DVC RESALES
DVC RESALES

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Vacation Club > DVC Resorts
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 07-09-2012, 03:25 PM   #691
AlohaAnnie
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by tikimimi View Post
There is a Publix. Go to the entrance of the resort, turn right, turn left at the light - go over the bridge and turn right. It will be on your left about 4 miles (maybe, I am bad at estimating) up the road. We always stay in an inn room there though, and I just want to let you know - it is possible to cook wonderful meals using that microwave. We took a 3 quart casserole dish, 2 real plates, silverware for both of us, and a real knife. I got waht I needed at the Publix and we had omelettes, a chicken/vegetable alfredo dish, and more. If your request for a one bedroom doesn't come through or if you want to save points, it is indeed possible to fix good meals in the inn room - just not as easily.

Thank You for the information. I am hoping we get the one bedroom.

Quote:
Originally Posted by scootert View Post
We love Fresh Market --it's in Vero so a bit of a drive but wonderful produce, bakery items, prepared salads. It's a bit like Whole Foods. There's also a Publix across the street so it makes shopping easier - I have one list for Fresh, another for Publix.
Here's the website with the location and directions: http://www.thefreshmarket.com/stores...px?StoreID=104
Thank You for the Fresh Market & the Publix across the street. I am excited about this one. Everything looks great. We were so lost last time. I wanted to plan better this time.

POR June 2006 POP May/June 2008 CBR Pirate Room & BC May/June 2009 Vero Beach & CSR & AKV Kidani May/June 2010 BLT Oct 2010 BWV March/April 2011 AKV Kidani Dec 2011 BCV/BLT June 2013
WL CL & AKV - Jambo Studio CL March/April2014

June 2013 Dining Report PTR Spring Break 2014
Old 07-09-2012, 03:52 PM   #692
scootert
DIS Veteran

We loved Fresh -- great coffee, granola, fruit. We got some prepared tuna salad and it was great too. And then there's the bakery - almond pillow cookies, croissants - yum.

We usually plan to eat dinner at Riverside Cafe the first night and then drive over to Fresh and then to Publix. We get a good dinner and all of our shopping done in one trip. Hope things work out well for you
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-09-2012, 07:06 PM   #693
WeCantWait
DIS Veteran

Thanks for the great pics BirdsofPreyDave! Looks like you had a wonderful stay! Cant wait to get there.
Old 07-10-2012, 05:11 PM   #694
DisDaydreamer
I have this DIS-ease

DVC Gold Member
Paid DVC Rent/Trade
Gold Membership

Roll call has been updated. Sorry for the delay, we were on a trip to Yellowstone and the Tetons. Let me know if I missed anyone on the roll call.

Old 07-10-2012, 05:31 PM   #695
dreamlinda
"dance to the music in your heart"

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisDaydreamer View Post
Roll call has been updated. Sorry for the delay, we were on a trip to Yellowstone and the Tetons. Let me know if I missed anyone on the roll call.
Ohhh, the Tetons are a favorite of ours, welcome home!!
Old 07-10-2012, 08:41 PM   #696
dort
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Hey Rob!! We went there a couple years back, isn't it just beautiful out there. We had a great time, we both would like to go back some day.
Old 07-11-2012, 09:54 AM   #697
parlay
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Thanks for updating! Hope you had a great time at Yellowstone.

Availablity opened up at Vero, so we decided to add on one more night! We will be there 8/12- 8/15!!

Old 07-11-2012, 10:53 AM   #698
bobbiwoz
I'm happy to dance with you
I have 2 opinions
We had tried usual things to keep them away, including something like coyote urine, it is sold in hardware stores by us

Quote:
What a great trip that is! On Sunday I used my Grand Teton tea towel and was smiling. How did you enjoy yourselves?
Old 07-11-2012, 01:19 PM   #699
codyvt
Earning My Ears

2012 trip dates (totally excited to return to Vero!):
12/29 - 1/3/13

WDW wedding 03/21/03 - (WP, Italy Isola - cocktails/AA reception - Bongo's rehearsal dinner) - POR, GF,1st anniversary 03/04 - CSR, PC, My Grandma's 90th birthday 06/06 - AKL, Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party 12/07 - POLY CONCIERGE,Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween Party 10/08 - Boardwalk Villas DVC, Food & Wine 10/09 OKW, Saratoga Springs DVC 08/10, Vero Beach and BLT/AKL DVC 06/11
Christmas with the Mouse! AKL DVC 12/11, Sneak trip to the Poly 05/12, NYE and extra 12/12 - 1/13 VBR, AKL and BCV
NYE and WARM WEATHER 12/13 - 1/14
Old 07-11-2012, 03:15 PM   #700
bobbiwoz
I have 2 opinions
We had tried usual things to keep them away, including something like coyote urine, it is sold in hardware stores by us

Quote:
Originally Posted by codyvt View Post
2012 trip dates (totally excited to return to Vero!):
12/29 - 1/3/13
Oh, are we into 2013 yet? I'll be there 1/13/13 to 1/17/13! that's where I'm headed after the MC!
Old 07-11-2012, 03:27 PM   #701
tikimimi
Pixie - Sgt. at Arms of the Pancake Sisters

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobbiwoz View Post
Oh, are we into 2013 yet? I'll be there 1/13/13 to 1/17/13! that's where I'm headed after the MC!
I don't know that I can think of a better combination than the MC and DVB stay unless of course you threw in a day at Food & Wine too - timing problem with that with the Jan. MC though.

Old 07-11-2012, 03:49 PM   #702
bobbiwoz
I have 2 opinions

Quote:
Originally Posted by tikimimi View Post
I don't know that I can think of a better combination than the MC and DVB stay unless of course you threw in a day at Food & Wine too - timing problem with that with the Jan. MC though.

These are parts of a trip that begins on 12/29/12. There will be plenty of F&W on this trip!
Old 07-11-2012, 04:55 PM   #703
DisDaydreamer
I have this DIS-ease

DVC Gold Member
Paid DVC Rent/Trade
Gold Membership

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobbiwoz View Post
What a great trip that is! On Sunday I used my Grand Teton tea towel and was smiling. How did you enjoy yourselves?
Hey Bobbi, It was fantastic. We took the train from Martinsburg, WV to Denver and then rented a car and drove up through CO, WY, MO, and back. The weather was perfect. 1st day at the Tetons the mountains were invisible due to smoke and clouds, but it rained and cleared to blue skies the next day.

Hey Deb

Old 07-11-2012, 05:05 PM   #704
DisDaydreamer
I have this DIS-ease

DVC Gold Member
Paid DVC Rent/Trade
Gold Membership

Pardon my ignorance, but what does MC stand for?

NEVERMIND... Member Cruise

Old 07-11-2012, 07:25 PM   #705
codyvt
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by wigdoutdismom View Post
Thinking about booking Vero for a few nights over New Year's Eve. Is there anything special going on then?
I will also be there over NYE and wondering about festivities or anything local that might be planned? We will have both little ones (almost 8 and almost 3 by then) so kid friendly activities are likely best. Thanks for any advice!

WDW wedding 03/21/03 - (WP, Italy Isola - cocktails/AA reception - Bongo's rehearsal dinner) - POR, GF,1st anniversary 03/04 - CSR, PC, My Grandma's 90th birthday 06/06 - AKL, Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party 12/07 - POLY CONCIERGE,Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween Party 10/08 - Boardwalk Villas DVC, Food & Wine 10/09 OKW, Saratoga Springs DVC 08/10, Vero Beach and BLT/AKL DVC 06/11
Christmas with the Mouse! AKL DVC 12/11, Sneak trip to the Poly 05/12, NYE and extra 12/12 - 1/13 VBR, AKL and BCV
NYE and WARM WEATHER 12/13 - 1/14
Closed Thread

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: