DVC RESALES
DVC RESALES

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Vacation Club > DVC Resorts
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 01-25-2012, 03:12 PM   #181
tchrrx
Blame it on the plastic cow I mentioned on another board
That's right.... I sucked a plastic cow

Trying to Decide

We are booking a cruise for May 2013. We are trying to decide whether we should fly into Orlando and stay DVC for a couple of nights (no parks) or visit Vero Beach before the cruise instead.

If we go to Vero, which airport should we fly into? We've never rented a car, so I don't know how that works. Would we rent at the airport and then return it at the cruise terminal? Please tell me all of the perks and plusses to staying at Vero. Thanks!

2006- WDW CR (DD's 1st trip & my parents came) 2007- WDW SSR (1st trip 'home' & suprise trip for DD) 2008- WDW SSR (surprised DD w/her aunt) 2009- WDW SSR (inlaws) 2010- Our 1st ABD (Spirit of America) 2011- WDW SSR & BLT and our 1st Cruise (Disney Dream) 2012- WDW BLT (DD's surprise birthday trip); ABD Southwest Splendors 2013- DL GCV (Our 1st DL trip); Disney's Vero Beach; Disney Fantasy 2014- ABD Costa Rica
Old 01-25-2012, 04:25 PM   #182
DVC Jen
DIS Veteran
Wigs out even the biggest circus freaks!
Proudly wears the title of WEIRDEST DISer!

I know this is kind of late notice but I just cancelled a one bedroom at Vero with the stay beginning May 23rd.

Hope someone who loves Vero as much as I do snags it.

Family overruled me - we are doing WDW after our cruise instead of Vero this time.

Check Out My Disney Vacation Photos My Disney Family Vacation Galleries

|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-25-2012, 04:37 PM   #183
JMTStone
Mouseketeer

Kinda sad

Quote:
Originally Posted by DVC Jen View Post
I know this is kind of late notice but I just cancelled a one bedroom at Vero with the stay beginning May 23rd.

Hope someone who loves Vero as much as I do snags it.

Family overruled me - we are doing WDW after our cruise instead of Vero this time.
We won't get to meet before the cruise at Vero (we are on the Magic on the 18th too). Want me to bring you sand? We will be going after the cruise for ONE MORE DAY at Kidani. Where are you guys staying after the cruise?
Old 01-25-2012, 06:22 PM   #184
jenelope
In my house, I *am* the kid! (also, the mom, the dad and the maid)

Just made a reservation for May 3-8 in a ocean view room! This is my first trip to Vero Beach and I'm so looking forward to it. I think I will be doing a blend of lazy beach bum, eco-tourist and nerd over my six days. There's a full moon on that Saturday night, so I'm hoping for clear skies.
Old 01-26-2012, 06:46 PM   #185
DVC Jen
DIS Veteran
Wigs out even the biggest circus freaks!
Proudly wears the title of WEIRDEST DISer!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMTStone View Post
We won't get to meet before the cruise at Vero (we are on the Magic on the 18th too). Want me to bring you sand? We will be going after the cruise for ONE MORE DAY at Kidani. Where are you guys staying after the cruise?
I would love a shell or two for my collection.

We are staying at OKW.. first time we staying there so we are looking forward to it. My family(mostly DD's) thinks a week at Vero is just too long. Sometimes I have to wonder if we are related. I would love a week to lounge on the beach reading and taking walks. Maybe it's their ages?

Check Out My Disney Vacation Photos My Disney Family Vacation Galleries

Old 01-26-2012, 08:33 PM   #186
tchrrx
Blame it on the plastic cow I mentioned on another board
That's right.... I sucked a plastic cow

We have only used our DVC points at WDW. If I want to stay at VB on points, how soon can I book? What do I need to request in order to get an ocean view room? We will only be here for a day or two before our cruise. What do you consider the 'must-dos' and 'must-eats?' Thanks!

2006- WDW CR (DD's 1st trip & my parents came) 2007- WDW SSR (1st trip 'home' & suprise trip for DD) 2008- WDW SSR (surprised DD w/her aunt) 2009- WDW SSR (inlaws) 2010- Our 1st ABD (Spirit of America) 2011- WDW SSR & BLT and our 1st Cruise (Disney Dream) 2012- WDW BLT (DD's surprise birthday trip); ABD Southwest Splendors 2013- DL GCV (Our 1st DL trip); Disney's Vero Beach; Disney Fantasy 2014- ABD Costa Rica
Old 01-26-2012, 10:39 PM   #187
sarahk0204
DIS Veteran

Hey, I can answer some of these

Quote:
Originally Posted by tchrrx View Post
We have only used our DVC points at WDW. If I want to stay at VB on points, how soon can I book? What do I need to request in order to get an ocean view room? We will only be here for a day or two before our cruise. What do you consider the 'must-dos' and 'must-eats?' Thanks!
VB is treated like any other Disney resort for booking if you are staying on points - 7 months out if you do not own there.

Ocean view inn room is a booking category. They sleep 4, with two beds. This is as opposed to a studio - same number of points, but has the pull out couch, and the ocean view is NOT guaranteed (or really even possible, from what I gather.)

Shutters was good for dinner and the character breakfast. We like Jack Baker's Lobster Shanty in Vero across the causeway, but many others will have eating suggestions.

We enjoed the ocean, the pool, and the Community Room.
Old 01-26-2012, 10:42 PM   #188
sarahk0204
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarahk0204 View Post
Due to some financial issues, we are seriously considering canceling our DLR/VGC trip planned for this summer. Unfortunately, we would then have some borrowed points that would have to be used this use year. We are considering 12/28 - 1/3 at VB

Are there any special activities planned for NYE?

Does the Community Room have ceramics? These were a big hit in my family at SSR this past December.

Thanks! I really had my heart set on the DL trip, but I am trying to make lemonade. We love VB, and we love going somewhere warm that time of year, so it isn't too hard.
I am still wondering about New Year's Eve. Anyone?
Old 01-27-2012, 05:04 AM   #189
Pattiwig
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarahk0204 View Post
I am still wondering about New Year's Eve. Anyone?
We were there from Christmas to New Year. They do a big party at the pool, dj, characters (only two I think) make an appearance. It was fun.
08/14 Fantasy - Western Caribbean; 12/13 HHI ; 7/13 SSR; 8/12 OKW; 12/11 Vero Beach ; and SSR ; 4/10 OKW; 3/10 Magic-Eastern Caribbean; 9/08 BCV ; 4/07 HHI; 1/07 OKW; 8/06 Grand Californian; 8/05 Magic - Eastbound Panama Canal; 9/05 SSR; 4/05 OKW; 10/04 OKW; 4/04 BWV & OKW; 8/02 HHI- OKW- Wonder 4 day - VBR; 7/99 BWV; 8/98 OKW; 8/97 OKW; 12/96 Port Orleans; 9/95 Polynesian; 3/94 Off Site;1986 first Disney trip, Magic Kingdom and Epcot was all there was.
Old 01-27-2012, 11:53 AM   #190
CruznLexi
DIS Veteran

We just came back from Vero Beach prior to our Dream cruise! It was great. We spent all afternoon by the pool and hot tub then lounged by the room and had diner at the green cabin room. The conch fritters are great. This is our new place to stay prior to our next cruise in 2013!
Old 01-27-2012, 02:36 PM   #191
sarahk0204
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pattiwig View Post
We were there from Christmas to New Year. They do a big party at the pool, dj, characters (only two I think) make an appearance. It was fun.
Thank you! I am guessing Goofy and Donald, as that is who normally comes to the character breakfast at Shutters.
Old 01-27-2012, 08:30 PM   #192
JMTStone
Mouseketeer

Okw

Quote:
Originally Posted by DVC Jen View Post
I would love a shell or two for my collection.

We are staying at OKW.. first time we staying there so we are looking forward to it. My family(mostly DD's) thinks a week at Vero is just too long. Sometimes I have to wonder if we are related. I would love a week to lounge on the beach reading and taking walks. Maybe it's their ages?
I'll pick out some good shells. We arrive at Vero on the 10th, at Old Key WEst on the 14th then board on the 18th with you. It seems we are destined to meet.
Old 01-29-2012, 06:24 PM   #193
princess81499
Mouseketeer

Just booked our first trip to Vero this morning. We are going at the end of August after our DCL Dream cruise. We are super excited!

[SIZE="2"]Panama Canal EB Repo 2008, Halloween 2009, Alaska 2011, NYC Canada 7/8/12, Bahamas 8/24/12, Fantasy 11/3/12, Magic 11/6/13
Old 01-29-2012, 06:55 PM   #194
BWV Dreamin
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by CruznLexi View Post
We just came back from Vero Beach prior to our Dream cruise! It was great. We spent all afternoon by the pool and hot tub then lounged by the room and had diner at the green cabin room. The conch fritters are great. This is our new place to stay prior to our next cruise in 2013!
How did you get from Vero Beach to Port Canaveral?

Old 02-02-2012, 06:29 PM   #195
DisDaydreamer
I have this DIS-ease

DVC Gold Member
Paid DVC Rent/Trade
Gold Membership

Roll call has been update.

Closed Thread

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: