Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Pre-Trip Reports and Plans
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-07-2011, 08:44 PM   #1
SOUTHERNtinkerBELLE
DIS Veteran

Disney Like it Used to be...And Like it's Never Been Before! Feb. '12 PTR! TR LINK!

Hello, and welcome to my February 2012 PTR! My name is Courtney, and I am so excited to share another planning experience with you all! If you are new to my reports, thank you so much for joining in! If youíre one of my old DIS friends and are joining me again, itís good to see you here! If youíd like to catch up on any of my previous reports, I have links to all of them in my signature. If youíve read any of them, then you will know that I am an obsessive planner. I try to think about every last detail, I love lists, I make spreadsheets for everything and I pretty much over-think every decision that I possibly can. And of course, I love to share all of that craziness with you!

And so you can put a face to a nameÖ

I have pretty much grown up with Disney, and have loved it since before I can remember. There is nowhere that makes me happier than Disney, and there is no other moment that makes me more excited than driving under the welcome sign at the start of a vacation. As I mentioned, I am pretty OCD when it comes to planning and am your typical type A personality. Iím not a commando park-goer, but I do love a good touring strategy! Even though Iíve been to Disney numerous times, I love finding new things to do and explore. I am a former ride wimp, but Iíve recently broadened my horizonsÖ

Which brings me to my next introduction, the other star of my reports, my husband Miguel.

Miguel and I just got married this past June and we had a wonderful honeymoon at the Poly! Disney has been such a huge part of our relationship. It is the first place that we vacationed together, the place we went right after we got engaged and where we spent our first days as husband and wife. Miguel only came to know and love Disney recently, and he is completely different than me when it comes to touring. Heís a go with the flow type of guy and is a big thrill seeker. Somehow, we make it work and we have an absolute blast together.

So, I guess I should explain my title and what exactly I mean by Disney like it used to be, and like its never been beforeÖ

As I mentioned, Iíve been going to Disney my whole life! My grandfather had some awesome work connections that often got us free tickets and my dad has lived in Tampa (just an hour from Orlando) since before I can remember. We always went to Disney at least once, sometimes twice a year when I was younger. For me, Disney started out as a place for family vacations. A place where I got to spend time with my father and grandparents and see them bring our their inner child! Together we probably took at least 10 trips, and this February, we will be taking one more!

Thatís right, this is a family vacation!!!

Which is also why this is going to be Disney like its never been before. Miguel and I have always traveled to Disney just the two of us. Itís really become ďour placeĒ, and we have a certain way that we like to vacation. Weíve got our park touring down to a science, we know what attractions we will and wonít do and Miguel knows that he canít take a bite of food on Disney property without me taking a picture first! Sharing our place with other people and adjusting to everyone elseís preferences is going to be a bit of a challenge Iím sure, but we are both so excited to re-introduce them to Disney.

So, who is rounding out the cast on this trip?

First, my wonderful grandparents, Barbara and Jerry.

Years back my father bought the house next door to my grandparents as an investment, and nearly four years ago I moved in, so my grandparents are our neighbors! We love it and wouldnít have it any other way. I spend a lot of time with my grandparents. They are on the younger side (my grandmother is often mistaken for my mother) and they love to go, go, go! We got out to dinner together at least once a week and my grandmother and I have to have at least one shopping day each weekend. They are way more energetic than I am!

Next up, my father Jeff.

My father is an amazing dad, and we have a great time together. We are so much alike! He loves to travel, and he is always the one in charge and making the plans, so this is going to be a different kind of vacation for him, and he says he couldnít be more excited. Even though my dad lives only an hour away from Disney, he never goes and the last time he was there was when I was a little kid! I canít wait to show him a more adult side of the world.

Finally there's Mike, who is like a second father to me and a true member of our family. Mike is my dadís business partner (they co-own a real estate company). Mike has been around since I was really young and because he was never close to his family, he has always spent holidays and special occasions with ours. He lives in Tampa as well, so since Disney is so close heíll be along for the ride, too!

So there you have it Ė the cast of characters! I am so, so, so excited for this trip. I have been planning a family vacation to Disney in my mind for years now and Iím so glad weíre finally doing it. I canít wait for them to experience all of our favorite attractions, eat at our favorite restaurants and just experience Disney in a whole new way. Of course, Iím also excited to plan for 6 people instead of two Ė itís like three times the fun!

My last PTR was started one year from our trip Ė this one is kicking off with less than two months to go, so that means I should be updating like crazy! Itís going to be lots of fun, and Iím ready to get started! I hope youíll stick around, and let me know youíre here!

Up Next: Can 6 people decide on a hotel???

Last edited by SOUTHERNtinkerBELLE; 02-15-2012 at 07:11 PM.
SOUTHERNtinkerBELLE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2011, 09:08 PM   #3
Dream426
Love Disney!!

YAY!! I am joining in. I loved reading your other reports. Can't wait to hear more about your upcoming trip.

Gianna's First of Many WDW Trips March 2013!! PTR

Gianna and Sophia's First Trip to Disney World September 2014 PTR!!

Dream426 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2011, 09:11 PM   #4
belle aube
Earning My Ears

Yay! Your PTRs and TRs are so well written and a lot of fun to follow, so I'm excited for another!
1982, offsite | 1985, offsite | 1987, offsite | 1988, Caribbean Beach | 1989, Caribbean Beach | 1990, Caribbean Beach | 1992, Caribbean Beach | 1994, Disneyland | 1995, Dixie Landings | 1997, Caribbean Beach | 2008, Caribbean Beach | 2009, Coronado Springs | 2010, Disneyland | 2011, Shades of Green | 2012, Shades of Green | 2013, Shades of Green

belle aube is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2011, 09:18 PM   #5
kate14
Earning My Ears

Joining in! I loved your Disneymoon report, so I'm excited to read all about your next adventure!
Old 12-07-2011, 09:44 PM   #6
ladytink75
Mouseketeer

Joining in... I just LOVED the Honeymoon TR so I can't wait to read all about your upcoming trip in Feb
Old 12-07-2011, 10:01 PM   #7
ariel1025
DIS Veteran

You know I'm here! I love reading about your preparations - you are so organized and give me so many ideas
ariel1025 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2011, 10:21 PM   #8
Nermel9
DIS Veteran

I'm in, can't wait to read about your plans, sounds like it's gonna be a fun trip!!

My TR's/PTR's~12/13 TR~2/13 TR~11/12 TR!~11/12 PTR!~5/12 TR!~5/12 PTR!~12/11 TR!~10/11 TR!~10/11 PTR!~11/10 TR!~11/10 PTR!~Disneymoon TR 5/10!

Many family trips offsite~9/08 ASMu~11/09 WL~Disneymoon 5/10 BC~11/10 POR~10/11 WL~12/11 Pop~5/12 BC~11/12 AoA/POR~2/13 AKL/BLT~12/13-Pop~9/14 PoFQ/CBR/AKV~12/14 Pop
Nermel9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2011, 10:28 PM   #9
SweetMommy
DIS Veteran

Your honeymoon TR was the first I found of yours and I loved it so I'm definitely along for this PTR!
Old 12-07-2011, 11:22 PM   #10
pjennings
Mouseketeer

Joining in. Looking forward to hearing all about it! I enjoyed reading your Honeymoon TR. Thanks for sharing with us!
Old 12-07-2011, 11:55 PM   #11
WDWCP96
DIS Veteran

Joining in! Loved reading your honeymoon TR and can't wait to hear how the planning for this one goes.

Fall 1996-College Program,1997-1998-Seasonal Employee, April 1999-Off-site, July 2002-Off-site and Disney Cruise,May 2008-Off-site,May 2009-All-Star Movies,October 2010-DVC owners first stay at BLT, June 2011-Boardwalk Villas/Old Key WestNov. 2012-AKL/BLT, June/July 2013-Fort Wildernesss campground/VWL, June/July 2014-POP Century/Fort Wilderness Campground/POR-Royal Room
WDWCP96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2011, 04:29 AM   #12
LutheranChick82
I love Disney!

Joining in! I loved your Disneymoon TR and can't wait to read all about your family vacation!
Read all about our wedding here
Old 12-08-2011, 08:30 AM   #13
MiaBella05
DIS Veteran

joining in
Caribbean Beach - Oct. '08
Riverside - May '09
Yacht Club CL - Aug. '14, Oct. '14

MiaBella05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2011, 09:13 AM   #14
CtinaDitty
Disney Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by SOUTHERNtinkerBELLE View Post

I have pretty much grown up with Disney, and have loved it since before I
can remember.... Miguel only came to know and love Disney recently, and he is completely different than me when it comes to touring. Heís a go with the flow type of guy and is a big thrill seeker. Somehow, we make it work and we have an absolute blast together.
First of all, that is EXACTLY my fiance and me! How funny!!

I am so excited for your new PTR! I'm going to Disney in 8 days!! WOO!
CtinaDitty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2011, 12:25 PM   #15
Jennifer48
Not a Disney bride but engaged and honeymooned at Disney!

I'm heeeeeeeeeeeeere!

I love your family dynamic. Sounds like this trip is going to be a blast! I guess we know where you get your trip planning skills from, dad!
Aulani: '13
My Latest Invention: The Traffic-eliminator-inator!
A Road Trip Engagement
Best Friends and New Friends - A MAGICal Tale
My First Disney Cruise Trip Report
Jennifer48 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: