loophole when you need it

Looks like I got a bit behind. I want to ask your opinion about the Macy's parade though. If you had 1 day to do both parks, is it worth the time to see the parade?
afwdwfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2012, 09:41 AM   #765
vleeth
I heart Disney

Loved the 'hidden mickey' at universal.

Looks like another great day. Can't wait to read more!
vleeth is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: