DVC RESALES
DVC RESALES

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Vacation Club > DVC Resorts
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 10-15-2012, 09:41 AM   #901
Homemom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by CruznLexi View Post
Anyone know the price of the character breakfast ?
Last month it was $16.99 for adults and $10.99 for children 3-9.

WDW: Sept 04, Dec 05, Jan 09, Nov 11, Sept 12, Feb 14
DL: Feb 05, April 06, Feb 07, Oct 07, Sept 10, Jan 12, Jan 13
DCL: Jan 10, Oct 13
Old 10-17-2012, 11:51 AM   #902
glennbo123
DIS Veteran

Hey everyone. I just wanted to make you aware of a couple of in-progress trip reports that include Vero Beach stays. Both are part-way through the Vero Beach portion.

The first is my DIS-friend Cynthia's (eandesmom) and can be found here.

The second is mine, and can be found here.

They both have links in the first or second post, if you'd like to skip right to Vero Beach chapters.

Enjoy!
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-17-2012, 02:34 PM   #903
dreamlinda
"dance to the music in your heart"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kendallkat2 View Post
We have been going to Disney Vero Beach Resort since we bought points there in '98. We love the area. So because we love the area so much we bought our retirement condo right across the street from Disney Vero Beach Resort at Coralstone. Coralstone's property boarders Disney's park lot across A1A. Our beach access it to the right of the resort. Now all we have to do is retire which won't be for another 3 years. Maybe I'll get a job at the resort.

The only problem is that now we might never stay at Disney's Vero Beach Resort again.

Beth
We did the same thing this summer, only across the bridge in Pelican Pointe. Also will be awhile before we can spend real time there, but we are ready. Another VBR couple bought there this summer also. Guess we will all be working together someday We may stay at VBR if we have excess family company ~ just let them stay at the condo and we will slide out and over to the peace and quite of the resort....

Old 10-17-2012, 07:00 PM   #904
DisDaydreamer
I have this DIS-ease

DVC Gold Member
Paid DVC Rent/Trade
Gold Membership

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisareniff View Post
Well it looks like we will be giving up part of our signature...

Currently in the process of selling our VB points. A few reasons; a few two many points, that reallocation a couple years ago really hurt our plans, were feeling very uncomfortable owning beach front with global warming, and DD is looking a $$$$ colleges

I'm sure we will still visit VB but feel more comfortable this way.
Hey, Lisa, Understandable circumstances... I have never owned at VB, but have enjoyed it nonetheless. Hope you get a good price. And I expect you to stay involved in this thread...

Old 10-17-2012, 07:28 PM   #905
rickgoulette
Earning My Ears

First time looking at VBR

I was hoping I could get some advice. We normally stay by the parks the whole time we are in Florida and we are debating on giving VBR a try for Nov 18-20 before we start our normal vacation at the parks for a week. Is there enough to do at that time of the year the kids and my wife will no kill me for keeping them away from the parks?

Is there any thing you would say is a must do. My family is my DW, DS 11, DD 9, DD 7 and I. We have talked about giving it a try for years but always opt for the park.

Thanks for any advice.
Old 10-17-2012, 08:17 PM   #906
chepic
I tear up whenever I hear "Welcome Home." Some people say I have "issues."

Quote:
Originally Posted by rickgoulette View Post
I was hoping I could get some advice. We normally stay by the parks the whole time we are in Florida and we are debating on giving VBR a try for Nov 18-20 before we start our normal vacation at the parks for a week. Is there enough to do at that time of the year the kids and my wife will no kill me for keeping them away from the parks?

Is there any thing you would say is a must do. My family is my DW, DS 11, DD 9, DD 7 and I. We have talked about giving it a try for years but always opt for the park.

Thanks for any advice.
We did a split stay this summer for the first time and my boys...7 and 11 said they loved it and want to do it again in April! Of course this was summer so we spent the 4 days pretty much on the beach or in the pool.
With that said, they had tons of different activities for families/kids/or just adults to keep you busy the entire week...just at the resort. They also offer excursions away. We tried to get in on the kayak trip but it was booked solid. There are the usual things....ping pong, mini golf, pool games, arts and crafts, and also crochet and bocce that you can play on the lawn. They have a great area where they light a fire at night to roast marshmellows. There spa is wonderful so I am certain the girls can all get their toes/fingers done.

I do, recommend that Vero is at the tail end of the trip, since it really is about relaxing there. Even the boys thought it was great to end the trip that way and both said they wouldn't like it the other way around.

I think you should try it, if you can get a room.

Cheryl
Old 10-17-2012, 09:35 PM   #907
sarahk0204
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by glennbo123 View Post
Hey everyone. I just wanted to make you aware of a couple of in-progress trip reports that include Vero Beach stays. Both are part-way through the Vero Beach portion.

The first is my DIS-friend Cynthia's (eandesmom) and can be found here.

The second is mine, and can be found here.

They both have links in the first or second post, if you'd like to skip right to Vero Beach chapters.

Enjoy!
Thank you! Both are really helping me get into the spirit!
Old 10-19-2012, 11:02 AM   #908
omalley1118
DIS Veteran

Thanks for the great advice!! We are staying at VWL 11/1-11/5 and then heading to Vero for our first trip there ever. We will be there for 4 days. The kids only think ew are going to VERO!!! I am looking forward to trying something different. Are there any restaurants that are more economical and kid friendly near by?
Old 10-19-2012, 11:26 AM   #909
glennbo123
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarahk0204

Thank you! Both are really helping me get into the spirit!
You're welcome! There doesn't seem to be a lot of Vero Beach trip reports out there, so thought I'd advertise them.
Old 10-19-2012, 06:42 PM   #910
floridafam
DIS Veteran

If you are at the resort right now, there is an INCREDIBLE lightning storm south of town. I have never seen anything like it.
Old 10-20-2012, 07:30 AM   #911
dvcnewgirl
Williamsburg, VA
I don't care if I die early bring back the fried pie!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by starbox View Post
If you love the turtles and want a chance to get up close and personal (and see hatchlings), you may want to consider a day trip to Juno Beach - the area's turtle "hospital" and rehabilitation center. It's funded in part by the Disney Conservation Fund you donate to at Animal Kingdom. It's a great facility with a museum and hospital you can view. There are lots of turtles and they have tons of hatchlings that they rescue and release. It's very worth a trip and there's a great beach right next to it! http://marinelife.org/

Thanks for this. We are going to Vero for the 1st time April 2-4. My daughter ould love to go here. It will make her trip!

Old 10-23-2012, 07:40 PM   #912
DisDaydreamer
I have this DIS-ease

DVC Gold Member
Paid DVC Rent/Trade
Gold Membership

We need a new thread manager for 2013. It is easy to do. I'll help you get going and give you any help you need along the way. All of the following have been top posters in this 2012 thread. I hope one of you (or any interested VB friend) will step up and take the thread for the next year. I am going to ask the mods to lock this thread 11/1/2012. So, we need a new thread, new blood, new ideas, new energy. Someone, do it. Please speak up soon so we can give everyone something to look forward to.

tikimimi
chepic
sarahk0204
PammyK
tillerrw
Lauralooneyfordisney
dreamlinda
floridafam
DVCconvert
backyardponder
lovin'fl
DrMomof3
JMTStone
Pattiwig
wigdoutdismom
Catira
pixie08
starbox
dort
glennbo123
iloveokw
scootert

Old 10-27-2012, 05:19 PM   #913
DisDaydreamer
I have this DIS-ease

DVC Gold Member
Paid DVC Rent/Trade
Gold Membership

Seems I've killed the thread already. Bump!

Old 10-28-2012, 10:03 AM   #914
dreamlinda
"dance to the music in your heart"

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisDaydreamer View Post
Seems I've killed the thread already. Bump!
It's not just on you Rob, you have been a great moderator! I think the VBR thread just has less traffic this time of year.
Old 10-28-2012, 10:20 AM   #915
tikimimi
Pixie - Sgt. at Arms of the Pancake Sisters

I love the thread and would love to take it on; however, I can't do it before January 7. I would if I could, but I know I can't give it anywhere near the needed time before then.

Closed Thread

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: