Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-19-2011, 04:23 PM   #16
GoofyIsAsGoofyDoes
DDC 469
Never mind the Kool-Aid, donít drink the Beverly!
If itís still here tomorrowÖ I may ignore it again

Mind if I follow along?

I do hope you get to feeling better pretty quick. Iíve been ill while traveling in the Orlando area before, and despite all the entertainment to be had, it just ainít as much fun.
GoofyIsAsGoofyDoes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2011, 05:35 PM   #17
petals
Irish Princess because Cinderella said so!

Quote:
Originally Posted by afwdwfan View Post
I'm here!

Great start... sorry you were still not feeling very well for the flight. That had to have been a miserable 9 hours to be stuck on a plane while you're feeling under the weather. At least you ened up in Orlando at the end of the 9 hours though.

Great move stealing your seat back when the kid got up.
Welcome. The flight wasn't bad i kind of perked up alittle after I ate but I couldn't sleep at all. I didn't mind to much though because I was headed for Mickey's house!

Yeah I actually forgot to say on the report there but when I was getting my bags in Orlando same kid that stole my seat and his family kind of gathered around me as I was trying to get me suitcases I think there was about 15 of them in total

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoofyIsAsGoofyDoes View Post
Mind if I follow along?

I do hope you get to feeling better pretty quick. I’ve been ill while traveling in the Orlando area before, and despite all the entertainment to be had, it just ain’t as much fun.
Welcome
I don't think I'd mind being sick in Disney to much though. Once I can be in Mickey's house i'm happy

Last edited by petals; 01-02-2012 at 08:14 PM.
petals is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 12-19-2011, 06:21 PM   #18
momabaarjo
In Pursuit of Cupcakes, Booze, & PHM

How miserable you must have been on that flight.... but knowing how much this trip has meant to you...your first sighting of Mickey made all better.

We are actually flying out of a new terminal too...really looking forward to seeing the renovation completed because it has made flying out a headache the last couple of years....funny thing is it only has 5 gates...

I so loved the picture of Ireland from the plane...it is on my bucket list to hike those green hills someday!

Great about a Disney movie in flight...I checked our flight movies today and Harry Potter 7.2 is playing...I know what we are watching!

Love the lucky charms...perfect and fitting for you!

Sorry about the little toot who took your seat....they surrounded you at baggage...I am getting pretty bold lately and am saying things to rude people...tired of being the nice guy!
momabaarjo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2011, 06:56 AM   #19
blessedmom4
WE BELIEVE IN MIRACLES! ~~Nearly twice as many children die from Congenital Heart Defects in the U.S. each year as die from all forms of childhood cancers combined.

Location: I am not religious, I have a relationship with God.

for the tough flight!

blessedmom4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2011, 09:31 AM   #20
Caretames1
Mom & Crazed Planner

I think I would have been stir crazy on a 9 hour flight! Especially if I wasn't feeling well. Then to throw 2 hours on top of that still at the airport! I would have crashed in the hotel lobby

Angel is very cute and her shoes are sweet!
Wake Up! SURPRISE, We're going to Disney World....TODAY Sept 2011 TRhttp://www.disboards.com/showthread....9#post42811539
"Momma, I got to dance with Flynn Ryder!" Our January 2011 TR.http://www.disboards.com/showthread....1#post39775931
First Ever Trip to Disney World 1/23/2009 (POR) 6 days
Back to Disney World 1/21/2011 (POR) 10 days

Shhh! Suprise MNSSHP Trip 9/21/2011 (POP) 5 days
Surprise...AGAIN! 11/1/12 (AoA) 11 days
ME: Carey DH: John DD: Kadence (10) DD: Samantha (20)
Caretames1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2011, 05:48 PM   #21
petals

Quote:
Originally Posted by momabaarjo View Post
How miserable you must have been on that flight.... but knowing how much this trip has meant to you...your first sighting of Mickey made all better.

We are actually flying out of a new terminal too...really looking forward to seeing the renovation completed because it has made flying out a headache the last couple of years....funny thing is it only has 5 gates...

I so loved the picture of Ireland from the plane...it is on my bucket list to hike those green hills someday!

Great about a Disney movie in flight...I checked our flight movies today and Harry Potter 7.2 is playing...I know what we are watching!

Love the lucky charms...perfect and fitting for you!

Sorry about the little toot who took your seat....they surrounded you at baggage...I am getting pretty bold lately and am saying things to rude people...tired of being the nice guy!
After the food I kind of felt better until the landing part so it wasn't to bad on the flight.

Ireland is nice but it's cold and wet most of the time!

it said Harry potter was meant to be on our flight going back but it wasn't.

Those lucky charms I love them. They used to sell them in Ireland years ago but for some reason don't any more so when I go to America I'm like first stop Lucky Charms time I was going to bring a box home with me but they were like 5 dollars in walmart and it was to much out of my disney money

Yeah that annoyed me when they were surrounding me so I fully planned on accidentally on purpose hitting them with me cases to teach them not to stand so close but they moved to opposite side before my cases came out

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caretames1 View Post
I think I would have been stir crazy on a 9 hour flight! Especially if I wasn't feeling well. Then to throw 2 hours on top of that still at the airport! I would have crashed in the hotel lobby

Angel is very cute and her shoes are sweet!
Flight passed pretty quickly so it wasn't to bad. I was very eager to get to Mickey's house I think we got food and went straight to bed though when we got there.

Angel got many compliments around the airport and on the plane that day and in various other places during the trip!
Old 12-21-2011, 05:48 PM   #22
petals

Quote:
Originally Posted by blessedmom4 View Post
for the tough flight!

Love the picture
Old 12-21-2011, 06:25 PM   #23
momabaarjo
In Pursuit of Cupcakes, Booze, & PHM

A little passive agressive are we....I probably would have done the same thing too with my suitcases!
momabaarjo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2011, 06:59 PM   #24
jenseib
Mommy to Claire

oh my , how awful to be sick when flying. I can barely stand the 2 1/2 hour flights I have to Orlando. We have talked of going to DL, but the flight scares me.
jenseib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2011, 08:22 PM   #25
petals

Quote:
Originally Posted by momabaarjo View Post
A little passive agressive are we....I probably would have done the same thing too with my suitcases!
Who me? I reckon when they stand that close when I'm trying to get my case they deserve to get hit

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenseib View Post
oh my , how awful to be sick when flying. I can barely stand the 2 1/2 hour flights I have to Orlando. We have talked of going to DL, but the flight scares me.
I think it's worth it when you get there though. How long is flight to DL?
Old 12-22-2011, 08:25 PM   #26
jenseib
Mommy to Claire

Quote:
Originally Posted by petals View Post
Who me? I reckon when they stand that close when I'm trying to get my case they deserve to get hit

I think it's worth it when you get there though. How long is flight to DL?
There isn't many directs, but most look around 6 or 7 I think. It's been awhile since I looked. But then with an hour or two stop over
Old 12-23-2011, 08:26 PM   #27
petals

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenseib View Post
There isn't many directs, but most look around 6 or 7 I think. It's been awhile since I looked. But then with an hour or two stop over
Stop overs are worse because it ends up taking all day between stop overs and waiting around and long flights! it's still worth it when you get to Mickey's house though
Old 12-23-2011, 10:19 PM   #28
lovethattink
DIS Veteran

That's a long flight! I saw the motel you stayed at. It's very close to Universal. Did you walk there? That street (Kirkman) is crazy busy to get to the parking garage.

Sorry you were sick for the flight.
lovethattink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2011, 07:53 AM   #29
Caretames1
Mom & Crazed Planner

Wake Up! SURPRISE, We're going to Disney World....TODAY Sept 2011 TRhttp://www.disboards.com/showthread....9#post42811539
"Momma, I got to dance with Flynn Ryder!" Our January 2011 TR.http://www.disboards.com/showthread....1#post39775931
First Ever Trip to Disney World 1/23/2009 (POR) 6 days
Back to Disney World 1/21/2011 (POR) 10 days

Shhh! Suprise MNSSHP Trip 9/21/2011 (POP) 5 days
Surprise...AGAIN! 11/1/12 (AoA) 11 days
ME: Carey DH: John DD: Kadence (10) DD: Samantha (20)
Caretames1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2011, 09:03 PM   #30
jenseib
Mommy to Claire

Quote:
Originally Posted by petals View Post
Stop overs are worse because it ends up taking all day between stop overs and waiting around and long flights! it's still worth it when you get to Mickey's house though
I was wrong. My friend from California is in town this week and I asked her. From here it's 5 hours and coming back it's like 4 1/2. Still a long flight though.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: