Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants > Disney Dining Reviews
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-10-2011, 08:39 PM   #1
rachel09985
DIS Veteran

Dec 2011 Dining Review- "I'm Pregnant with a FOOD Baby!"- Complete 6/21

Hi All!

No, I am not really pregnant, although I probably looked like it most of this trip from all the food I consumed!

I just got back yesterday from a 7 night, 6.5 day trip to Walt Disney World! I went with my boyfriend(Corey), his mom and dad, and his sister, brother in law, and 5 year old nephew. We had a blast and I am super sad that this trip is over, because I don't think we are going back to Disney until October 2013, after the Fantasyland expansion is complete.

We stayed at Pop Century and we had the Free Dining Plan. I only got pictures of me and my boyfriend's plate most of the time. We celebrated our anniversay while we were there so we got some special anniversary things. We have been dating for 9 years- since junior year of high school! Still no engagement ..Oh well, it will happen someday! Here is our schedule of the food that we got to experience!

Friday December 2nd:
Dinner: Pop Century

Saturday December 3rd:
Lunch: Dublin of Cookes DTD
Dinner: Cape May Cafe
Snacks: Main Street Bakery

Sunday December 4th:
Lunch: Pretzel & Hot Dog
Dinner: Pizza Planet
Snacks: Starring Rolls, Cake Pop

Monday December 5th:
Lunch: Flame Tree BBQ
Dinner: O'hana

Tuesday December 6th:
Lunch: Columbia Harbor House
Dinner: Tony's Town Square
Snacks: Christmas Party, Dole Whip Float

Wednesday December 7th:
Lunch: Le Cellier
Dinner: Biergarten
Snacks: Kaki-Gori, Karamelle Kuche

Thursday December 8th:
Breakfast: 1900 Park Fare
Lunch: La Cantina de San Angel
Dinner: Garden Grill
Snacks: Rosa Regala, Napoleon, Beignets

Friday December 9th:
Lunch: Wolfgang Puck Express

Here are pictures of all of my trips to Walt Disney World, starting in 2006!

Picture with Sister in June 2006:

Boyfriend and I for Spring Break 2008:

Boyfriend and I for his Family's Trip October 2009:

Boyfriend and I November/December 2010:

And, finally a pic(or three) from this year's Christmas Trip:

Dining Review December 2011 Dining Review June 2011 Dining Review December 2010 TR Nov 2012 Dining Review Nov 2012
1998- Dixie Landings 2005- Pop/Saratoga Springs 2008- Pop Century 2009- Pop Century 2010- Pop Century 2011 Pop Century x2! 2012 Art of Animation

Last edited by rachel09985; 06-21-2012 at 09:05 PM.
rachel09985 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2011, 08:48 PM   #2
librarygeek
DIS Veteran

You have some places listed here that I'm definitely interested in hearing about! Looking forward to more!
librarygeek is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 12-11-2011, 04:44 PM   #3
JessicaKnits
DIS Veteran

Joining in! Always love your reviews and can't wait to read more!
JessicaKnits is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2011, 05:02 PM   #4
archdandy
DIS Veteran

Joining in! I always look like I'm pregnant with a food baby when we get back from Disney!

October 2013 Port Orleans Resort
May 2013 Animal Kingdom Kidani
October 2012 Art of Animation
January 2012 Port Orleans Resort
June 2011 Coronado Springs
September 2010 All Star Sports
archdandy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2011, 05:14 PM   #5
rachel09985
DIS Veteran

Pop Century Dinner

We ate this night about 8:15. Our plane landed at 6:50. I absolutely love POP Century's food court. I think it is by the far the best at WDW! I get the same meal everytime here; the Chicken Penne Alfredo. That always is good! Here it is this time.

This wasn't the best I have had. As you can see the chicken was a little burnt around the edges, and I think the sauce was a little overdone because it is a little darker than usual. It was still good, but it could have been slightly better. I always ask for a little extra sauce because I like it saucy! I don't want to know how many calories is in this...

Corey got the pizza. Not much you can say about this besides it is the typical Disney pizza. He ate it all.

He got the Oreo cupcake for dessert. Ugh, this was so sickenly sweet. He only ate a couple of bites. I tried it and it was just so sweet. The frosting was like straight sugar.

I got the Tye Dyed Cheesecake. I don't love this dessert, but I still like it! It would be better if it wasn't Tye Dyed because I feel weird eating the bright colors. This is a reused picture.

All in all Pop Century is a solid counter service choice. As long as I get the Chicken penne Alfredo I will always enjoy it there! There is lots of selections there.

Dining Review December 2011 Dining Review June 2011 Dining Review December 2010 TR Nov 2012 Dining Review Nov 2012
1998- Dixie Landings 2005- Pop/Saratoga Springs 2008- Pop Century 2009- Pop Century 2010- Pop Century 2011 Pop Century x2! 2012 Art of Animation
Old 12-11-2011, 05:40 PM   #6
let'sgo
DIS Veteran

Can't wait to read more. I love your pictures!
let'sgo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2011, 07:11 PM   #8
rachel09985
DIS Veteran

Lunch at Dublin of Cookes

We started off the morning at MK, saw Justin Bieber perform, and then headed to DTD for lunch. We had a breakfast planned at Kona, but cancelled because we wanted to get to MK early to see Justin Bieber perform. Haha, that was fun! We had a snack at Main Street Bakery to start our day- their ginormous cinnamon rolls.

This looked better than it tasted. It always looks absolutely amazing, but it was pretty dry and a little overcooked. I like my cinnamon rolls undercooked. It wasn't horrible, but it could have been a bit better.

For lunch we went to Dublin of Cookes in DTD. I was surprised this was on the dining pan.

I got the Fish N Chips because I couldn't decide what I wanted.

I really didn't like this very much. It was too heavy. The fish was really greasy and the fish was sitting on top of the french fries so then all of the fries got covered in extra grease. The breading was very thick and greasy so I kind of picked around the breading.

Corey got the Battered Chicken Tenders. He really liked these chicken tenders, but then again, he lives on chicken tenders!

I was stoked for dessert because they had a pistachio cupcake! Corey got chocolate soft serve ice cream. They didn't have the option to pick up the ice cream after lunch so we received it with lunch, which was a bummer.

The cupcake was just blah. It had no pistachio flavor and the frosting and cupcake tasted like a boxed mix and frosting. The frosting was too sweet. Corey enjoyed his ice cream, it was very chocolatey.

I liked to try this place but I don't think I would come back here.

Old 12-12-2011, 07:16 PM   #9
rachel09985
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by librarygeek View Post
You have some places listed here that I'm definitely interested in hearing about! Looking forward to more!
Thanks for joining in. I am enjoying your review.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JessicaKnits View Post
Joining in! Always love your reviews and can't wait to read more!
Thanks! I see you have a different pre trip report up. So you had to change your trip again to March??

Quote:
Originally Posted by archdandy View Post
Joining in! I always look like I'm pregnant with a food baby when we get back from Disney!
Lol! I know, i felt soo full this entire time!

Quote:
Originally Posted by let'sgo View Post
Can't wait to read more. I love your pictures!
Thank you!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MickeyNicki View Post
I'm in Rach! You have not aged at all by the way lol. You have me really missing WDW at Xmastime...this is the first year in 6 or so that we havent seen the decorations
Thanks! I think I haven't aged because those were all taken in my 20s. Once I hit 30 it will hit me. Although, I look the same as I did in high school so maybe thats not true. Haha

Old 12-12-2011, 07:50 PM   #11
Bonniec
DIS Veteran

Im in! Cant wait to har about OHana and Garden Grill :O)
Old 12-13-2011, 09:32 AM   #13
Tracerr00
DIS Veteran

I'm joining too!! Let me just say that my boyfriend and I were also dating for 9 years as well and we finally just got engaged a few months ago! We'd been dating for so long so it's not any surprise that we'd get engaged one day so I told him that when the day came I'd like to pick out my own ring so he said "Start looking then!" That is the extent of his proposal! We're not romantic people but at least I ended up with a ring that I love!

My daughter and I are also staying at Pop next month after our Disney Cruise and I think I will try that Chicken Alfredo! Can't wait to read more!
Tracerr00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2011, 09:33 AM   #14
archdandy
DIS Veteran

I usually hear nothing but good things about Cookes of Dublin but I agree that the fish piece looks really greasy. I've had similar situations here with fish and chip restaurants. The chicken tenders do look very tasty though!

October 2013 Port Orleans Resort
May 2013 Animal Kingdom Kidani
October 2012 Art of Animation
January 2012 Port Orleans Resort
June 2011 Coronado Springs
September 2010 All Star Sports
archdandy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2011, 09:53 AM   #15
librarygeek
DIS Veteran

Pop Century looks like it has good food court items - and it looks like they give you a lot of food on your plate too!

I always feel like cinnamon buns look better than they taste, not just that one! For me, it's the type of thing where I'm good with one or two bite, but can't really eat a whole one.

Cookes of Dublin looks okay - I like some greasy food once in awhile But disappointing to hear that the desserts weren't very good!
librarygeek is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: