Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-13-2012, 09:05 PM   #106
mickeysmyboy

DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisMomAmy View Post
I often wonder what's wrong with people. Eating the GF gingerbread house! Crazy!

The resort pictures are beautiful!!
I know!!!! Crazy, dumb people! Grrr!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenjolt View Post
HOLY COW They ate a piece off of the gingerbread house...really?!?!? That is just nutz!!

Sorry you had to deal with the horribly annoying family!!!

However what beautiful pictures of the resorts!!!! Thank you for sharing!
They were ridiculous!! What the heck is wrong with people!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pooh'smate View Post
Wow that family!!! It is amazing how little respect people have for others and things these days. I loved all your pictures, they made me feel like I was there.
Grrrrr!! I just don't get it!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mndisneygirl View Post
Boy, they're really letting in just any old riff raff these days! Eating a piece of a display? I would not have been able to keep quiet. I imagine my kids would have said something loud enough for them to hear too!! I can see why you would want to get away from them.
You are so right!!!!! I had a really hard time not saying anything. Honestly, Sometimes I think I lack the filter that people are supposed to have to keep them from saying things that they shouldn't. If I had said something it may not have ended well!

Quote:
Originally Posted by wigdoutdismom View Post
I just found this, so heading back to read!!!!
Welcome Anita!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2xcited2sleep View Post
What a fun "no parks" day! I did a monorail tour for the first time last year and had a blast. Hoping we can do a tour in May, perhaps. Oy to that family. WHO lets their kid break off a piece to see if it is real???? . I get wondering if it is real but to destroy someone's hard work?? That is just awful! And those " poor" Disney CMs who have to keep a smile on their faces at all times. Must be tough when you see stuff like this!
It was a fun day!! I definitely hope we can do it in May! I didn't get a Lapu Lapu! It was too early and the bar wasn't open!

I truly think that parents and kids like those people are a lot of what's wrong with people today! NO RESPECT!

I'd get so burnt out working with rude people at WDW!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TanzUnited99 View Post
Yay on touring the monorail resorts and taking pretty pictures of all the Christmas decorations!! They all look so pretty!

Having seen a recent programme about the making of the Gingerbread House and how it is put together it's nice to see a shot of the finished product.

Ugh at the annoying family and the way they were behaving - it sure is surprising how some moms act to what their children are doing.
The gingerbread house is so beautiful!!

That family was ridiculous! I can't understand what the heck is wrong with people!

Quote:
Originally Posted by KatMark View Post
Melissa, I love the pictures of all the decorations at the three monorail resorts -- beautiful.

What was that couple doing inside the rope?

Sounds like your meal was a success at the GF Cafe.
Thanks! I loved all the decorations!! It really gave me the holiday feel!

Grrr! I know!

Lunch was pretty good! It definitely someplace I would go again!

[QUOTE=manntra;43724952]
Quote:
Originally Posted by eandesmom View Post
I want folks like that to get caught, yelled at and yeah, maybe get sick from the Gingerbread. I do console myself with what comes around goes around...it really does.
/QUOTE]

What is wrong with people?!! Ha you should have asked her if she needed to go ahead of you but with your luck she would have bumped into you and hit your phone I hope he got sick too. I am a freak about washing my hands and I couldn't imagine how many little paws had touched the house

Might just have to do another monorail tour in May with a stop at the Poly for a lapu lapu.

Tracy
I just don't understand what's wrong with people!!!

You're right!!!! With my luck it would have ended badly if I said something!!

I truly hope he ended up sick from it!! Just thinking about it makes me a little queasy!! GROSS!!!

We definitely need a monorail tour it may!! I didn't get a lapu lapu in December!!
Old 01-14-2012, 09:22 PM   #107
tinacaplan
DIS Veteran

The monorail resorts are absolutely beautiful, particularly all decked out for the holidays. Love the Mary Blair themed decorations at the Contemporary, too!
AofA - 2012
SSR - 2012
OKW - 2012

|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-26-2012, 05:28 PM   #108
mickeysmyboy

DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinacaplan View Post
The monorail resorts are absolutely beautiful, particularly all decked out for the holidays. Love the Mary Blair themed decorations at the Contemporary, too!
I loved all the decorations sooo much! It truly felt like christmas! I thought the Mary Blair decorations were adorable too!
Old 01-27-2012, 10:38 AM   #109
mickeysmyboy

DIS Veteran

Huge news!

Sorry I've haven't been around lately!! Too darn much going on!

Now on with my update! Those of you on the dis page on FB already know about this but I have to share with everyone!!!!

A few weeks ago I got an email from the owner of my travel agency letting me know that she had put my name on a list requesting I be invited to the christening of the Fantasy! She told me that the christening would be happening in NYC and she figured sheíd put me down because I live relatively nearby. She thought the invitations would be going out the next day. So I waited with baited breath the next day but got nothing came! Boo!! Having received nothing, I kinda forgot about it!

That was until last Friday when I was going about my daily business and picked up my phone, like I do throughout the day, to see if I got any important emails or anything. There was one there from Disney Special Events! I nearly jumped out of my skin!!

It was an invite to the christening of the Fantasy!!! I immediately headed for my laptop and opened the full size invite!!!

The evening of March 1st DH and I will be in NYC for the christening! The details are few at this point. The invitation said it will be an unforgettable evening of enchantment and elegance showcasing the new ship, including the incredible cuisine and entertainment.

I was contacted yesterday by one of the event coordinators letting me know that my RSVP was received and more information would follow!!

I canít even begin to tell you how excited I am to be attending this event!! I canít even believe that I was actually invited!!! Jennifer Hudson sang at the christening of the Dream!! I canít wait to see whats in store for the Fantasy!!!! Every time I think about it my heart jumps with excitement!! Iím completely freaking out with excitement!

Of course, being me, I persuaded DH to 2 nights in NYC! We will be headed to NYC on the 1st via a luxury bus services that is in our area to take people back and forth to NYC. Will be spending 2 nights at the Marriott Marquis in Times Square! The night of the 2nd we will be going to see Mary Poppins on Broadway!! We have a few other things planned, including a trip to the 9/11 memorial, shopping and site seeing!!! Iím also hopeful to get to meet up with brookelizabeth at some point!

I can't even begin to tell you how excited I am!!

Last edited by mickeysmyboy; 01-27-2012 at 10:45 AM.
Old 01-27-2012, 10:58 AM   #110
manntra
DIS Veteran

I am sooooooooooooo excited for you and your rockstar invitation!!!! You are going to be grinning from ear to ear until March!!! The food, the entertainment!!! Everything will be top notch!! Not to mention your fabulous weekend you will have with your husband!!

Tracy
Old 01-27-2012, 11:06 AM   #111
oopsiDAISY
DIS Veteran

This is going to be one of those "once in a lifetime" opportunities for you...CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!
Old 01-27-2012, 11:24 AM   #112
Mndisneygirl
DIS Veteran

That is SO COOL!!! What a fun time you'll have!

I'm dying to know who the godmother will be! Have you heard any rumors?
Old 01-27-2012, 12:22 PM   #114
Grumpy's Wife
Dollar Tree gal here
sissy fluffed, sissy fluffed!
Someone needs to pretend we've got a clue
Chocolate is a girls heaven

Sounds like so much fun. I can't wait to hear all about it and see all the pictures I'm sure you are going to take. Have fun.

Old 01-27-2012, 12:27 PM   #115
marDgreen88
DIS Veteran

OH WOW! That is so exciting! I watched a live podcast of the Dream christening and it was so beautiful and exciting, I can't even imagine being there in person! I bet yall will have an amazing time!
Old 01-27-2012, 02:16 PM   #116
TanzUnited99
DIS Veteran

Wow what amazing news!!!

It must have been great when you got your invitation especially as you had forgotten about the earlier conversation - enjoy!! I'm looking forward to hearing all the details!
Old 01-27-2012, 03:19 PM   #117
jeremysdisneymom
DIS Veteran

Oh my, I am sooooo excited for you!!!! I can't wait to hear all about it. You are going to have a fabulous time.

Old 01-27-2012, 03:27 PM   #118
tinacaplan
DIS Veteran

That is VERY exciting news!
AofA - 2012
SSR - 2012
OKW - 2012

Old 01-27-2012, 07:51 PM   #119
mickeysmyboy

DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by manntra View Post
I am sooooooooooooo excited for you and your rockstar invitation!!!! You are going to be grinning from ear to ear until March!!! The food, the entertainment!!! Everything will be top notch!! Not to mention your fabulous weekend you will have with your husband!!

Tracy
Thanks Tracy!! I am soooooo super excited!

Quote:
Originally Posted by oopsiDAISY View Post
This is going to be one of those "once in a lifetime" opportunities for you...CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!
It really is!!! I can't wait!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mndisneygirl View Post
That is SO COOL!!! What a fun time you'll have!

I'm dying to know who the godmother will be! Have you heard any rumors?
I know! I can't wait!!!

I haven't heard anything! I search online at least once a day! I'm dying to know!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisMomAmy View Post
So exciting!!
Very, very excited!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grumpy's Wife View Post
Sounds like so much fun. I can't wait to hear all about it and see all the pictures I'm sure you are going to take. Have fun.
I can't wait! I'm so excited!! I'm going to take tons of pictures!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by marDgreen88 View Post
OH WOW! That is so exciting! I watched a live podcast of the Dream christening and it was so beautiful and exciting, I can't even imagine being there in person! I bet yall will have an amazing time!
I can't wait!! I watched part of the dream christening the other day online and it looked amazing!! I can't wait to get on that ship and see what's in store!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TanzUnited99 View Post
Wow what amazing news!!!

It must have been great when you got your invitation especially as you had forgotten about the earlier conversation - enjoy!! I'm looking forward to hearing all the details!
Sooo amazing!!! I can't wait!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeremysdisneymom View Post
Oh my, I am sooooo excited for you!!!! I can't wait to hear all about it. You are going to have a fabulous time.
I can't wait! I'm soooo excited!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinacaplan View Post
That is VERY exciting news!
It really is very exciting!!
Old 01-27-2012, 07:56 PM   #120
MeMom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickeysmyboy View Post

The evening of March 1st DH and I will be in NYC for the christening! The details are few at this point. The invitation said it will be an unforgettable evening of enchantment and elegance showcasing the new ship, including the incredible cuisine and entertainment.

Of course, being me, I persuaded DH to 2 nights in NYC! We will be headed to NYC on the 1st via a luxury bus services that is in our area to take people back and forth to NYC. Will be spending 2 nights at the Marriott Marquis in Times Square! The night of the 2nd we will be going to see Mary Poppins on Broadway!! We have a few other things planned, including a trip to the 9/11 memorial, shopping and site seeing!!! Iím also hopeful to get to meet up with brookelizabeth at some point!

I can't even begin to tell you how excited I am!!
Very, very, very, very cool!
Mingos in da Watah! http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2758143
Geen Yight: She's Out of Sight! http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2677011
My Name is NOT Broccoli www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2611094
From Pop to the Top www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2495977
Mother, May I? Yes, You May www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2448482
Ringing in 2010 www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2356794
Brooklynn Takes Bella to Meet Cinderella www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2209387
A Two Short, Too Different Spring Break Trip www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2122295
Over the river and through the FUN! http://www.disboards.com/showthread....1#post29060069
A Ten Day Ride on a Magic Camel www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1869591
Baby and the Tramp...and a Pop Half Century www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1470678

We've stayed at Pop Century, All Star Sports, All Star Movies, All Star Music, French Quarter, Wilderness Lodge, Animal Kingdom Lodge, Art of Animation, Beach Club, Vero Beach, Kidani Village and Saratoga Springs - many trips, and many wonderful, magical memories made.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: