Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-29-2012, 11:54 PM   #151
petals
Irish Princess because Cinderella said so!

I thought that was only for MVMCP!

I should be in bed but was editing day 4 and 5 pics instead Disney is better than sleep anyway. I thought I might squeeze one more trip update in before I get into the essay tomorrow!

Day 3, part 9:
So after gazing at the most magical castle in the world for a while we headed over to Tomorrowland although I continued to crane my neck as far as I could because I just couldn't take my eyes off that amazing castle. We stopped along the way to take pics of these guys:

I went to trade a vinlymation and noticed this dude popping out of the ceiling:

Then I thought this event was meant to be for Mickey's Very Merry Christmas party only but this was Saturday after Thanksgiving and The Tomorrowland Christmas show was on so we went to watch:

The singer was overly perky like dipped in sugar fake perky but I liked the characters especially Stitch! My favourite quote from the show "Santa is big snitch who breaks into peoples houses and spies on children." I was taking video of the show as well as pictures and we had my bros video camera with us and apparently it had decided to lie to us because we had been using it on and off during the day but it said all during the show that it had a full battery so I kept taping but then just at the last song it died completely. How can it be full one minute and completely dead next. I was sad because I wanted to tape fireworks and MSEP and Magic Memories and you and from pre-planning the trip this would be the only chance to get MSEP and Wishes on tape this trip. At that point I was so disappointed and Momma's feet were getting so tired we started to talk about leaving earlier than planned!
While deciding we went to the laugh floor. I love that show it's so funny and I love how they pick on random audience members although I always pray it's not me lol:

After the laugh floor Momma wanted some tea (note we hadn't eaten anything since Crystal Palace at lunch time) so we went to Tomorrowland Terrace Restaurant for something quick to eat while we tried to decide whether to leave or not. I don't remember if Momma got anything other than tea but I got a childs chicken nugget meal. I had started eating before I remembered to take a picture:

There was a cookie with it as well:

We decided to do one more "new" attraction before we made our decision. We wanted to go on the Peoplemover but it had a break down while we were waiting so we hopped out of the line and went to Carousel of Progress instead because we'd never seen that before either:

It was kinda cute but there was a group of teenagers in the back talking and laughing loudly jeering what was being said basically which was kind of disturbing for anyone else trying to watch and listen to what was going on.
After that we headed back towards main street and I took one more pic on the way:

Next up will we stay or will we go?

Last edited by petals; 01-30-2012 at 12:11 AM.
petals is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2012, 09:01 AM   #152
afwdwfan
DIS Dad #460
You should always make room for a loophole when you need it

I always love seeing the castle, but especially with the lights. It really is just an incredible sight the way they make that ice effect with all those lights on it.

It looks like you're having a lot of fun, and I'm glad you got to do Carousel of Progress for the first time. I always make time to see it, just because it has been there since the first time I went and it is one of those attractions with Walt's fingerprints all over it. It isn't anything extra special or exciting, but it just "is" Disney.

I'm sorry your momma's feet were getting sore. I hope you didn't have to leave early, but it might be for the best. You wouldn't want to miss things later in the week because she pushed it too far and suffered the rest of the trip.
afwdwfan is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-30-2012, 09:36 AM   #153
lovethattink
DIS Veteran

OOOOHHHH!! Another thing we missed. I didn't know there was a Tomorrowland Christmas show. So glad to catch it in your TR. I think the quote you said, would make my little guy scared of Santa. So maybe it's good we didn't see it.
lovethattink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2012, 10:41 AM   #154
amandaw
DIS Veteran

I love the Carousel of Progress! It may be old & not very high tech....but it's just a sentimental favorite of mine! I think I'm going to introduce Reid to it this December. I haven't done it on our last 2 trips & I miss it!

Sounds like y'all were having a good night! Although, that is very frustrating about the video camera.

Can't wait to hear how late y'all ended up making it!
amandaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2012, 02:21 PM   #155
petals

Finally got on dis it was telling me server busy for the last few hours I'm taking a study/work break though. I'm up to 2200 words on the first essay only another 800 to go and starting to try edit radio programmes as well!

Quote:
Originally Posted by afwdwfan View Post
I always love seeing the castle, but especially with the lights. It really is just an incredible sight the way they make that ice effect with all those lights on it.
I know it was so pretty I couldn't take my eyes off it.

Quote:
It looks like you're having a lot of fun, and I'm glad you got to do Carousel of Progress for the first time. I always make time to see it, just because it has been there since the first time I went and it is one of those attractions with Walt's fingerprints all over it. It isn't anything extra special or exciting, but it just "is" Disney.
Magic Kingdom was a long day but we did get quite alot done and I loved it. I love the Disney parks because in my head I leave everything outside those park walls and it's just total happy fantasy except for people plowing through you but you know what I mean Carousel of Progress was good. It was different and tamer than alot of the crazy rides. I liked how the dog was in every scene as well he was cute.

Quote:
I'm sorry your momma's feet were getting sore. I hope you didn't have to leave early, but it might be for the best. You wouldn't want to miss things later in the week because she pushed it too far and suffered the rest of the trip.
We were already discussing if we were going to be able to change the schedule in anyway so all will be revealled soon as to what we did.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovethattink View Post
OOOOHHHH!! Another thing we missed. I didn't know there was a Tomorrowland Christmas show. So glad to catch it in your TR. I think the quote you said, would make my little guy scared of Santa. So maybe it's good we didn't see it.
Ah that was just Stitch's take on things and Stitch is cute. I wasn't expecting the Christmas show to be on that day because I really thought it was only for MVMCP. Maybe it was only on that weekend because it was Thanksgiving weekend I'm not sure if it was on the following Saturday as well in the park.

Quote:
Originally Posted by amandaw View Post
I love the Carousel of Progress! It may be old & not very high tech....but it's just a sentimental favorite of mine! I think I'm going to introduce Reid to it this December. I haven't done it on our last 2 trips & I miss it!
Carousel of Progress is nice though. I like the simple things better than the crazy things like Tower of Terror in the parks

Quote:
Sounds like y'all were having a good night! Although, that is very frustrating about the video camera.
I was so disappointed with the camera because I had everything planned out so well in order to fit everything in and that was just the first thing that started to derail my plans a bit. The camera was already acting up and i think all six tapes got caught in it at one stage as well so dunno how much footage i lost there as well.

Quote:
Can't wait to hear how late y'all ended up making it!
All will be revealled soon
Old 01-30-2012, 10:32 PM   #156
Caretames1
Mom & Crazed Planner

Awww, that's too bad the camera died. I would have been so upset! John tapes what we do almost all day. Kadence sits here and watches the trips movies over and over. I love knowing that if I want, I can watch Wishes or any of the parades whenever I want!
Wake Up! SURPRISE, We're going to Disney World....TODAY Sept 2011 TRhttp://www.disboards.com/showthread....9#post42811539
"Momma, I got to dance with Flynn Ryder!" Our January 2011 TR.http://www.disboards.com/showthread....1#post39775931
First Ever Trip to Disney World 1/23/2009 (POR) 6 days
Back to Disney World 1/21/2011 (POR) 10 days

Shhh! Suprise MNSSHP Trip 9/21/2011 (POP) 5 days
Surprise...AGAIN! 11/1/12 (AoA) 11 days
ME: Carey DH: John DD: Kadence (10) DD: Samantha (20)
Caretames1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2012, 12:39 PM   #157
petals

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caretames1 View Post
Awww, that's too bad the camera died. I would have been so upset! John tapes what we do almost all day. Kadence sits here and watches the trips movies over and over. I love knowing that if I want, I can watch Wishes or any of the parades whenever I want!
I was really upset. I normally tape the shows and parades and some of the rides depending and then I make dvd's of the trip with the pictures and videos. Hence the waiting impatiently for photopass I'm dying to get at the dvd and start it but I could only do the first two video bits because then I need to put the photopass pics in and they're not here yet It is brill being able to watch them whenever and I love having the moments like us dancing in Magic Kingdom and Citywalk on tape forever
Old 01-31-2012, 06:07 PM   #158
jenseib
Mommy to Claire

bummer about the video tape. Sometimes my camera does that too. I'll take it somewhere in it dies right away. Luckily I usually have a spare.
I guess it's time for me to go make supper as those nuggets loked tasty and made my tummy growl
jenseib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2012, 08:19 PM   #159
MEK
DIS Veteran

I hear ya on the snap happy with the pictures. I tend to do the same thing at times, although I think you have me beat with 3000 pictures vs my 1800.

The Christmas party looks like a lot of fun!

The Empty Nester's Magical Mystery Tour I Told You Driving Was Bad for Your Health

Sorry Gaston, They are MUCH More Interesting than You!
Will You Chill Out if I Sprinkle You With Pixie Dust?

Remembering 9/11:MEK Original
Why Not Just Queue Up Another Disney Trip?
How Do You Think We Stay So Happy?
Inching My Way Closer to the Castle Sept 10 TR
Wheeling & Dealing at the WL May '10 TR
Play'in It at Pop Sept 09 Anniversary Trip
JUNE 09 TR...KICK'N IT AT KIDANI DH & I do Disney Solo! DEC 2008 June 2008 tripreport
My Trips 2002-Offsite 2003-POR 2004-Royal Pacific/Daytona Bch 2005-CBR 2006-Pop, SSR 2007-ASM 2008-Pop, Vero Bch/SSR, POFQ/SSR 2009-Kidani/CSR, Pop 2010- VWL, BLT 2011-POR/BCV, Disney's HHI Resort, OKW2012-Treehouse villa/BWV, VWL/BWV 2013-HHI, Secret off site location;BWV/AKL 2014- Tampa, ASSp/BCV, OKW
MEK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2012, 09:01 PM   #160
petals

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenseib View Post
bummer about the video tape. Sometimes my camera does that too. I'll take it somewhere in it dies right away. Luckily I usually have a spare.
I guess it's time for me to go make supper as those nuggets loked tasty and made my tummy growl
The picture cameras I was sorted for this trip I had three and a spare card just in case it was the video camera that I nearly through in the pool several times as I shouted profanities at it and cried over it

I wish i was back in Disney eating those nuggets.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MEK View Post
I hear ya on the snap happy with the pictures. I tend to do the same thing at times, although I think you have me beat with 3000 pictures vs my 1800.

The Christmas party looks like a lot of fun!
I like my pictures lol. Momma thinks I'm crazy taking so many but I don't care

That wasn't the Christmas party it was just on at the weekend in Magic Kingdom when we were there. I thought that show was only meant to be on for the Christmas Party though.
Old 01-31-2012, 09:29 PM   #161
petals

Will we stay or will we go?

Okie two days ago I had loads of work to try catch up on but spent last night editing one show and then college cancelled lectures today so spent all of today editing the rest of what I had for the second show now waiting on whatever was recorded tonight to be sent my way. Did I mention I do work experience in a radio station and that's what all that is for. College wise I have two essays due both with pretty much exactly the same subject but worded differently in the question. One essay is 3000 words the other one is 2500 but I finished the 3000 words of drivel one only have to type it now and will try do the other one tomorrow since it's pretty much the same as the first one. Soooooooooo to celebrate I can do another update yay! (I just can't stay away )

Day 3, Part 10:

So firstly I forgot to mention in the last part when we went for food at Tomorrowland Terrace Restaurant. In the Restaurants I'm never sure whether they'd serve me a kids meal since they're for guests under ten or whatever so usually I tell Momma what I want, give her monies and she goes up and orders the food for both of us while I go off and find a seat for us. So we did all that and I was sitting at a nice table near the wall gazing at the pretty castle and a CM came up and went sorry but you can't sit here. I was kinda like sorry what? She went if you don't have food you can't sit down. So I was like oh yeah no worries my Momma is getting the food now she's in the queue you see that lady there (pointing at Momma) see she's just getting the tray now. Cm says sorry but you'll have to get up and wait outside the seating area until she has brought the food over or my boss will give out to me. Confused much I was too but I decided not to keep up a conversation that was hurting my head it confused me so much so I got up and went over to walk my mother to the seating area since she had the tray at that point!!!

Anyways back to the moment when I left off we were heading towards main street debating on whether we would be able to come back another night to tape the parade and fireworks since the video camera had gone dead. I had done the schedule of where we needed to go everyday in order to see everything or as much as we could and I wasn't sure that we would have another chance to see Wishes and the Parade. Certainly if we were to come back we would have to give up seeing or doing something else so we decided to stay just in case. We got a place on an extremely crowded hub (the park just seemed to get busier and busier as the night went on) and then we just waited. I took pics of the castle to amuse myself it was just so pretty:

Then the Magic, Memories and You started. We'd never seen this before and it looks so much better in Real life than on the You tube videos. My camera didn't really take good pics of it from where we were:

Momma said she thought she saw us on one side of the castle at one point as well but I didn't see it.
Next was wishes and I just love this show everytime that cute little starlight star bright song starts I want to cry I just love it so much. Again the pics aren't wonderful but whatever:

In the middle of wishes though we had a surprise because is it a bird is it a plane no... Tinkerbell flew out of the castle and down towards Tomorrowland. Again was not expecting that so I'd share the picture but it was pretty much a green streak in the sky as I was not prepared for it Again I think this was a special happening for the weekend after Thanksgiving Anyways back to the wishes pics my fave part is when the castle has the stars on from Sorcerors Apprentice:

Then they went and turned the sparkly lights back on and just made it even prettier:

and big finale:

Next Parade was at 11 so we decided to wait it out since the hub was clearing a bit after wishes and we managed to get a curb to sit on. I watched more of Beethoven on my ipod while I waited and I seem to remember Momma got 40 winks leaning on my shoulder I also took more pics of the pretty castle:

It was a little silly with the timing of Magic, Memories and You because if you wanted to get a place for Wishes at 10 you ended up seeing the 9.45 MMAY and then if you waited for the second parade which was at 11 you saw MMAY a second time at 10.35. The pic didn't get any better the second time:

and I just noticed all those pictures are castle pics love it

Next up it's all about where you sit.

Last edited by petals; 01-31-2012 at 09:41 PM.
Old 01-31-2012, 09:30 PM   #162
jenseib
Mommy to Claire

Tinker bell is a regular. She (or sometimes it's a he) does it every night as long as the winds are good.
I don't think I have seen her though as we usually don't stop to stand for wishes. I think we did it once and were off toe the side where we couldn't see well.

That CM sounds like a witch...with a capital B.
jenseib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2012, 10:15 PM   #163
amandaw
DIS Veteran

That's frustrating about the CM @ Tomorrowland Terrace. I had the same thing happen to us at Pinocchio Village Haus.

Those are such pretty pics of the castle! I always love looking at the castle but it looks especially magical during Christmas, doesn't it?
amandaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2012, 03:11 AM   #164
momabaarjo
In Pursuit of Cupcakes, Booze, & PHM

I think I had the same problem as you and food...forgetting to take a picture before I started eating. I never really got my family to buy into the idea of taking pictures of food...they looked at me like I was crazy! Sorry about the seating thing and the CM. I don't understand why it is such an issue about holding a table when you can see the person in line.

Loving all your pictures of the castle...I have to say I must have taken hundreds between the castle and wishes! Tink does fly most nights...depending on the weather. I learned that when I researched my first trip a couple of years ago! Too cool...I would hate to have her job!
momabaarjo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2012, 09:25 AM   #165
afwdwfan
DIS Dad #460
You should always make room for a loophole when you need it

I always love Wishes. I'm glad you got to see it... and Tink.

I'm sorry the CM tried to move you. I've been hearing that they do that once in a while at some quick service places when it is busy though.
afwdwfan is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: