Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Meets
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-09-2012, 06:39 PM   #76
DisneyOHFan
Livin' for Disney

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mama Odie View Post
You might also want to post a link to our Facebook group on this FE page on Facebook. ***************************************************
Since our FB page is a "closed" group, I'm not sure there would be an advantage. No one in that FB group would be able to see anything.
DisneyOHFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2012, 09:29 PM   #77
Marshay
I'm Goofy for Mickey. Don't worry if you get a bit Sneezy -- it's just the Pixie Dust!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mama Odie View Post
You might also want to post a link to our Facebook group on this FE page on Facebook. ***************************************************
Thanks! We are just trying to be a bit cautious about putting our Actual Names and Dream Cruise dates together on-line on FB open group.

So I don't know how I could mention our cruise date without showing my full name either.
Marshay is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-11-2012, 06:11 AM   #78
sweetlovin'
DIS Veteran

I have thought about joining this cruise for a while. My son is 12 and would love a cruise where there are so many kids his age. My hesitation is that I am bringing him solo. I don't want to be ditched the entire time.

I have never cruised before, so maybe I am just naive about cruises. I am heading out there in Nov with my 8yo. Hopefully, I will have a better idea of how it all works after to make a better decision.

sweetlovin' is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2012, 07:45 PM   #79
stmize
Dvc member since Nov 2010--WDW mom of ds 17 & dd 14

Only 126 days. Woohoo
Old 09-13-2012, 08:57 PM   #80
Marshay
I'm Goofy for Mickey. Don't worry if you get a bit Sneezy -- it's just the Pixie Dust!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetlovin' View Post
I have thought about joining this cruise for a while. My son is 12 and would love a cruise where there are so many kids his age. My hesitation is that I am bringing him solo. I don't want to be ditched the entire time.

I have never cruised before, so maybe I am just naive about cruises. I am heading out there in Nov with my 8yo. Hopefully, I will have a better idea of how it all works after to make a better decision.
Let us know if you decide to join.

That is a good question about activities for a solo cruiser (when you son is constantly in the kids section).
Old 09-13-2012, 09:01 PM   #81
Marshay

Schedule for Cruise

I wanted to ask you experienced cruisers...what is a good, basic touring plan for a cruise.

Now don't laugh!

I'm not trying to go commando or anything but I know there are certain times you can check out the kids section (I assume on the first day) and there are better times than others to try out the Aquaduct (early mornings?) and show start at 7pm? in the evenings... and...

I don't even know what to ask really about what else there is.

For our first DCL, I want a small taste of a lot (!) ... I keep hearing there is tons of things to do. So excited!!
Old 09-17-2012, 01:17 PM   #82
Stefndoug
Disney Fan

Hi there, I found this forum doing a google search. I am a CruiseCritic member, but our roll call isn't very big, so I was hoping to find one somewhere else. My hubbie and I are booked on this cruise. This will be my 3rd Disney cruise and probably our 20th overall cruise. We have been on Princess, RCL, NCL, Carnival, Holland America and Celebrity. We are DVC members, so we will be staying at Animal Kingdom pre cruise. So far my group is only us and my parents. I am a huge Disney fan... I have a Mickey Mouse tattoo. We are in cabin #5188. My name is Stefani and my hubbie's name is Doug
Stefndoug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2012, 02:08 PM   #83
Sinderelly
Princess

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marshay View Post
I wanted to ask you experienced cruisers...what is a good, basic touring plan for a cruise.

Now don't laugh!

I'm not trying to go commando or anything but I know there are certain times you can check out the kids section (I assume on the first day) and there are better times than others to try out the Aquaduct (early mornings?) and show start at 7pm? in the evenings... and...

I don't even know what to ask really about what else there is.

For our first DCL, I want a small taste of a lot (!) ... I keep hearing there is tons of things to do. So excited!!
The kid's clubs willl be open the first day for tours. The best thing is to check the Navigators daily for all the activities. We found the Aquaduck the least crowded as soon as you board, late at night, early morning or while the ship is in port. Also if you have late dining, a less crowded time was during early dining. Good luck with all your planning!
Old 09-18-2012, 07:32 AM   #84
Marshay

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stefndoug
Hi there, I found this forum doing a google search. I am a CruiseCritic member, but our roll call isn't very big, so I was hoping to find one somewhere else. My hubbie and I are booked on this cruise. This will be my 3rd Disney cruise and probably our 20th overall cruise. We have been on Princess, RCL, NCL, Carnival, Holland America and Celebrity. We are DVC members, so we will be staying at Animal Kingdom pre cruise. So far my group is only us and my parents. I am a huge Disney fan... I have a Mickey Mouse tattoo. We are in cabin #5188. My name is Stefani and my hubbie's name is Doug
Welcome! I will add you to the list! I wasn't even aware of Cruise Critic...would be nice to meet others too.

There are also two January threads on DIS, too, in case you wish to join them for your ore cruise.
Old 09-18-2012, 07:35 AM   #85
Marshay

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sinderelly

The kid's clubs willl be open the first day for tours. The best thing is to check the Navigators daily for all the activities. We found the Aquaduck the least crowded as soon as you board, late at night, early morning or while the ship is in port. Also if you have late dining, a less crowded time was during early dining. Good luck with all your planning!
Thanks. We have early dining.

What do you do once you board and are waiting for your room? Do you eat or go right to the pool or aqueduct or just wander the ship or?

Also how do you know when your room in ready?

Thx!
Old 09-19-2012, 01:03 AM   #86
Stefndoug
Disney Fan

Of all the cruises we have done, i love Disney the best. My next favourite is Celebrity. We did the Disney Pacific Coastal last year and not only was it affordable, it was an amazing cruise. We don't have kids and we are still huge Disney fans. We just got back from 4 nights at the Grand Californian (thank you DVC points). Looking forward to browsing this forum a bit. Cruise Critic is a great place for all things cruises. I have met a number of people on cruises and still are friends because of CruiseCritic.

Stefani
Old 09-29-2012, 11:53 AM   #87
Marshay

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stefndoug View Post
Of all the cruises we have done, i love Disney the best. My next favourite is Celebrity. We did the Disney Pacific Coastal last year and not only was it affordable, it was an amazing cruise. We don't have kids and we are still huge Disney fans. We just got back from 4 nights at the Grand Californian (thank you DVC points). Looking forward to browsing this forum a bit. Cruise Critic is a great place for all things cruises. I have met a number of people on cruises and still are friends because of CruiseCritic.

Stefani
Sounds great!

I think it's wonderful that you cruise DCL and don't have kids.

I imagine we'll do another cruise line at some point...gotta see how we love our first family cruise in January!
Old 09-29-2012, 12:25 PM   #88
Marshay

FE -- anyone else?

As we are getting closer to our cruise , we will need to have a cut-off date to join the FE.

If you want to join the FE, please let me know asap.

We will be closing it off on/about mid-November (Nov 15, 17th?)

After that time, anyone who wishes to join a FE may start a 2nd group or can join the 1st group but understand that everyone may not be able to do a gift exchange ... esp if it involves a craft project that was made closer to the cut-off date.

Thanks!

Last edited by Marshay; 11-08-2012 at 03:13 PM.
Old 09-30-2012, 10:03 PM   #89
Marshay

Nassau Excursions

Anyone planning to do a Nassau excursion? If so, which one? Any to avoid?

I am considering:

Discover Atlantis
Boat Tour (Harbor Cruise or Explorer Sub)
Ardastra Gardens/City tour
Blue Lagoon beach day
or maybe one of the dolphin encounters that allows 3yo

Since my girls have never been to another country, I want to go to Nassau (we do have passports for them)

TIA!
Old 09-30-2012, 11:54 PM   #90
Stefndoug
Disney Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marshay View Post
Anyone planning to do a Nassau excursion? If so, which one? Any to avoid?

I am considering:

Discover Atlantis
Boat Tour (Harbor Cruise or Explorer Sub)
Ardastra Gardens/City tour
Blue Lagoon beach day
or maybe one of the dolphin encounters that allows 3yo

Since my girls have never been to another country, I want to go to Nassau (we do have passports for them)

TIA!
unfortunately, unless our financial situation changes, we will be doing things as cheaply as possible. We do want to take a taxi to Atlantis and probably do a small tour and then sit on the beach for awhile.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: