Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > Community Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-08-2011, 02:53 PM   #211
debster812
DIS Earth Angel!
Anyone have a spare phone?
Suffered from DIS withdrawals
I feel so technical, 'stick', 'unstick'
Ya Ya Sister!

I've been trying to figure out what to say/post since I first heard this news. I've been thinking about Robin, her family, and her friends since ZW first let us all know.

It's just so sad, she touched so many lives, and made so many people happy with her gift of story telling. I think lots of people felt they really got to 'know' her and her crew, because she really did let us in, and see the good, and the not so good.

I hope that her friends and family can take comfort in knowing how many people enjoyed Robin and her stories, and her sharing of some of the events in their lives.
Old 12-08-2011, 03:54 PM   #212
TwingleMum
DIS Veteran

so sorry to hear this. Her posts were the stuff of legends. RIP and prayers to Robin's family.
TwingleMum is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 12-08-2011, 07:29 PM   #213
jackemail
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by zurgswife View Post
Bennet aka Zurg is in the process of compiling all the Reports and stories we can find. After we get them together we will be sure to post some where that they will be easily accessible.

For those that were asking there is a group who is in the process of setting up a memorial fund and doing some fund raising. If your interested in more info feel free to PM me and I can give you the info.

She was one special lady and I'm glad that she touched so many....
Thank you for this info (already PM'd)..... and bumping this thread back up.
Old 12-08-2011, 08:01 PM   #214
Gretchen
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by jackemail View Post
Thank you for this info (already PM'd)..... and bumping this thread back up.
Me too... I've been reading her posts...cracking up...skin to skin contact. Still kills me!
1998 Polynesian 1999 Contemporary
1999 Carribean Beach 2000 DisneyLand Offsite
2002 Wilderness Lodge! 2004 Vistana Resort
2007 Port Orleans Riverside (Dixie Landings!)
2008 All Star Vacation home
2011 Dolphin (Birthday Bash!)
2013 Dolphin
Gretchen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2011, 08:12 PM   #215
Sandy321
Crazy enough to want to do another Half Marathon!
If it were all about me? - I'd go with the Princesses!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by zurgswife View Post
Bennet aka Zurg is in the process of compiling all the Reports and stories we can find. After we get them together we will be sure to post some where that they will be easily accessible.

For those that were asking there is a group who is in the process of setting up a memorial fund and doing some fund raising. If your interested in more info feel free to PM me and I can give you the info.

She was one special lady and I'm glad that she touched so many....
Her blog had some classic humor in them as well -

She posted about the lights that they put in their home - the one that is stationary in the ceiling - breaast lights Now honestly every time we go out, I look up and see that style of light - and I cant help it, I crack up like an 8 year old! Seriously, what is the manufacturer thinking? and I never noticed it before! Until Robin "pointed" out that "point'

****************************************2009/11/see-enormous-breast-light.html
hope it doesnt get edited out.... think pink in October

Last edited by Sandy321; 12-08-2011 at 08:18 PM. Reason: link to delswife blog
Sandy321 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2011, 09:33 PM   #216
laura74
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Some later ones are, but the "classic" one from 2003 is not (as far as I can tell), but I took the liberty of using the Internet Wayback Machine at www.webarchive.org to find the famous original reports from 2003 and extract their content and capture them in a single PDF. Here is the full report (minus the embedded photos).
Thanks so much for putting this together. I hadn't heard of Robin until the notice of her passing and all the outpouring of emotion and talk of the epic trip report of 2003. I found her blog and have been a bit obsessed with it. What a great writer and so sad that I've discovered her after she's passed. It seems strange to read her stories that are so full of life knowing that she's not there anymore. I laugh with her, but then I remember and feel a bit sad, and maybe a bit voyeuristic that I've only started reading her reports now. Does that make sense?

My condolences to Del and the crew and to all who knew her well like zurgswife. I can only imagine how much fun she was in real life and how much she will be missed.

March 06 Offsite, March 07 CSR, March 08 POR, March 09 WL, March 10 CSR, March 11 PFQ, March 12 BLT/BWV/AKV, March 13 BLT/BCV/AKV, May 14 BWV

Confessions of a Disboard Dropout

Disney Nomads...3 Resorts in 8 Nights!
laura74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2011, 07:30 PM   #217
ReneeQ
DIS Veteran

I am SO sorry to read this news! I never personally met Robin, but feel like I have lost a dear, dear friend. My condolences, thoughts and prayers go out to Del, the children, her brother, and the entire family. Zurgswife, thank you for letting us know, and please be sure Del gets all these messages. I am just so sad to read this news!

Mom to one spoiled furbaby and Aunt to two spoiled nephews
ReneeQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2011, 07:34 PM   #218
janets
A bad day at Disney is better than a good day anywhere else!

I have not been on the boards for a few days and just saw this news. I am so sorry to hear of her passing.

I agree, her posts and stories are the stuff of legends. I had many a good laugh reading her posts.

RIP Robin.

Disneyland 1991 Offsite 1992 CBR August 1997 Swan/CR Concierge January 2001 CR/DCL Wonder August 2001 CR December 2001
Offsite December 2004 POR June 2005 Offsite Jersey Week Nov 2005 WL February 3-6, 2006 Spring Break April 8-14, 2006 Free Dining Sept. 9-16, 2006 NJ Teachers' Conv. 11/4-11/11/06 Jason's 9th Birthday February 3-6, 2007 Aug. 18-25, 2007 March 23, 2008 August 16-22, 2008 April 9-17, 2009 February 18-22, 2011 July 22-25, 2011

janets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2011, 07:53 PM   #219
OhMari
WDW PreTrip and Trip Moderator

DISboards Moderator

I am in shock. I have not even on th boards or Facebook for awhile. Me and Robin got to be Facebook friends and she really was having a hard time with her mom and brother both passing away this Fall. I can't believe I missed this and wondered why she was not on Facebook, I thought she was recouping, stupid, stupid me.
OhMari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2011, 08:05 PM   #220
Teresa Pitman
DIS Veteran

What heartbreaking news. She was an amazing writer and I loved her reports. What a loss to all of us and of course her family too. I hope they know how much joy she brought to so many people.

Teresa
Teresa Pitman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2011, 11:29 PM   #221
wilderness01
Been There, Done That, Going Back!

Quote:
Originally Posted by OhMari View Post
I am in shock. I have not even on th boards or Facebook for awhile. Me and Robin got to be Facebook friends and she really was having a hard time with her mom and brother both passing away this Fall. I can't believe I missed this and wondered why she was not on Facebook, I thought she was recouping, stupid, stupid me.
No, not stupid at all. I thought the same thing. We couldn't have known.

It is just tragic and incredibly sad for her family and friends.

Prepare your child for the path, not the path for your child.
wilderness01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2011, 01:05 AM   #222
Dax
Kind hearted lady who started the DIS Support Group!
Loved by Pugs
Jadzia or Ezri?

LYMI....she will be missed....I was honored to have talked with her...prayers to her family

Dax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2011, 08:11 AM   #223
wuv tigger
I just want us to all be well
Owned lime green t-shirts BEFORE she found disboards
Dan Murphy's NOT Santa? I'm shocked!...

To Robin's family:

Thank you for sharing your journeys with Robin. It made us laugh, cry & laugh again.

Our thoughts and prayers are with you these coming weeks.

I got to know Robin through the trip reports she wrote. We also exchanged Christmas cards for a while.

RIP Dear Robin

LY/MI
wuv tigger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2011, 08:35 PM   #224
HomeSweetDisney
Like Cheap Trick I surrender.
perfectly happy eating a bowl of cereal
..."and that my liege, is how we know the earth to be banana shaped."

I just found this late last night and felt compelled to add to the many condolences and thoughts people have shared on "Wobin"

Like many others here, I have been following her trip reports for years. I am the same age as her oldest daughter and LOVED reading her reports. I never knew her personally but was lucky enough to talk to her a few times through the DIS many years ago.

What an amazing, funny, kind hearted, and loving woman she was. My heart is breaking for her family...they were such a close knit group. I can't imagine the grief they are experiencing at the loss of this amazing wife/mom/friend.

I will always cherish the memories she shared with all of us in the Disney community and I hope that her family & friends can find peace during this difficult time...

Love Ya, Mean It Robin
Old 12-14-2011, 08:43 PM   #225
LegoMom3

Me and mine are way overdue

Offering my late condolences....I've been off the CB for several weeks. SO sad to hear this news. My heart goes out to all her loved ones.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: