DVC RESALES
DVC RESALES

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Vacation Club > DVC Resorts
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 09-23-2012, 11:26 AM   #871
dwelty
"God Bless 'em, let 'em pee"-Roy Disney

Quote:
Originally Posted by tikimimi

Havign never surfed in CA, I have to say - I have seen plenty of surfers in the area when we have visited, but in my mind, what I picture as surfing in CA and see in movies - I don't think he'd be happy surfing there. I could be wrong, but... Many moons ago I learned to surf in the Atlantic - just further north - and it was great for someone learning because the waes were small. If you're lucky enough to catch a storm offshore, they get bigger, but really, I can't imagine he'd find the waves there satisfying. Nearby you'll find - http://surf-n-style.com/Board-Rental...each-Shop.html and this site might be helpful - http://www.verobeach.com/surfing.html
thanks for the quick feedback! I will save the surf shop link, and let him evaluate the waves when he gets there and he can decide. I would rather save the rental fee if the waves are not to his liking.

Old 09-23-2012, 02:24 PM   #872
PammyK
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by dwelty View Post
Hi everybody, first of all I would like to thank everyone for all of their great posts! We will be arriving Sunday for our first ever trip to Vero Beach. I have a question for the group. We live in Southern California and my 22 year old son is an avid surfer. He surfs often in San Diego and has also surfed in Hawaii. He would really like the opportunity to be able to surf a little while we are the, but I have some questions. First of all where can he rent a surf board, and second, would it really be worth it? Do people often surf in that area or are the waves too small to make it enjoyable? Any advice would be appreciated.

thanks!
The waves tend to be pretty small, though when I was there during the week of Labor Day we had some pretty nice waves toward the end of the week. One of the problems though, at least in my mind, is that the waves near the resort tend to form and break pretty close to shore so even when the waves are bigger, they're not always great for surfing. However, there seemed to be a nice sandbar about 200 yards or so south of the resort that created some nice offshore waves and attracted several surfers. In addition, there always seem to be at least a couple surfers trying to catch a few waves at the Wabasso public (guarded) beach just north of the resort.
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-24-2012, 08:32 PM   #873
Pig Pen
To all who have come to this happy place...welcome.

I just booked a last minute trip for this week - check-in on Thursday 9/27, check-out on Saturday 9/29 (wanted to stay until Sunday, but no DVC rooms are available Sat night).

VB is my home resort but it's only my 2nd visit there. Had to use up 8 hours of vacation time before Oct 1 so it was a great excuse to go to the beach!
Old 09-25-2012, 07:35 AM   #874
bobbiwoz
I'm happy to dance with you
I have 2 opinions
We had tried usual things to keep them away, including something like coyote urine, it is sold in hardware stores by us

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pig Pen View Post
I just booked a last minute trip for this week - check-in on Thursday 9/27, check-out on Saturday 9/29 (wanted to stay until Sunday, but no DVC rooms are available Sat night).

VB is my home resort but it's only my 2nd visit there. Had to use up 8 hours of vacation time before Oct 1 so it was a great excuse to go to the beach!
Enjoy your stay!
Old 09-25-2012, 08:28 AM   #875
Homemom
DIS Veteran

Leaving today . But, it was a great week! Heading to BLT and MNSSHP tonight!

WDW: Sept 04, Dec 05, Jan 09, Nov 11, Sept 12, Feb 14
DL: Feb 05, April 06, Feb 07, Oct 07, Sept 10, Jan 12, Jan 13
DCL: Jan 10, Oct 13
Old 09-25-2012, 04:02 PM   #876
Tink316
Mouseketeer

Online Check-In

When I made our reservation, I had requested specific buildings and rooms, if available. (I realize requests are just that - and not guaranteed).

That said, do you think it's best to check in when we get to the resort - to see if we can get the requested rooms...or if we check-in online do we have just as good a chance for the requested rooms.

This is our first time at VB so not sure what's the best thing to do. When we go to WDW, we usually use the online check-in and have never had any issues.

Thanks!!

Only 9 more days!!
Old 09-25-2012, 04:05 PM   #877
wigdoutdismom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tink316 View Post
When I made our reservation, I had requested specific buildings and rooms, if available. (I realize requests are just that - and not guaranteed).

That said, do you think it's best to check in when we get to the resort - to see if we can get the requested rooms...or if we check-in online do we have just as good a chance for the requested rooms.

This is our first time at VB so not sure what's the best thing to do. When we go to WDW, we usually use the online check-in and have never had any issues.

Thanks!!

Only 9 more days!!
I really like to go up to the desk to check in. You can let the CM know what you are hoping for in the way of room request....
Old 09-25-2012, 04:28 PM   #878
Tink316
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by wigdoutdismom View Post
I really like to go up to the desk to check in. You can let the CM know what you are hoping for in the way of room request....
Thanks! I'm going to take your advice...can't wait to let everyone know how it goes!
Old 09-26-2012, 08:38 AM   #879
JMTStone
Mouseketeer

Woo Hoo

Add us on the list AGAIN. We return to Vero on 4/26/2013 - 5/1/2013 before we go down to Miami to board the Wonder.

Woo Hoo!
Old 09-26-2012, 11:30 AM   #880
floridafam
DIS Veteran

http://www.tcpalm.com/news/2012/sep/...et-state-park/
Old 09-26-2012, 09:40 PM   #881
sarahk0204
DIS Veteran

Ouch!
Old 09-27-2012, 06:01 AM   #882
bobbiwoz
I'm happy to dance with you
I have 2 opinions
We had tried usual things to keep them away, including something like coyote urine, it is sold in hardware stores by us

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarahk0204 View Post
Ouch!
Hadn't understood the post until I read the story!
Old 09-28-2012, 08:30 AM   #883
n2mm
aka WALTSGIRL

We are thinking of taking a day trip to visit VB during our next WDW trip (in 2 weeks). The family wants to visit in the future (May 2013), so since we (just the 2 of us right now) are in WDW for 2 weeks starting Oct. 12, we are/were thinking of driving to VB for the day. We thought we would have a nice lunch (recommendations please) and visit the beach area. I did see on the DVC website that pool hopping is allowed, though not sure if we want to do that, but might pack our suits anyhow. Has anyone done this recently? Should we bring beach towels? We will be staying at the BWV, so we can prove we are WDW guest. Can we access the beach? Since this next trip is a long one, we certainly have the time to visit. I tried to read this thread, but it's huge and it seems almost everyone loves their stay here.

Old 09-28-2012, 01:07 PM   #884
Tink316
Mouseketeer

Anniversary Dinner

While we are at VB (Oct 8), DH and will celebrate our 24th wedding anniversary. Would like to surprise him with a nice dinner by ourselves. Since the family will be with us, he won't be expecting anything.

This is our first trip to VB so not too familiar with the area. We have been to Sebastian once and went to Capt Hiram's. So would like to try a new place either on property or in a nearby town. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks!

Old 09-28-2012, 08:46 PM   #885
wigdoutdismom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tink316 View Post
While we are at VB (Oct 8), DH and will celebrate our 24th wedding anniversary. Would like to surprise him with a nice dinner by ourselves. Since the family will be with us, he won't be expecting anything.

This is our first trip to VB so not too familiar with the area. We have been to Sebastian once and went to Capt Hiram's. So would like to try a new place either on property or in a nearby town. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks!

We really enjoy "Ocean Grill". IF you decide to go for dinner, go early. We usually show up and get our names on the list 30 minutes prior to opening and then shop around in their gift shop. We also ask for a window seat. They have a crab augratin that is to die for! They also have a yummy selection of desserts.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: