Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Meets
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-04-2012, 01:14 PM   #91
sweetlovin'
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marshay View Post
Anyone planning to do a Nassau excursion? If so, which one? Any to avoid?

I am considering:

Discover Atlantis
Boat Tour (Harbor Cruise or Explorer Sub)
Ardastra Gardens/City tour
Blue Lagoon beach day
or maybe one of the dolphin encounters that allows 3yo

Since my girls have never been to another country, I want to go to Nassau (we do have passports for them)

TIA!
I still have not decided about this cruise, but I am taking my 8yo in Nov and we are doing the sea lion encounter then the Atlantis water slides. She has been out of the country, but this is her first cruise (mine too) and i think it will be such a different and unique experience. Good luck with your decision.

sweetlovin' is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 06:39 AM   #92
Mama Odie
Mouseketeer

I was planning to take my almost-9 year old on one of the dolphin excursions for her birthday. She loves dolphins, so she is going to be on Cloud 9. :-) That excursion seemed to get pretty good reviews, but many of the other Nassau outings did not.

Loved our first Disney cruise so much, I even wrote a song about it!
Mama Odie is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-05-2012, 06:43 AM   #93
Mama Odie
Mouseketeer

Pirate Night

How much are you guys planning to dress up for pirate night? I keep swinging between buying up a bunch of Halloween clearance and going all-out and just sticking to pirate-y t-shirts and bandanas in order to save on luggage space.

Julie

Loved our first Disney cruise so much, I even wrote a song about it!
Mama Odie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 12:31 PM   #94
Marshay
I'm Goofy for Mickey. Don't worry if you get a bit Sneezy -- it's just the Pixie Dust!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mama Odie
I was planning to take my almost-9 year old on one of the dolphin excursions for her birthday. She loves dolphins, so she is going to be on Cloud 9. :-) That excursion seemed to get pretty good reviews, but many of the other Nassau outings did not.
I would love to do this when my DD is old enough. My DH and I did this one, or something similar about 15 years ago when we were in the Bahamas. We loved it!
Marshay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 12:37 PM   #95
Marshay
I'm Goofy for Mickey. Don't worry if you get a bit Sneezy -- it's just the Pixie Dust!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mama Odie
How much are you guys planning to dress up for pirate night? I keep swinging between buying up a bunch of Halloween clearance and going all-out and just sticking to pirate-y t-shirts and bandanas in order to save on luggage space.

Julie
Since it is our first DCL cruise, and we love to dress up, we are going all out. DH and I are pirates, DD7 may be a mermaid and DD3 will be a princess (girls don't want to be pirates but still want to dress up.). I'll have boots, leggings, skirt, vest, shirt, bandana, makeup, etc. at least that is the plan. We are hoping to do one suitcase for costumes, one for rest of clothes and one for toiletries/shoes/FE. We'll see. Ask me how well that is going in 90 days! Hahaha!

Yes, getting pirate stuff for clearance will be great! I did just a little last year, too, in prep.
Old 10-06-2012, 09:03 AM   #96
stmize
Dvc member since Nov 2010--WDW mom of ds 17 & dd 14

103 days. Woohoo. We are almost to double digits
Old 10-06-2012, 02:32 PM   #97
Marshay

Quote:
Originally Posted by stmize
103 days. Woohoo. We are almost to double digits
Woo hoo!!
Old 10-06-2012, 09:55 PM   #98
tperkins71
Earning My Ears

We just got back from our first cruise. We booked the Blue Lagoon Sea Lion experience and it was amazing.. I am not sure if they have a minimum age. We walked along the beach, etc and it was very nice. Good place to go to enjoy a beach day in Nassau....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marshay View Post
Anyone planning to do a Nassau excursion? If so, which one? Any to avoid?

I am considering:

Discover Atlantis
Boat Tour (Harbor Cruise or Explorer Sub)
Ardastra Gardens/City tour
Blue Lagoon beach day
or maybe one of the dolphin encounters that allows 3yo

Since my girls have never been to another country, I want to go to Nassau (we do have passports for them)

TIA!
tperkins71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2012, 09:58 PM   #99
tperkins71
Earning My Ears

Hi Everyone--

Looks like we will be joining you on this cruise. We just got back from a 4 nighter with you DW and myself for our 15th anniversary. We originally had a WDW trip planned during these dates as a surprise birthday trip but after getting off the Dream, we decided to take a quick cruise with the kids. It works out that they are off of school Thursday Friday and Monday so we wont have to pull them out.. There will be 5 of us, DW, DD (14), DD (11- on sailing date) and DD (4)....

If anyone has any questions about the Dream since we just got off, let me know.

Thanks!

Tom
tperkins71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 08:59 AM   #100
stmize

Just curious. Since we will be on the dream a few wks after Christmas. Will it still be decorated.
Old 10-08-2012, 01:10 AM   #101
Summerl30
Mouseketeer

We'll be on this ship as well. 5 of us in total:
myself
DH
DD8
DD6
DD5

We are all over the moon. We just told the kids although we signed up for it back in March. DH and I just got off of a mediterranean cruise about a month ago that was amazing with Royal (which was our second with Royal). This will be our first real family vacation and the kids first cruise.

Originally we were going to book a 4D, but I was curious about the portholes inside, so we booked 2 11's instead. We are so excited!
Summerl30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2012, 09:41 AM   #102
stmize

I'm getting so excited. Are you guys. Only 96 days. I can do online ck in on the 19th woohoo
Old 10-13-2012, 10:46 AM   #103
stmize

Plus it's about 81 degrees vs 61 here in flintstone
Old 10-14-2012, 03:55 PM   #104
Marshay

Quote:
Originally Posted by tperkins71 View Post
We just got back from our first cruise. We booked the Blue Lagoon Sea Lion experience and it was amazing.. I am not sure if they have a minimum age. We walked along the beach, etc and it was very nice. Good place to go to enjoy a beach day in Nassau....
Hey, this is definitely on my list in the future! Yes, they have a minimum age of 8, according to the website.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tperkins71 View Post
Hi Everyone--

Looks like we will be joining you on this cruise. We just got back from a 4 nighter with you DW and myself for our 15th anniversary. We originally had a WDW trip planned during these dates as a surprise birthday trip but after getting off the Dream, we decided to take a quick cruise with the kids. It works out that they are off of school Thursday Friday and Monday so we wont have to pull them out.. There will be 5 of us, DW, DD (14), DD (11- on sailing date) and DD (4)....

If anyone has any questions about the Dream since we just got off, let me know.

Thanks!

Tom
Welcome! That is so great to book another cruise -- shows you must love it.

Ok, my questions -- as a first time cruiser, what did you enjoy the most? what were you surprised about (either good or bad)? and what are you going to do differently next time?

Quote:
Originally Posted by stmize View Post
Just curious. Since we will be on the dream a few wks after Christmas. Will it still be decorated.
I don't know but I suspect not. Disney is usually pretty good about getting holiday decorations up/down pretty quickly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Summerl30 View Post
We'll be on this ship as well. 5 of us in total:
myself
DH
DD8
DD6
DD5

We are all over the moon. We just told the kids although we signed up for it back in March. DH and I just got off of a mediterranean cruise about a month ago that was amazing with Royal (which was our second with Royal). This will be our first real family vacation and the kids first cruise.

Originally we were going to book a 4D, but I was curious about the portholes inside, so we booked 2 11's instead. We are so excited!
Welcome! Glad to hear you liked Royal and it'll be interesting to hear how Disney is different.

We debated the whole big porthole window vs balcony but balcony won out since we have kids...hoping to use the balcony as a 2nd room when they nap or go to bed early.

Quote:
I'm getting so excited. Are you guys. Only 96 days. I can do online ck in on the 19th woohoo
Me too -- very excited!! Just curious, your on-line check-in date is based on your cruise status? I think mine isn't until November...I'm a 1st timer.

Also, what type of things are you "checking in"? I assume we can sign up for spa, tours, etc?

Quote:
Plus it's about 81 degrees vs 61 here in flintstone
Yeah, this change of weather here in Virginia caught us all with colds, making me long for warmer weather again! (has been in the 60s too)
Old 10-14-2012, 03:56 PM   #105
Marshay

Anyone else wishing to join in on the FE (kind of like a Secret Santa for the ship), please let us know.

Also, if you wish to share your Cabin Number (whether you are in the FE or not), please let us know and I'll add to the front page.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: