Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-06-2012, 09:43 AM   #91
jeremysdisneymom
DIS Veteran

Beautiful pictures of the resorts! We didn't make it to the Poly in November so I enjoyed look at yours.

What a rude family at the Gingerbread House! My son and I encountered a lot more rude people on our trip. Parents who seemed to have a lot less sense than their children!!!

Old 01-06-2012, 01:29 PM   #92
mickeysmyboy

DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MEK View Post
Well, I am reading your update without benefit of the pictures and I am sure they are totally lovely. We also managed to visit the GF and the gingerbread house this trip. We, however, did not have time for the Poly. Boo! I was actually shocked at how short the line was. Uggghhhhh to that annoying family. That would make me want to get out of that line ASAP too!

It sounds like you had a lovely morning/afternoon. My short trip did not afford me a chance to spend much time outside of the parks, but it certainly sounds wonderful.
Well, you just have to come back later to see them! I really, really needed to get away from that family!

I loved our time that day! It was so amazing and so relaxing!! A little bit of heaven and a whole lot of Disney Magic!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeremysdisneymom View Post
Beautiful pictures of the resorts! We didn't make it to the Poly in November so I enjoyed look at yours.

What a rude family at the Gingerbread House! My son and I encountered a lot more rude people on our trip. Parents who seemed to have a lot less sense than their children!!!
I'm glad to have provided you with a Poly Christmas! Honestly, I'd love to stay there again, not at christmas, but sometime! I wonder if they'll ever do DVC!

You are soooo right about people having less sense then their kids!! Who is the kids supposed to learn from? I don't think I'm overly strict, far from it, but my kids know how to act and how not to and what the consequences are!
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-06-2012, 04:02 PM   #93
eandesmom
I'm with Beast

Oh man, that family sounds incredibly annoying, I'd have probably said something. Who DOES that? Deface property like that. Encourages their child to do it? The germs part is disgusting enough but the utter lack of respect some folks have boggles my mind. I want folks like that to get caught, yelled at and yeah, maybe get sick from the Gingerbread. I do console myself with what comes around goes around...it really does.

Fun morning monorail tour and wonderful pictures! Bummer about the coffee, did you end up having to buy more pods at the store?
Old 01-06-2012, 05:57 PM   #94
mickeysmyboy

DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by eandesmom View Post
Oh man, that family sounds incredibly annoying, I'd have probably said something. Who DOES that? Deface property like that. Encourages their child to do it? The germs part is disgusting enough but the utter lack of respect some folks have boggles my mind. I want folks like that to get caught, yelled at and yeah, maybe get sick from the Gingerbread. I do console myself with what comes around goes around...it really does.

Fun morning monorail tour and wonderful pictures! Bummer about the coffee, did you end up having to buy more pods at the store?
They were super annoying! It was very difficult for me to hold my tongue!! I was really hoping a CM would happen past and see. But no such luck! I really karma came back to bite them!

It really was a great morning!

I didn't end up buying more but I did end up taking a few from the housekeeping cart! More on that later...
Old 01-06-2012, 08:19 PM   #95
archdandy
DIS Veteran

Great trip report so far! What a wonderful and relaxing idea, to check out the different displays and decorations at the resorts! It sounds like you had a fun morning besides the rude family.

October 2013 Port Orleans Resort
May 2013 Animal Kingdom Kidani
October 2012 Art of Animation
January 2012 Port Orleans Resort
June 2011 Coronado Springs
September 2010 All Star Sports
Old 01-06-2012, 10:18 PM   #96
mickeysmyboy

DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by archdandy View Post
Great trip report so far! What a wonderful and relaxing idea, to check out the different displays and decorations at the resorts! It sounds like you had a fun morning besides the rude family.
Thank you and welcome! It was such a nice, relaxing morning!
Old 01-07-2012, 01:30 PM   #98
jenjolt
Loves All Things Disney!

HOLY COW They ate a piece off of the gingerbread house...really?!?!? That is just nutz!!

Sorry you had to deal with the horribly annoying family!!!

However what beautiful pictures of the resorts!!!! Thank you for sharing!

My Magical Trips to Disney:6/2012,1/2012,10/2011, 6/2011, 5/2011, 1/2011, 5/2010, 1/2010, 10/2009, 5/2009,
1/2009, 3/2007, 5/2005 , 10/1992: First Trip to Disney (Thanks Dad!)
Old 01-07-2012, 08:49 PM   #99
pooh'smate
My ticker is actually a day off

Wow that family!!! It is amazing how little respect people have for others and things these days. I loved all your pictures, they made me feel like I was there.

Old 01-07-2012, 10:40 PM   #100
Mndisneygirl
DIS Veteran

Boy, they're really letting in just any old riff raff these days! Eating a piece of a display? I would not have been able to keep quiet. I imagine my kids would have said something loud enough for them to hear too!! I can see why you would want to get away from them.
Old 01-08-2012, 11:33 AM   #101
wigdoutdismom
DIS Veteran

I just found this, so heading back to read!!!!
Old 01-08-2012, 12:45 PM   #102
2xcited2sleep
DIS Veteran

What a fun "no parks" day! I did a monorail tour for the first time last year and had a blast. Hoping we can do a tour in May, perhaps. Oy to that family. WHO lets their kid break off a piece to see if it is real???? . I get wondering if it is real but to destroy someone's hard work?? That is just awful! And those " poor" Disney CMs who have to keep a smile on their faces at all times. Must be tough when you see stuff like this!

Old 01-10-2012, 04:25 PM   #103
TanzUnited99
DIS Veteran

Yay on touring the monorail resorts and taking pretty pictures of all the Christmas decorations!! They all look so pretty!

Having seen a recent programme about the making of the Gingerbread House and how it is put together it's nice to see a shot of the finished product.

Ugh at the annoying family and the way they were behaving - it sure is surprising how some moms act to what their children are doing.
Old 01-13-2012, 01:16 PM   #104
KatMark
DIS Veteran

Melissa, I love the pictures of all the decorations at the three monorail resorts -- beautiful.

What was that couple doing inside the rope?

Sounds like your meal was a success at the GF Cafe.
Old 01-13-2012, 02:00 PM   #105
manntra
DIS Veteran

[QUOTE=eandesmom;43650943] I want folks like that to get caught, yelled at and yeah, maybe get sick from the Gingerbread. I do console myself with what comes around goes around...it really does.
/QUOTE]

What is wrong with people?!! Ha you should have asked her if she needed to go ahead of you but with your luck she would have bumped into you and hit your phone I hope he got sick too. I am a freak about washing my hands and I couldn't imagine how many little paws had touched the house

Might just have to do another monorail tour in May with a stop at the Poly for a lapu lapu.

Tracy

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: