DVC RESALES
DVC RESALES

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Vacation Club > DVC Resorts
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 08-11-2012, 08:20 PM   #766
glennbo123
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Galahad

Thanks

Our Vero Beach trip is 9/8 to 9/15. We are DVB owners since it first opened but haven't stayed there in years. Really looking forward to it!
I'm sure you'll have a great time! The water will still be warm, but most kids will be back in school....should be a great time to go.
Old 08-12-2012, 05:07 PM   #767
chepic
I tear up whenever I hear "Welcome Home." Some people say I have "issues."

short TR

Just back from a wonderful trip to OKW and then Vero from Wed-Sat. The weather was fabulous. We stayed in an Inn Room with a ocean view and ended up right next to our in-laws with a connecting door....worked out great with the kids in bed and we sat on the other porch to have a few cocktails.

On Thurs, we rented the umbrella with 2 chairs. I also found 2 kid size beach chairs near the decking that were bright green....no one was using them so I thought that they might be a diser's that left behind for use, so my kids used them. When we were done, put them right back next to the deck! The beach was great, the waves really were managable for the kids to body surf in, and I felt like I had a spa treatment at the end of the day with my legs sooooo smooth!

Ate at shutters, by the pool, and at the green cabin....all which were very good. Also, ordered pizza from the place next door (recommended by a CM) very reasonable and very delicious.

Walked the beach each morning and was blessed with beautiful sun rises and also was multiple turtle nests that had just been made and a few that had hatched. I was so fortunate enough to be standing near one when a Animal Kingdom worker came to dig it up and tag it. She let me actually hold the egg.........and I was so caught up in the moment that I didn't take a picture!! My kids were so mad at me that I went without them, so the next day I got us all up to see the sun and the nests. Saw a few new ones but the workers on Friday didn't seem to want anyone overseeing them.

Friday, spent the day at the pool. Got there nice and early and grabbed a table with an umbrella. Played pool games; the kids had a fabulous time and I am so glad that the weather was great.

Met quite a few DVCer/disboards peeps and really relaxed on the 2nd half of the vacation.

Overall a great time and looking forward to another trip.

Cheryl
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-13-2012, 05:56 PM   #768
emma'smom
P.S. Who would serve turnips at a wedding?

Spent M-f here last week and had a nice time and the facilities were lively.

However, we are still suffering from the aftermath off the noseeum bites. We are so miserable that it's discouraging to think about going back just because of the bugs. We covered ourselves in DEET to no avail. My daughter has over 200 bites on her legs alone-- which are now red welts. What a souvenir! Is there ever a season without these pests?
Old 08-13-2012, 07:11 PM   #769
DisDaydreamer
I have this DIS-ease

DVC Gold Member
Paid DVC Rent/Trade
Gold Membership

Quote:
Originally Posted by chepic View Post
Just back from a wonderful trip to OKW and then Vero from Wed-Sat. The weather was fabulous. We stayed in an Inn Room with a ocean view and ended up right next to our in-laws with a connecting door....worked out great with the kids in bed and we sat on the other porch to have a few cocktails.

On Thurs, we rented the umbrella with 2 chairs. I also found 2 kid size beach chairs near the decking that were bright green....no one was using them so I thought that they might be a diser's that left behind for use, so my kids used them. When we were done, put them right back next to the deck! The beach was great, the waves really were managable for the kids to body surf in, and I felt like I had a spa treatment at the end of the day with my legs sooooo smooth!

Ate at shutters, by the pool, and at the green cabin....all which were very good. Also, ordered pizza from the place next door (recommended by a CM) very reasonable and very delicious.

Walked the beach each morning and was blessed with beautiful sun rises and also was multiple turtle nests that had just been made and a few that had hatched. I was so fortunate enough to be standing near one when a Animal Kingdom worker came to dig it up and tag it. She let me actually hold the egg.........and I was so caught up in the moment that I didn't take a picture!! My kids were so mad at me that I went without them, so the next day I got us all up to see the sun and the nests. Saw a few new ones but the workers on Friday didn't seem to want anyone overseeing them.

Friday, spent the day at the pool. Got there nice and early and grabbed a table with an umbrella. Played pool games; the kids had a fabulous time and I am so glad that the weather was great.

Met quite a few DVCer/disboards peeps and really relaxed on the 2nd half of the vacation.

Cheryl
So glad it all went so well

Old 08-13-2012, 07:14 PM   #770
DisDaydreamer
I have this DIS-ease

DVC Gold Member
Paid DVC Rent/Trade
Gold Membership

Quote:
Originally Posted by emma'smom View Post

However, we are still suffering from the aftermath off the noseeum bites. We are so miserable that it's discouraging to think about going back just because of the bugs. We covered ourselves in DEET to no avail. My daughter has over 200 bites on her legs alone-- which are now red welts. What a souvenir! Is there ever a season without these pests?
So sorry about the noseeums. Deet is useless. Picaradin is a much more effective product. At dusk and dawn unless you are right down at the surf you should have long pants and socks. It is much better when it heats up during the day.

Old 08-13-2012, 08:38 PM   #771
CaliforniaDreaming
#1 Grand Floridian Fan/Expert

Quote:
Originally Posted by emma'smom View Post

I've been there twice in May where the love bugs have been so bad you can't even sit by the pool or on your balcony. I'd love to know when the best time to avoid the various bugs are!
Old 08-13-2012, 09:13 PM   #772
downontheBW

DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaliforniaDreaming View Post
I've been there twice in May where the love bugs have been so bad you can't even sit by the pool or on your balcony. I'd love to know when the best time to avoid the various bugs are!
Wow, it seems like there are a few really bad bug seasons! We were there last year over Halloween week and didn't have any bug problems. I sat on the balcony for hours without one bite. Is it normally good in the fall or were we just lucky?

Heidi

Old 08-13-2012, 09:45 PM   #773
disneydreaming92701
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by downontheBW

Wow, it seems like there are a few really bad bug seasons! We were there last year over Halloween week and didn't have any bug problems. I sat on the balcony for hours without one bite. Is it normally good in the fall or were we just lucky?
We are considering vero but when ate the bugs bad? My dd would be miserable.
Old 08-13-2012, 11:57 PM   #774
hmillerbarilla
DIS Veteran

I asked this question (well one of these questions) on an older thread, but you all are the experts so thought I'd ask again here.

I'm thinking of doing Vero for part of our Break (if available) and I don't want to use points. Are there ever cash discounts for peak season? Is there ever an AP rate?

I have 3 kids--my youngest will be three. Is my only option a 1BD? Those Inn rooms are all just for 4 people, right? With only 3 villa buildings I'm worried it will be difficult to get a 1BD on cash.

Thanks for your help!
82, 86, 91-Poly, 94-CBR, 95-CBR, 97-CBR, 98-CR/CBR, 99-CBR, 02-POFQ, 04-CBR, 05-CBR, 06-ASMu, 06-CBR, 07-CBR, 08-BWV, 09-Poly/GF, 09-POP/OKW,10-POR/WL/BLT,10-SSR/CR/BLT,10-OKW,10-YC/BCV, 11-BWV/OKW/BCV, 12-POR/BLT, 12-SSR, 12-AKV/BLT,12-SSR, 13-BWV, 13-AKV, 13-CBR, 13-CSR, 14-AKV/SSR, 14-CBR/POFQ, 14-ASsp, 14-AOA/BCV/OKW, 14-CBR
15-BLT
Old 08-14-2012, 10:39 AM   #775
mini one
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by chepic View Post

Cheryl
Wow sounds like you had an amazing time
When you say an early walk to see the sunrise and nests what time was this?? We go to Disney on Friday and then have a week at Vero so cant wait to get there now x
Old 08-14-2012, 01:58 PM   #776
princess81499
Mouseketeer

We arrive at the end of the month after our Dream cruise. Is it common to find kid size chairs/toys around to use? This is our first trip to Vero and I am not sure what to expect.

[SIZE="2"]Panama Canal EB Repo 2008, Halloween 2009, Alaska 2011, NYC Canada 7/8/12, Bahamas 8/24/12, Fantasy 11/3/12, Magic 11/6/13
Old 08-14-2012, 03:43 PM   #777
floridafam
DIS Veteran

I'd take love bugs over no-see-ums any day. The love bugs are usually bad in May and September.

The no-see-ums are usually only bad at dusk and dawn. The sun really die keep them away. We went over to the beach for twenty minutes the other day at dusk and my ankles are covered with bites.
Old 08-14-2012, 03:51 PM   #778
dreamlinda
"dance to the music in your heart"

And, sadly it seems some people are just plain tasty. I get bitten like crazy, while my husband rarely gets a bite. I really get it when I walk thru the grass!!
Old 08-14-2012, 03:55 PM   #779
floridafam
DIS Veteran

A reminder-DVC members get 20% off spa services through at least Labor Day. I've been going regularly after trying other spas in the area. I'd like to see them do well.
Old 08-14-2012, 03:56 PM   #780
DrMomof3
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by hmillerbarilla
I asked this question (well one of these questions) on an older thread, but you all are the experts so thought I'd ask again here.

I'm thinking of doing Vero for part of our Break (if available) and I don't want to use points. Are there ever cash discounts for peak season? Is there ever an AP rate?

I have 3 kids--my youngest will be three. Is my only option a 1BD? Those Inn rooms are all just for 4 people, right? With only 3 villa buildings I'm worried it will be difficult to get a 1BD on cash.

Thanks for your help!
We paid cash for a one bedroom during Spring Break. I booked on the early side but we were able to get it. (Also a mom of 3.)
The extra space was nice!

Amanda
Poly 01/2008; SSR 05/2009; CR 12/2009; YC 04/2010; BCV 08/2010; Poly CL 01/2011; BLT 08/2011; Swan 10/2011; GF CL 01/2012; Vero Beach 04/2012; Cabins 06/2012; WBC 08/2012; BCV 09/2012; Poly 1/2013; HGV 02/2013; WL, Kidani, SSR, Boardwalk in 2013; BLT 2014

Half-marathon PTR BCV Trip Report Half Marathon Trip Report Aug 2011 PTR
Aug 2011 TR
Multi-Trip 2012 PTR Running and Europe, 2014-15
Disney Dream
August 2013 PTR Aug 2013 TR
Closed Thread

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: