Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Pre-Trip Reports and Plans
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-20-2012, 04:15 PM   #61
disneybarbie
Disney Princess

Quote:
Originally Posted by PopArtGal View Post
I know how hard it is to study and work at the same time. I am doing the same thing and I'm exhausted. But my trip is coming too. At least there's some bright light in the distance lol
Thanks Chrissie it is hard to fit in studying around work.. but my aim this year is to get through the last few exams so I'm qualified and finished studying.. hopefully! I'm going to start the studies for the next papers in February, for exams in May.. then there'll be resits/final paper in September and November.. it'll be a busy year!

Quote:
Originally Posted by oboedm View Post
The idea to spread out the toiletries is a good idea! I will have to remember that!

Also, it's probably not a good idea that I now know Amazon sells Disney Couture brand. To quote Filch from the Harry Potter films, "Oh, we are in trouble..."

Hi! I really like spreading out buying our toiletries before a vacation now - it also means each week in the supermarket I can think "what shall I buy for Florida this week?!"
Lol about Disney Couture on Amazon .. mine was from the UK site but sure the US one will have it too.. the prices were much much better than I'd seen on other sites though I really like the DC jewellery range too!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinkgurl View Post
I'm so excited to have found your PTR!!

I love that you're going to be Barbie from Toy Story 3!!! Please keep us updated on how the costume is coming along.
Hi! Thank you so much for joining in not long until your wedding & honeymoon now! I'll have to read some of your TRs this weekend Costume is going pretty well so far - I'm trying to find blue leggings but not much luck yet lol

Emma x
disneybarbie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2012, 05:41 PM   #62
monica23535
DIS Veteran

Hi Emma,

Just read about your plans this year, OMG two trips!!

I'm in WDW this October too, staying right across the water from BWI so I'll keep an eye out for you, if our dates overlap lol
Polynesian CL, DCL Dream & Beach Club Oct 2012

monica23535 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-21-2012, 09:51 AM   #63
disneybarbie
Disney Princess

Quote:
Originally Posted by monica23535 View Post
Hi Emma,

Just read about your plans this year, OMG two trips!!

I'm in WDW this October too, staying right across the water from BWI so I'll keep an eye out for you, if our dates overlap lol
Hi! Thanks for joining in our dates for October are 7th-14th at WDW.. are you staying at the Beach Club or Yacht Club? We love those resorts

It's amazing having two trips this year.. and pretty close together too! They're going to be quite different though - first is with a much bigger group & staying offsite.. then Boardwalk, Food & Wine and lots of Disney with my DH in October

Emma x
Old 01-21-2012, 11:42 AM   #64
disneybarbie
Disney Princess

MNSSHP costumer.. update!

Hi everyone, hope you're all having a great weekend so far

Just a quick update on my Halloween Party costume for the October trip!

As I already have the right hair colour to be Barbie, I won't need to wear a wig (don't think I'd want to in the Florida heat either! lol) .. but I decided that I might need a bit more hair to make it obvious who my costume is meant to be...

so I have bought a blonde ponytail from a shop on ebay! The prices were so much lower than I was expecting.. including postage this was about £5 ($8) and I think it works pretty well...

It clips onto my hair then wraps around..

I've also bought a piece of pink sparkly ribbon to tie in my hair too... should stay in place for the party!

Emma x

Last edited by disneybarbie; 01-29-2012 at 09:46 AM.
Old 01-21-2012, 11:54 AM   #65
PopArtGal
Mushu's Best Gal Pal

the ponytail looks pretty nice.

I'd even consider wearing it for events or for fun.

2014 (July) Contemporary -Concierge (Bay Lake View) 2013 (July) POR - 2012 (December) Contemporary -2012 (July) Contemporary- Concierge (Bay Lake View), 2011 (July) Contemporary- Concierge (Bay Lake View),2010 (July) Contemporary (MK View), 2010- (March) All-Star Music, 2009- Contemporary (MK View),2008- Port Orleans Riverside (July),2007- Port Orleans Riverside (May & December),2006 - All-Star Music (July),2004 - All-Star Music (May),2000 - Travelodge Maingate (April),1991 - Rodeway (On intl' drive),1987- Quality Inn,1985 - Sheraton
PopArtGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2012, 12:49 PM   #66
jenny105
DIS Veteran

Looks great!

Me DBf Kris Mitzu
Sept 2015 ASMu/DCL ~ August 2013 GF ~ Oct 2012 AKL ~ April 2011 DL Paradise Pier ~ Oct 2010 POP ~ Sept 2009 WL/DCL/BCV ~ Nov 2008 RPR Universal ~ Jan 2008 POP ~ April 2007 POP ~ Jan 2006 POP
jenny105 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2012, 01:31 PM   #67
disbeachprincess
Earning My Ears

I would suggest American Apparel for the leggings (if you have that where you live!). They seem to always have a million different colors.
disbeachprincess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2012, 01:38 PM   #68
disbeachprincess
Earning My Ears

double post, sorry!

Last edited by disbeachprincess; 01-21-2012 at 10:43 PM.
disbeachprincess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2012, 04:12 PM   #69
monica23535
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneybarbie View Post
Hi! Thanks for joining in our dates for October are 7th-14th at WDW.. are you staying at the Beach Club or Yacht Club? We love those resorts
Hi, we may bump into you lol, we check into BC on the 13th for 8 nights and then onto the Dream for the first time. I think your last TR convinced me that I needed to cruise!
Polynesian CL, DCL Dream & Beach Club Oct 2012

monica23535 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2012, 07:46 PM   #70
SOUTHERNtinkerBELLE
DIS Veteran

Cute shirt! I need to check out this Disney Couture! And I love the ponytail! That is really going to make your look come together. It looks like it matches your hair perfectly!
SOUTHERNtinkerBELLE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2012, 03:16 PM   #71
disneybarbie
Disney Princess

Quote:
Originally Posted by PopArtGal View Post
the ponytail looks pretty nice.

I'd even consider wearing it for events or for fun.
Quote:
Originally Posted by jenny105 View Post
Looks great!
Thanks both! Lol Chrissie I was thinking of wearing the ponytail clip into work one day.. see if anyone notices I have a foot more hair

Quote:
Originally Posted by disbeachprincess View Post
I would suggest American Apparel for the leggings (if you have that where you live!). They seem to always have a million different colors.
Thanks for the tip! There is a UK version of American Apparel - just been on their website and they do have teal blue leggings.. I'm still deciding whether shorts would be better for the costume, as it will still be pretty humid in Orlando in October? decisions decisions! hehe

Quote:
Originally Posted by monica23535 View Post
Hi, we may bump into you lol, we check into BC on the 13th for 8 nights and then onto the Dream for the first time. I think your last TR convinced me that I needed to cruise!
Wow that sounds like a fantastic trip in October! I can't wait to go on our next Disney cruise next year, we had such an amazing time - hope you love it too!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SOUTHERNtinkerBELLE View Post
Cute shirt! I need to check out this Disney Couture! And I love the ponytail! That is really going to make your look come together. It looks like it matches your hair perfectly!
Thanks Courtney - I was pretty impressed how close the 'golden blonde' ponytail was to my real hair colour hehe!
I love the Disney Couture range - but the tshirts and tops are usually around £40 ($60-$70) - but Amazon seemed to have everything at half price! They also do really nice jewellery, like necklaces that say 'Believe' and 'Fantasy'

Emma x
Old 01-22-2012, 04:04 PM   #72
disneybarbie
Disney Princess

Hi everyone,

So today marks...

200 days until our August trip! Which means 20 days until I can begin making ADRs .. I need to speak to DH's family about where they'd like to eat at Disney - I have some ideas but want to check everyone is ok with the menus

I had some inspiration from Courtney (Southerntinkerbelle.. thank you!!) and decided to make a monthly newsletter for DH's family for our vacation this year! .. they already think I'm mad about Disney, and this probably confirms it for them , but I had fun designing the first one and putting all the sections together!

This is what the January edition looks like..

Each month I'm going to pick a park (the four Disney ones and also the two Universal ones) - give an overview of its history and the attractions, and include links to the official websites & park maps
There's a hidden mickey of the month, useful website links, a trivia section, a few photos.. and a 5 question quiz too... they are all going to email me their answers and I will give a prize to whoever gets the most correct! I'm trying to get a good mix of questions about Disney, Universal Orlando and general knowledge about Florida.

This month's questions were...

1. What year did Walt Disney World open?
2. What is our outbound flight number on August 9th?
3. What is the State Capital of Florida?
4. What are the names of the three fairies in Sleeping Beauty?
5. Which newspaper did Spider-man work on?

I emailed the newsletter yesterday and have already had replies from my mother and father in law

I've just started reading the book 'Project Future' about the beginnings of Walt Disney World.. it's really interesting!

and - I've made another purchase for our trips this year... large ziplock bags for cameras/wallets/valuables while on water rides in the parks! I think these will be particularly useful at Islands of Adventure in August.. I always seem to get soaked on those water rides

Emma x
Old 01-22-2012, 04:09 PM   #73
TanzUnited99
DIS Veteran

Hi Emma! I hope you had a great weekend!

Woohoo on today marking 200 days!! I can't believe how quicly time is passing.

What a great idea to make a monthly newsletter and have questions etc to make it fun but at the same time keep everyone updated with what to expect during the trip

Lol I love getting soaked on the water rides! I also think it's great that you are making small purchases as you go along.

Tanz
TanzUnited99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2012, 07:02 PM   #74
oboedm
DIS Veteran

Great Update! I have never thought about buying ziploc bags for the water rides. That is a great idea! I have heard that the IoA rides get you ridiculously wet, so I will need to remember that. =)

I like the newsletter/quiz idea. I will have to do that for our 2013 trip. I think the kids we are going with will have fun with that. Maybe that is how I can distribute Disney pins!
oboedm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2012, 02:31 PM   #75
Leshaface
DIS Veteran

Omgosh, I don't even know how I missed this!

Sorry i'm so late. Will be back to read. Lunchtime

DLR: Yearly trips from 1991-2006, AP holder Jan 06 (monthly trips thru May 2008), Nov 08 DLH-Dreams, Jan 09 GCH, June 09 DLH-Magic, June 09 Desert Inn, Oct 09 Tropicana, Mar 10 GCH, May 10 Castle Inn, Nov 10 GCH, Mar 11 DLH, Nov 11 GCH, Mar 12 PPH, Apr 12 PPH, July 12 PPH, Nov 12 DLH, May 13 GCH, July 14 VGC, Oct 14 CCI
WDW : June 2-8, 2008 - Pop Century, January 20-28, 2010 - CSR, Dec 8-15, 2012 AKV/BWV, Oct 5-11, 2013 SSR/AKV/BLT
DCL: Dream June 2011, Wonder Dec 2011

Starting the New Year off right!...at WDW January 2015 PTR
Food and Wine? Sounds Divine! Oct 2013 TROur First WDW Trip as Parents - December 2012
Mexican Riviera Cruise with WONDERful Souvenir in the Works!Dream CAME True! June 21-26, 2011 TR
Food, Fun, and Frivolity: 8 Funtabulous days
Ugh, what were we thinking?! 9 days Deluxe Dining, The Crow's fly to Disneyworld! Jan 20-28, 2010 Pre-TR, DLR - The Proposal, Bouncers, and a Celebrity! June 3-6
Leshaface is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: