DVC RESALES
DVC RESALES

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Vacation Club > DVC Resorts
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 09-11-2012, 03:03 PM   #856
scootert
DIS Veteran

Hales closed?

I just looked at the website for Hale's Grove and it looks like the retail stores in Wabasso and Vero are closed for remodeling... can anyone confirm? Thanks
Old 09-12-2012, 10:18 AM   #857
magicmommy
DIS Veteran

I just called to confirm and was told they plan to open around October 15th. Whew! We arrive in Vero on the 14th so as long as they open before we head beck to WDW on the 19th I'll be all set.
Register to remove

Old 09-13-2012, 04:58 PM   #858
elleinad16
One of 11 couples to tie the knot at Disney World on 11-11-11!

Just wanted to share that I had a great 1st visit at Vero Beach last week!

Everything from the beach, pool, restaurants, villas, cast members, were all AMAZING!
My family and I had the time of our lives...and it is the only vacation location that my mother has asked to do a repeat trip for.

Thanks for sharing all the info and recommendations in this thread--It was all very useful.

And if anyone here would like to read more about our Vero Beach trip, here is the link: Let's Try Something New...Florida's Treasure Coast?: A Vero Beach TR!
November 2003 - WDW: Yacht Club CL December 2004 - DLR: Offsite December 2005 - DLR: Offsite August 2006 - DCL: Disney Wonder-Bahamas May 2009 - WDW: Coronado Springs September 2009 - DLR: Inaugural D23 Expo May 2010 - WDW: Port Orleans French Quarter August 2010 - WDW: POP Century November 2010 - D23: Fantasia Boston Event March 2011 - WDW: Day Trip May 2011 - WDW: Wilderness Lodge CL November 2011 - WDW: Grand Floridian for our Disney Fairy Tale Wedding May 2012 - D23: Boston FANniversary Event & WDW: Caribbean Beach September 2012 - DVC: Vero Beach October 2012 - D23: Wreck-It Ralph Boston Event February 2013 - WDW : Art of Animation May 2014 - DVC: Hilton Head Island!
Old 09-17-2012, 09:39 AM   #859
jjk3
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjk3 View Post
I just booked out family's first trip to Vero Beach!! We are all extremely excited.

We will be in an OVIR from September 29 to October 5 (staying the night of Oct. 5 in Orlando due to an early morning flight).

This thread has been a great source of information. Thanks everyone for their willingness to share!

As I mentioned, we have an early flight out on Saturday, October 6. However, I just realized that there is a MNSSHP on Friday, October 5! We may have to change plans - leave Vero Beach at lunchtime, stay at WDW on Friday night, and attend the party. We'll have to wait and see. My wife made me promise no WDW on this trip. We just got back a week ago from nine nights and are not supposed to go back until 2014. We are planning on HHI next summer instead. But we had such a blast at last year's MNSSHP (our first), I may be able to convince her. Wish me luck!

Regardless, can't wait for our trip to VB in October!
Not a big deal, but I noticed I was not on the roster so I thought I would update as we have a slight change of plans - we will be there for our first trip to VB from 9/29 through 10/4. We are heading up to WDW for two night to catch a MNSSHP.

Can't wait - less than two weeks!
Old 09-17-2012, 10:14 AM   #860
floridafam
DIS Veteran

Can you buy park tickets at Vero?

Thanks
Old 09-17-2012, 03:18 PM   #861
dreamlinda
"dance to the music in your heart"

Quote:
Originally Posted by floridafam View Post
Can you buy park tickets at Vero?

Thanks
Yes, in the gift shop. We did last year so am guessing it's still possible.
Old 09-17-2012, 05:49 PM   #862
DisDaydreamer
I have this DIS-ease

DVC Gold Member
Paid DVC Rent/Trade
Gold Membership

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjk3 View Post
Not a big deal, but I noticed I was not on the roster so I thought I would update as we have a slight change of plans - we will be there for our first trip to VB from 9/29 through 10/4. We are heading up to WDW for two night to catch a MNSSHP.

Can't wait - less than two weeks!
Got you on the Roll Call... sorry I missed you.

Old 09-18-2012, 08:16 AM   #863
Homemom
DIS Veteran

We leave tomorrow! I'm too excited and can't wait to get on beach!

WDW: Sept 04, Dec 05, Jan 09, Nov 11, Sept 12, Feb 14
DL: Feb 05, April 06, Feb 07, Oct 07, Sept 10, Jan 12, Jan 13
DCL: Jan 10, Oct 13
Old 09-18-2012, 05:40 PM   #864
DisDaydreamer
I have this DIS-ease

DVC Gold Member
Paid DVC Rent/Trade
Gold Membership

Quote:
Originally Posted by Homemom View Post
We leave tomorrow! I'm too excited and can't wait to get on beach!
Have a wonderful time

Old 09-20-2012, 12:54 PM   #865
Homemom
DIS Veteran

After several delays we finally checked in at 11 pm last night. Had an empty beach this morning and the pool all to ourselves. The weather is gorgeous, one week won't be enough!

WDW: Sept 04, Dec 05, Jan 09, Nov 11, Sept 12, Feb 14
DL: Feb 05, April 06, Feb 07, Oct 07, Sept 10, Jan 12, Jan 13
DCL: Jan 10, Oct 13
Old 09-20-2012, 05:33 PM   #866
DisDaydreamer
I have this DIS-ease

DVC Gold Member
Paid DVC Rent/Trade
Gold Membership

Quote:
Originally Posted by Homemom View Post
After several delays we finally checked in at 11 pm last night. Had an empty beach this morning and the pool all to ourselves. The weather is gorgeous, one week won't be enough!

Old 09-22-2012, 05:22 AM   #867
*KeepMovingForward*

DIS Veteran

Tables In Wonderland at Vero Beach

We are taking our first trip to Disney's Vero Beach in a few weeks and noticed that they accept the TIW discount at their restaurants. I have to renew mine. Does anyone know if I can renew it at Vero? We will be going to Disney after a week at Vero and I know I don't have time to renew by mail.
Old 09-22-2012, 08:15 PM   #868
belleandmaddysmom
Earning My Ears

Can anyone recommend who whe should book an Airboat tour through? I have seen several different options, but wanted some opinions. Thanks!
Old 09-23-2012, 08:40 AM   #869
dwelty
"God Bless 'em, let 'em pee"-Roy Disney

Hi everybody, first of all I would like to thank everyone for all of their great posts! We will be arriving Sunday for our first ever trip to Vero Beach. I have a question for the group. We live in Southern California and my 22 year old son is an avid surfer. He surfs often in San Diego and has also surfed in Hawaii. He would really like the opportunity to be able to surf a little while we are the, but I have some questions. First of all where can he rent a surf board, and second, would it really be worth it? Do people often surf in that area or are the waves too small to make it enjoyable? Any advice would be appreciated.

thanks!

Old 09-23-2012, 10:09 AM   #870
tikimimi
Pixie - Sgt. at Arms of the Pancake Sisters

Quote:
Originally Posted by dwelty View Post
Hi everybody, first of all I would like to thank everyone for all of their great posts! We will be arriving Sunday for our first ever trip to Vero Beach. I have a question for the group. We live in Southern California and my 22 year old son is an avid surfer. He surfs often in San Diego and has also surfed in Hawaii. He would really like the opportunity to be able to surf a little while we are the, but I have some questions. First of all where can he rent a surf board, and second, would it really be worth it? Do people often surf in that area or are the waves too small to make it enjoyable? Any advice would be appreciated.

thanks!
Havign never surfed in CA, I have to say - I have seen plenty of surfers in the area when we have visited, but in my mind, what I picture as surfing in CA and see in movies - I don't think he'd be happy surfing there. I could be wrong, but... Many moons ago I learned to surf in the Atlantic - just further north - and it was great for someone learning because the waes were small. If you're lucky enough to catch a storm offshore, they get bigger, but really, I can't imagine he'd find the waves there satisfying. Nearby you'll find - http://surf-n-style.com/Board-Rental...each-Shop.html and this site might be helpful - http://www.verobeach.com/surfing.html

Closed Thread

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: