Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Pre-Trip Reports and Plans
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-27-2012, 09:54 AM   #136
jenny105
DIS Veteran

You chose some great ADRs! Just a word about Sci Fi though, stick to the sandwiches. If you venture off that, I'm afraid you'll be disappointed. The atmosphere in there is great though.

You have some great surprises up your sleeve!
Old 02-27-2012, 10:25 AM   #137
khertz
Proud member of the WHO DAT NATION!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneybarbie View Post

I've made another clothing purchase for this year's Disney trips..

It's a new range that Uniqlo are doing - I'll probably wear this more in October, as I find it too hot to wear tshirts in the summer in Orlando and usually wear thin strapped/strapless tops instead!

Emma x
That shirt is adorable!! I checked out their site and their Disney designs are so cute. Bummer that they don't sell online in the US! I did find a cute shirt at Macy's the other day that I need to post. I have randomly found cute Disney shirts there before. DH said our wardrobes are slowly being taken over by Disney shirts!!

I'm glad you were able to get all the ADRs you wanted! We always enjoy the atmosphere at Sci-Fi but we usually stick to the burgers, which are pretty good. I have heard some not so good thing about some of their other entrees. DHS is sorely lacking in good food options!
JULY 1994 // Offsite & Universal Studios & Busch Gardens | APRIL 1998 // All Star Music & Universal Studios |FEBRUARY 2001 // All Star Music & Universal | MARCH 2003 // All Star Music & Universal // Hard Rock Hotel | FEBRUARY 2004 // All Star Music & Universal // Royal Pacific & Sea World | OCTOBER 2007 (Disneymoon!) // Port Orleans French Quarter & Universal Studios // Royal Pacific | DECEMBER 2009 // Wyndham Bonnet Creek PTR/ TR | JULY/AUGUST 2010 // Wyndham Cypress Palms TR | NOVEMBER 2011 // Wyndham Bonnet Creek PTR/TR | MAY 2012 // Disneyland // Wyndham Dolphin's Cove TR | AUGUST 2012 // Disneyland 5 Year Anniversary Trip // Peacock Suites TR | OCTOBER 2012 // Wyndham Bonnet Creek PTR/TR | OCTOBER 2013 // Wyndham Bonnet Creek & Universal // Royal Pacific PTR/"I Wanna See My Castle!" October 2013 TR | MAY 2014 // Wilderness Lodge Adventures at 40"! May 2014 TR
khertz is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-27-2012, 12:39 PM   #138
TanzUnited99
DIS Veteran

Hey Emma!

Great ADRs - I loved Sanaa when I visited. It's an excellent choice as is Chefs de France. Hope DN enjoys Akershus and meeting all the princesses

Love the surprises for you and DH as well

Tanz
TanzUnited99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2012, 01:58 PM   #139
disneybarbie
Disney Princess

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenny105 View Post
You chose some great ADRs! Just a word about Sci Fi though, stick to the sandwiches. If you venture off that, I'm afraid you'll be disappointed. The atmosphere in there is great though.

You have some great surprises up your sleeve!
Thanks for the tip Jenny! I've read really mixed reviews of the food at Sci Fi Dine In.. it seems to be somewhere people go for the atmosphere rather than food specifically. As it's lunchtime though, I'm guessing most of our party will get a burger or a sandwich .. I think we'll be sat in two cars too, as they seat 6 per car?

Quote:
Originally Posted by khertz View Post
That shirt is adorable!! I checked out their site and their Disney designs are so cute. Bummer that they don't sell online in the US! I did find a cute shirt at Macy's the other day that I need to post. I have randomly found cute Disney shirts there before. DH said our wardrobes are slowly being taken over by Disney shirts!!

I'm glad you were able to get all the ADRs you wanted! We always enjoy the atmosphere at Sci-Fi but we usually stick to the burgers, which are pretty good. I have heard some not so good thing about some of their other entrees. DHS is sorely lacking in good food options!

Hi! That's a shame about the shirts on the US website.. maybe they'll add the range soon, the online store here also has a Marvel comic range too ... hehe I think I am adding more and more Disney clothing to our wardrobes too, DH's golf polo shirts even have small classic Mickeys on them!

Thanks for the advice on Sci Fi Dine In.. your last TR was one that really made me want to try it, I think DH will love that burger with the hot dog in it too?! One reason I've booked an ADR is that DHS just doesn't seem to have a stand out counter service meal, whereas at the other three parks we have lots of favourites for lunches

Quote:
Originally Posted by TanzUnited99 View Post
Hey Emma!

Great ADRs - I loved Sanaa when I visited. It's an excellent choice as is Chefs de France. Hope DN enjoys Akershus and meeting all the princesses

Love the surprises for you and DH as well

Tanz

Hi Tanz! Thanks for the comments I'm excited to go back to Sanaa again, excuse to visit the beautiful Kidani Village resort too! I only booked it in 2009 because when I was on the phone to Disney making ADRs, they had no availability at Mama Melrose's for the night we'd planned .. and I'd just heard about this new Indian/African restaurant opening at AKL... so made a quick decision to try it! So glad we did as it was a fantastic meal; I'm looking forward to trying out two new places in World Showcase too

Emma x

Last edited by disneybarbie; 02-27-2012 at 02:04 PM.
disneybarbie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2012, 02:59 PM   #140
jenny105
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneybarbie View Post
Thanks for the tip Jenny! I've read really mixed reviews of the food at Sci Fi Dine In.. it seems to be somewhere people go for the atmosphere rather than food specifically. As it's lunchtime though, I'm guessing most of our party will get a burger or a sandwich .. I think we'll be sat in two cars too, as they seat 6 per car?[/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR]
Right, you'll be seated 2-2-2. Hopefully you can get cars near each other! Make sure you get a picture, it's a great photo op
Old 03-01-2012, 01:45 AM   #141
smile4stamps
DIS Veteran

Location: Still in CA for work but my home and heart is in Colorado!

Awesome that you were able to get all the reservations you wanted!

Just curious how much is the fireworks cruise?
smile4stamps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2012, 10:45 AM   #142
disneybarbie
Disney Princess

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenny105 View Post
Right, you'll be seated 2-2-2. Hopefully you can get cars near each other! Make sure you get a picture, it's a great photo op
Thanks for the info on Sci Fi .. hopefully we'll be sat in two cars near each other.. I'm guessing it's not a restaurant to sit and talk in anyway, we'll all be watching the movie clips!

Quote:
Originally Posted by smile4stamps View Post
Awesome that you were able to get all the reservations you wanted!

Just curious how much is the fireworks cruise?
Thanks! I'm still so pleased about the ADRs.. just the Wishes dessert party to book now, sure it'll be fine - I am checking the website every few days, just in case the August dates become available!

The speciality cruise was $275 + tax ... that is for up to 10 people, and the price includes a captain to sail the boat, sodas & snacks (before we've had a cooler of Coke/Sprite cans, crisps (potato chips) and pretzels ... you can also have private dining bring some extra food & drink to the boat, such as champagne and canapes, at an additional cost.
There is the Grand Yacht 1 too at the Grand Floridian resort... that is about $500 an hour I believe!

Emma x
Old 03-03-2012, 11:09 AM   #143
disneybarbie
Disney Princess

Hi everyone!

Not much to going on with Disney planning this week, I'm working my way through my studies ready for my accounting exams in May - so we're having a lot of quiet weekends

I did get a couple of exciting things in the post this week though!

First of all.. the latest edition of the D23 magazine arrived..

I love getting this magazine and being a D23 member!

Also.. I got sent a brochure from Disney Cruise Line!

It seemed quite topical as the Disney Fantasy arrived in New York this week for its christening ceremony, and is now on its way 'home' to Port Canaveral! it has got DH & I talking about our cruise next year - as the cruise is 7 nights, we need to decide when to fly out to Florida, where to stay before and after.. and for how many nights... plus what excursions to do in Grand Cayman and Mexico

I've been buying one item per week for our vacation in August when I do our supermarket shop (spreads the cost & is a fun way to count down the weeks!) .. and this week I was excited to find Disney Princess plasters (band-aids)!!

It was nice to see Tiana and Rapunzel have been added to the princesses

Hope everyone is having a great weekend!

Emma x

Old 03-03-2012, 07:09 PM   #144
ronnmel
DIS Veteran

OMG! Finally, someone else who calls band-aids Plasters! Ever since I was a kid we always called those plasters, and so does every francophone I know. I assumed it was what anglophones called those, but as I got older and started hanging out with anglophones (and working at an english school), I realized all anglophones around here call them band-aids and look at me like I'm an alien for calling them plasters.

Sorry, random comment over.
ronnmel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2012, 02:16 PM   #145
disneybarbie
Disney Princess

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronnmel View Post
OMG! Finally, someone else who calls band-aids Plasters! Ever since I was a kid we always called those plasters, and so does every francophone I know. I assumed it was what anglophones called those, but as I got older and started hanging out with anglophones (and working at an english school), I realized all anglophones around here call them band-aids and look at me like I'm an alien for calling them plasters.

Sorry, random comment over.
Hi Mel! This made me smile.. everyone calls them 'plasters' in England .. I do try on the boards to use US words when I'm typing - but I'm still learning which words we use differently here... for example - nappies (diapers), trainers (sneakers), football (soccer) ... !!

Emma x
Old 03-04-2012, 07:33 PM   #146
oboedm
DIS Veteran

Ah! Disneymail is the BEST! I need to be a D23 member so that I can get gorgeous magazines like that!
oboedm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2012, 03:51 PM   #147
disneybarbie
Disney Princess

Quote:
Originally Posted by oboedm View Post
Ah! Disneymail is the BEST! I need to be a D23 member so that I can get gorgeous magazines like that!
Hi! Yes it's a great magazine, I read it cover to cover .. being a D23 member in the UK probably doesn't make much sense.. I doubt they'll ever hold any special events over here, and I have to pay an addition $50 on the membership to have it mailed .. but never mind, I like being part of the official club!

Emma x
Old 03-09-2012, 03:56 PM   #148
disneybarbie
Disney Princess

August trip....

So ... it's March already.. which means, time for the next newsletter to the family for our August trip!

This month I focused on Epcot, giving a quick over-view of the park .. also links to the Disney Parks blog, the 'Visit Orlando' website and the Disney Food blog

I have most of the quiz questions planned for the next few months - can't believe this is the third edition already, the months are flying by this year!!

Hope everyone has a fun weekend planned,

Emma x
Old 03-09-2012, 07:16 PM   #149
smile4stamps
DIS Veteran

Location: Still in CA for work but my home and heart is in Colorado!

I love your newsletters! What a great way to keep the family excited without overdoing it (as much of my friends & family would say I do!!)
smile4stamps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2012, 08:03 PM   #150
cindianne320
Mouseketeer

Love the newest addition of your newsletter!

DH gave me a D23 membership for Christmas. Love it!!!
2010- POR, 2011- POP, 2013- A of A and Disney Dream! 2014-CS
cindianne320 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: