Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Pre-Trip Reports and Plans
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-02-2012, 04:53 PM   #31
cindianne320
Mouseketeer

How very exciting, Emma!!!
DH Me DS (5) DD (2) and Baby #3 due in March!
My (very bare) Fall 2013 Pre-trip Report!
7 childhood trips, Off site- 1990-2004, 2007- Universal's Royal Pacific
2010- POR, 2011- POP, 2013- A of A and Disney Dream! 2014-CS
cindianne320 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2012, 04:53 PM   #32
klacey1
DIS Veteran

You're so lucky! Actually, the same thing happened for me this year-- DBF and I went for a week in August and then I went for a long weekend with my mom, grandmother, and some cousins in October! Disney twice a year is great!
The "other" parks are great in their own way-- I'm sure you'll have a fantastic time!!
klacey1 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-02-2012, 05:51 PM   #33
PopArtGal
Mushu's Best Gal Pal

I recommend Via Napoli. We loved it and it's the first restaurant that we put on our list for this coming trip. We are not even thinking about removing it of this list hehe

I love Tusker house too. Even though we cancelled during our last trip, it's one of the places my dad asked for.

Our experience at Chef de France was ok. Not the best French food ever. Then again, being from Quebec I might be biased as we have access to a lot of good French cuisine here.

I'm also wondering when the new restaurants and mostly when the new Fantasyland will open. Didn't they push it back to 2013?

2014 (July) Contemporary -Concierge (Bay Lake View) 2013 (July) POR - 2012 (December) Contemporary -2012 (July) Contemporary- Concierge (Bay Lake View), 2011 (July) Contemporary- Concierge (Bay Lake View),2010 (July) Contemporary (MK View), 2010- (March) All-Star Music, 2009- Contemporary (MK View),2008- Port Orleans Riverside (July),2007- Port Orleans Riverside (May & December),2006 - All-Star Music (July),2004 - All-Star Music (May),2000 - Travelodge Maingate (April),1991 - Rodeway (On intl' drive),1987- Quality Inn,1985 - Sheraton
PopArtGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2012, 06:00 PM   #34
ronnmel
DIS Veteran

Well aren't you the lucky one, with three Disney trips in the planning!
ronnmel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2012, 06:00 PM   #35
PopArtGal
Mushu's Best Gal Pal

How fun to have all these trips coming. I can't wait to hear about the plans!

2014 (July) Contemporary -Concierge (Bay Lake View) 2013 (July) POR - 2012 (December) Contemporary -2012 (July) Contemporary- Concierge (Bay Lake View), 2011 (July) Contemporary- Concierge (Bay Lake View),2010 (July) Contemporary (MK View), 2010- (March) All-Star Music, 2009- Contemporary (MK View),2008- Port Orleans Riverside (July),2007- Port Orleans Riverside (May & December),2006 - All-Star Music (July),2004 - All-Star Music (May),2000 - Travelodge Maingate (April),1991 - Rodeway (On intl' drive),1987- Quality Inn,1985 - Sheraton
PopArtGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2012, 02:25 PM   #36
TanzUnited99
DIS Veteran

Hi Emma!

I've just been catching up with TRs/PTRs after being away from the computer for some time and noticed you had started a new PTR! I'm joining and looking forward to hearing all your plans.

October will be here before you know it! I Can't believe it is 2012 already hehe - I just read further on and noticed you are also having a big family trip in August 2012! How exciting!

I love the early Disney trip purchases and am stumped on your MNSSHP costume - maybe another clue will help

Great dining choices. I'd love to see Remy at Chefs but having seen Illuminations during a dinner ADR I have to say it was a great experience. I think whatever you decide will be enjoyable.

Anyway am glad you had a great Christmas and New Year! I hope the return to work (if that was today for you) went well and look forward to reading about the rest of your plans.

Tanz
TanzUnited99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2012, 02:28 PM   #37
SOUTHERNtinkerBELLE
DIS Veteran

Yay for another trip! That is so exciting! Oh how much fun to be planning 3 trips!

I have to ask - how much vacation time do you get at work? I wish I could take a couple extended trips throughout the year, but just getting a week away is hard enough!
SOUTHERNtinkerBELLE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2012, 04:09 PM   #38
disneybarbie
Disney Princess

Quote:
Originally Posted by cindianne320 View Post
How very exciting, Emma!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by ronnmel View Post
Well aren't you the lucky one, with three Disney trips in the planning!
Quote:
Originally Posted by PopArtGal View Post
How fun to have all these trips coming. I can't wait to hear about the plans!
Thanks all! I have had so many thoughts & plans running through my mind these last few days now that there's two trips to think about this year!

Quote:
Originally Posted by PopArtGal View Post
I recommend Via Napoli. We loved it and it's the first restaurant that we put on our list for this coming trip. We are not even thinking about removing it of this list hehe

I love Tusker house too. Even though we cancelled during our last trip, it's one of the places my dad asked for.

Our experience at Chef de France was ok. Not the best French food ever. Then again, being from Quebec I might be biased as we have access to a lot of good French cuisine here.

I'm also wondering when the new restaurants and mostly when the new Fantasyland will open. Didn't they push it back to 2013?
Thanks Chrissy, I'm really hoping we do get to try Via Napoli in October.. I might suggest Tusker House & Chefs de France to DH's family for the August trip as they are two that I think everyone will enjoy

I think the new Fantasyland is being opened in stages.. Circus Storybook land (Dumbo, Goofy's rollercoaster etc) is opening this spring/summer - then the Little Mermaid ride & Be Our Guest restaurant in Fall 2012 - then in 2013 the Snow White rollercoaster will open. I'm not sure if the Pixie Hollow area for Tinkerbell is still part of the expansion? Can't wait to see it all come together over then next year or so!

Quote:
Originally Posted by klacey1 View Post
You're so lucky! Actually, the same thing happened for me this year-- DBF and I went for a week in August and then I went for a long weekend with my mom, grandmother, and some cousins in October! Disney twice a year is great!
The "other" parks are great in their own way-- I'm sure you'll have a fantastic time!!
Hi! I can't quite believe I'm going twice this year, and only 6 weeks between getting home in August and going again in October! I just know that my colleagues/some friends will think it's very odd that I'm going to the same place twice in one year .. but the two vacations are going to be so different

Hehe I last went to IoA and Universal Studios in 2009 (pre-Harry Potter!), I quite like the parks but, to me, they lack the magic of the Disney parks... whereas DH's family prefer those parks because they are really into rollercoasters and thrill rides.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TanzUnited99 View Post
Hi Emma!

I've just been catching up with TRs/PTRs after being away from the computer for some time and noticed you had started a new PTR! I'm joining and looking forward to hearing all your plans.

October will be here before you know it! I Can't believe it is 2012 already hehe - I just read further on and noticed you are also having a big family trip in August 2012! How exciting!

I love the early Disney trip purchases and am stumped on your MNSSHP costume - maybe another clue will help

Great dining choices. I'd love to see Remy at Chefs but having seen Illuminations during a dinner ADR I have to say it was a great experience. I think whatever you decide will be enjoyable.

Anyway am glad you had a great Christmas and New Year! I hope the return to work (if that was today for you) went well and look forward to reading about the rest of your plans.

Tanz
Hi Tanz! Thanks for reading along - I wrote the date today at work and couldn't quite believe it's 2012 already!! hehe

Quote:
Originally Posted by SOUTHERNtinkerBELLE View Post
Yay for another trip! That is so exciting! Oh how much fun to be planning 3 trips!

I have to ask - how much vacation time do you get at work? I wish I could take a couple extended trips throughout the year, but just getting a week away is hard enough!
Hi Courtney! I get 25 days a year off work (5 working weeks) - and it's ok to take around 2 weeks in a row... today I booked off 12 for August, 10 for October and our wedding anniversary in June so I only have a few days left for the rest of the year, but excited to have two big trips to look forward to!

Emma x

Last edited by disneybarbie; 01-03-2012 at 04:20 PM.
disneybarbie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2012, 05:33 PM   #39
jenny105
DIS Veteran

How exciting! I'm jealous. Those "other parks" are pretty good LOL

Me DBf Kris Mitzu
Sept 2015 ASMu/DCL ~ August 2013 GF ~ Oct 2012 AKL ~ April 2011 DL Paradise Pier ~ Oct 2010 POP ~ Sept 2009 WL/DCL/BCV ~ Nov 2008 RPR Universal ~ Jan 2008 POP ~ April 2007 POP ~ Jan 2006 POP
jenny105 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2012, 01:36 PM   #40
disneybarbie
Disney Princess

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenny105 View Post
How exciting! I'm jealous. Those "other parks" are pretty good LOL
Thank you! Still can't quite believe I have two trips to look forward to this year - and so close together! hehe I quite like the Universal parks, they don't have the same 'feel' as the Disney parks but do have some very good attractions, like Spiderman and The Simpsons.. I'm trying to learn a little about Harry Potter before we go otherwise that whole area's theming will be lost on me!

Emma x
Old 01-08-2012, 01:50 PM   #41
disneybarbie
Disney Princess

Disney Fantasy!

Hi everyone!

Hope you're all having a great weekend - we went to see my parents yesterday, and today had a day of house chores which has been good.. I rearranged all of our dvds - and put the Disney ones in chronological order hehe

Some cruise-related news.. the Disney Fantasy had it's 'float out' today at the shipyard in Germany! I was able to watch it live on the webcam here are some print-screen shots...

It was amazing to see it emerge from the building and to see details like the aquaduct!

Apparently the ship will be sailing across the Atlantic soon to New York - where it's rumoured to have its christening ceremony.. then onto Port Canaveral for the inaugural cruise!

Emma x
Old 01-08-2012, 11:37 PM   #42
SOUTHERNtinkerBELLE
DIS Veteran

That is so neat that you get to watch the progress on the ship like that! And I am SO jealous of your 25 days off a year! I get 10. I think my time off will increase as my time with the firm increases, but still not that much. You are very lucky!
SOUTHERNtinkerBELLE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2012, 10:30 AM   #43
jenny105
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneybarbie View Post
Thank you! Still can't quite believe I have two trips to look forward to this year - and so close together! hehe I quite like the Universal parks, they don't have the same 'feel' as the Disney parks but do have some very good attractions, like Spiderman and The Simpsons.. I'm trying to learn a little about Harry Potter before we go otherwise that whole area's theming will be lost on me!

Emma x
WWoHP is amazing! I absolutely loved it. I'm a huge Harry Potter fan but even the non-HP fans liked it and said it was the best ride of the whole trip.

Me DBf Kris Mitzu
Sept 2015 ASMu/DCL ~ August 2013 GF ~ Oct 2012 AKL ~ April 2011 DL Paradise Pier ~ Oct 2010 POP ~ Sept 2009 WL/DCL/BCV ~ Nov 2008 RPR Universal ~ Jan 2008 POP ~ April 2007 POP ~ Jan 2006 POP
jenny105 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2012, 03:38 PM   #44
disneybarbie
Disney Princess

Hi everyone! Hope you're all having a good week.

Not a lot to report on my upcoming Disney trips at the moment - more should be coming soon as ADR days are in February & April!

Going off topic, but I found out today that I passed an accounting exam that I took last November, which means now I'm officially 'part qualified' - I have 4 more papers to go and then I'll be finished; it's taken me years to get this far as I've found it pretty tough studying & working at the same time! so I'm pretty relieved and pleased today!

And.. another hint on my MNSSHP costume... she's from a recent Pixar movie...

Emma x
Old 01-12-2012, 04:53 PM   #45
TanzUnited99
DIS Veteran

Hi Emma! That's great news about passing an accountancy exam - congratulations!!

Also love the shots of the Fantasy ship embarking on it's journey.
TanzUnited99 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: