Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-03-2012, 07:08 PM   #61
Caretames1
Mom & Crazed Planner

Wouldn't you just like to do a tree like Disney does? I'm so not creative, but it would be cool to have that.
Wake Up! SURPRISE, We're going to Disney World....TODAY Sept 2011 TRhttp://www.disboards.com/showthread....9#post42811539
"Momma, I got to dance with Flynn Ryder!" Our January 2011 TR.http://www.disboards.com/showthread....1#post39775931
First Ever Trip to Disney World 1/23/2009 (POR) 6 days
Back to Disney World 1/21/2011 (POR) 10 days

Shhh! Suprise MNSSHP Trip 9/21/2011 (POP) 5 days
Surprise...AGAIN! 11/1/12 (AoA) 11 days
ME: Carey DH: John DD: Kadence (10) DD: Samantha (20)
Caretames1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2012, 05:50 PM   #62
petals
Irish Princess because Cinderella said so!

Quote:
Originally Posted by afwdwfan View Post
I know what you mean. I started writing up more of my TR in Word today and ended up with about 3 pages for not quite all of day 1. I'm going to have to do some edit work so that I don't bore everyone.
I'm just looking and Animal Kingdom was one of the days I prob took less pics so if that's like seven chapters long how long will the other days be Yay holding on to disney trip for lots of time to come

Quote:
uh oh... not the blue bus???
Ah you'll have to wait and see where that story came from! I might get it posted tomorrow though.

Quote:
Thanks for posting the pictures of the trees. We didn't get to spend a lot of time in Camp Minnie Mickey. That was something I was really looking forward to.
No bothers. I loved all the trees and xmas characters

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenseib View Post
I love those trees. I hope to someday see them!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Caretames1 View Post
Wouldn't you just like to do a tree like Disney does? I'm so not creative, but it would be cool to have that.
Those trees are amazing and the ones at the park entrances are just Huge! I so want a disney tree!
petals is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-06-2012, 12:00 PM   #63
petals

Visiting old friends and the white bus!

Day 2, part 7:

So while we were wandering Camp Minnie Mickey I decided to go off and visit some old friends. Momma won't do character pics so she went off to find a bench to rest on. I went along first to see the number one duck:

In line for Donald there was a little one and her nanny. She must have only been about three if even but when I got to the top of the line Donald had to go for a snack and this little one thought he was going home and tried to follow him. I let her go ahead of me when he came back and while she was waiting she amused herself with the buttons which were all disney characters on my crocs!
Of course each of the Camp Minnie Mickey characters had their own Christmas trees as well. This was Donald's:

Next up was Thumper. I was super excited about him because last year I saw Miss Bunny and Thumper but Thumper went in for carrots just before I went to meet them and only Miss Bunny came out so this year I got his furry self:

After Thumper I finally got my Santa Goofy picture I had been wanting all day:

The pictures from Santa Goofy seemed a bit weird to me because they are all off centre but what I didn't cop was there was a sleigh to the side of Santa Goofy. It's not really good in any of my pics so maybe photopass ones will be better whenever they arrive. Goofy of course had his Christmas tree as well:

One of the good things about going to Disney without kids is the ability to slow things down and not rush to rides and whatever and take in what is around us and this includes watching people and sometimes over-hearing conversations that you really don't want to be listening to. In line for Minnie Mouse was a prime example of this as the couple behind me were rowing. he had been naughty and had been texting his old girlfriend and she had been looking through his phone catching him at this. Bad argument to be having in Minnie line. For some reason I don't have the Minnie pic on photobucket but I do have her Christmas tree:

Also in the Minnie and Mickey lines they had these super cute bird houses in the trees which again I want one for my garden:

Of course I couldn't leave Camp Minnie Mickey without visiting the best Mouse in the World:

He had his own Christmas tree as well:

After that we went to Festival of the Lion King and were in the giraffe section:

Last time I went to FOTLK they took in Simba and Pumba at the end before the audience left but this time they left them out so people could take pics with them. Of course Happy snappy got pics:

One thing I did notice as well was the all the park hours had changed from what was on the time sheets the week before I went over. When I had been planning it said Animal Kingdom would be open until 7 but when we got there they said it was open until 8. So after the Lion King we were going to go to Finding Nemo but when we read the times the shows stopped at 6 and it was only really coasters that were on until park close. We stopped at Flame Tree Barbecue for some food before we decided to head back towards Epcot for our hotel bus. I was keeping all the receipts for trip report purposes really but later on when I was back at the hotel I noticed the Flame Tree Barbecue receipt had a voucher on the end. You could get 20% off your purchases if you bought them before 12 noon in Mouse Gear in Epcot, Mickey's of Hollywood or Keystone Clothier in DHS, Island Mercentile at Animal Kingdom, The Emporium in Magic Kingdom and World of Disney at DTD and it was up until January 2nd. I thought it was cool and kinda made us keep watching all our receipts from then on!
Anyway that was a side note before we left Animal Kingdom we went to Lost and found because we still had the autograph book from the parade time and we went along and explained to the CM where we had found it and he told us that the lady had come in looking for it and he had her details so could now get it sent to her hotel for her. We were super happy about that because the little one was so sweet sharing her toys with Momma.

When we got to Epcot it was about 7.30 and our bus wasn't until 9. We didn't really want to go into the park so we sat on a bench watching Beethoven's Christmas movie on my ipod while we were waiting. At one point we decided to move from the bench over to our bus stop. So our hotel had given us a letter saying our bus stop was at Lane C 21 great! So we went to find lane 21... yeah it doesn't exist anymore because now the lanes are 25-52! Eh where's our bus going to be?

So we were standing obviously looking a bit lost and confused because the security guard came over to ask us if we needed help and we told him about our bus and asked were lane 21 would be. He added up and figured it would probably be lane 45. He said he would check though because he had a folder in his office with all the hotel buses and what lane they would be in so he asked what hotel which we told him then he said and what colour is your bus. Momma went It was white! at the same time that I went Blue! and we got a confused look from the security guard. Momma kept going it was white I'm sure it was white. I was like eh nope it was navy blue and security guard eventually went yeah the bus for that hotel is normally blue!
He eventually confirmed that it was lane 45 and we did manage to get our big white-blue bus but from then on everytime I saw the bus coming I'd go joking Look Momma the big white Disney bus is coming! It's also where the title option "All aboard the big white bus for Nov/Dec trip report" came from!

And that was Day 2! The park crowds didn't really bother us for Black Friday and only wait time I noticed although we didn't go on it was Everest was 45 minute wait time.

Next up My Magical Happy place I am back!!!

Last edited by petals; 05-24-2012 at 08:25 PM.
Old 01-06-2012, 03:05 PM   #65
afwdwfan
DIS Dad #460
You should always make room for a loophole when you need it

It looks like you had a good time meeting the characters. I really wish we had made it that far before nap time...

I'm glad you were able to find the right bus so that you could get back to your hotel.

Those 20% coupons were nice to have. We noticed them and made use of them. Just shows you how much they mark everything up to begin with though.
afwdwfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2012, 03:49 PM   #66
petals

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenseib View Post
I love all the little trees. I hope someday to see them for myself
Good excuse to go! I want to get back to Disney asap

Quote:
It looks like you had a good time meeting the characters. I really wish we had made it that far before nap time...

I'm glad you were able to find the right bus so that you could get back to your hotel.

Those 20% coupons were nice to have. We noticed them and made use of them. Just shows you how much they mark everything up to begin with though.
I loved the characters in their Xmas outfits. When I went up to Minnie she was dancing to the Xmas music in the background they were really cute in the Xmas outfits though.

Bus was confusing but I thought it was funny with the white bus!

I loved those vouchers we saved so much and could then buy so much more
Old 01-06-2012, 05:24 PM   #67
archdandy
DIS Veteran

I loved all the different tree's at AK! I wish I could have been there for Christmas! I can't wait to read the rest of your trip.

October 2013 Port Orleans Resort
May 2013 Animal Kingdom Kidani
October 2012 Art of Animation
January 2012 Port Orleans Resort
June 2011 Coronado Springs
September 2010 All Star Sports
archdandy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2012, 08:22 PM   #68
petals

Quote:
Originally Posted by archdandy View Post
I loved all the different tree's at AK! I wish I could have been there for Christmas! I can't wait to read the rest of your trip.
There's loads more to come I just put the Day 3 pics back on the computer to edit them and so far there's 187 but I know there's few on the video camera I need to grab for the story as well and yeah Everyone should visit Disney at Christmas time it's just amazing!
Old 01-06-2012, 08:28 PM   #69
Caretames1
Mom & Crazed Planner

That would have been so neat to have the chance to photgraph the FOTLK floats after the show!

And people arguing in line to so dumb! Go home and fight, I'm here to enjoy my day!
Wake Up! SURPRISE, We're going to Disney World....TODAY Sept 2011 TRhttp://www.disboards.com/showthread....9#post42811539
"Momma, I got to dance with Flynn Ryder!" Our January 2011 TR.http://www.disboards.com/showthread....1#post39775931
First Ever Trip to Disney World 1/23/2009 (POR) 6 days
Back to Disney World 1/21/2011 (POR) 10 days

Shhh! Suprise MNSSHP Trip 9/21/2011 (POP) 5 days
Surprise...AGAIN! 11/1/12 (AoA) 11 days
ME: Carey DH: John DD: Kadence (10) DD: Samantha (20)
Caretames1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2012, 05:05 PM   #70
petals

Quote:
That would have been so neat to have the chance to photgraph the FOTLK floats after the show!
I know I've never seen them leave them out like that before. Was totally cool!

Quote:
And people arguing in line to so dumb! Go home and fight, I'm here to enjoy my day!
Defo there should be rule no arguing in character line!
The Lady did tell her other half she was done with the trip and wanted to go home now but like hello xmas minnie is in front of you smile and be happy
Old 01-07-2012, 08:39 PM   #71
amandaw
DIS Veteran

Joining in to hear about your Disney adventure!

Great start so far!
amandaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2012, 06:34 PM   #72
petals

Quote:
Originally Posted by amandaw View Post
Joining in to hear about your Disney adventure!

Great start so far!
Welcome and Thank you.

There'll be more soon I'm not sure when though. I'm waitinf for photopass to arrive to start my dvd making of the holiday and I'll have more pics from the video then no doubt
Tomorrow I go back to college though so life is back to busy. Have two essays to do which </start rant> I really don't see why they are part of our course considering our course is Radio and Television production and in Radio and Television all scripts are kept as short as possible so I'll never be writing 3000 word essays and wonder what i'm gaining by doing them for the course </end rant> And I'm back to dancing soon
Old 01-08-2012, 09:09 PM   #73
amandaw
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by petals View Post
Welcome and Thank you.

There'll be more soon I'm not sure when though. I'm waitinf for photopass to arrive to start my dvd making of the holiday and I'll have more pics from the video then no doubt
Tomorrow I go back to college though so life is back to busy. Have two essays to do which </start rant> I really don't see why they are part of our course considering our course is Radio and Television production and in Radio and Television all scripts are kept as short as possible so I'll never be writing 3000 word essays and wonder what i'm gaining by doing them for the course </end rant> And I'm back to dancing soon
Don't you just hate it when real life gets in the way of DIS fun? I know I do! And I don't blame you one bit about your rant! I'd feel the same way about a 3000 word essay. Best of luck with it!
amandaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2012, 04:04 PM   #74
petals

Quote:
Originally Posted by amandaw View Post
Don't you just hate it when real life gets in the way of DIS fun? I know I do! And I don't blame you one bit about your rant! I'd feel the same way about a 3000 word essay. Best of luck with it!
I just think they're pointless considering the idea of the course is to train us for the radio and television industry and nowhere in that industry will I have to write a 3000 word essay!
Old 01-12-2012, 03:53 PM   #75
petals

This week has been zzzzzz! It's been so hard to get back into things and I'm pretty sure I've missed morning train all but one morning January is a crappy time for our family anyway as we have family anniversary's in January. It's my dad's anniversary today! I was also having chest pains and I've so far written 100 words of my first 3000 word essay but whatever! What I did do was more important because I edited pics for another update... see next post. One good thing my lecturer is unknownly incouraging my photo addiction He said we should take photos of everything we do and have camera with us at all times (like I need incouragement) My class couldn't get over the 3000 pics and think I'm obsessed and couldn't believe I wouldn't be the only adult as crazy into disney and queuing for characters as me!

I still don't have photopass cd

and I still can't get my Magic in the streets cd to play in my computer

Last edited by petals; 01-12-2012 at 03:59 PM.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: