Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Pre-Trip Reports and Plans
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-24-2012, 03:00 PM   #76
disneybarbie
Disney Princess

Quote:
Originally Posted by TanzUnited99 View Post
Hi Emma! I hope you had a great weekend!

Woohoo on today marking 200 days!! I can't believe how quicly time is passing.

What a great idea to make a monthly newsletter and have questions etc to make it fun but at the same time keep everyone updated with what to expect during the trip

Lol I love getting soaked on the water rides! I also think it's great that you are making small purchases as you go along.

Tanz
Thanks Tanz - you're right this month feels like it's flying by, usually January is so slow!
I'm hoping DH's family like the newsletter.. I just want to share some of those great Disney/Orlando websites with them.. then everyone can do some planning/anticipating as the months go by it's been 3 years since they last went to Florida and there'll be quite a few new things at all the parks, plus this is the first time for us taking DH's niece - and touring with a 7 year old will be very different to our last trip (I've already had to find out where Tink & the other fairies have their meet & greets hehe)

Lol I enjoy the water rides too.. I did find the ones at IoA got me absolutely drenched though.. I have to be careful to close my eyes on the drops too otherwise my contact lenses seem to start playing up! hehe

Quote:
Originally Posted by oboedm View Post
Great Update! I have never thought about buying ziploc bags for the water rides. That is a great idea! I have heard that the IoA rides get you ridiculously wet, so I will need to remember that. =)

I like the newsletter/quiz idea. I will have to do that for our 2013 trip. I think the kids we are going with will have fun with that. Maybe that is how I can distribute Disney pins!
Thank you! That sounds like a good idea for your 2013 trip.. pins as prizes I still need to think of a prize for our quiz ... they do sell pins at the Disney Stores in the UK so that could be a good idea

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leshaface View Post
Omgosh, I don't even know how I missed this!

Sorry i'm so late. Will be back to read. Lunchtime
Yay thanks for reading along Lesha!

Emma x
disneybarbie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2012, 03:09 PM   #77
SOUTHERNtinkerBELLE
DIS Veteran

I love your newsletter, Emma! It looks so much more professional than mine! I love all of the fun info you've included! I am also planning on doing a newsletter/letter for each day of our trip with info about the park we are visiting that day, the daily itinerary, must do's at the parks, etc. I think I will give it to my family in an envelope each night. I was hoping to do a layout kind of like you have to make it look more organized.

I can't believe you are so close to your ADR day! That is such a fun milestone in the countdown. Can't wait to hear which restaurants you choose!
SOUTHERNtinkerBELLE is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-29-2012, 09:05 AM   #78
Nermel9
DIS Veteran

Hi, I'm joining in, but I have to go back and get caught up later! Just wanted to sub before I forgot!

Many family trips offsite~9/08 ASMu~11/09 WL~Disneymoon 5/10 BC~11/10 POR~10/11 WL~12/11 Pop~5/12 BC~11/12 AoA/POR~2/13 AKL/BLT
Nermel9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2012, 05:02 PM   #79
disneybarbie
Disney Princess

Quote:
Originally Posted by SOUTHERNtinkerBELLE View Post
I love your newsletter, Emma! It looks so much more professional than mine! I love all of the fun info you've included! I am also planning on doing a newsletter/letter for each day of our trip with info about the park we are visiting that day, the daily itinerary, must do's at the parks, etc. I think I will give it to my family in an envelope each night. I was hoping to do a layout kind of like you have to make it look more organized.

I can't believe you are so close to your ADR day! That is such a fun milestone in the countdown. Can't wait to hear which restaurants you choose!
Hi Courtney - that sounds like a great idea for the daily newsletters.. like the 'navigators' on the Disney cruise ships!
Lol my newsletter was a word document, but I saved it as a PDF - it looked quite good that way & the website links still worked

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nermel9 View Post
Hi, I'm joining in, but I have to go back and get caught up later! Just wanted to sub before I forgot!
Thanks for joining in!

Hope everyone has had a good weekend, we saw DH's parents yesterday and did a little vacation planning!
We did our online visa waivers, ESTAs, these aren't hard to do but took quite a bit of time as there is a lot of information to enter.. and for eight of us too ... but it's all done and luckily we were all 'approved' so will be able to enter the USA in August!

I gave them our guidebooks from last year, Birnbaum & the Unofficial Guide to WDW.. I said to DFiL that the latter book is pretty huge and goes into a lot of detail.. but he really seemed to like it! He read lots of it last night (while we watched Pirates of the Caribbean 4 on tv ) ; it's nice to see that they are all getting excited about our trip together... just 28 weeks to go lol.

We are getting together weekend after next to talk about dining reservations and make a rough plan of the trip ... DH and his Dad want to book a few rounds of golf at Disney (probably Magnolia, Palm and Lake Buena Vista) so that will need booking too.

I am conscious not to over-plan this trip and want to make sure we'll have lots of free days - but at the same time I think we need to have a few days planned out... as it's going to be August... and it'll be very busy and very hot!
Old 01-29-2012, 06:15 PM   #80
SOUTHERNtinkerBELLE
DIS Veteran

I can't wait to hear what you end up deciding on during your planning session!
Old 01-29-2012, 06:47 PM   #81
klacey1
DIS Veteran

It's so great your in-laws are getting into the planning of the trip! I love your newsletter-- especially the quiz version!
I was considering getting Project Future on my Kindle-- how is it? Is it about the planning of the MK or more about purchasing the land, etc?
klacey1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2012, 11:04 PM   #82
ronnmel
DIS Veteran

Disney planning is always fun, but it makes it even better when the other people are excited about it too. :
ronnmel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2012, 03:29 PM   #83
disneybarbie
Disney Princess

Quote:
I can't wait to hear what you end up deciding on during your planning session!
Hi Courtney, I'm looking forward to getting 'the list' together of ADRs and other activities.. and then actually booking them! It'll be strange this time, staying offsite, as I'll have to book each ADR day-by-day; no 10 day window! At least with the online system available now I can book the restaurants on the website - not daily calls to WDW-Dine

I'm thinking of baking some cookies & gingerbread from the Disney chefs cookbook to take with us for the 'planning party'!

Quote:
Originally Posted by klacey1 View Post
It's so great your in-laws are getting into the planning of the trip! I love your newsletter-- especially the quiz version!
I was considering getting Project Future on my Kindle-- how is it? Is it about the planning of the MK or more about purchasing the land, etc?
Thanks - I've almost got all the quiz questions written now, ready to put in each month's newsletter!
I've read about 2/3rds of Project Future and so far it's been about choosing the site for WDW (it was very nearly in St Louis!) and then buying the land in Florida.. moving onto actually building it now in the late 1960's. I've also read a book called 'Married to the Mouse' which is about Orlando's relationship with the Disney company, also pretty interesting (I wrote my final year dissertation on inspirational leadership, focusing on Walt Disney, so read a lot of books and journals on the topic! hehe)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronnmel View Post
Disney planning is always fun, but it makes it even better when the other people are excited about it too. :
Hi Mel! It is nice to talk about the upcoming vacation with my inlaws .. for my trips just with DH, he is always happy for me to pick out the restaurants & plan our days - so it's different going with a larger group.. nice to get their input on favourite rides/restaurants etc

Emma x
Old 01-31-2012, 07:32 PM   #84
oboedm
DIS Veteran

Your upcoming planning meeting sounds like so much fun! I never thought about making up questions using WDW books. What a great excuse to buy a few Disney books, LOL!
oboedm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2012, 02:45 PM   #85
khertz
Proud member of the WHO DAT NATION!!

I'm just finding your latest PTR & joining in of course! Pretty jealous that you are planning not one but TWO trips, and trips so close together at that! We will be visiting WDW right after you in October...we will be getting in on the 21st. I look forward to comparing Halloween trips to the World!

Also looking forward to reading about your experience on the Fantasy. I have been playing around with the idea of taking a Disney cruise, but it's still pretty up in the air. I think your first Disney Cruise TR was what started the ball rolling in my head. It sounds so amazing! I bet the new ship will be absolutely incredible!
JULY 1994 // Offsite & Universal Studios & Busch Gardens | APRIL 1998 // All Star Music & Universal Studios |FEBRUARY 2001 // All Star Music & Universal | MARCH 2003 // All Star Music & Universal // Hard Rock Hotel | FEBRUARY 2004 // All Star Music & Universal // Royal Pacific & Sea World | OCTOBER 2007 (Disneymoon!) // Port Orleans French Quarter & Universal Studios // Royal Pacific | DECEMBER 2009 // Wyndham Bonnet Creek PTR/ TR | JULY/AUGUST 2010 // Wyndham Cypress Palms TR | NOVEMBER 2011 // Wyndham Bonnet Creek PTR/TR | MAY 2012 // Disneyland // Wyndham Dolphin's Cove TR | AUGUST 2012 // Disneyland 5 Year Anniversary Trip // Peacock Suites TR | OCTOBER 2012 // Wyndham Bonnet Creek PTR/TR | OCTOBER 2013 // Wyndham Bonnet Creek & Universal // Royal Pacific PTR/TR | MAY 2014 // Wilderness Lodge TR | SEPTEMBER 2014 // ABD DIS Exclusive Viva Italia & Disneyland Paris Show No Fear! DIS Exclusive Viva Italia + DLP Sept 2014 | MARCH 2015 // Disneyland // Wyndham Dolphin's Cove | OCTOBER 2015 // Wyndham Bonnet Creek & Universal | FEBRUARY 2016 // ??
khertz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2012, 04:04 PM   #86
disneybarbie
Disney Princess

Quote:
Originally Posted by oboedm View Post
Your upcoming planning meeting sounds like so much fun! I never thought about making up questions using WDW books. What a great excuse to buy a few Disney books, LOL!
Thank you! hehe yes any excuse to buy more Disney books .. I can't find my copy of Lou Mongello's first trivia book - I know I have it somewhere! It would be perfect for the newsletters too lol.

Quote:
Originally Posted by khertz View Post
I'm just finding your latest PTR & joining in of course! Pretty jealous that you are planning not one but TWO trips, and trips so close together at that! We will be visiting WDW right after you in October...we will be getting in on the 21st. I look forward to comparing Halloween trips to the World!

Also looking forward to reading about your experience on the Fantasy. I have been playing around with the idea of taking a Disney cruise, but it's still pretty up in the air. I think your first Disney Cruise TR was what started the ball rolling in my head. It sounds so amazing! I bet the new ship will be absolutely incredible!
That's a shame we'll miss each other in October! I'm so looking forward to that trip.. back 'home' to the Boardwalk, Halloween decorations and the Food & Wine Festival

It's nice to be able to say the cruise is 'next year' already! I'm so excited about it.. we both knew within 24 hours of being on the Dream last year that we'd want to do another! Hoping to explore the ship alot more on a seven-day cruise too .. hope you do get to go on one in the future, it's a great extension of the Disney parks magic!

So today the postman brought me...

New 2012 Disney guidebooks! I must by these two every year we go to Disney, but I can't help it hehe I read them cover-to-cover even though I know 99% of the stuff written!

Emma x
Old 02-02-2012, 05:09 PM   #87
TanzUnited99
DIS Veteran

Hi Emma!

What a lovely thing to receive from the postman

Happy reading though you probably know most of it already hehe - still it must be nice to refresh your memory and notice the new additions
TanzUnited99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2012, 10:31 PM   #88
SOUTHERNtinkerBELLE
DIS Veteran

I love Disney guidebooks, too! In fact, I think it's time I buy a new Unofficial Guide!
Old 02-04-2012, 03:34 PM   #89
Leshaface
DIS Veteran

I finally went through all your updates.

Oh my gosh, you're going to make an AMAZING Barbie! Can't wait to see the finished product. I really hope DH will be Ken. That would be awesome!

Man, 3 trips all in a matter of 2 years! Must say, I'm super jealous. But i'll be living vicariously through your TR's, so the jealousy will subside over time, I guess.

DLR: Yearly trips from 1991-2006, AP holder Jan 06 (monthly trips thru May 2008), Nov 08 DLH-Dreams, Jan 09 GCH, June 09 DLH-Magic, June 09 Desert Inn, Oct 09 Tropicana, Mar 10 GCH, May 10 Castle Inn, Nov 10 GCH, Mar 11 DLH, Nov 11 GCH, Mar 12 PPH, Apr 12 PPH, July 12 PPH, Nov 12 DLH, May 13 GCH, July 14 VGC, Oct 14 CCI
WDW : June 2-8, 2008 - Pop Century, January 20-28, 2010 - CSR, Dec 8-15, 2012 AKV/BWV, Oct 5-11, 2013 SSR/AKV/BLT
DCL: Dream June 2011, Wonder Dec 2011

Starting the New Year off right!...at WDW January 2015 PTR
Food and Wine? Sounds Divine! Oct 2013 TROur First WDW Trip as Parents - December 2012
Mexican Riviera Cruise with WONDERful Souvenir in the Works!Dream CAME True! June 21-26, 2011 TR
Food, Fun, and Frivolity: 8 Funtabulous days
Ugh, what were we thinking?! 9 days Deluxe Dining, The Crow's fly to Disneyworld! Jan 20-28, 2010 Pre-TR, DLR - The Proposal, Bouncers, and a Celebrity! June 3-6
Leshaface is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2012, 12:58 PM   #90
disneybarbie
Disney Princess

Quote:
Originally Posted by TanzUnited99 View Post
Hi Emma!

What a lovely thing to receive from the postman

Happy reading though you probably know most of it already hehe - still it must be nice to refresh your memory and notice the new additions

Quote:
I love Disney guidebooks, too! In fact, I think it's time I buy a new Unofficial Guide!
Thanks both - looking forward to reading the guidebooks, sure there'll be something I learn that I didn't know before! Particularly the Unofficial Guide - they've added a Universal Orlando section now which will be useful because I know so much less about those parks for our August trip

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leshaface View Post
I finally went through all your updates.

Oh my gosh, you're going to make an AMAZING Barbie! Can't wait to see the finished product. I really hope DH will be Ken. That would be awesome!

Man, 3 trips all in a matter of 2 years! Must say, I'm super jealous. But i'll be living vicariously through your TR's, so the jealousy will subside over time, I guess.
Thanks for reading Lesha! Aww thank you - I think my costume is pretty much all bought now, I just need to get a purse/bag .. lol I will suggest DH goes as Ken.. it actually wouldn't be too hard to do - shorts, polo shirt and a neck-tie to be Ken from Toy Story 3?! I'll ask him nearer the time! Although after Pirate night on the cruise last year, when I promised him everyone would be dressed up and then it didn't seem like that many adults were, he is reluctant to wear a costume at Disney again

Emma x

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: