Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Budget Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-12-2011, 12:12 PM   #1
kristinlynn
Mouseketeer

Disney Gift Cards at Home Depot?

Does home depot sell gift cards for other retailers, specifically Disney? If so, could you buy a Disney gift card with a home depot card?
kristinlynn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2011, 05:15 PM   #2
TwinPrincessMama
Mouseketeer

Home Depot sells a variety of gift cards. I haven't noticed if there are Disney ones this year. By Home Depot Card do you mean a HD Gift Card or a HD Credit Card. Gift Card is a no. Credit Card is most likely no but I'm not 100% sure. I would call the home depot you want to visit and ask.
TwinPrincessMama is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 12-13-2011, 01:38 AM   #3
mom to 3 angels
Earning My Ears

Our local Lowe's has Disney gift cards I am soo excited about that! Now I can get the kids a couple for their birthdays next year for our trip in Sept!
Old 12-13-2011, 08:30 AM   #4
hmdavid
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mom to 3 angels View Post
Our local Lowe's has Disney gift cards I am soo excited about that! Now I can get the kids a couple for their birthdays next year for our trip in Sept!
I will have to check at ours, they offer a 10% military discount. I wonder if it can be applied to gift cards?
Old 12-13-2011, 10:13 AM   #5
kristinlynn
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by mom to 3 angels View Post
Do you know if you can use a Lowes gift cards to purchase the Disney gift cards?
Old 12-13-2011, 10:20 AM   #6
katrina1122
Just another Blonde moment in my life. Yay me.

I don't know of any store that lets you use their gift card to buy other gift cards.
katrina1122 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2011, 10:44 AM   #7
kristinlynn
Mouseketeer

There are a few that do. Many people on the dis have reported using Walgreens cards that they've earned through MyPoints to buy Disney cards. Also, when target had their $10 gift card "give away" this weekend, many people put those toward Disney cards. Just wondering if Home Depot or Lowes let's you do the same. Plastic Jungle sells Lowes and Home Depot cards at a big discount ... wondering if you could take the discounted cards and turn them into Disney Cards.
Old 12-14-2011, 02:16 AM   #8
kelly1218
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by TwinPrincessMama View Post
Home Depot sells a variety of gift cards. I haven't noticed if there are Disney ones this year. By Home Depot Card do you mean a HD Gift Card or a HD Credit Card. Gift Card is a no. Credit Card is most likely no but I'm not 100% sure. I would call the home depot you want to visit and ask.
Not all Home Depots sell other gift cards. Mine only has Home Depot gift cards, not ones for other retailers. And the HD policy is you can't purchase gift cards with gift cards. I do not run register, so I'm not sure if you can purchase them with any other credit card besides the HD credit card.

Philly
~Walker 2010 ~ ~Crew 2011~ walking with my daughter in 2012
kelly1218 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2011, 03:10 AM   #9
Annal606
Mouseketeer

Many people on the dis have reported using Walgreens cards that they've earned through MyPoints to buy Disney cards.
Annal606 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2011, 03:26 AM   #10
lucas43068
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by hmdavid View Post
I will have to check at ours, they offer a 10% military discount. I wonder if it can be applied to gift cards?

no, you wont get a military discount on gift cards.
what we usually do is buy ours a giant eagle/kroger, where ever offers some kind of fuel points so we get money off of gas.
we do it for about every store. TRU, Home depot, best buy, amazon etc.. since theres a giant eagle really close to the house we just swing by before we hit the store. if were doing any remodel on the house or have to buy gifts we an usually get quite a bit of free gas
lucas43068 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: