Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-20-2012, 08:31 AM   #196
My sister's princess
These boards have grimmer police
I have never been involved in a conspiracy before!

PHEW all caught up. How dare you update so much while I was gone. KIDDING!!! It made for great reading this morning!

I am so glad you had such a good time at the whispering canyon. I want to give it a try, but have seen mixed reviews!
Old 01-20-2012, 02:12 PM   #197
petals
Irish Princess because Cinderella said so!

I love your DS's t-shirt in his break free pic.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-20-2012, 06:29 PM   #198
khertz
Proud member of the WHO DAT NATION!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by afwdwfan View Post

If we'd only known what mood he'd be in Tuesday ahead of time...
Kids should be required to submit in writing in advance when they plan on having meltdowns. It would just make life so much easier!
JULY 1994 // Offsite & Universal Studios & Busch Gardens | APRIL 1998 // All Star Music & Universal Studios |FEBRUARY 2001 // All Star Music & Universal | MARCH 2003 // All Star Music & Universal // Hard Rock Hotel | FEBRUARY 2004 // All Star Music & Universal // Royal Pacific & Sea World | OCTOBER 2007 (Disneymoon!) // Port Orleans French Quarter & Universal Studios // Royal Pacific | DECEMBER 2009 // Wyndham Bonnet Creek PTR/ TR | JULY/AUGUST 2010 // Wyndham Cypress Palms TR | NOVEMBER 2011 // Wyndham Bonnet Creek PTR/TR | MAY 2012 // Disneyland // Wyndham Dolphin's Cove TR | AUGUST 2012 // Disneyland 5 Year Anniversary Trip // Peacock Suites TR | OCTOBER 2012 // Wyndham Bonnet Creek PTR/TR | OCTOBER 2013 // Wyndham Bonnet Creek & Universal // Royal Pacific PTR/TR | MAY 2014 // Wilderness Lodge TR | SEPTEMBER 2014 // ABD DIS Exclusive Viva Italia & Disneyland Paris Show No Fear! DIS Exclusive Viva Italia + DLP Sept 2014
Old 01-20-2012, 08:29 PM   #199
amandaw
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by khertz View Post
Kids should be required to submit in writing in advance when they plan on having meltdowns. It would just make life so much easier!
Old 01-24-2012, 09:13 AM   #200
afwdwfan
DIS Dad #460
You should always make room for a loophole when you need it

Quote:
Originally Posted by My sister's princess View Post
PHEW all caught up. How dare you update so much while I was gone. KIDDING!!! It made for great reading this morning!

I am so glad you had such a good time at the whispering canyon. I want to give it a try, but have seen mixed reviews!
I'm just trying to keep rolling with this thing before I forget everything.

We really enjoyed Whispering Canyon. I think it really depends on how much you appreciate or want to participate in the antics and how your server is. I took note of a few more "animated" servers in the restaurant when we were eating and I see how they could get annoying pretty quick if you weren't really 100% into their antics.

That said, the food was excellent, and I really felt like the value for the lunch skillet was pretty good for the amount of food and the quality of it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by petals View Post
I love your DS's t-shirt in his break free pic.
I like it too. I kind of wished I could have found one to fit me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by khertz View Post
This needs a like button.
Old 01-24-2012, 09:24 AM   #201
afwdwfan
DIS Dad #460

BEVERLY!!!

We made our way over to Club Cool and went inside to rehydrate. We have never visited Club Cool before, but since I’ve joined Disboards, I’ve seen a lot of descriptions about a certain drink and how disgusting it is. Club Cool was somewhat crowded, so I grabbed a couple of cups and filled them up while DW waited back a little way with the stroller. We started on the left side of the dispenser and worked our way across. I finally reached the dispenser labeled “Beverly” and I gave myself a little pep talk in my head. I was ready for it. I put the cup to my lips. I took a sip… I… I... hmm… Did I get the right thing? Let’s try it again. I filled the cup back up, yes, this one is definitely from the Beverly dispenser and it tastes the same. I guess the nastiness of it was so overhyped that my expectations weren’t met.

Now, if I were thirsty, paying for a drink and had to choose from the drinks available in that dispenser to fill my cup with, Mezzo Mix would be my choice, hands down. I definitely wouldn’t choose to drink Beverly when other options are available, but if I was thirsty and it was the only thing available, I wouldn’t have a problem drinking it. I really thought the Japan drink was worse.

DW on the other hand thought Beverly was the most disgusting thing she had ever tasted.

DS was just happy that I was letting him drink whatever I was drinking.

Having experienced the wonders of Beverly, we decided to head back over to take our complementary Visa picture. We didn’t know who we’d get to see, but they pulled back the curtain and we were greeted by the main cheese and his pet dog. DS still didn’t want to get down and walk to them, but he was interested in Mickey and gave him a 5 and interacted a bit. Pluto came over to join in the fun, however, and was denied. Poor Pluto.

We had talked about meeting up with our CM friend on Wednesday or Thursday, so we thought we’d call her and see what she had planned for the evening. It turned out she had some things to take care of this evening before her brothers got in to town, but we made plans to meet up with them all on Friday. We had been walking aimlessly while trying to call her and arrived in front of a beautiful Christmas tree.

We took a left at the T and grabbed some Mickey ice cream bars from a cart before parking the stroller and heading in to ride…

It’s a Small Mexico!!!

As it would turn out, DS LOVED this ride. I think he liked riding in the boat and seeing all the different scenes, but most importantly, he loved finding Duck participating in his many different activities as we chased him through Mexico.

Our next stop was Maelstrom in Norway. We enjoyed the ride, but walked through the theater after we left the boat. We needed a quick restroom break, so we stopped at the restrooms between Norway and Mexico. I was sitting outside with DS waiting on DW and the Norway Christmas story had just ended. We never caught that story time, but the story tellers came through on their way backstage. They were chatting with everyone as they passed by and I was blown away with how well they were improvising and staying in character on their way out. It was just a little bit extra Disney magic to be able to enjoy.

DW wanted to go to Mouse Gears to look around, so I headed to Test Track to grab myself some FP’s and told her I’d meet her in Mouse Gears. Once I found them, I took the stroller so she could shop. DS was trying to grab everything he could reach, so I decided to take him outside. We walked out the door and I had just found a place to sit down when all of a sudden, DS starts yelling. “Shoe! Shoe!”

Uh, oh. We lost a shoe. I tried to retrace my steps and we even went back into the store to look around the area where he started getting antsy. We couldn’t find it anywhere. I found a CM and asked him if there was a lost and found in the store and he told me I’d have to check with Guest Relations in an hour or 2. At the same time, DW was checking with another CM. After a quick call, it turned out there was a CM walking around carrying a shoe, looking for the prince who lost it. She quickly found us and returned the shoe and spent some time talking to DS. He loved the attention. It was another great CM interaction for us.

We left Mouse Gears and headed back to the Land to use our Soarin’ FP’s after a quick stop to pick up our free Visa picture. DW rode first while I took DS to the restroom and changed him into jeans. We then headed to Sunshine Seasons and got some grapes, apple sauce and chocolate milk. DW came out, and I gave her my FP and told her to ride again. DS and I just hung out and enjoyed our snacks.

DW came back and said she was hungry. She looked at the menus for Sunshine Seasons, but didn’t see anything she wanted to eat. We decided instead to cross the park once again and grab some food in Mexico.
Old 01-24-2012, 09:55 AM   #202
KatMark
DIS Veteran

Hey, you'd be ecstatic to be out of your stroller too if those "big" people made you stay in it all the time.

Okay, now back to read your latest update (I am determined to get caught up BEFORE I leave in two days).
Old 01-24-2012, 11:56 AM   #203
KatMark
DIS Veteran

Great update. I love the picture with Mickey and Pluto (Pluto is one of my favorites).

DS looks quite pleased with that Mickey bar.

Obviously, your wife is the smarter one of the family as she realized how awful the Beverly is. It must be a man thing...as my DH did not think it was that bad either.
Old 01-24-2012, 01:11 PM   #204
that's nice
DDC #330

Maybe the entire internet is slowing down because of this thread

Quote:
[COLOR="Green"]BEVERLY!!!

I was ready for it. I put the cup to my lips. I took a sip… I… I... hmm… Did I get the right thing? Let’s try it again. I filled the cup back up, yes, this one is definitely from the Beverly dispenser and it tastes the same. I guess the nastiness of it was so overhyped that my expectations weren’t met.
Now I know what to get you for your birthday.... a case of Beverly!

Quote:
I definitely wouldn’t choose to drink Beverly when other options are available, but if I was thirsty and it was the only thing available, I wouldn’t have a problem drinking it.

Quote:
DW on the other hand thought Beverly was the most disgusting thing she had ever tasted.
Did you trick her into drinking it?

Quote:

Great pic! <-- thumb

Quote:
It’s a Small Mexico!!!
Es un mundo de la risa, un mundo de rasgones

Quote:
DS starts yelling. “Shoe! Shoe!”

Uh, oh. We lost a shoe. I tried to retrace my steps and we even went back into the store to look around the area where he started getting antsy. We couldn’t find it anywhere. I found a CM and asked him if there was a lost and found in the store and he told me I’d have to check with Guest Relations in an hour or 2. At the same time, DW was checking with another CM. After a quick call, it turned out there was a CM walking around carrying a shoe, looking for the prince who lost it. She quickly found us and returned the shoe and spent some time talking to DS. He loved the attention. It was another great CM interaction for us.
We had a shoe incident at MK once... guess where lost articles show up? The kennel outside of MK. wanna see what it looks like? Check out the bottom of this post.

http://www.disboards.com/showpost.ph...postcount=1682
Old 01-24-2012, 01:16 PM   #205
GoofyIsAsGoofyDoes
DDC 469
Never mind the Kool-Aid, don’t drink the Beverly!
If it’s still here tomorrow… I may ignore it again

Quote:

BEVERLY!!!

I definitely wouldn’t choose to drink Beverly when other options are available, but if I was thirsty and it was the only thing available, I wouldn’t have a problem drinking it. I really thought the Japan drink was worse.
Everyone has their own variety of Kryptonite. I now know what to get you for your birthday (deceptively mislabeled of course).

Quote:

Try him on it again next time you’re down there and see which of you he takes after.

Quote:

he was interested in Mickey and gave him a 5 and interacted a bit. Pluto came over to join in the fun, however, and was denied. Poor Pluto.

Nice… for a freebie, you got a good image.

Quote:

It’s a Small Mexico!!!

Quote:

Our next stop was Maelstrom in Norway. We enjoyed the ride, but walked through the theater after we left the boat.
Good Decision

Quote:

We never caught that story time, but the story tellers came through on their way backstage. They were chatting with everyone as they passed by and I was blown away with how well they were improvising and staying in character on their way out. It was just a little bit extra Disney magic to be able to enjoy.
I really liked the various holiday story tellers. They all do an excellent job and you get a little glimpse into how life is lived beyond Madison Ave.

Quote:

We walked out the door and I had just found a place to sit down when all of a sudden, DS starts yelling. “Shoe! Shoe!”…

…it turned out there was a CM walking around carrying a shoe, looking for the prince who lost it. She quickly found us and returned the shoe and spent some time talking to DS. He loved the attention. It was another great CM interaction for us.
Cool…
It is generally true that the phrase “Disney Magic” is abbreviated as “CM”

Quote:

DW came out, and I gave her my FP and told her to ride again.
A) Don’t care that much for Sorin’
B) Wanted to do something nice for DW
C) Was just having too much fun with DS
D) All of the above

Excellent Update
Old 01-24-2012, 01:18 PM   #206
amandaw
DIS Veteran

That's great that DS warmed up to Mickey at least a little bit! But, poor Pluto! No love! That's a great picture of y'all. We have yet to go get our Visa character picture. But, I am determined to do that this year.

I'm so glad they were able to find DS' shoe! And that's so great how quickly they were able to track down a CM walking around with a shoe. Disney continues to amaze me!
Old 01-24-2012, 07:09 PM   #207
glennbo123
DIS Veteran

I can't believe that you did not succomb to Beverly's power to disgust!

That's a nice family picture you got with Mickey and Pluto. I've never been in that part of the park at the right time to take advantage of that.
Old 01-24-2012, 08:52 PM   #208
CandleontheWater
Forever in love with Hathaway Browne

I can't believe you liked Beverly. Granted its probably not the most vile thing in the whole world, but I'd never choose it drink it.

I do however take great glee in making DH drink it every time we go. He always forgets which is "the gross one", so I always helpfully point him toward Beverly since "thats the one that tastes like watermelon". He falls for it every time!

I've got to try that Via Napoli pizza one of these days. I bet it would be a great lunch ADR!

The pic of you guys at the character spot is very cute. Too bad DS didn't show Pluto more love, but at least he got in some face time with the big cheese.
Old 01-25-2012, 08:14 AM   #209
afwdwfan
DIS Dad #460

Quote:
Originally Posted by KatMark View Post
Hey, you'd be ecstatic to be out of your stroller too if those "big" people made you stay in it all the time.
Poor kid. We're so cruel to keep him confined to his stroller.

Quote:
Okay, now back to read your latest update (I am determined to get caught up BEFORE I leave in two days).
Don't you have more important things to be doing 2 days before you leave?

Quote:
Great update. I love the picture with Mickey and Pluto (Pluto is one of my favorites).
Thanks! It's funny, Pluto is the second character that DS learned. He has a sippy cup with Mickey and Pluto on it and he always points them out. He just really didn't seem to care for either of the dog characters live and in person.

Quote:
DS looks quite pleased with that Mickey bar.
The kid loves his ice cream. I wouldn't know where he gets that from.

Quote:
Obviously, your wife is the smarter one of the family as she realized how awful the Beverly is. It must be a man thing...as my DH did not think it was that bad either.
No comment

Quote:
Originally Posted by that's nice View Post
Now I know what to get you for your birthday.... a case of Beverly!
Hmm... according to the DDC birthday list, yours is the day before mine. Why don't you just keep it and we'll call it even?

Quote:
Did you trick her into drinking it?
No, I just filled a cup and handed it to her. She tricked herself into drinking it.

Quote:
Great pic! <-- thumb
Thanks!

Quote:
Es un mundo de la risa, un mundo de rasgones
Thankfully, the Spanish version doesn't drive me to the verge of insanity.

Quote:
We had a shoe incident at MK once... guess where lost articles show up? The kennel outside of MK. wanna see what it looks like? Check out the bottom of this post.
I wonder how many lost crocs turn up in the parks on a given day?
Old 01-25-2012, 08:27 AM   #210
afwdwfan
DIS Dad #460

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoofyIsAsGoofyDoes View Post
Everyone has their own variety of Kryptonite. I now know what to get you for your birthday (deceptively mislabeled of course).
Thanks, DS will appreciate it. He seemed to love that stuff.

Quote:
Try him on it again next time you’re down there and see which of you he takes after.
That kid will drink/eat anything.

Unless he's just in "one of those moods"

Quote:
Nice… for a freebie, you got a good image.
Actually, that one was from DW's camera. I didn't have the flash drive with our Photopass pictures when I uploaded them for the update.

Quote:
I really liked the various holiday story tellers. They all do an excellent job and you get a little glimpse into how life is lived beyond Madison Ave.
Having read about them in your TR, I wanted to try to catch a few of them. It always turned out that we'd walk up in the middle or as they were finishing though. I don't think we ever caught one in its entirety. They were definitely interesting though.

Quote:
Cool…
It is generally true that the phrase “Disney Magic” is abbreviated as “CM”

Quote:
A) Don’t care that much for Sorin’
B) Wanted to do something nice for DW
C) Was just having too much fun with DS
D) All of the above
Definitely D. I always have to ride Soarin once when we're there, but I'm usually good after that. If it had multiple destinations like the new Star Tours, I'd probably enjoy it more. I really do enjoy it and the sensation of flying is cool, but I really think it is overrated. Definitely not worth waiting an hour for, IMO.

Quote:
Excellent Update
Thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by amandaw View Post
That's great that DS warmed up to Mickey at least a little bit! But, poor Pluto! No love! That's a great picture of y'all. We have yet to go get our Visa character picture. But, I am determined to do that this year.
He just never really came around to Pluto and Goofy the whole time. I don't know what it is, just something about the big dogs, I guess. It is definitely worth going to get the picture. It's nice to have something free from Disney World, for once.

Quote:
Originally Posted by amandaw View Post
I'm so glad they were able to find DS' shoe! And that's so great how quickly they were able to track down a CM walking around with a shoe. Disney continues to amaze me!
Yes, they were great. I was a bit frustrated when the guy I talked to seemed to have no interest in helping me, but thankfully, DW had better luck.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: