Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disneyland > California & the West
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-12-2011, 09:05 PM   #1
KCSunshine60
Mouseketeer

SeaWorld Passes & Christmas Crowds

Hi - My son swims for UCSD and I'm going down this weekend for his last meet before break and then we are traveling back together for Christmas.

We are going to stay in San Diego Monday - Wednesday and thought it would be fun to go to SeaWorld on Tuesday.

My first question is about crowds and what we should expect.

The other question is about the passes. I thought I'd buy him a 2 year pass so he can use it to go back while he is there. The Platinum pass includes reserved spots for the shows. How big of a perk is that? Will it make much of a difference for the shows - particularly at Christmas?

Thanks!
KC
KCSunshine60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2011, 03:58 PM   #2
Huff
DIS Veteran

Christmas time is moderate crowds, not bad at all. On crowded days we just grab a snack and get to each show early and get a seat. Typically that means arriving about 20-30 minutes before show time. The exception is for the sea lion show. The show actually starts 15 minutes prior to that posted. This is because they do a pre-show thats quite funny and leads into the actual show. So subtract 15 minutes from posted sea lion show time and plan accordingly.

We've never paid extra for the platinum pass. I suppose on crowded days it may make it easier so that you can arrive 5 minutes before show and get a seat. However, I believe at the Dolphin show these seats are all the way up top. Not a bad view from there but if you like up front then this won't work. Shamu show the reserved are center stage just above the wet zone so very good.
2007 POP
2008 POP
2010 POP
2011 POP
2012 POP
2014 POP
Huff is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: