Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Pre-Trip Reports and Plans
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-25-2012, 05:10 PM   #376
ronnmel
DIS Veteran

Welcome back, Emma!!!

I'm glad to hear the trip was awesome and I can't wait to read all about it!
ronnmel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2012, 10:20 PM   #377
cindianne320
Mouseketeer

Welcome back! Can't wait to hear all about your latest trip!
2010- POR, 2011- POP, 2013- A of A and Disney Dream! 2014-CS
cindianne320 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-27-2012, 02:19 PM   #378
Sweet Pea UK
DIS Veteran

Hi Emma

Welcome back! We got back today so can't wait to hear about your trip xxx

Good luck with the exams xx

Sara xx
Sweet Pea UK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2012, 01:56 PM   #379
khertz
Proud member of the WHO DAT NATION!!

Glad to hear you had a great trip! We just got home today. Too bad we didn't run into each other again this year. I look forward to reading your TR!
JULY 1994 // Offsite & Universal Studios & Busch Gardens | APRIL 1998 // All Star Music & Universal Studios |FEBRUARY 2001 // All Star Music & Universal | MARCH 2003 // All Star Music & Universal // Hard Rock Hotel | FEBRUARY 2004 // All Star Music & Universal // Royal Pacific & Sea World | OCTOBER 2007 (Disneymoon!) // Port Orleans French Quarter & Universal Studios // Royal Pacific | DECEMBER 2009 // Wyndham Bonnet Creek PTR/ TR | JULY/AUGUST 2010 // Wyndham Cypress Palms TR | NOVEMBER 2011 // Wyndham Bonnet Creek PTR/TR | MAY 2012 // Disneyland // Wyndham Dolphin's Cove TR | AUGUST 2012 // Disneyland 5 Year Anniversary Trip // Peacock Suites TR | OCTOBER 2012 // Wyndham Bonnet Creek PTR/TR | OCTOBER 2013 // Wyndham Bonnet Creek & Universal // Royal Pacific PTR/"I Wanna See My Castle!" October 2013 TR | MAY 2014 // Wilderness Lodge Adventures at 40"! May 2014 TR
khertz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2012, 04:34 PM   #380
disneybarbie
Disney Princess

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronnmel View Post
Welcome back, Emma!!!

I'm glad to hear the trip was awesome and I can't wait to read all about it!
Quote:
Originally Posted by cindianne320 View Post
Welcome back! Can't wait to hear all about your latest trip!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweet Pea UK View Post
Hi Emma

Welcome back! We got back today so can't wait to hear about your trip xxx

Good luck with the exams xx

Sara xx
Quote:
Originally Posted by khertz View Post
Glad to hear you had a great trip! We just got home today. Too bad we didn't run into each other again this year. I look forward to reading your TR!

Hi all!

Sorry for the delay - please see link below for the start of my October TR!

October 2012 - Spooky, Wild, Exotic & a lot of food!

I'm afraid my exam revision has to take priority for the next few weeks but I will try and do a few updates if I can

Emma x
disneybarbie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 03:21 PM   #381
disneybarbie
Disney Princess

Hi everyone!

Hope you're all well - been a bit quiet on here but starting to think about June 2013 plans now!

So... the original plan was to go to Los Angeles after our cruise. Of course I would love to go there, especially Disneyland, but the more we thought about it - it's a really long way from Orlando... and there's so much more we want to do on the West Coast that it makes sense to visit there another time as part of a WC vacation (San Francisco, San Diego, Yosemite etc!)

Instead... after the cruise... we're going to go to.... BOSTON!!

It's a city that we both really want to visit, and is only a 3 hour flight from MCO (and then only 6.5 hours back to London ).
I've booked the flights this evening and a hotel in Boston, the Back Bay Hotel, it used to be a police station and looks like it's in a great location.

Only things left to book now are:

WDW ADRs (next weekend!)
Cruise excursions and activities
Flight from MCO to BOS - I'm thinking of booking Jet Blue, but we've never flown with them before.... what are they like?

Would love to hear any tips people have for visiting Boston!

Emma x
Old 12-13-2012, 03:48 PM   #382
monica23535
DIS Veteran

Hi Emma, Boston will be amazing!

I haven't been yet but my stepmother used to live there and she loved it.

Wow, ADR time already? Not sure where this year has gone
Polynesian CL, DCL Dream & Beach Club Oct 2012

monica23535 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 07:33 PM   #383
klacey1
DIS Veteran

Boston is great! JetBlue is a great airline-- free bags and a TV on every seat!

If you rent a car in Boston, you should go to the Wrentham outlets! They are the best outlets on the east coast and have AMAZING shopping!

The North End is good for Italian food, but the heart of Boston cuisine (IMHO) is in the pubs and seafood restaurants! There is no shortage of good pubs-- the Black Rose is fantastic, and right near Quincy Market and Faneuil Hall, which are must dos. If you like aquariums, the New England Aquarium is good (small and expensive but good).

Plymouth is a great day trip, depending on how long you have there. Harvard Square (and the college itself) is fantastic to walk around. You can just feel the history there.
klacey1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2012, 11:30 AM   #384
khertz
Proud member of the WHO DAT NATION!!

That is a great idea, to save DL for part of a bigger California trip. Originally in my head, that's what I had dreamed of doing ourselves, but the opportunity presented for a short DL-only trip, so I took it. However, I would love to do a couple of weeks visiting lots of different parts of California!

Boston is another place on the bucket list for me! How great that you will be able to add that onto your cruise vacation.
JULY 1994 // Offsite & Universal Studios & Busch Gardens | APRIL 1998 // All Star Music & Universal Studios |FEBRUARY 2001 // All Star Music & Universal | MARCH 2003 // All Star Music & Universal // Hard Rock Hotel | FEBRUARY 2004 // All Star Music & Universal // Royal Pacific & Sea World | OCTOBER 2007 (Disneymoon!) // Port Orleans French Quarter & Universal Studios // Royal Pacific | DECEMBER 2009 // Wyndham Bonnet Creek PTR/ TR | JULY/AUGUST 2010 // Wyndham Cypress Palms TR | NOVEMBER 2011 // Wyndham Bonnet Creek PTR/TR | MAY 2012 // Disneyland // Wyndham Dolphin's Cove TR | AUGUST 2012 // Disneyland 5 Year Anniversary Trip // Peacock Suites TR | OCTOBER 2012 // Wyndham Bonnet Creek PTR/TR | OCTOBER 2013 // Wyndham Bonnet Creek & Universal // Royal Pacific PTR/"I Wanna See My Castle!" October 2013 TR | MAY 2014 // Wilderness Lodge Adventures at 40"! May 2014 TR
khertz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2012, 09:20 AM   #385
disneybarbie
Disney Princess

Quote:
Originally Posted by monica23535 View Post
Hi Emma, Boston will be amazing!

I haven't been yet but my stepmother used to live there and she loved it.

Wow, ADR time already? Not sure where this year has gone
Hi! Thank you - I'm really looking forward to out trip to Boston after the cruise - I think there's going to be a lot to do

Quote:
Originally Posted by klacey1 View Post
Boston is great! JetBlue is a great airline-- free bags and a TV on every seat!

If you rent a car in Boston, you should go to the Wrentham outlets! They are the best outlets on the east coast and have AMAZING shopping!

The North End is good for Italian food, but the heart of Boston cuisine (IMHO) is in the pubs and seafood restaurants! There is no shortage of good pubs-- the Black Rose is fantastic, and right near Quincy Market and Faneuil Hall, which are must dos. If you like aquariums, the New England Aquarium is good (small and expensive but good).

Plymouth is a great day trip, depending on how long you have there. Harvard Square (and the college itself) is fantastic to walk around. You can just feel the history there.
Thanks for all the advice on Boston! DH said he would be happy to drive in Boston so I think we will rent a car for a day or two
That's great to know about JetBlue too - from the website it looked a bit like 'Easyjet' which is a low-cost airline in the UK.. but no extra cost for luggage & tv per seat sounds good to me!

Quote:
Originally Posted by khertz View Post
That is a great idea, to save DL for part of a bigger California trip. Originally in my head, that's what I had dreamed of doing ourselves, but the opportunity presented for a short DL-only trip, so I took it. However, I would love to do a couple of weeks visiting lots of different parts of California!

Boston is another place on the bucket list for me! How great that you will be able to add that onto your cruise vacation.
Hi! I think Boston will be a much better fit with our cruise than LA/Disneyland would have been... even though I'm still eager to get over to the West Coast, will just have to wait a little longer

Yesterday was the 180 day countdown until our vacation, which of course meant... ADR DAY!!

We arrive on Thursday 20th June, I've not made any reservations for that day in case we have any delays - but we'll probably head into Epcot and have a counter service meal at Japan or Mexico

On Friday 21st June we will be having dinner at...

The Be Our Guest restaurant in New Fantasyland!!

So pleased I got a reservation here, everything I've heard about it sounds wonderful... excited to eat there . That night is extra magic hours at the Magic Kingdom too so we might spend a few hours in the park after our meal too.

Then on Saturday 22nd June, we're having a pre-cruise breakfast at....

Boma!

We ate here before our cruise on honeymoon last year and it was one of the best breakfasts we've ever had! That time we were staying at Kidani Village so it was easy to walk over, but next year we'll get a cab over to AKL and then get a bus back to Hollywood Studios or Epcot - spend a little time in one of the parks, but we will probably need to be back at the Boardwalk around 11.30am for our shuttle over to Port Canaveral

Emma x
Old 12-23-2012, 02:55 PM   #386
Leshaface
DIS Veteran

Boston!! How awesome! We enjoyed our first trip there last July. It was really stinking hot and humid but so much fun.

Wow already 180 days!? Crazy! I've heard nothing but good things about Be Our Guest.

Can't wait for your cruise!

DLR: Yearly trips from 1991-2006, AP holder Jan 06 (monthly trips thru May 2008), Nov 08 DLH-Dreams, Jan 09 GCH, June 09 DLH-Magic, June 09 Desert Inn, Oct 09 Tropicana, Mar 10 GCH, May 10 Castle Inn, Nov 10 GCH, Mar 11 DLH, Nov 11 GCH, Mar 12 PPH, Apr 12 PPH, July 12 PPH, Nov 12 DLH, May 13 GCH, July 14 VGC
WDW : June 2-8, 2008 - Pop Century, January 20-28, 2010 - CSR, Dec 8-15, 2012 AKV/BWV, Oct 5-11, 2013 SSR/AKV/BLT
DCL: Dream June 2011, Wonder Dec 2011

Food and Wine? Sounds Divine! Oct 2013 TR
Our First WDW Trip as Parents - December 2012
Mexican Riviera Cruise with WONDERful Souvenir in the Works!Dream CAME True! June 21-26, 2011 TR
Food, Fun, and Frivolity: 8 Funtabulous days
Ugh, what were we thinking?! 9 days Deluxe Dining, The Crow's fly to Disneyworld! Jan 20-28, 2010 Pre-TR, DLR - The Proposal, Bouncers, and a Celebrity! June 3-6
Leshaface is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 01:41 PM   #387
disneybarbie
Disney Princess

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leshaface View Post
Boston!! How awesome! We enjoyed our first trip there last July. It was really stinking hot and humid but so much fun.

Wow already 180 days!? Crazy! I've heard nothing but good things about Be Our Guest.

Can't wait for your cruise!

Hi Lesha,

I'll have to re-read your trip report on Boston.. was it part of your Mexican Riviera cruise TR?

I'm so excited it's 2013 which means our next cruise is this year!

Boston

Over the Christmas holidays, DH and I watched the movie 'Ted'.. obviously it's not as family-friendly as a Disney movie but it is filmed in Boston... which made me excited for our vacation this summer!

We are staying at the Back Bay Hotel, which used to be a police station..

From the reviews I've read it seems like a good hotel, great location & amenities

Cruise

I'm planning to pay off the balance of our cruise this week! Which has got me thinking about our excursions and other bookings... now we're in the Castaway Cay Club, we can book from 90 days out rather than 75... so in about 10 weeks time . I'd definitely like to book dinner at Remy, and this time we'd like to try brunch at Palo rather than dinner. We're going to book another Couples' Spa Villa because it was wonderful on the Dream... then it's just the excursions to decide on!

In Grand Cayman I think we'll do one of the island tours, see the main tourist attractions such as the turtle farm and visit the town of 'Hell'! But I'm not sure about the Mexican ports yet, Costa Maya and Cozumel, we'll definitely see some Mayan ruins at one of them.. but not sure which one?!

For Castaway Cay we won't book anything, more than happy to spend a day on Serenity Bay - sunbathing/swimming/cocktail sipping! The only thing that tempts me would be to book a cabana, although that would be quite expensive for just the two of us!

Hope everyone is having a good weekend, and happy 2013!

Emma x

Old 01-05-2013, 05:33 PM   #388
Leshaface
DIS Veteran

Yes! I do believe my New England tour was on my MR TR

Oooh yay for Remy! I can't remember, did you do it in June of 2011? And such a stupendous choice in checking out the Palo Brunch! I loved it and I don't think i've ever read a bad review about Palo Brunch.

Ahh, I remember reading about your lovely day at the spa. Sounds glorious!

DLR: Yearly trips from 1991-2006, AP holder Jan 06 (monthly trips thru May 2008), Nov 08 DLH-Dreams, Jan 09 GCH, June 09 DLH-Magic, June 09 Desert Inn, Oct 09 Tropicana, Mar 10 GCH, May 10 Castle Inn, Nov 10 GCH, Mar 11 DLH, Nov 11 GCH, Mar 12 PPH, Apr 12 PPH, July 12 PPH, Nov 12 DLH, May 13 GCH, July 14 VGC
WDW : June 2-8, 2008 - Pop Century, January 20-28, 2010 - CSR, Dec 8-15, 2012 AKV/BWV, Oct 5-11, 2013 SSR/AKV/BLT
DCL: Dream June 2011, Wonder Dec 2011

Food and Wine? Sounds Divine! Oct 2013 TR
Our First WDW Trip as Parents - December 2012
Mexican Riviera Cruise with WONDERful Souvenir in the Works!Dream CAME True! June 21-26, 2011 TR
Food, Fun, and Frivolity: 8 Funtabulous days
Ugh, what were we thinking?! 9 days Deluxe Dining, The Crow's fly to Disneyworld! Jan 20-28, 2010 Pre-TR, DLR - The Proposal, Bouncers, and a Celebrity! June 3-6
Leshaface is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 03:30 PM   #389
disneybarbie
Disney Princess

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leshaface View Post
Yes! I do believe my New England tour was on my MR TR

Oooh yay for Remy! I can't remember, did you do it in June of 2011? And such a stupendous choice in checking out the Palo Brunch! I loved it and I don't think i've ever read a bad review about Palo Brunch.

Ahh, I remember reading about your lovely day at the spa. Sounds glorious!
Hi Lesha,

Yes we went to Remy during our June 2011 cruise (on the last night), and it was one of the best meals of our lives!! Can't wait to try it again on the Fantasy
We enjoyed Palo but not too worried about missing a dinner there - but I've also heard nothing but great things about Brunch.. and we'll be able to try it on one of our two sea days, or for one of the ports we don't get there until 12pm!

Hope everyone is having a good week, few bits of good news to share!

1 - we paid off our cruise balance this weekend!! It's great to be paid in full, the whole trip is pretty much booked now too - just the internal flight from MCO to BOS to book, although Jet Blue is currently showing $210 each (one way), which seemed a little high? so I'm going to leave it a while.

2 - Today I found out my results from my final accounting exam and.... I PASSED!!! I just have to wait for my experience to be assessed by the exam board, but then I can officially say I'm a qualified chartered accountant ... it's taken me sooo long to get through these exams and there's been so many times I felt like giving up... but now it's all done!!

Emma x
Old 01-15-2013, 03:51 PM   #390
monica23535
DIS Veteran

Well done for passing your exams Emma!
Polynesian CL, DCL Dream & Beach Club Oct 2012

monica23535 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: