Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-10-2012, 09:05 AM   #151
Captain_Oblivious
DIS Dad #257
Don't underestimate your audience. I'm sure there's a fart joke in here somewhere

Quote:
Originally Posted by afwdwfan View Post
Let me start this update by mentioning one of my favorite things about Wilderness Lodge… The boat to the Magic Kingdom. I love the fact that we could roll the stroller right onto the boat and then roll it up the dock and up to our room. It made things so much easier in the evenings.
Definitely. Hated dealing with the stroller on buses. We had 3 to fold up every time we got on a bus way back when. The boat is awesome.

Quote:
DW and I had discussed this during our trip planning. She wanted to have plenty of rest time, especially being pregnant. I had mentioned the possibility of my going back to the MK for EMH after they went to bed that first night. She was fine with the idea, and especially since she couldn’t ride everything, this would give me ample opportunity to get some rides in without them having to wait for me.
Like Barry said, the intonation of the word "fine" is very important here. It's sometimes known as the f-word in our house.

I gave the bus a shot on the trip back to MK, but this would be one of only two times I’d step foot on a Disney bus the whole trip. Not that the bus was bad, but the boat was just easier with a stroller.

Quote:
I realize it is a MAN LAW that the electronic device is to be put away at Disney World, but since I was solo for a few hours, I decided I’d log in on the DISboards and join in on some of the banter in the DisDads Club as I toured MK. I snapped a quick picture to post in the DDC thread… just to rub it in that I was there and they weren’t.
Only when your family is around. If you're by yourself, using electronic devices to taunt others is perfectly legal. It's what Walt would have wanted.

Quote:
We live about 40 miles from each other and were in the MK on the same day and still have yet to meet face to face.
I dunno...you have a history of avoiding DisDads who are in the area...

Quote:
I believe I rode Space 4 times (walk-on every time)

Quote:
I was just standing there with maybe 10 or 12 other people watching what was happening and I pulled out my phone to post about it to the DDC. I had just pulled my phone out of my pocket when a CM ran over and yelled at me telling me I couldn’t take pictures. It hadn’t even crossed my mind, but now that you mention it… Eh, why bother. It would just be a dark picture taken from far away with a phone anyway.
You might have seen prattpak doing something inappropriate for the camera on the ride.

Quote:
As I was posting to the DDC about Splash, I noticed that someone had posted a request for me to stop by Aloha Isle for a Dole Whip in honor of the Dads at home. Since I wanted to try an orange float anyway, I thought that sounded like a great idea. To my utter shock and horror, this is what I found
NOOOOOOO!!

Quote:
It was the first time I’ve ever spent any time in a park by myself. I wasn’t sure if I’d have fun alone, but it was actually quite nice to just have some time to myself to take in the sights, sounds and smells and go at my own pace.
Sounds like I'm gonna have to try that.

Quote:
I found DW and DS both still asleep and I quickly joined them.
Good thing. What would have happened if they were awake?
Old 01-10-2012, 09:34 AM   #152
GoofyIsAsGoofyDoes
DDC 469
Never mind the Kool-Aid, don’t drink the Beverly!
If it’s still here tomorrow… I may ignore it again

Quote:
Originally Posted by FreezinRafiki View Post

Sounds like a cleanup unit from Men In Black. You're lucky they didn't erase your memory.

Now that I think about it, we're all in danger of being hunted down my the Mouse's Secret Service and having our memories modified just for reading this.

Wait a second…

How do we know that the memory he has of that event is correct at all? If the DisMIB were out and about, it’s possible that something else went down that evening this is the new memory that Andy was given…

For that matter how do we know Andy had such a great time on his solo trip at all… the whole thing could be an implanted memory…

Which means…

All of our memories of Disney could be implanted!!!

Oh, wait…
There still great memories, so I can live with that.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-10-2012, 10:10 AM   #153
that's nice
DDC #330

Maybe the entire internet is slowing down because of this thread

Great update!

I hope to one day have a few hours of solo time in a park.

Too bad you missed the duck.

That boat to WL is key! We took it after eating dinner at WCC once and it is the best way to travel to MK.

It seems like you had the run of the park... it's nice to be able to walk on everything!
Old 01-10-2012, 10:11 AM   #154
afwdwfan
DIS Dad #460
You should always make room for a loophole when you need it

Quote:
Originally Posted by amandaw View Post
What a nice night by yourself in MK! I've never thought about doing that myself but may have to see if I could work something out like that during our next trip. I wonder what was going on at Splash!

Can't wait to hear about the big day ahead!
I think you should definitely try to do it. It really was nice to just do whatever I wanted for a few hours without worrying about somebody else not having fun.

Quote:
Originally Posted by scott2997 View Post
Great update Andy!

This experience is what I'm also hoping to get a chance to do when we take our trip down in April.

We're staying at BLT and I'm hoping for a night or two that I might be able to make a solo trip to MK during EMH to catch a few attractions!
BLT... wow, you definitely have to do it if you're withing walking distance.

It's well worth it. It is a completely different experience.

Quote:
Originally Posted by theduck619 View Post
It toatlly stunk Beverly that we missed meeting

We were soaked and everyone (except me) was ready to head back to the resort. We'll have to make a resolution to meet in 2012! And get Stopher involved as well.
Out of curiosity, where did you watch MSEP and Wishes from? We might have actually been close. I didn't really want to abandon DW and DS for a meet though, especially since we were there with our CM friend for most of the day.

I'm sorry they made you go back to the resort. You should have just told them to go on ahead so you could stay like I did. It really was a great night in the MK once the rain cleared out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilpixiebabe101 View Post
Love that you got to do MK by yourself. I really really wanted to. The one night it was open till 3 that we were there this last trip, my brother and I discussed sending my mom and Lexa back to the room after they got tired... who do you think wanted to crash first? My brother! My mom and I did a little shopping after Wishes and then we went and did the Princesses and watched the MSLP for the 2nd parade showing. Then we um took about pictures with every photopass person from the train station to the castle.. all while Alexa was asleep in the stroller! That's how we did the 3am EMH!
It was a blast! I hope you get a chance to do it sometime. That's funny that your brother was the first one who wanted to leave though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by amazingact21 View Post
I've never thought about going into MK alone, but your update made it sound kinda fun. I bet it was nice to the rides in the order you wanted, and go on them as many times as you liked without having to convince others to take one more spin.
I can't believe Aloha Isle was closed, though. Normally, EMH is a busy time for them.
It was nice. I wasn't sure how I'd feel about being there by myself, but it honestly wasn't bad. I had to ride a lot of rides as a single rider anyway, so it really wasn't much different, except for the fact that I could just do anything I wanted as I felt like it.
Old 01-10-2012, 10:26 AM   #155
afwdwfan
DIS Dad #460

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoofyIsAsGoofyDoes View Post
Ummmm… let me think about that and I’ll get back to you.
Well, I can name 2 people who were sleeping through it in WL.

Quote:
You got a good one there, and…
You owe her.
Yes. But do you remember that day at the beach that I spent in the room with a toddler throwing a tantrum while DW spent a few hours at the cabana. Credit in the bank.

Quote:
I’d like to see that some time. We’re always there during peek season, but that will change soon (of course, I’ll be paying for collage so depending on the scholarship situation, I may not be going back for a while either)
This was the first time I've ever gone in a month that wasn't July or August. It was incredible.

Quote:
The Law is that you ought not be replacing time with your kids and family in general with time on the devices.
If you’re on your own… it’s all good

Quote:
That’s understandable (it’s basically why I couldn’t put together a meet with Barry back in July).
Yeah. It really is hard. Especially when you take into account that there are other people with you. I was hoping we could meet up for EMH because DW isn't crazy about the idea of meeting strangers from a message board, but it just didn't work out.

Quote:
That however…
We've tried once or twice...

Quote:
One of my favorites too! Three walk ons in a row… that’s a win
It was hard to leave since I could just keep walking on. There were other things to see and do though.

Quote:
Yah… research… that’s the ticket.
Science is fun.

Quote:
Wow… I’d never heard of that kind of anti-photo vigilance on the part of Disney before.
Rather surprising.
Shocked me. I'm assuming it was just a typical Splash Mountain breakdown, but that type of behavior is what causes rumors to start... and believe me people were talking around there.

Quote:
Having that kind of time to just stop and enjoy…
Ahhhhhhh…
Words can't describe it.

Quote:
It should be a DisDad Goal to do this at least once.
Once may be enough, but at least once.
Once may be enough... or it may just be the beginning.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KatMark View Post
I missed two updates (sorry...a rough week...a dear friend's daughter passed away last Tuesday).
I saw that, I was sorry to read it.

I'll try to be easier on you. I know that was too much updating in one week for a DisDad TR.

Quote:
Sorry the baby got scared on the People Mover; I don't especially like that dark part myself.
I've never really noticed how long and dark it is before. There should be something visual along there just to make it interesting.

Quote:
Love the Electric Parade pictures; we've missed this since it came back.
It was wonderful to see it again. Brought back some memories. Now I just want to see Spectro again.

Quote:
How great you got some solo time at the MK and got to do some of the attractions that pregant DW couldn't do and then not making them wait for you while you rode. You are so thoughtful.
Yeah, thoughtful.

Quote:
Originally Posted by petals View Post
sounds like something secret happened on splash mountain I so want to know what happened now!

Glad that you got to enjoy all the coasters on your own!
I have no idea what happened. Rumors were starting to go around the MK and the way CM's were acting, I thought I'd wake up and see something on the news about a horrible accident and the ride would be closed for an extended period of time. I checked Mobile Magic and Lines on my phone the next morning though and both showed it up and running. Must have just been a typical breakdown, but the whole "no pictures" and clearing the bridge certainly isn't a good way to keep people from thinking it was something horrible.
Old 01-10-2012, 11:33 AM   #156
afwdwfan
DIS Dad #460

Quote:
Was she "fine" with the idea or was she "FINE." with it? Those words may seem alike, but they have completely different meanings.
When I came back to the room, my key worked.

Quote:
Bus = transportation
Boat = awesome
Monorail = awesome X infinity

Quote:
That's the best kind of "fighting the crowds" you can have!

Quote:
There is a corollaryto that MAN LAW - that you must be present and engaged with your family. Since your family was back at the hotel sleeping, no laws were broken.
Thanks for the reassurance.

Quote:
Its the night of the living walk on!

Quote:
Biting my tongue. Biting my tongue. Biting my tongue.
Why? I'd expect so much more from you.

Quote:
Sounds like a cleanup unit from Men In Black. You're lucky they didn't erase your memory.
Now that I think about it, we're all in danger of being hunted down my the Mouse's Secret Service and having our memories modified just for reading this.
No, you're thinking of Universal Studios. Oh wait a minute, am I allowed to say that here???

Quote:
It's the start of the downfall of civilization...
I assumed it was the zombie apocalypse.

Quote:
Sounds like a great night!
It definitely was.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain_Oblivious View Post
Definitely. Hated dealing with the stroller on buses. We had 3 to fold up every time we got on a bus way back when. The boat is awesome.
3 strollers? Was there anyone else there with you and Julie?

Quote:
Like Barry said, the intonation of the word "fine" is very important here. It's sometimes known as the f-word in our house.
And as I said, my key card still worked to open the door when I got back, so I'd say it's all good.

Quote:
Only when your family is around. If you're by yourself, using electronic devices to taunt others is perfectly legal. It's what Walt would have wanted.
Walt's blessing is the only thing I need.

Quote:
I dunno...you have a history of avoiding DisDads who are in the area...
Yeah, I know. But customer appreciation picnic or Dismeet. In other words, my choice was to make my employer happy and eat free porkchops, or have peanut butter and jelly with the Captain.

It was too bad Stopher had all your time locked up in the evening.

Quote:
You might have seen prattpak doing something inappropriate for the camera on the ride.
I wouldn't expect anything less from him.

Quote:
NOOOOOOO!!
That pretty much says it right there.

Quote:
Sounds like I'm gonna have to try that.
You definitely should. It really is a lot of fun. I probably never would have tried it myself if it hadn't been for reading about Stopher's solo trips.

Quote:
Good thing. What would have happened if they were awake?
I guess I would have had to tell them to keep it down so I can sleep.

Quote:
Wait a second…

How do we know that the memory he has of that event is correct at all? If the DisMIB were out and about, it’s possible that something else went down that evening this is the new memory that Andy was given…

For that matter how do we know Andy had such a great time on his solo trip at all… the whole thing could be an implanted memory…

Which means…

All of our memories of Disney could be implanted!!!

Oh, wait…
There still great memories, so I can live with that.
Wow. You are quite the conspiracy theorist. I think I just went to the park and had fun. My mind didn't feel like it was erased. I have a picture of a closed Aloha Isle, so unfortunately, I know that really happened.

Quote:
Originally Posted by that's nice View Post
Great update!

I hope to one day have a few hours of solo time in a park.
Thanks. It really was fun. Definitely worth doing if you ever have the opportunity.

Quote:
Too bad you missed the duck.
And I always thought Ducks liked the water.

Quote:
That boat to WL is key! We took it after eating dinner at WCC once and it is the best way to travel to MK.
The boat is awesome... about 99.9999% of the time.

Quote:
It seems like you had the run of the park... it's nice to be able to walk on everything!
It was great. I've never had that experience before so it was incredible being able to take advantage of it.
Old 01-10-2012, 11:45 AM   #157
FreezinRafiki
DDC 322
Cold enough for ya?
Shocking, isn't it. Oh, wait, thats a taser

Quote:
Monorail = awesome X infinity
Except when you're "waiting for traffic clearance"

Quote:
I assumed it was the zombie apocalypse.
I don't think I could think of a better place to make a last stand against the zombie apocalypse than inside Aloha Isle.
Old 01-10-2012, 01:36 PM   #158
CandleontheWater
Forever in love with Hathaway Browne

Thats awesome that you were able to log some solo time in the MK. I used to take a lot of solo trips back when we lived in Florida (pre-DS). I really enjoyed solo trips, and I kinda miss the freedom sometimes. Maybe on our Feb trip, I'll steal your idea and sneak back out for some extra magic!
Old 01-10-2012, 04:07 PM   #159
theduck619
DDC 188
I love that middle crease between the two straight sections
It's a secret passge to a man cave

Quote:
Out of curiosity, where did you watch MSEP and Wishes from? We might have actually been close. I didn't really want to abandon DW and DS for a meet though, especially since we were there with our CM friend for most of the day.

I'm sorry they made you go back to the resort. You should have just told them to go on ahead so you could stay like I did. It really was a great night in the MK once the rain cleared out.
We watched it from the right side of Main St. across from Casey's facing the castle. We saw the second MM&Y from the Candy store at the beginning of Main St.

DisDad Member #188

We are home!- 10/4/14 Follow the adventure at:
http://nicelyfamilyadoptionadventure.blogspot.com
Old 01-10-2012, 04:09 PM   #160
theduck619
DDC 188

Quote:

And I always thought Ducks liked the water.
Duck's do, In-laws do not

DisDad Member #188

Old 01-12-2012, 10:50 AM   #161
afwdwfan
DIS Dad #460

Quote:
Except when you're "waiting for traffic clearance"
Yeah, that is the one miniscule downside of riding the monorail.

Quote:
I don't think I could think of a better place to make a last stand against the zombie apocalypse than inside Aloha Isle.
Well, I might be able to come up a with a few, but that topic could be a thread on it's own.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CandleontheWater View Post
Thats awesome that you were able to log some solo time in the MK. I used to take a lot of solo trips back when we lived in Florida (pre-DS). I really enjoyed solo trips, and I kinda miss the freedom sometimes. Maybe on our Feb trip, I'll steal your idea and sneak back out for some extra magic!
It was great to spend some time there. I would love to have a chance to just stop by the parks after work or soemthing like if I lived nearby. I interviewed for a job about a year ago that likely would have involved traveling to FL once or twice each year for a couple of weeks at a time to adjust crop insurance claims for orange farmers. One of the first things I did was try to figure if it would make more sense to buy 10 day non-exp tickets or an AP.

I hope you do get an opportunity to sneak away for some me time next month.

Quote:
We watched it from the right side of Main St. across from Casey's facing the castle. We saw the second MM&Y from the Candy store at the beginning of Main St.
Wow. So, along Main Street, kind of in front of the Plaza? Or in other words, probably right across the street from me.

Quote:
Duck's do, In-laws do not
Your in-laws drive slow too. I started laughing when I heard you talking about your 17 to 19 hour drive on the podcast.
Old 01-12-2012, 05:50 PM   #162
theduck619
DDC 188

Quote:

Wow. So, along Main Street, kind of in front of the Plaza? Or in other words, probably right across the street from me.

Your in-laws drive slow too. I started laughing when I heard you talking about your 17 to 19 hour drive on the podcast.
Yes, probably right behind you.

Andy,you have no idea how slow. Not to hijack your thread, but it was painful man. We had to stop constantly as well

DisDad Member #188

Old 01-13-2012, 10:52 AM   #163
afwdwfan
DIS Dad #460

Toy Story Mania Mania

We woke up well rested and ready for a big day touring the parks. The plan today was to be at Hollywood Studios for rope drop so that we could ride Toy Story Mania. I didn’t implement the strategy for leaving the hotel room that I’d used the day before. This came back to bite me.

I couldn’t convince someone that we really needed to be out of the room by just after 8 so that we could be in the park before Rope Drop. The last time we went was 2008, shortly after TSM opened. It was a popular ride, but we were on an adults only trip. We hit up Sunset Blvd first and then headed over to grab TSM FP’s for later in the day. We completely missed all of the mad rush during that trip and she thought I was over-reacting.

We drove to DHS and we got through security right at 9:00. We were at the turnstiles just in time to see the masses already inside the park making their way around the corner near the hat. The plan was for DW to take DS and park the stroller while I grabbed FP’s, but by the time we got to Pixar Place, the FP line was back to the arches and the Standby time was 30 minutes. We were planning a long mid-day break, so FP’s were going to be out of the question at this point, and we took our place in the standby line.

DS really loved this ride. I’d have to say that this was his favorite ride in any of the parks. He laughed and giggled as the car would spin and whip us around from scene to scene. He sat on my lap and helped pull the string as I aimed the gun. We even managed to work together and get a higher score than mommy.

After we left my toy box and returned to our normal size, I took our tickets over to Sunset Blvd to grab an FP for Tower of Terror and Rock n Rollercoaster. I headed back over to rejoin DW and DS in line for Disney Junior on Stage. DS absolutely loved this show… but he absolutely loves watching Mickey Mouse Clubhouse, so he was completely awestruck watching it.

As always, Toodles came in to save the day and with the help of some other Disney Junior friends, Minnie’s Birthday party was a huge success.

If you’re not familiar with this show, the audience sits on the floor. We had to take a couple of minutes to get the feeling back in our legs before we left the theater. I got DS strapped back into his stroller and I headed over to Star Tours to grab a couple of FPs. DW was going to take DS to watch the show that was playing on the stage in front of the hat and then meet me on Sunset after I rode ToT and RnR.

I got on ToT first and just as I was fastening my seatbelt in the elevator, I felt my phone vibrate. Hmm… well, there’s nothing I can do about whatever it is right now.

It was a great ride on ToT, probably the best I’ve ever had. I was entertained by a woman in the front row who screamed profanities every time the ride dropped and then profusely apologized to everyone afterwards. I thought the ride was over twice and it shot us back up for more. We actually sat in front of the screen at the bottom long enough for people to start talking before it shot us back up one time.

I checked my phone as I left the hotel and saw that I missed several phone calls from DW. I called her up and asked where she was. They were in front of RnR, and somebody wasn’t happy.

I quickly found them and once we assessed the situation, it was determined that we needed to head back to the hotel for nap time. We strapped DS back into the stroller and he began screaming and trying to wiggle out of it. I pushed the stroller straight to the exit as fast as I could and he was kicking and screaming the whole way. We got a few sympathetic looks and some dirty looks. I really didn’t care, I just wanted them to get out of my way.

We were back at the room with about 2 hours to nap before our 1:20 ADR at Whispering Canyon. We tried to get DS settled down for a nap, but he was having none of it. We debated calling to cancel the ADR, but we needed to eat and he was bound and determined to fight sleep anyway, so we decided to suck it up and head downstairs to eat a table service meal with a toddler on the verge of another meltdown...
Old 01-13-2012, 10:57 AM   #164
afwdwfan
DIS Dad #460

Bring on the Corn!!!

We checked in at Whispering Canyon and were seated promptly at 1:20. Our server arrived at our table and we explained to her that DS was a bit temperamental today so we wanted to go ahead and order. DW and I each ordered a milkshake and the skillet. Our waitress was absolutely fantastic. She brought our drinks and even brought DS his own milkshake in a child’s cup.

I can’t remember our waitress’s name right now… I’m not very good with names and I’m writing this update at work, but I do still have the receipt at home.

It wasn’t long before our food arrived. With the mood DS was in, we didn’t want to put him in a high chair, because we knew it would be a full blown, all out screaming meltdown, so DW and I took turns holding him on our laps as we ate and fed him. He had a Mickey plate that our waitress brought out for him to use and we gave him plenty of food to choose from. As it turned out, he was only interested in one thing… corn.

We were trying to eat and keep him distracted. Our waitress even came and sat down at the table with us and started talking to him and trying to get him to try some other food. She was wonderful with him. When it became apparent that corn was all he was going to eat, she made sure to get more so that he’d have plenty.

At the table next to us, a girl who was probably around 9 or 10 years old was playing with a Nintendo DS and not eating. The waitress went over and took it and started playing it at one point. A little bit later the same girl got up to go to the bathroom and when she came back, the waitress was sitting in her seat, and a cookie that she had brought with her and left on the table had mysteriously disappeared. The waitress was just fantastic and she was great about spending time talking and getting to know the people in her section. We didn’t really participate in any of the loud shenanigans that WCC is known for, but she really was great about getting to know the people she was serving and making it a great experience.

DW and DS had finished eating and quickly headed back to the room. We’d been in WCC long enough without any screaming and we were afraid to push it too far. I still had about half of my second milkshake left and a few ribs to finish. They were too good to waste.

When I got to the room, maybe 15 minutes after DW and DS, he was still awake and unwilling to try to sleep. I strapped him into the stroller and we went for a nice long walk while DW laid down for a nap.

We walked all over the 4th floor. We walked inside the building and outside pacing the balcony. We walked down every hallway, some of them more than once. We did a few laps around the balcony above the lobby. Finally, at around 3:30, DS was napping peacefully.

So much for our plans to be over at the MK early for Mickey’s Very Merry Christmas Party…
Old 01-13-2012, 11:25 AM   #165
FreezinRafiki
DDC 322
Cold enough for ya?
Shocking, isn't it. Oh, wait, thats a taser

Quote:
I couldn’t convince someone that we really needed to be out of the room by just after 8 so that we could be in the park before Rope Drop.
I'm so lucky to have a DW that knows the ins and out of Disney as much as I do.

Quote:
The plan was for DW to take DS and park the stroller while I grabbed FP’s, but by the time we got to Pixar Place, the FP line was back to the arches and the Standby time was 30 minutes.
You're lucky! We've been 5 minutes late before and the FP line was past One Man's Dream! All in all, 30 minutes isn't too bad for TSM.

Quote:
DS really loved this ride. I’d have to say that this was his favorite ride in any of the parks. He laughed and giggled as the car would spin and whip us around from scene to scene. He sat on my lap and helped pull the string as I aimed the gun. We even managed to work together and get a higher score than mommy.
Family time and memories are great, but ultimately all that matters in the long run is beating mommy at Toy Story Mania.

Quote:
DS absolutely loved this show… but he absolutely loves watching Mickey Mouse Clubhouse, so he was completely awestruck watching it.
He's a big fan of Jake and the Neverland Pirates, isn't he? How did he like that part?

Quote:
I was entertained by a woman in the front row who screamed profanities every time the ride dropped and then profusely apologized to everyone afterwards.

Quote:
I thought the ride was over twice and it shot us back up for more. We actually sat in front of the screen at the bottom long enough for people to start talking before it shot us back up one time.
Since I'm sure you won't hear it from Mark: "That's an awesome ride! Glad you had so much fun on it!"

Quote:
DW and I each ordered a milkshake and the skillet.
Excellent choices. What kind of milkshake. Did you order off the "secret" menu?

Quote:
She brought our drinks and even brought DS his own milkshake in a child’s cup.
Nothing calms a temperamental child like a milkshake. (Or reinforces that behavior)

Quote:
As it turned out, he was only interested in one thing… corn.
How stereotypical. The Indiana kid eating corn. It's like kids from Wisconsin loving chee... oh.

Quote:
We were trying to eat and keep him distracted. Our waitress even came and sat down at the table with us and started talking to him and trying to get him to try some other food. She was wonderful with him. When it became apparent that corn was all he was going to eat, she made sure to get more so that he’d have plenty.
I love the service and interaction there!

Quote:
We walked all over the 4th floor. We walked inside the building and outside pacing the balcony. We walked down every hallway, some of them more than once. We did a few laps around the balcony above the lobby. Finally, at around 3:30, DS was napping peacefully.
My DS has always been an early riser. I remember long morning walks around Saratoga Springs with him while everyone else slept.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: