DVC RESALES
DVC RESALES

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Vacation Club > DVC Resorts
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 07-07-2012, 09:03 AM   #676
tikimimi
Pixie - Sgt. at Arms of the Pancake Sisters

Quote:
Originally Posted by ckcurtis View Post
Turtle Lottery??? What's that??
On two different nights per week (it will be in your Playful Pasttimes that you get at check-in) groups of up to 20 people are taken on the beach for a turtle walk to see the what the sea turtles are up to. People have reported seeing many turtles and seeing no turtles (the turtles come to lay eggs, watch nests, hatch hatchlings), but since they don't want you to really be on the beach between 9PM and 6AM (though they don't mind if you're out there a little earlier - as long as it is light) it is hard to see the turtles on your own. On the nights that they're doing this (Wed and Thur for us in June) they meet in the lobby of the Inn around 10Am and each room/villa can drop one key in a bowl. Keys are chosen at random during this meeting and the number of the folks in the group recorded until there are 20. Once there are 20, a wait list is made. There is a fee ($10/person) that is paid by credit card and phone call by noon of that day to secure your spot.

Old 07-08-2012, 12:33 AM   #677
belleandmaddysmom
Earning My Ears

Very excited for our first stay at Vero Beach Nov 21-25 after a few days at WDW.
Looking forward to a relaxing Thanksgiving. Hopefully the weather will still be nice.
Thank you for this thread. I have learned so much already.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-08-2012, 07:04 AM   #678
ckcurtis
Mickey Pal :)

Well we are 20 minutes from our Airport. So excited to be heading to Vero beach. It amazes me how kids don't mind waking up at 4am when Disney is involved. Lol. Thank you for a great thread we have learned a lot and can't wait to experience VBR first hand.
Old 07-08-2012, 08:54 AM   #679
chepic
I tear up whenever I hear "Welcome Home." Some people say I have "issues."

Quote:
Well we are 20 minutes from our Airport. So excited to be heading to Vero beach. It amazes me how kids don't mind waking up at 4am when Disney is involved. Lol. Thank you for a great thread we have learned a lot and can't wait to experience VBR first hand.
I agree about the kid comment....we leave at 3:00am when we drive and there is never a complaint to be heard on the way down!! Now the way home, that is a totally different story.

have a great time.

cheryl
Old 07-08-2012, 08:56 AM   #680
tikimimi

Quote:
I complain about getting up at 5-darkthirty to go to work, but tell me to get up then to go to Disney, and I'll be up an hour earlier bouncing off the walls. I'll be asleep an hour into the drive, but I'll wake early raring to go!!! Have fun!!

Old 07-08-2012, 10:21 AM   #681
sssteele
DIS Veteran

3rd time

Oct 14-19; 5 nights in a studio before heading to Port Canaveral for a 10/20 Fantasy cruise.
Old 07-08-2012, 02:07 PM   #682
cayennews
Mouseketeer

DVC Gold Member
Paid DVC Rent/Trade
Gold Membership

I visited Vero Beach at the beginning of June. It was a bit rainy, but I was able to get to the pool all but 1 day. The beach is so close. I liked how you were able to use the pool even after you checked out. My flight was at night, so I rented a locker and put my shower things in there and then sat by the pool. I had a studio with a view of the ocean which I did not expect. It was a nice bonus. The food on site was very pricey. I went down the street to a little place, walking distance to the resort, and got breakfast each morning. Helped to save money that way. If you have a car you can drive to the mall or the outlets or many other restaurants. The gift shop had a lot of good snacks and I liked the free movie rentals that came along with being a member. I would go there again! It was my first Vero Beach experience.
Old 07-08-2012, 06:14 PM   #683
dreaming4disney
Mouseketeer

Just want to say that we really enjoyed our stay at Vero June 27-30th. The resort is beautiful. We weren't able to get a villa, so we stayed in two inn rooms.

My kids had a great time at the pool and ocean. They went back and forth all day long. We ventured out to the Ocean Grill. Had a good meal and there was a band playing outside on the boardwalk. I found it odd that all of the stores close at 5pm every day. No late nights. They looked cute but we weren't able to walk through any.

We also did the turtle walk at Sebastian Inlet. That was the highlight for me. We were lucky and got to see a Loggerhead lay her eggs. It was a long night. Started at 9pm and we didn't get back until 12:30am. Definitely worth it!

So thanks for the help with planning. I would love to visit again someday.
Old 07-08-2012, 10:58 PM   #684
kritter
I need a Disney FIX!!
Trades her hubby for "Make me an offer"

We are at Vero Beach right now and loving it!!
Jan 2003-Twins first trip, September 2003-Grand Floridian-bought DVC SSR, July/Aug. 2004-Dolphin and SSR, September 2005-SSR, October 2006-SSR and DCL Eastern Halloween Cruise,June 2007-SSR, Star Wars Weekend, Sept. 2007- SSR,April 2008-SSR, June/July 2008-SSR and Vero Beach, Oct. 2008- DCL Eastern-Pirates in Paradise and SSR, Easter/April 2009,-BCV, Aug. 2009-DCL Eastern Tortola Treasure Seekers Cruise-in a CAT 3 and SSR, Dec. 2009, SSR - Feb. 2010, - OKW -April 2010-[COLOR="SeaGreen"]SSR - June/July 2010-- SSR and Vero Beach Oct.2010--OKW
Feb. 2011 OKW April 2011 SSR Aug. 2011 Vero Beach, DCL The Dream-DD, SSR, Oct. 2011 SSR Jan. 2012 OKW April 2012 SSR June 2012 DCL, Magic out of NYC June/July 2012 SSR, Vero Beach November 2012 40th Birthday Cruise DCL Thanksgiving Fantasy
Old 07-09-2012, 08:04 AM   #685
tikimimi

Quote:
Originally Posted by kritter View Post
Yeah!!!

Old 07-09-2012, 03:06 PM   #686
AlohaAnnie
DIS Veteran

Our first DVC stay was at Vero Beach was June 2010. We had a great time but we had an Inn room and were unable to cook. It was difficult.

We are returning for a trip June 2013.

We are going to request a One Bedroom this time so that we can prepare meals much easier. Our previous trip we went to Walmart and purchased sandwich items, salad items, mac & cheese in the microwave bowls. I know that Walmart does not have a section of cut up fruit and vegetables. I was wondering if there is a more upscale store located near Vero Beach that had pre-cut fruit and vegetables for purchase. We have a local Meijer store here. But I am not sure what the store would be called in Florida. Or if they have a meijer.

Any Suggestions????

We are driving from Disney World and Returning to Disney World after our stay.

POR June 2006 POP May/June 2008 CBR Pirate Room & BC May/June 2009 Vero Beach & CSR & AKV Kidani May/June 2010 BLT Oct 2010 BWV March/April 2011 AKV Kidani Dec 2011 BCV/BLT June 2013
WL CL & AKV - Jambo Studio CL March/April2014 OKW - July 2015 AKV Kidani June 2016
Old 07-09-2012, 03:32 PM   #687
tikimimi

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlohaAnnie View Post
Our first DVC stay was at Vero Beach was June 2010. We had a great time but we had an Inn room and were unable to cook. It was difficult.

We are going to request a One Bedroom this time so that we can prepare meals much easier. Our previous trip we went to Walmart and purchased sandwich items, salad items, mac & cheese in the microwave bowls. I know that Walmart does not have a section of cut up fruit and vegetables. I was wondering if there is a more upscale store located near Vero Beach that had pre-cut fruit and vegetables for purchase. We have a local Meijer store here. But I am not sure what the store would be called in Florida. Or if they have a meijer.

Any Suggestions????

There is a Publix. Go to the entrance of the resort, turn right, turn left at the light - go over the bridge and turn right. It will be on your left about 4 miles (maybe, I am bad at estimating) up the road. We always stay in an inn room there though, and I just want to let you know - it is possible to cook wonderful meals using that microwave. We took a 3 quart casserole dish, 2 real plates, silverware for both of us, and a real knife. I got waht I needed at the Publix and we had omelettes, a chicken/vegetable alfredo dish, and more. If your request for a one bedroom doesn't come through or if you want to save points, it is indeed possible to fix good meals in the inn room - just not as easily.

Old 07-09-2012, 03:40 PM   #688
BirdsOfPreyDave

DIS Veteran

I'm back at work, today, but still at Vero Beach in my mind. We just returned yesterday.

The sunrise as seen from our balcony on the first morning

Renting the Vero Beach sailboat later that morning -- hands down the most fun I had during the entire two-week vacation (theme parks included). I hadn't been sailing since the 80's when I was still in the Navy.

Having fun at the pool. (There's still water up my nose from that, by the way.)
Old 07-09-2012, 04:00 PM   #689
scootert
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlohaAnnie View Post

Any Suggestions????

We love Fresh Market --it's in Vero so a bit of a drive but wonderful produce, bakery items, prepared salads. It's a bit like Whole Foods. There's also a Publix across the street so it makes shopping easier - I have one list for Fresh, another for Publix.
Here's the website with the location and directions: http://www.thefreshmarket.com/stores...px?StoreID=104
Old 07-09-2012, 04:10 PM   #690
TheRobbs
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by kritter
We arrive tomorrow morning. How is the weather?
Closed Thread

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: