Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Meets
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-03-2012, 03:46 AM   #121
Summerl30
Mouseketeer

registered and got 11am! I am so excited!
Summerl30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2012, 09:03 AM   #122
keechie
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by Summerl30 View Post
we got that tooo I got up at 4 am to do it after seeing all the cabanas had been rented and the golf sports on the ship had been booked out for the entire cruise
I need a coffee
Register to remove

Old 11-03-2012, 12:36 PM   #123
Marshay
I'm Goofy for Mickey. Don't worry if you get a bit Sneezy -- it's just the Pixie Dust!!

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by keechie View Post
we got that tooo I got up at 4 am to do it after seeing all the cabanas had been rented and the golf sports on the ship had been booked out for the entire cruise
I need a coffee
Yay!! We actually slept in this morning and then realized we had to be somewhere at 9am. So I was worried about registering so late today.

However, we got the 11am time too!!

So we can have our own little pre-cruise party at the terminal!!

Unfortunately, the one excursion that my DD7 wanted to do (the Semi-Sub) was all booked up.

So I think we will go to Ardestra Gardens (DH and I went years ago), but will just arrange our own taxi (since we don't want to do the city tour).
Marshay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2012, 12:41 PM   #124
Marshay
I'm Goofy for Mickey. Don't worry if you get a bit Sneezy -- it's just the Pixie Dust!!

Cruise Questions

As we are getting closer to our cruise, I'd love to do some "Questions of the Day/Week". As a newbie on DCL, this will definitely benefit me, and hopefully others on this thread, too.

Please feel free to submit your own questions, too.

Today's Questions: Since I have an 11am registration but (I think) you actually don't board until 1:30pm or so, what do you do for 2.5+ hours in the terminal?

What things should we pack as carry-ons for the terminal? i.e., food for lunch, kids toys?

What should be in our carry-on for the ship, prior to getting in our room? ie. swimsuit, towel?

THANKS!!
Old 11-03-2012, 12:45 PM   #125
stmize
Dvc member since Nov 2010--WDW mom of ds 17 & dd 14

The first time we went on the dream. We boarded before that. We had lunch and our cabin was ready by 1 or before.

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards
Old 11-03-2012, 01:11 PM   #126
Stefndoug
Disney Fan

Every cruise we have ever been on, we always get to port around 10 or 10:30 and usually we are on board before lunch. You generally can't get into your cabin until 1 or 1:30, but that is why you take as little on board as you can. I figure I don't sleep anyway, so why sit at the hotel waiting...sit at the terminal and wait. We are going to get our shuttle to get us to port around 10:30.

Stefani
Stefndoug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2012, 01:13 PM   #127
Stefndoug
Disney Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marshay View Post
As we are getting closer to our cruise, I'd love to do some "Questions of the Day/Week". As a newbie on DCL, this will definitely benefit me, and hopefully others on this thread, too.

Please feel free to submit your own questions, too.

Today's Questions: Since I have an 11am registration but (I think) you actually don't board until 1:30pm or so, what do you do for 2.5+ hours in the terminal?

What things should we pack as carry-ons for the terminal? i.e., food for lunch, kids toys?

What should be in our carry-on for the ship, prior to getting in our room? ie. swimsuit, towel?

THANKS!!
It can take awhile to get your luggage to your room, so packing a few things for the afternoon is a good idea. We usually keep on small carry on with us with the basic is in just incase our luggage get's lost, etc.
Stefndoug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2012, 02:39 PM   #128
stmize
Dvc member since Nov 2010--WDW mom of ds 17 & dd 14

I'm getting so excited.

Old 11-07-2012, 11:20 PM   #129
nherbert
Earning My Ears

Only 30 days to go

Just updating our room number it is 6568.

We are also in the FE group, but I do not use Facebook. So if you make any decisions/rules about themes or items or restrictions could you do a summary post on this thread please.

We also got a 11am check in.

I am so excited about our holiday, its now only 30 days until we leave for the USA for our mega holiday.
nherbert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 03:01 PM   #130
Marshay

Quote:
Originally Posted by stmize View Post
The first time we went on the dream. We boarded before that. We had lunch and our cabin was ready by 1 or before.

Great! I'd love to get settled in early, but if not, we'll be prepared to just wander the ship.

How are you notified that your room is ready?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stefndoug View Post
Every cruise we have ever been on, we always get to port around 10 or 10:30 and usually we are on board before lunch. You generally can't get into your cabin until 1 or 1:30, but that is why you take as little on board as you can. I figure I don't sleep anyway, so why sit at the hotel waiting...sit at the terminal and wait. We are going to get our shuttle to get us to port around 10:30.

Stefani
I think we will aim to leave WDW between 9 and 9:30am. I heard it can take about 60-90 minutes. I think if we leave earlier we'll just get caught in the morning rush hour ... and don't want to leave later since we have an 11am boarding.

If for some reason, we get caught in traffic and don't arrive until after 11am, do we just get in line with the next group?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stefndoug View Post
It can take awhile to get your luggage to your room, so packing a few things for the afternoon is a good idea. We usually keep on small carry on with us with the basic is in just incase our luggage get's lost, etc.
Sounds like a plan!

Quote:
Originally Posted by stmize View Post
I'm getting so excited.

Me too! I pretty much haven't been thinking Cruise until we were able to do on-line check in...now it's definitely on my mind. Think we need to go watch the DVD again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nherbert View Post
Just updating our room number it is 6568.

We are also in the FE group, but I do not use Facebook. So if you make any decisions/rules about themes or items or restrictions could you do a summary post on this thread please.

We also got a 11am check in.

I am so excited about our holiday, its now only 30 days until we leave for the USA for our mega holiday.
Yeah, another 11am!!

Yes, we have made some guidelines on FB. I'll PM them to you directly.
Old 11-08-2012, 03:05 PM   #131
Marshay

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disneymomcat View Post
I just joined DIS boards today because I just heard about Fish Exteners. This will be mine and my son's 3 DCL. We are DVC members but this cruise is for his 13th birthday and has no idea about this trip. I don't plan on telling him until he figures it out on the plane.
Hi! I don't have you registered with the FE. Were you planning to join us?

We are going to close off the Main FE group next week and if you were planning to join, I want to make sure to include you!
Old 11-08-2012, 09:16 PM   #132
Summerl30
Mouseketeer

Is it too late for us to join the FE group? I keep going back and forth in my mind only because we are only bringing carryons since it is such a short cruise. I was thinking of just setting one up and just bringing some stuff for the kids...just whatever can fit.

Last edited by Summerl30; 11-08-2012 at 10:35 PM.
Old 11-08-2012, 09:59 PM   #133
Summerl30
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marshay View Post
Great! I'd love to get settled in early, but if not, we'll be prepared to just wander the ship.

How are you notified that your room is ready?
Just have lunch. By the time you are done, you'll likely be able to go to your room. What ever time you are given (probably 1:30-ish), just go to your room and it will be ready. luggage may or may not be there by then.
Old 11-09-2012, 08:48 AM   #134
Marshay

Quote:
Is it too late for us to join the FE group? I keep going back and forth in my mind only because we are only bringing carryons since it is such a short cruise. I was thinking of just setting one up and just bringing some stuff for the kids...just whatever can fit.
Nope, it's not too late to join the FE group. Just let me know. We have a FB page we'd like you to join so we can talk more about the FE. Just send me a PM with your full name on FB and I can add you to the group.

Once on FB, there is a post telling you what information I will need from you.

Quote:
Just have lunch. By the time you are done, you'll likely be able to go to your room. What ever time you are given (probably 1:30-ish), just go to your room and it will be ready. luggage may or may not be there by then.
That sounds great!
Old 11-09-2012, 08:52 AM   #135
Marshay

Question of the day: What do you do on Day 1?

Ok, so I have boarded the DREAM, ate lunch at Cabanas (?) and my room was all ready with luggage. Now I want to explore the ship.

Where to go and what to do?

I will have two kids (ages 3 and 7) with me.

Will there be a Navigator in the room/at the terminal listing today's activities?

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: