Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Pre-Trip Reports and Plans
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-17-2011, 11:42 AM   #16
jenny105
DIS Veteran

Everything sounds great! I wonder if Be Our Guest is going to be a Signature restaurant? I'd love to try it if it's open by our trip, possibly on my birthday if I get get an ADR. I'm sure it's going to be tough!

I was thinking about Via Napoli but my clients just got back from there and ripped it so I'm iffy now lol.
Old 12-18-2011, 03:46 PM   #17
disneybarbie
Disney Princess

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenny105 View Post
Everything sounds great! I wonder if Be Our Guest is going to be a Signature restaurant? I'd love to try it if it's open by our trip, possibly on my birthday if I get get an ADR. I'm sure it's going to be tough!

I was thinking about Via Napoli but my clients just got back from there and ripped it so I'm iffy now lol.
Hi! Hmm yes maybe Be Our Guest will be a signature restaurant.. I think it's going to be counter-service during the day and table service for dinner .. like La Hacienda is in Epcot (which reminds me, that's another restaurant we're yet to try!!)

That's intersting about Via Napoli.. I think I'd still like to try it, the pizzas look delicious

Emma x
disneybarbie is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 12-18-2011, 03:49 PM   #18
disneybarbie
Disney Princess

October 2012.. pre vacation shopping!

While doing some Christmas shopping online, I decided to buy a few things to put away for next October’s trip to Disney!

These were in the sale so I had to buy them

Long grey Tinkerbell vest…

And a new theme-park bag…

I’ve put these in a box in my wardrobe to save for the trip. I did this for our last few vacations and it’s a fun way to countdown.. Disney shopping!

Old 12-18-2011, 03:52 PM   #19
disneybarbie
Disney Princess

Mnsshp...

Another thing I’ve been thinking about is… costumes for Mickey’s Not So Scary Halloween Party!

We already have pirate costumes from the Pirates in the Caribbean night on the Disney Dream, so DH might go as Jack Sparrow; but I wanted to go as something different as I think mine would be too warm in the Florida heat..

My first thought was…

Rapunzel!

But then I thought that it would be me.. and every other little girl dressed as the latest Disney princess.

So then I had another idea… here’s a hint…

Can anyone guess?!

Emma x
Old 12-18-2011, 06:57 PM   #20
ronnmel
DIS Veteran

Out of the ADRs you are planning, here are the restaurants I have visited :

Via Napoli : I have read a few not so good reviews for it, but I also have read several amazing reviews. My own experience was BEST PIZZA I've ever eaten!! It was so tasty and juicy without being watery. I'm a huge fan of thin crust pizza, so that might have helped. Ron liked it, just not nearly as much as me. A lot of the bad reviews I've read have been for the pasta dishes, or for a burnt pizza.

Narcoossee's : This was our only so-so bordering on bad experience with a waiter. She was really nice, but it seemed like fake nice (especially according to Ron). She also wouldn't let us order a glass of wine because I forgot my ID and she thought I looked underage (I was 28, but I do look a lot younger). Food wise, the Filet Mignon was incredibly delicious, and Ron really enjoyed his surf'n'turf. We had one of those late reservations, and we were seated next to a window so we got to see Wishes.

Oh how I can't wait to hear more details about Be Our Guest!!!

As for your halloween costume, I have no idea.
ronnmel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2011, 07:30 PM   #21
SOUTHERNtinkerBELLE
DIS Veteran

Your ADR ideas sound great! I want to try Via Napoli sometime soon, too. I think dinner at Narcoosees will be really special. I am sure there will be lots of reminiscing about your honeymoon! Oh my goodness, I would love for Be Our Guest to be open next October since we're thinking about going then, too!

Love the new purchases! That Tink top is really cute! I have no idea about your costume - can't wait to find out!
SOUTHERNtinkerBELLE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2011, 04:14 PM   #22
MiaBella05
DIS Veteran

joining in
Caribbean Beach - Oct. '08
Riverside - May '09

MiaBella05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2011, 03:03 PM   #23
disneybarbie
Disney Princess

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronnmel View Post
Out of the ADRs you are planning, here are the restaurants I have visited :

Via Napoli : I have read a few not so good reviews for it, but I also have read several amazing reviews. My own experience was BEST PIZZA I've ever eaten!! It was so tasty and juicy without being watery. I'm a huge fan of thin crust pizza, so that might have helped. Ron liked it, just not nearly as much as me. A lot of the bad reviews I've read have been for the pasta dishes, or for a burnt pizza.

Narcoossee's : This was our only so-so bordering on bad experience with a waiter. She was really nice, but it seemed like fake nice (especially according to Ron). She also wouldn't let us order a glass of wine because I forgot my ID and she thought I looked underage (I was 28, but I do look a lot younger). Food wise, the Filet Mignon was incredibly delicious, and Ron really enjoyed his surf'n'turf. We had one of those late reservations, and we were seated next to a window so we got to see Wishes.

Oh how I can't wait to hear more details about Be Our Guest!!!

As for your halloween costume, I have no idea.

Thanks for your thoughts on those two restaurants Mel - we really like that thin crust/slightly burnt style Italian pizza so I think we should be ok there, DH loves all pizza so I'm sure it'll be a hit with him!

The food sounds wonderful at Narcoosee's - I remember you writing about the ID experience there - we've found on a few occasions that servers in the US have questioned our UK driving licences as ID (and because I guess we look quite young, I even get asked here sometimes and our drinking age is 18! ) , and asked to see passports instead (which I don't carry around with us.. they're locked away in the room safe!) - after talking to a manager, it's then be ok to serve us, but it doesn't start the dining experience well. I understand that they need to ask but I guess they don't see many non-US licences too often!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SOUTHERNtinkerBELLE View Post
Your ADR ideas sound great! I want to try Via Napoli sometime soon, too. I think dinner at Narcoosees will be really special. I am sure there will be lots of reminiscing about your honeymoon! Oh my goodness, I would love for Be Our Guest to be open next October since we're thinking about going then, too!

Love the new purchases! That Tink top is really cute! I have no idea about your costume - can't wait to find out!
Thanks Courtney, I'm really pleased to be trying out several new restaurants next year!

I hope we do get to Narcoosee's as I'd like to get there a bit early and wander around the Grand Floridian - so many lovely memories of that resort from our honeymoon and I don't think it'll be somewhere we stay again soon - maybe a special anniversary trip?!

I hope you do get to go in October too! I'm keeping a close eye on the Disney Food Blog and other sites to see if any more details come out about the Be Our Guest restaurant - apparently there's going to be different areas like the West Wing and a two-storey ballroom!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MiaBella05 View Post
joining in
Welcome! Thanks for joining in

Any more guesses on the MNSSHP costume or shall I give another clue?!

Emma x

Old 12-24-2011, 11:01 PM   #24
ronnmel
DIS Veteran

Joyeux Noel to the both of you!!
ronnmel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2011, 11:10 AM   #25
disneybarbie
Disney Princess

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronnmel View Post
Joyeux Noel to the both of you!!
Thanks Mel! Hope you had a lovely Christmas too

Emma x
Old 01-01-2012, 03:27 PM   #26
klacey1
DIS Veteran

Of the ones on your list, the only place we've eaten is Chefs de France, which was really, really good. Zach had a steak au poivre and he loved it! My meal was just okay (gratin de macaroni), but I'd return. Also, Remy came around for our dinner-- 6:00 p.m. ADR.
I also really want to try Narcoosee's and Via Napoli! Both look amazing! We're throwing around the idea of a October 2012 trip too and I really, really hope Be Our Guest is open when we do!! I want to see some menus and hear more about it, though!
Love the Tink tank-- super cute!
klacey1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2012, 01:37 PM   #27
disneybarbie
Disney Princess

Quote:
Originally Posted by klacey1 View Post
Of the ones on your list, the only place we've eaten is Chefs de France, which was really, really good. Zach had a steak au poivre and he loved it! My meal was just okay (gratin de macaroni), but I'd return. Also, Remy came around for our dinner-- 6:00 p.m. ADR.
I also really want to try Narcoosee's and Via Napoli! Both look amazing! We're throwing around the idea of a October 2012 trip too and I really, really hope Be Our Guest is open when we do!! I want to see some menus and hear more about it, though!
Love the Tink tank-- super cute!
Hi! Thanks for the info on Chefs de France - I was looking at the menu the other day and think we'll really like it there
Fingers crossed for an October trip for you guys this year too!

Emma x
Old 01-02-2012, 01:45 PM   #28
disneybarbie
Disney Princess

some exciting news!!! ....

Happy New Year everyone!

Hope everyone had a great Christmas/holidays and New Year .. we've had a lovely time, seeing lots of family - I was very lucky and got lots of great gifts, including some Disney-inspired ones! ...

And...

I have some very exciting news!

Last edited by disneybarbie; 01-02-2012 at 01:52 PM.
Old 01-02-2012, 01:56 PM   #29
HeatherLassell
Queen of the PTR

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneybarbie View Post

And...

I have some very exciting news!

Well aren't YOU the tease!
HeatherLassell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2012, 02:15 PM   #30
disneybarbie
Disney Princess

So....

This year - we're not just going to Disney World in October...

We're going in August too!!!

We've booked to go away with DH's family August 9th for two weeks to Orlando - it's pretty close to our vacation in October (they are about 2 months apart! ), but it's their big family trip for the summer and they've asked us to come along - theyre'll be 8 of us all together.

It will be very different to our October trip as we'll be staying offsite in Orlando, and also visiting those "other parks" up the road lol

We have been on several family vacations with them, including WDW in July 2009, when we did stay onsite at the Yacht Club - but they decided this time they'd rather stay in a villa.

So this PTR will now be about three upcoming trips.. hopefully I'll have lots to post about

DH's Dad has asked me to help out with booking a few restaurants (ADR day is next month!) .. and I'd like to plan out a few surprises for everyone too

Emma x

Last edited by disneybarbie; 09-09-2012 at 01:01 PM.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: