Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-13-2012, 11:27 AM   #166
amandaw
DIS Veteran

That's so cute that DS kept giggling with the spinning car on TSM. It's those little things that can just mean so much.

The new Disney Junior Live show really is great for the little ones!

I think we've all been there (well, all of us with kids at least)....the screaming kid in the stroller. I can't stand those people that give ugly looks. Like that parents aren't having a hard enough time!

Your waitress at WCC sounds superb! How sweet of her to try & do what she could to help with DS. And then to bring out more corn. Excellent service!
Old 01-13-2012, 12:32 PM   #167
Captain_Oblivious
DIS Dad #257
Don't underestimate your audience. I'm sure there's a fart joke in here somewhere

Quote:
Originally Posted by afwdwfan View Post
We completely missed all of the mad rush during that trip and she thought I was over-reacting.
Proof that sometimes Daddy really does know best.

Quote:
The plan was for DW to take DS and park the stroller while I grabbed FP’s, but by the time we got to Pixar Place, the FP line was back to the arches and the Standby time was 30 minutes.
30 minutes is not terrible, so you did well.

Quote:
He sat on my lap and helped pull the string as I aimed the gun. We even managed to work together and get a higher score than mommy.
And that's all that matters.

Quote:
As always, Toodles came in to save the day and with the help of some other Disney Junior friends, Minnie’s Birthday party was a huge success.
My daughter decided she was too old for this show and we left to go on the Great Movie Ride instead. We chose...poorly.

Quote:
It was a great ride on ToT, probably the best I’ve ever had.
That's an awesome ride! Glad you had so much fun on it!

I said that for 2 reasons:
1) To spite Barry

and

2) What was 2 again?

Oh yeah, I really do think it's an awesome ride, right up to the part where it starts to drop. The effects are amazing.

Quote:
I was entertained by a woman in the front row who screamed profanities every time the ride dropped and then profusely apologized to everyone afterwards.
Pretty sure this is what Walt had in mind for his family park.

Quote:
I pushed the stroller straight to the exit as fast as I could and he was kicking and screaming the whole way. We got a few sympathetic looks and some dirty looks. I really didn’t care, I just wanted them to get out of my way.
I love the dirty looks. Show me a parent who says their kid never acts like that, and I'll show you a liar.

Quote:
Our waitress was absolutely fantastic. She brought our drinks and even brought DS his own milkshake in a child’s cup.
Good CM's make all the difference.

Quote:
As it turned out, he was only interested in one thing… corn.
Farm kids.

Quote:
At the table next to us, a girl who was probably around 9 or 10 years old was playing with a Nintendo DS and not eating. The waitress went over and took it and started playing it at one point. A little bit later the same girl got up to go to the bathroom and when she came back, the waitress was sitting in her seat, and a cookie that she had brought with her and left on the table had mysteriously disappeared.
There's some shenanigans for you.

Quote:
We didn’t really participate in any of the loud shenanigans that WCC is known for, but she really was great about getting to know the people she was serving and making it a great experience.
I'm guessing she took it easy on you because you told her how close your son was to a meltdown. They're good at "reading" people there.

Quote:
I still had about half of my second milkshake left and a few ribs to finish. They were too good to waste.
Thanks for abiding by the Law of Conservation of Milkshakes and Meat.

Quote:
We walked all over the 4th floor. We walked inside the building and outside pacing the balcony. We walked down every hallway, some of them more than once. We did a few laps around the balcony above the lobby. Finally, at around 3:30, DS was napping peacefully.
...after I finally gave up and forced him to gulp down some whiskey.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-13-2012, 03:25 PM   #168
petals
Irish Princess because Cinderella said so!

Sorry your DS was being moody. They all seem to fight sleep at that age afraid of missing something. Hope he got well rested for MVMCP!
Old 01-13-2012, 05:43 PM   #169
Moodyzblu
DIS Veteran

Sounds like you still managed to have an "ok" time even though DS wasn't in such a great mood !
We love TSM .. I hope my guys will still want to do Playhouse Disney even though they are outgrowing it.

Come check out ..
Jayden's Wish pre-trip report !
It Smells Like Elephant and Forbidden Journey's Wish Trip Report ... in progress
The Moodys Do Disneyland!
Youtube channel ... http://www.youtube.com/user/Moodyzblu
Old 01-13-2012, 06:42 PM   #170
GoofyIsAsGoofyDoes
DDC 469
Never mind the Kool-Aid, don’t drink the Beverly!
If it’s still here tomorrow… I may ignore it again

Quote:

I couldn’t convince someone that we really needed to be out of the room by just after 8 so that we could be in the park before Rope Drop.

… she thought I was over-reacting.
I foresee a hard lesson in the process of getting learned.

Quote:

We were planning a long mid-day break, so FP’s were going to be out of the question at this point, and we took our place in the standby line.
30 Min is not as bad as it could be.
I foolishly waited longer.

Quote:

He laughed and giggled as the car would spin and whip us around from scene to scene.
We have a winner.

Quote:

Great Picture

Quote:

After we left my toy box…
It’s best that you beat us all to that particular joke.

Quote:

As always, Toodles came in to save the day and with the help of some other Disney Junior friends, Minnie’s Birthday party was a huge success.
Yay!!!!

Quote:

I got on ToT first and just as I was fastening my seatbelt in the elevator, I felt my phone vibrate. Hmm… well, there’s nothing I can do about whatever it is right now.
Ominous

Quote:

I was entertained by a woman in the front row who screamed profanities every time the ride dropped and then profusely apologized to everyone afterwards.

Quote:

I checked my phone as I left the hotel and saw that I missed several phone calls from DW.
Very Ominous

Quote:

They were in front of RnR, and somebody wasn’t happy.
I’m guessing it wasn’t the woman in the front row on the ToT

Quote:

I quickly found them and once we assessed the situation, it was determined that we needed to head back to the hotel for nap time.
The nap-time cry has it’s own special sound. It’s distinctly different from the hungry cry, the mad cry, the board cry and certainly from the ill cry.

Quote:

We got a few sympathetic looks and some dirty looks. I really didn’t care, I just wanted them to get out of my way.
The folks with the dirty looks just don’t know better.

Quote:

We were back at the room with about 2 hours to nap before our 1:20 ADR at Whispering Canyon. We tried to get DS settled down for a nap, but he was having none of it. We debated calling to cancel the ADR, but we needed to eat and he was bound and determined to fight sleep anyway, so we decided to suck it up and head downstairs to eat a table service meal with a toddler on the verge of another meltdown...
Risky… but sometime you just gotta do what you gotta do.

Quote:

As it turned out, he was only interested in one thing… corn.
That ear didn’t fall too far from the stalk.
But if he’s happy… so much the better.

Quote:

Our waitress even came and sat down at the table with us and started talking to him and trying to get him to try some other food.
Extra mile! Tip earned.

Quote:

DW and DS had finished eating and quickly headed back to the room. We’d been in WCC long enough without any screaming and we were afraid to push it too far. I still had about half of my second milkshake left and a few ribs to finish. They were too good to waste.
Goes with out sayin’

Quote:

When I got to the room, maybe 15 minutes after DW and DS, he was still awake and unwilling to try to sleep. I strapped him into the stroller and we went for a nice long walk while DW laid down for a nap.
‘Cause… that’s what you do.

Quote:

Finally, at around 3:30, DS was napping peacefully.

Quote:

So much for our plans to be over at the MK early for Mickey’s Very Merry Christmas Party…
Win some, loose some…

So what did the backup plan end up being?
Staying tuned for the next update..
Old 01-13-2012, 07:00 PM   #171
twokids0204
DIS Dad #561
I control the universe.... scared yet?

Quote:

Very cute pic...

Is it REALLY your room?

Me (Brian) DW (Sheri) DD12 DS9
Member #561
Old 01-16-2012, 08:37 AM   #172
afwdwfan
DIS Dad #460
You should always make room for a loophole when you need it

Quote:
Originally Posted by FreezinRafiki View Post
I'm so lucky to have a DW that knows the ins and out of Disney as much as I do.
And she appreciateds it as much as you do... that has got to be a big help too.

Quote:
You're lucky! We've been 5 minutes late before and the FP line was past One Man's Dream! All in all, 30 minutes isn't too bad for TSM.
Yeah, it wasn't too bad, considering. We were really hoping to FP and ride standby though, so we could get 2 rides in.

Quote:
Family time and memories are great, but ultimately all that matters in the long run is beating mommy at Toy Story Mania.

Quote:
He's a big fan of Jake and the Neverland Pirates, isn't he? How did he like that part?
Actually Mickey Mouse Clubhouse is his favorite, but he loves Jake and Little Einsteins too. He really just took it all in... and jumped around and danced with the music, of course.

Quote:
Since I'm sure you won't hear it from Mark: "That's an awesome ride! Glad you had so much fun on it!"

Quote:
Excellent choices. What kind of milkshake. Did you order off the "secret" menu?
No, I thought about it, but personally, I enjoy just a good, standard chocolate milkshake.

Quote:
Nothing calms a temperamental child like a milkshake. (Or reinforces that behavior)
The sugar rush was a concern, but he wasn't napping anyway, so what harm could it do?

Quote:
How stereotypical. The Indiana kid eating corn. It's like kids from Wisconsin loving chee... oh.
Yeah, go figure.

Quote:
I love the service and interaction there!]
I have to say that accounting for the food, service, and value of what we got for the cost, this is probably the best overall meal experience I've ever had on Disney World property. We'll definitely go back.

Quote:
My DS has always been an early riser. I remember long morning walks around Saratoga Springs with him while everyone else slept.
I don't envy you.
Old 01-16-2012, 08:50 AM   #173
afwdwfan
DIS Dad #460

Quote:
Originally Posted by amandaw View Post
That's so cute that DS kept giggling with the spinning car on TSM. It's those little things that can just mean so much.
It was great. We decided then and there that we were going to have to find a way to ride again.

Quote:
The new Disney Junior Live show really is great for the little ones!
It really is a good show. One of the few that would actually keep his attention long enough to sit through it.

Quote:
I think we've all been there (well, all of us with kids at least)....the screaming kid in the stroller. I can't stand those people that give ugly looks. Like that parents aren't having a hard enough time!
Yeah, it happens. The fun we had definitely outweighed the hard times we experienced... although they were brutal to go through at the time.

Quote:
Your waitress at WCC sounds superb! How sweet of her to try & do what she could to help with DS. And then to bring out more corn. Excellent service!
Yes, it was just a great all around experience there. This might be an "evey trip" restaurant for us now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain_Oblivious View Post
Proof that sometimes Daddy really does know best.
Would you mind telling DW?

Quote:
30 minutes is not terrible, so you did well.
Yeah, I've waited longer there.

Quote:
And that's all that matters.
It's all about the "W"

Quote:
My daughter decided she was too old for this show and we left to go on the Great Movie Ride instead. We chose...poorly.
I appreciate TGMR, but it needs some updates. We didn't ride it this time... I think that's the first time I've ever skipped it.

Disney Junior really isn't a bad show to watch. Definitely geared to the kids, but there are worse things to sit through.

Quote:
That's an awesome ride! Glad you had so much fun on it!

Quote:
I said that for 2 reasons:
1) To spite Barry

and

2) What was 2 again?

Oh yeah, I really do think it's an awesome ride, right up to the part where it starts to drop. The effects are amazing.
It is a fantastic ride... especially the drop.

Quote:
Pretty sure this is what Walt had in mind for his family park.
It's the little things that make it fun.

Quote:
I love the dirty looks. Show me a parent who says their kid never acts like that, and I'll show you a liar.
It didn't really bother me much. It was actually kind of like I had a horn... or a siren. People could hear us coming and choose to get out of the way or get run over.

Quote:
Good CM's make all the difference.

Quote:
Farm kids.
Your point???

Quote:
There's some shenanigans for you.
Yes... she really was great.

Quote:
I'm guessing she took it easy on you because you told her how close your son was to a meltdown. They're good at "reading" people there.
Yes. I wouldn't ordinarily think this is a "good" thing to have happen at a restaurant, but she sat down and just chatted with us for a while. She is about our age and has a kid about DS' age, so it was very nice to sit and talk with her for a while.

Quote:
Thanks for abiding by the Law of Conservation of Milkshakes and Meat.
I don't think it is a MANLAW, but it probably should be.

Quote:
...after I finally gave up and forced him to gulp down some whiskey.
I didn't have any whiskey with me on this trip.

I had a bottle of rum.
Old 01-16-2012, 09:05 AM   #174
afwdwfan
DIS Dad #460

Quote:
Originally Posted by petals View Post
Sorry your DS was being moody. They all seem to fight sleep at that age afraid of missing something. Hope he got well rested for MVMCP!
It's all part of the toddler experience. Just have to take the good with the bad.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moodyzblu View Post
Sounds like you still managed to have an "ok" time even though DS wasn't in such a great mood !
We love TSM .. I hope my guys will still want to do Playhouse Disney even though they are outgrowing it.
It was still a good morning. The highlights tend to outweigh the bad. Otherwise, I don't think we'd have ever even attempted this trip.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoofyIsAsGoofyDoes View Post
I foresee a hard lesson in the process of getting learned.
Will it be learned though?

Quote:
30 Min is not as bad as it could be.
I foolishly waited longer.
As have I.

Quote:
We have a winner.
Yes, easily his favorite ride of all the parks.

Quote:
Great Picture
Thanks

Quote:
It’s best that you beat us all to that particular joke.
It's been a joke in my family since the origninal movie came out.

Quote:
Ominous

Very Ominous

Quote:
I’m guessing it wasn’t the woman in the front row on the ToT
No, she seemed to be thoroughly enjoying herself.

Quote:
The nap-time cry has it’s own special sound. It’s distinctly different from the hungry cry, the mad cry, the board cry and certainly from the ill cry.

Quote:
The folks with the dirty looks just don’t know better.
If they only knew that I was only making him cry just to make their day a little bit less enjoyable.

Quote:
Risky… but sometime you just gotta do what you gotta do.
The food wasn't going to eat itself.

Quote:
That ear didn’t fall too far from the stalk.
But if he’s happy… so much the better.
The kid is the pickiest eater I know... and it is never the same food that he wants. If we went back the next day, he'd probably eat mashed potatoes and not touch the corn. Makes meal time an adventure.

Quote:
Extra mile! Tip earned.
Definitely.

Quote:
Win some, loose some…

So what did the backup plan end up being?
Staying tuned for the next update..
Well, I had to find some way to occupy myself while they napped.

Quote:
Originally Posted by twokids0204 View Post
Very cute pic...
Thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by twokids0204 View Post
Is it REALLY your room?
Yes, yes it is.
Old 01-16-2012, 11:41 AM   #175
afwdwfan
DIS Dad #460

Waste a Fast Pass??? Never!!!

Now that DS was asleep, we headed back to the room. I got inside and decided it best not to tempt fate, so I just reclined his seat and left him in the stroller. DW woke up when we came in and I told her about our travels as I tried to get DS to sleep. I asked DW what she wanted to do now that DS was asleep. She said she wanted to go back to sleep and nap for a while before we left for MVMCP.

Since I was sure DS would sleep for a couple of hours and she likely would as well, I asked permission to take my pocket full of Fast Passes for a quick trip over to the Studios. Permission was granted and off I went. I arrived at DHS at around 4 pm. First up, I had 2 FP’s for Star Tours. I hopped on and rode it twice, but frankly there was no need for the FP’s. It was a walk on anyway. I absolutely loved the changes to it. I never get motion sickness on a roller coaster or anything like that, but motion simulators tend to leave me feeling a bit uneasy. After riding twice in a row, I felt great and even considered a third ride, if I hadn’t been in a hurry.

I quickly crossed the park and walked under this archway towards my most favoritest ride on Walt Disney World property.

Unfortunately, our studio tour was cut short, but I really appreciated the limo ride to the show.

I made my way to the exit and headed back to Wilderness Lodge. It was about 5 pm and just as I parked at WL, DW called to ask when I’d be back. She had just woken up and DS was still sleeping soundly.

DW and I got ourselves ready for MVMCP and finally decided to wake DS up to change his clothes and head to MK. Our original plan was to be at MK by about 4:30 or 5, grab a bite to eat and be ready for the festivities to get under way at 7. Instead we were just walking in the gates at around 6:30.

Note: This picture is a representative image taken later in the week. We were not there early enough to get any daylight pictures.

The first order of business: food. We headed to Cosmic Rays and just got our food as the party began at 7. DS was in a much better mood. I was disappointed that we weren’t going to be able to take full advantage of the party, but as long as he was in a good mood, it would be ok.

DW, on the other hand, returned from the toppings bar less than happy. Some guy was being rude and asked to cut in line in front of her if she wasn’t going to move. Not that she could move, because she was waiting in line behind someone in front of her. He finally came up and butted in between the 2 of them, reached around the other person for something and walked away. Have a magical day!

We had decided that we didn’t want to see the first parade, so we just took our time walking around. We thought the red and green lights on the trees and this image projected on Cosmic Rays looked cool

The Speedway had virtually no line, so we checked DS’s height… just barely tall enough. DW wanted to take him on his first ride and thought she might be ok to ride, despite the “expectant mother” warning. After she saw a car come into the station at its full speed of approximately 2 mph and ram into about 4 cars in front of it, she changed her mind and took the chicken exit.

I was brave about it and let DS take the wheel (insert crappy phone picture in a moving car slamming into a center rail).

We decided not to tempt fate, and tried to find things that DS might enjoy. We watched some characters… from a distance and then headed over to IASW. After that, we took a bit of a calculated risk. DW wanted to ride Haunted Mansion. We decided that we’d ride and DS could play with a drawing game on my phone that he enjoys. That would give him a little bit of a glow (hopefully not so much to distract other people) and give him something to keep him distracted. It worked quite well.

We took the line to the left through the graveyard and… well… nothing. I don’t know if they had all of the effects turned off, but nothing was happening. We tried to play with some of the new interactive things in the queue and we weren’t getting any results.

After we left the mansion, it was approaching time for Magic, Memories and You and then Holiday Wishes, so we headed up to the walkway by Crystal Palace and I found a clear spot to lean on a rail, with an unobstructed view while DW grabbed some hot chocolate, cookies and apple slices.

We didn’t take any fireworks pictures. DW asked me if we should, I told her to just put the camera away and enjoy the show. It would have been nice to have pictures, but it was a great show and I’m glad we just enjoyed it. DW said the Holiday Wishes show alone made the price of admission worthwhile.

The fireworks ended and we decided that we'd like to see the parade along Main Street. The crowd was already camped out on Main Street, so we decided we’d try to come back and find a spot near the back to stand and watch. Instead of wasting time sitting around, we headed to the Caribbean. We rode Pirates and then came out to enjoy the Pirate band performing Christmas songs with a pirate twist. DS loved them and just danced along.

We headed over for a spin around Agrabah’s version of Dumbo, and then put DS back in the stroller to head to Main Street and find a spot to watch the parade. By the time we got there, DS was sound asleep. Oh, so now you want to nap... We decided to park the stroller underneath the awning at the Plaza ice cream shop and took our spots at the back of the crowd to wait for the parade. The parade started and we could see fine from our vantage point, but DW wanted to get closer to get pictures.

She stepped out to the side and had one foot across the tape line and got yelled at by the parade Nazi CM. Now this guy was very protective of his line. If you so much as touched his tape, he was all over it... and his tact in dealing with people must have worn out by the time the first parade ended.

To the parade Nazi: Yes, you who wear the Santa hat, but lack the Christmas spirit. I understand you have a job to keep the sidewalk open, and I respect that. Please, just realize that if nobody is trying to get through, it is ok for someone to step out to take a quick picture and then step back, especially when you’ve seen them standing behind the line watching the parade the rest of the time. You’ve been standing right there and you know that is where she’s been. She just wanted a freakin’ picture of a float with the snow falling on it on Main Street. If you feel the need to ask someone to step back, please ask and if you want to tell them to get back, I suggest you do so in a more respectful manner. Next time you want to yell at a hormonal pregnant woman, you’re going to get to deal with the consequences. I’m not covering for you again. Got it? Good.

After I calmed DW down, we got back to watching the parade and grabbed another parade picture before we walked through Tomorrowland Terrace to catch the end of the Tomorrowland stage show.

We then headed back to Main Street and caught the show in front of the castle. We looked through the Emporium, hoping to find some MVMCP souvenirs to purchase… needless to say we were disappointed by the options and left without spending any money.

We headed out the entrance and boarded a boat back to Wilderness Lodge. This boat was packed, standing room only, and there were a lot of strollers with sleeping kids. DW found an empty seat, and I pushed the stroller to the back of the boat with the rest of the parents with kids in strollers. I moved as far back as I possibly could in the aisle and had DS’ stroller parked tightly next to another one. I was standing in front of the strollers and right in the doorway between the inside part and the open area in the back, holding onto the doorway for balance. There was an empty seat in the second to last row in the outside area of the boat and a “gentleman” probably in his mid-30’s worked his way through the standing crowd inside the boat until he reached the back door… and me. He started complaining about all these *edited* strollers and said he was going to go sit in that empty seat back there. I asked him how he planned to get there and he told me he was going to climb over those *edited* strollers. He proceeded to point to DS. I may or may not have implied that he was going to swim the rest of the way to WL if he tried to step over my kid. He turned around and didn’t say another word to me, but I heard him whining to someone about all these kids and strollers when we were walking up the dock to the hotel.

If kids are that much an issue for you, I suggest you find someplace else to spend your vacation dollars in the future…

Despite some of the disappointments of the evening, we truly did have a good time. I don’t feel like we got our full value out of the MVMCP ticket, but that was due partly to the fact that we didn’t get started when we wanted to and didn’t really get to take full advantage of everything. I’d like to try it again sometime, and hopefully be able to get off to an earlier start. I was somewhat disappointed though, that despite paying for an after-hours party, this was by far the most crowded evening of the 3 we spent in the MK.

Oh, well, this difficult day is behind us. It is time to rest up so that we can head to Walt’s vision of the future in the morning.
Old 01-16-2012, 12:49 PM   #176
lilpixiebabe101
DIS Veteran

Location: Lousiana- 14 hours away from my happiest place on earth!!!

Ya'll just seemed to have a night full of RUDE ppl. So sorry for all that!

At least y'all got to enjoy the special fireworks/parades and a few rides with DS in a good mood.
Old 01-16-2012, 02:04 PM   #177
petals
Irish Princess because Cinderella said so!

it must have been the time of year for rude people in disney we had a few as well I will tell about as the tr goes on.
Old 01-16-2012, 02:07 PM   #178
amandaw
DIS Veteran

I am sooo jealous of your alone time in DHS! But, good for you! Rock n Roller Coaster is my favorite ride at Disney, too.

That's great that DS was in a much better mood when he woke up. That's always helpful when trying to have some fun.

Sounds like y'all had a really great night, with the exception of those people who were lacking the Christmas spirit.

The fireworks at MVMCP are really great! I don't know that we'll do another party until Reid is a little bit older & can actually stay up for them. But, they are quite fun!
Old 01-16-2012, 02:42 PM   #179
Captain_Oblivious
DIS Dad #257
Don't underestimate your audience. I'm sure there's a fart joke in here somewhere

Quote:
Your point???
I was supposed to have a point?

Quote:
DW woke up when we came in and I told her about our travels as I tried to get DS to sleep. I asked DW what she wanted to do now that DS was asleep. She said she wanted to go back to sleep and nap for a while before we left for MVMCP.
She woke up and decided she wanted another nap?

Quote:
I was sure DS would sleep for a couple of hours and she likely would as well, I asked permission to take my pocket full of Fast Passes for a quick trip over to the Studios. Permission was granted and off I went.
OKTHANKSBYE!

Quote:
First up, I had 2 FP’s for Star Tours. I hopped on and rode it twice, but frankly there was no need for the FP’s. It was a walk on anyway. I absolutely loved the changes to it. I never get motion sickness on a roller coaster or anything like that, but motion simulators tend to leave me feeling a bit uneasy. After riding twice in a row, I felt great and even considered a third ride, if I hadn’t been in a hurry.
I can't wait to try that one out! Glad you got back to DHS to do the rest of the "big" rides.

Quote:
Some guy was being rude and asked to cut in line in front of her if she wasn’t going to move. Not that she could move, because she was waiting in line behind someone in front of her. He finally came up and butted in between the 2 of them, reached around the other person for something and walked away. Have a magical day!
I'm guessing those aren't thumbs.

Quote:
The Speedway had virtually no line, so we checked DS’s height… just barely tall enough. DW wanted to take him on his first ride and thought she might be ok to ride, despite the “expectant mother” warning. After she saw a car come into the station at its full speed of approximately 2 mph and ram into about 4 cars in front of it, she changed her mind and took the chicken exit.
I was all set to make a crack about being hesitant to go on a ride that barely moves...but then you mentioned ramming 4 cars, and I thought, "Yeah, I guess that makes sense."

Quote:
I was brave about it and let DS take the wheel (insert crappy phone picture in a moving car slamming into a center rail).
Let's see if we can take a trip down memory lane:

RRRRrrrrr......bang! RRRRrrrrrrr.....bang! RRRRRrrrrr....bang!

Quote:
We took the line to the left through the graveyard and… well… nothing. I don’t know if they had all of the effects turned off, but nothing was happening. We tried to play with some of the new interactive things in the queue and we weren’t getting any results.
No "You're #1" salutes here?

Quote:
We rode Pirates and then came out to enjoy the Pirate band performing Christmas songs with a pirate twist. DS loved them and just danced along.
Harrrrrrrrrrrk the herald angels sing...

Quote:
We headed over for a spin around Agrabah’s version of Dumbo,
What are you talking about?! Those rides are completely different! They have a camel!

Quote:
Next time you want to yell at a hormonal pregnant woman, you’re going to get to deal with the consequences. I’m not covering for you again. Got it? Good.
I'm thinking this guy could really be useful at the toppings bar in Cosmic Ray's.

Quote:
He started complaining about all these *edited* strollers and said he was going to go sit in that empty seat back there. I asked him how he planned to get there and he told me he was going to climb over those *edited* strollers. He proceeded to point to DS. I may or may not have implied that he was going to swim the rest of the way to WL if he tried to step over my kid. He turned around and didn’t say another word to me, but I heard him whining to someone about all these kids and strollers when we were walking up the dock to the hotel.

If kids are that much an issue for you, I suggest you find someplace else to spend your vacation dollars in the future…
Who would ever expect to find kids and strollers at Disney World? I don't think you're really understanding things from his point of view. Clearly he would also expect to be able to watch a game in Lambeau Field without having to listen to Packers fans cheer.

I'm glad you still got to experience MVMCP, even if it wasn't the full experience. Sounds like your plan to get your fun in while the others nap is working well!
Old 01-16-2012, 06:32 PM   #180
glennbo123
DIS Veteran

Don'cha just love people? Where's the line nazi when you need him to knock some sense into people at the fixin's bar or a crowded boat?

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: