Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > Community Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-07-2011, 06:02 PM   #196
Geoff_M
DIS Veteran, DVC Member, "Cum Hoc Ergo Propter Hoc"

I've been re-reading her 2003 trip report and these comments really jump out now:
Quote:
Come on, this is the happiest place on earth. People worldwide know that.

When Brother and I were kids, our father brought us to Disney twice a year, every year until he died.

This is the only place we can visit him.

This is where I know my kids will visit me when I die.
I have no doubt that will be the case...

"Cry 'Havoc', and let slip Tomas Holmstrom!!!"

"In-a da crease... Out-a da crease... In-a da crease... Out-a da crease!!!!"

"Way, way back many centuries ago... Not long after the Bible began..."
Geoff_M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2011, 08:03 PM   #197
MnMomtoboys
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geoff_M View Post
I've been re-reading her 2003 trip report and these comments really jump out now:

for all of us.

Chuck and Dave!

MN: The land of 10,000 lakes and at least 1 idiot.
MnMomtoboys is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 12-07-2011, 09:36 PM   #198
wilderness01
Been There, Done That, Going Back!

I am absolutely stunned to hear about Robin. May she Rest in Peace. Gone much too young.

Prepare your child for the path, not the path for your child.
wilderness01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2011, 10:24 PM   #199
zurgswife
WDW is my Shangrala...and I'm going...life is better!!!

Bennet aka Zurg is in the process of compiling all the Reports and stories we can find. After we get them together we will be sure to post some where that they will be easily accessible.

For those that were asking there is a group who is in the process of setting up a memorial fund and doing some fund raising. If your interested in more info feel free to PM me and I can give you the info.

She was one special lady and I'm glad that she touched so many....

In Honor of Robin Costello I will miss you my dear friend.
zurgswife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2011, 11:39 PM   #200
zalansky

DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geoff_M View Post
Thanks for posting that geoff. I feel exactly the same way in that when i go, my kids can go to Disney and find me there too.

zalansky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2011, 06:58 AM   #201
RunningGirl
DIS Veteran

Delswife was before my time, but I just read that 2003 report. I just wanted to post in case her family reads here: you were so blessed to have that wonderful person in your life. To work so hard all year to make Disney that place for you where nothing bad ever happens! To have someone who loves you so much that her greatest joy while there is watching the joy on your face! I know that every time you go to Disney you will definitely find her there. She'll be with her dad.
RunningGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2011, 07:13 AM   #202
PartyOf5
Member of the Walt Disney World Moms Panel and Mickey Moms Club!

I'm so sorry to hear this news. Deepest condolences to all her friends and family. Like so many, I did not know her but followed her stories. The tampon, the Wheaties box, the commando Disney trips! I, too, would laugh until I cried. And of course it brought us all happiness when she was able to hug her palm tree! She will be missed by so many.
Old 12-08-2011, 07:50 AM   #203
Debbie
DIScovering DIS magic
WISHing my way to success!
Thought processes working overboard!
We have YOUR date so book it up!

Quote:
Originally Posted by zurgswife View Post
Bennet aka Zurg is in the process of compiling all the Reports and stories we can find. After we get them together we will be sure to post some where that they will be easily accessible.

For those that were asking there is a group who is in the process of setting up a memorial fund and doing some fund raising. If your interested in more info feel free to PM me and I can give you the info.

Thank you for taking time from your own loss to share with us, Kim. I know that you were special friends to each other, and the 'whole' that was your friendship has a huge hole for the moment. May your many memories keep you strong and bring you smiles and solace. (((hugs)))

šoš Lovin' the mouse from my Canadian house! šoš

offsite-'85
CBR-'90FWHomes-'94FWHomes-'97HIFS/BC-'99Dixie Landings-Jan. '00 (just the parents)HIFS/Dixie Landings-Aug.'00ASMu '01Courtyard by Marriott DTD '02Courtyard by Marriott DTD/Coronado Springs '03Wilderness Lodge-Marathon Weekend '05POP with youngest sister '05POP with FREE DINING '06ASMu with DH '07POP with youngest daughter '0825th anniversary trip at Poly '09POR (still Dixie in my heart) with DH '121 night Kidani Village before 7 night Disney Fantasy Cruise '13
Debbie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2011, 08:20 AM   #204
jen0610
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by YesDear View Post
Dear sweet irreplaceable Robin. From what started out as a quirky lady who wrote probably the best trip report ever to one of the most genuine friends anyone could ever want, your loss has hit me like a brick. I will always cherish your wit, your charm and your determined spirit. Your ability to take the challenges of life and turn them into humorous and amazing stories was just the tip of who you were. I will always remember your move to Orlando and the phone tree we had going to keep track to make sure you and Del made it safely. You always had a smile in your voice whenever we spoke.

Your love and devotion to your amazing kids and to Del was moving to watch. The biggest wish I hope is that you finally realized how much you meant to all of us and you believed in the natural talent you had to tell a story and make us all feel better about ourselves. I miss you and my heart aches for the loss to your family and all of your friends. I am proud to say I was one of them!
Her stories of the move and living in FL were such a joy to read. The actual moving down there and the "Speed of tarp" story - I have to smile everytime I see someone on the highway moving and they are having a tarp issue. It just takes me back to her story.
jen0610 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2011, 08:48 AM   #205
Grog
Semper Gumby
Loves to ride the riverboats
"What is Steel, Compared to the hand that wields it?"

Very sad to hear of her passing. I heard the news a couple of days ago on Facebook and just found this thread today.

Her trip reports were the best! Thanks to those who posted links.
Old 12-08-2011, 09:11 AM   #206
Kewz1
DIS Veteran

I just saw this thread. I am so sorry to hear of her passing. Prayers for her family. She touched so many of us with her stories.

Kristen
Disney 5K:2003
DCL:2000 (Wonder/Bahamas), 2008 (Magic/W. Caribbean), 2011 (Dream/Bahamas), 2013 (Magic/EB Transatlantic), 2014 (Dream/Mexico)... and now May 2015 (Dream/Bahamas)!

Kewz1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2011, 09:38 AM   #207
lucas
°o°

Quote:
Originally Posted by zurgswife View Post

Thank you for doing this.
Old 12-08-2011, 01:04 PM   #208
LoraJ

I need a vacation!
Wanted to bid on Bare Naked Ladies?!?! The Tag Fairy is Shocked!

This is very sad news

Condolences to her family.

LoraJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2011, 02:26 PM   #209
kathymc
Dances in the kitchen
TR connosseur
Misses puppy breath

Oh how sad! Condolences to her husband Del and her family. She was a witty woman who's love for her family was inspiring. She will be missed.

LYMI Wobin!
May 5-12, 2007 POP + OKW Sept 27-Oct 5, 2008 Contemporary December 4-13, 2010 - BCV
March 14-17, 2013 SSPINGS December 7-15, 2013 - BCV Next Trip - Aulani December 10-12, 2014
kathymc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2011, 02:32 PM   #210
jiminyC_fan
Missing Captain Mickey!
always let your conscience be your guide
Gotta love popcorn!

I'm so sorry to hear of her passing. She was amazing at words. We remember her most for Love Ya Mean It, LYMI. She will never be forgotten in our family. RIP.
jiminyC_fan is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: