DVC RESALES
DVC RESALES

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Vacation Club > DVC Resorts
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 04-29-2012, 12:41 PM   #391
tillerrw
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by iwannbindisnee View Post
I am so glad you said something about this! We love our local wineries in MD & I had jsut looked this place up on line a few days ago & was wondering about it. How far from theVB resort is it?
Debbie
It's about a 12 minute drive south on A1A. The shopping area is worth the drive even if you don't go to Mulligans for a meal. Parking is free.
Old 04-29-2012, 12:47 PM   #392
tillerrw
Mouseketeer

We are here now and looking for a place to pick up some souvenirs for our boys. Any suggestions?
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-29-2012, 12:56 PM   #393
bobbiwoz
I'm happy to dance with you
I have 2 opinions
We had tried usual things to keep them away, including something like coyote urine, it is sold in hardware stores by us

http://atocha1622.com/mclarty.htm

You're right along the Treasure Coast, & the above museum is interesting & has a gift shop.

I'm very interested on manatees & there's a nature center with a gift shop that's a longer distance away in Ft. Pierce.

http://manateecenter.com/

However, the closest nature place is Environmental learning center, that also has a nice gift shop.
http://discoverelc.org/

We've done a nice boat trip through that one.

Bobbi

Old 04-29-2012, 06:18 PM   #394
Princess Runner
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsanner106 View Post
celebrating our first trip to Vero ever may 12th to 19th and really looking forward to it, Great tips so far here on the board. I had no idea there was a winery there either, just might have to do the tour.

Drew in Ga
Hey go a little back, to post #381, and let us know what you think

Miami Turkey Trot 5k 2005, 10K 2006, 10K2007; Miami Tropical 5K 2006 Clearwater Iron Girl 10K 2006
ING Miami 1/2 Marathon 07
NEW YORK CITY MARATHON 2007 Gasparilla Challenge 5K, 15K and 1/2 Marathon; Seven Mile Bridge 08 Mile Madness 08; Asheville Turkey Trot 08, Princess 1/2 Marathon 09, Castaway Cay 5K July 31/09, DISNEY MARATHON 2010
Old 04-30-2012, 09:02 AM   #395
dort
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Princess Runner View Post
Hello all!!! this one is for

DORT
TLBLAIR
JMTSTONE
FORTYUNKS

We are going to be at DVB at the same time, but different arrival / departure days....would you like to do a "meet"? what about at the beach sunset time, 6:00pm ish? Let me know it would be very interesting, we are going to be 11 disers celebrating Mother's Day!!!!: nothing complicated just casual laughs and hugs.

and sending this question again, if there is any law enforcement among us let me know and we can exchange station tshirts, many blessings to all.
Hey!! Saturday the 12th? Sounds like a great idea. We aren't staying on site this time, but only takes a couple minutes for us to get there. 6 pm? Where at the resort would you all like to meet? We are at the BWV right now, will be heading down to VB on Saturday the 5th.
Old 04-30-2012, 11:43 AM   #396
jenelope
In my house, I *am* the kid! (also, the mom, the dad and the maid)

My first Vero Beach vacation starts in just three days! Very excited- and checking the weather a lot. The Weather Channel and AccuWeather are giving me two different forecasts and I'm hoping AccuWeather is the correct one!

I plan to do a lot of relaxing around the pool and on the beach, but I'm also packing in a lot of activity. I'm heading to Sebastian Inlet State Park and Pelican Island Wildlife Refuge for some wildlife-spotting (along with the McLarty Treasure Museum) on Friday. I've got a spot reserved in a morning kayak tour of the Indian River Lagoon on Saturday, and will visit the McKee Botanical Gardens that afternoon. On Sunday, I'm spending the entire day with my aunt in Fort Pierce. We're planning to visit the Manatee Observation Center after church. On Monday, I will be at the Kennedy Space Center all day. I'm doing the Up-Close Tour and Lunch with an Astronaut while I'm there. Tuesday is my last day and I'm just planning a leisurely drive to Orlando with stops along the way. I'm thinking about stopping in Melbourne for Cuban food for lunch that day and buying extra for dinner. I'd rather have authentic Cuban food than airport food!

Aside from one dinner ADR at Shutters, the kayak tour, the KSC day and the day with my aunt, I'm playing the whole thing pretty much by ear. I need some down time, so hanging out with a book and a beverage may end up taking up a lot of my time.
Old 04-30-2012, 06:16 PM   #397
DisDaydreamer
I have this DIS-ease

DVC Gold Member
Paid DVC Rent/Trade
Gold Membership

Quote:
Originally Posted by tillerrw View Post
We are here now and looking for a place to pick up some souvenirs for our boys. Any suggestions?
Mel Fisher Museum or McLarty. Hope they are still in business.

Last edited by DisDaydreamer; 04-30-2012 at 06:30 PM.
Old 04-30-2012, 06:24 PM   #398
DisDaydreamer
I have this DIS-ease

DVC Gold Member
Paid DVC Rent/Trade
Gold Membership

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenelope View Post
My first Vero Beach vacation starts in just three days! Very excited- and checking the weather a lot. The Weather Channel and AccuWeather are giving me two different forecasts and I'm hoping AccuWeather is the correct one!

I plan to do a lot of relaxing around the pool and on the beach, but I'm also packing in a lot of activity. I'm heading to Sebastian Inlet State Park and Pelican Island Wildlife Refuge for some wildlife-spotting (along with the McLarty Treasure Museum) on Friday. I've got a spot reserved in a morning kayak tour of the Indian River Lagoon on Saturday, and will visit the McKee Botanical Gardens that afternoon. On Sunday, I'm spending the entire day with my aunt in Fort Pierce. We're planning to visit the Manatee Observation Center after church. On Monday, I will be at the Kennedy Space Center all day. I'm doing the Up-Close Tour and Lunch with an Astronaut while I'm there. Tuesday is my last day and I'm just planning a leisurely drive to Orlando with stops along the way. I'm thinking about stopping in Melbourne for Cuban food for lunch that day and buying extra for dinner. I'd rather have authentic Cuban food than airport food!

Aside from one dinner ADR at Shutters, the kayak tour, the KSC day and the day with my aunt, I'm playing the whole thing pretty much by ear. I need some down time, so hanging out with a book and a beverage may end up taking up a lot of my time.
Wow, Jenna, You are ready to go. Work on that down time. VB is perfect for down time. Hope the weather is fantastic for you. Have a great time!

Old 04-30-2012, 06:38 PM   #399
BWV Dreamin
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisDaydreamer View Post
Wow, Jenna, You are ready to go. Work on that down time. VB is perfect for down time. Hope the weather is fantastic for you. Have a great time!
Hey Rob!!! I'm having major VB withdrawals! Good to see you posting!

Old 04-30-2012, 07:22 PM   #400
Princess Runner
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by dort View Post
Hey!! Saturday the 12th? Sounds like a great idea. We aren't staying on site this time, but only takes a couple minutes for us to get there. 6 pm? Where at the resort would you all like to meet? We are at the BWV right now, will be heading down to VB on Saturday the 5th.
Well my friend I had never been there before but I was thinking 6p by the beach close to the hotel entrance....since you had been there maybe you can give us an idea

Miami Turkey Trot 5k 2005, 10K 2006, 10K2007; Miami Tropical 5K 2006 Clearwater Iron Girl 10K 2006
ING Miami 1/2 Marathon 07
NEW YORK CITY MARATHON 2007 Gasparilla Challenge 5K, 15K and 1/2 Marathon; Seven Mile Bridge 08 Mile Madness 08; Asheville Turkey Trot 08, Princess 1/2 Marathon 09, Castaway Cay 5K July 31/09, DISNEY MARATHON 2010
Old 04-30-2012, 08:29 PM   #401
tillerrw
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobbiwoz View Post
http://atocha1622.com/mclarty.htm

You're right along the Treasure Coast, & the above museum is interesting & has a gift shop.

I'm very interested on manatees & there's a nature center with a gift shop that's a longer distance away in Ft. Pierce.

http://manateecenter.com/

However, the closest nature place is Environmental learning center, that also has a nice gift shop.
http://discoverelc.org/

We've done a nice boat trip through that one.

Bobbi
Thanks Bobbi! We found some nice gifts at the Manatee Center.
Old 04-30-2012, 09:03 PM   #402
kphamousbr
Earning My Ears

Thumbs up Vero Beach 2012 Adoration

It is exact 29 days from today we will be checking in . We will spend 2 night and then head back to Boardwalk Villas . Hopefully , we will have nice weather .
Have a magical summer to everyone.
Old 04-30-2012, 09:23 PM   #403
bobbiwoz
I'm happy to dance with you
I have 2 opinions
We had tried usual things to keep them away, including something like coyote urine, it is sold in hardware stores by us

Quote:
Originally Posted by tillerrw View Post
Thanks Bobbi! We found some nice gifts at the Manatee Center.
I'm glad. I bought some books there for my DGC!

Old 04-30-2012, 09:31 PM   #404
Plannin'Shannon
No matter how your heart is grieving, if you keep on believing, the dream that you wish will come true.

We are in major countdown-mode over here. Just one week left! I've been reading TripAdvisor to choose restaurants. Looking for some great seafood. Any recommendations?

ETA: THANK YOU for the info about VB Winery! It's on the top of my to-do list.
There is a place where Magic lives.
Old 05-01-2012, 07:20 AM   #405
dort
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Princess Runner View Post
Well my friend I had never been there before but I was thinking 6p by the beach close to the hotel entrance....since you had been there maybe you can give us an idea
Let's say 6 pm out on the deck that over looks the beach where they do the rentals from How does that sound?
Look forward to meeting up!
Closed Thread

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: