Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Pre-Trip Reports and Plans
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-15-2013, 07:56 PM   #391
Leshaface
DIS Veteran

Congratulations on passing!

It seems like you've been working on your accounting qualifications for sometime now and i'm sure you're glad it's all over!

And another big YAY for paying off the balance on your cruise!

Sounds like smooth sailing for you right now

DLR: Yearly trips from 1991-2006, AP holder Jan 06 (monthly trips thru May 2008), Nov 08 DLH-Dreams, Jan 09 GCH, June 09 DLH-Magic, June 09 Desert Inn, Oct 09 Tropicana, Mar 10 GCH, May 10 Castle Inn, Nov 10 GCH, Mar 11 DLH, Nov 11 GCH, Mar 12 PPH, Apr 12 PPH, July 12 PPH, Nov 12 DLH, May 13 GCH, July 14 VGC
WDW : June 2-8, 2008 - Pop Century, January 20-28, 2010 - CSR, Dec 8-15, 2012 AKV/BWV, Oct 5-11, 2013 SSR/AKV/BLT
DCL: Dream June 2011, Wonder Dec 2011

Food and Wine? Sounds Divine! Oct 2013 TR
Our First WDW Trip as Parents - December 2012
Mexican Riviera Cruise with WONDERful Souvenir in the Works!Dream CAME True! June 21-26, 2011 TR
Food, Fun, and Frivolity: 8 Funtabulous days
Ugh, what were we thinking?! 9 days Deluxe Dining, The Crow's fly to Disneyworld! Jan 20-28, 2010 Pre-TR, DLR - The Proposal, Bouncers, and a Celebrity! June 3-6
Leshaface is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 05:29 AM   #392
Dream426
Love Disney!!

YAY!!! Congrats on passing your exam!! You must feel so relieved.

Gianna's First of Many WDW Trips March 2013!! PTR

Gianna and Sophia's First Trip to Disney World September 2014 PTR!!

Dream426 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-20-2013, 04:09 PM   #394
cindianne320
Mouseketeer

Congrats, Emma!
2010- POR, 2011- POP, 2013- A of A and Disney Dream! 2014-CS
cindianne320 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 06:55 PM   #395
dreamerchic33
Mouseketeer

all caught up!
your dining reviews were wonderful!
thanks for sharing!
CONGRATS on passing your test!!!!
Looking forward to hearing about Oct!
xo
dreamerchic33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 11:22 AM   #396
disneybarbie
Disney Princess

Quote:
Originally Posted by monica23535 View Post
Well done for passing your exams Emma!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leshaface View Post
Congratulations on passing!

It seems like you've been working on your accounting qualifications for sometime now and i'm sure you're glad it's all over!

And another big YAY for paying off the balance on your cruise!

Sounds like smooth sailing for you right now
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dream426 View Post
YAY!!! Congrats on passing your exam!! You must feel so relieved.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ronnmel View Post
Congratulations!
Quote:
Originally Posted by cindianne320 View Post
Congrats, Emma!
Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamerchic33 View Post
all caught up!
your dining reviews were wonderful!
thanks for sharing!
CONGRATS on passing your test!!!!
Looking forward to hearing about Oct!
xo
Thanks everyone! I had my work experience signed off this week too, which means I'm an 'offical' chartered accountant lol - it's not really sunk in, no more studying ever!
I've treated myself to a new ipod nano (pink, of course!) to celebrate being qualified today

Also today, I've bought Red Sox tickets for our trip to Boston!! We've never been to a baseball game before, so really looking forward to it

Hope everyone is having a great weekend!

Emma x
disneybarbie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 01:50 PM   #397
missx0xdelaney
Mouseketeer

Congratulations on passing everything! I'm pretty jealous about your Boston plans too! Boston is my favorite city (apart from my own, Chicago). There are so many things to do there and a lot of them are free or cheap. If you have time make sure to walk the Freedom Trail. It's a bunch of landmarks around the city that were important to the independence cause. There is also a Holocaust memorial across the street from where part of the trail runs. It is really powerful and chilling. The Red Sox should make for an awesome baseball game too! My second favorite after my White Sox you're going to have so much fun!

Find me on Instagram and Twitter!: @missx0xdelaney
Countdown to Cupcakes! - An Independence Day Road Trip!
missx0xdelaney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 01:33 AM   #398
Leshaface
DIS Veteran

Even though I'm a San Francisco Giants fan, you're going to love it! There's nothing better than being surrounded by thousands of people cheering for the home team, while drinking a beer and eating a hot dog. It's quite an experience and love doing it every year!

DLR: Yearly trips from 1991-2006, AP holder Jan 06 (monthly trips thru May 2008), Nov 08 DLH-Dreams, Jan 09 GCH, June 09 DLH-Magic, June 09 Desert Inn, Oct 09 Tropicana, Mar 10 GCH, May 10 Castle Inn, Nov 10 GCH, Mar 11 DLH, Nov 11 GCH, Mar 12 PPH, Apr 12 PPH, July 12 PPH, Nov 12 DLH, May 13 GCH, July 14 VGC
WDW : June 2-8, 2008 - Pop Century, January 20-28, 2010 - CSR, Dec 8-15, 2012 AKV/BWV, Oct 5-11, 2013 SSR/AKV/BLT

Mexican Riviera Cruise with WONDERful Souvenir in the Works!Dream CAME True! June 21-26, 2011 TR
Ugh, what were we thinking?! 9 days Deluxe Dining, The Crow's fly to Disneyworld! Jan 20-28, 2010 Pre-TR, DLR - The Proposal, Bouncers, and a Celebrity! June 3-6
Old 03-25-2013, 03:48 PM   #399
disneybarbie
Disney Princess

Quote:
Originally Posted by missx0xdelaney View Post
Congratulations on passing everything! I'm pretty jealous about your Boston plans too! Boston is my favorite city (apart from my own, Chicago). There are so many things to do there and a lot of them are free or cheap. If you have time make sure to walk the Freedom Trail. It's a bunch of landmarks around the city that were important to the independence cause. There is also a Holocaust memorial across the street from where part of the trail runs. It is really powerful and chilling. The Red Sox should make for an awesome baseball game too! My second favorite after my White Sox you're going to have so much fun!
Hi! Thank you so much for the sight-seeing ideas in Boston, we're so excited to be visiting a new US state and city as part of this vacation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leshaface View Post
Even though I'm a San Francisco Giants fan, you're going to love it! There's nothing better than being surrounded by thousands of people cheering for the home team, while drinking a beer and eating a hot dog. It's quite an experience and love doing it every year!
Hi Lesha - I'm really looking forward to the baseball game! I've been to a lot of football (soccer) matches with DH, but never baseball.. I'll have to learn the rules of the game before we go, there's a game here called 'rounders' which is similar, I think!

Hi everyone!
Just realised how long it's been since I posted on this PTR... I guess it's been quite a quiet time for trip planning - however, yesterday we reached the 90 day mark before we sail away on the Fantasy, which meant ... time to book cruise activities

As it's our second Disney cruise, we're now in the Castaway Cay Club, silver level, which lets us book activities at 90 days rather than 75 Unfortunately for us, due to the time difference, the booking window opened at 4am (12am EST)... so which crazy Disney/planning fan got up very early Sunday morning to make our bookings hehe

I managed to book everything we wanted though!

The plans so far are...

Day 1 - set sail

Day 2 - at sea - 3pm 'Couples Choice' spa villa at the Senses Spa

Day 3 - Grand Cayman - Island Tour (we visit the turtle farm and 'Hell'!)

Day 4 - Costa Maya - Chacchoben Mayan Ruins (adults only tour)

Day 5 - Cozumel - ... something very cultural.... 'Tacos and Tequila experience' - it sounds like fun, although I don't really like Tequila.. maybe this will be a good way to try it?!

Day 6 - at sea - Palo Brunch

Day 7 - Castaway Cay - dinner at Remy

I also did our online check-in yesterday, nice to know all the paperwork is out the way already!

I'm going to make a start on cruise/vacation clothes shopping soon - the weather has been so cold here (we had snow on Saturday!) that I really can't wait for our summer holiday

Emma x
Old 03-25-2013, 06:06 PM   #400
monica23535
DIS Veteran

Your plans sound wonderful!

I'm so jealous, would love to do another Disney cruise this year but DH wants to go somewhere different blah, blah, blah....

The 'Tacos and Tequila' tour sounds very interesting lol

The snow here in Nottingham is ridiculous, I'm really fed up of it now!
Polynesian CL, DCL Dream & Beach Club Oct 2012

monica23535 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2013, 08:40 PM   #401
ronnmel
DIS Veteran

All your plans sound great! I'd love to visit some Mayan ruins, tour Grand Cayman island and have a romantic time at the spa.
ronnmel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2013, 03:54 PM   #402
disneybarbie
Disney Princess

Quote:
Originally Posted by monica23535 View Post
Your plans sound wonderful!

I'm so jealous, would love to do another Disney cruise this year but DH wants to go somewhere different blah, blah, blah....

The 'Tacos and Tequila' tour sounds very interesting lol

The snow here in Nottingham is ridiculous, I'm really fed up of it now!
Hi! Thank you, I'm really excited about our tour excursions.. should be a good mix of culture and fun
I think the Disney cruises give us a good mix of the Disney experience while visiting new places... it's funny to think I wasn't sure if we'd like the cruise when I booked it for our honeymoon, and now we cannot wait to get onboard the Fantasy this summer!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronnmel View Post
All your plans sound great! I'd love to visit some Mayan ruins, tour Grand Cayman island and have a romantic time at the spa.
Thanks Mel - soooo excited for the cruise, just under 10 weeks count down now too!

English sweets/candy

Hi everyone,

I'm putting together some little gifts bags to give to our servers and room steward on the cruise (along with the tips on the last night), and I've been buying things that say 'England' or 'London' on them (soaps, key rings, note pads etc) and would like to get some candy to put in them to.

I just wondered what candy/sweets you all think of as being very English?! I probably won't be able to bring chocolate (Cadburys mmmm!) as it will melt in the suitcases... so anything sugar-based?

Thank you!

Emma x
T
Old 04-12-2013, 04:01 PM   #403
Sweet Pea UK
DIS Veteran

Hi Emma

Congratulations on passing your exams!!! That's brilliant news!!!

Just thinking about your English sweets - how about humbugs or Cornish fudge??

Sara xx
Sweet Pea UK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2013, 04:04 PM   #404
disneybarbie
Disney Princess

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweet Pea UK View Post
Hi Emma

Congratulations on passing your exams!!! That's brilliant news!!!

Just thinking about your English sweets - how about humbugs or Cornish fudge??

Sara xx
Thanks Sara!

I'm so pleased to have finished my exams, still getting used to having free weekends with no accounting studies

Great ideas for the sweets... thank you! I'm hoping to get some sticks of rock from Brighton before we go on holiday too

Hope all is well with you & the family x

Emma x
Old 04-12-2013, 04:56 PM   #405
Leshaface
DIS Veteran

What about Turkish Delight? I love the stuff and would be so happy if someone gave that to me!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: