Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > Community Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-06-2011, 09:19 PM   #166
Baloo

Laughter is the bloom
of a happy heart
Italian pixie
**WARNING**
Wand is a wooden spoon!

The way to store your treasures is to do things that are unselfish and kind, but you can’t ‘run ahead of yourself and toot your horn’ because then it doesn’t count. You do them because it’s the right thing to do but you keep it to yourself. The one person- who needs to know you did it- already knows it because He sees all and knows all.... Robin Costello

RIP funny lady...LYMI

Baloo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2011, 09:47 PM   #167
Chip_Dale
Mouseketeer

RIP Wobin
Register to remove

Old 12-06-2011, 09:50 PM   #168
Otto's Doll
Cheese and Whiskers, I just can't seem to catch their attention...
My dream came true
Stop laughing DH!

Rest in peace, Wobin....your stories made me laugh and I know you will be missed and were much loved by many...
"Mostly what God does is love you. Keep company with Him and learn a life of love. Observe how Christ loved us. His love was not cautious but extravagant. He didn't love in order to get something from us but to give everything of Himself to us. Love like that." Ephesians 5:2
Otto's Doll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2011, 09:52 PM   #169
Connieh
I'll take mine with nuts please
Good thing I knew my friend in the next stall
ometimes I laugh when I see someone's pink lace underpants through their ripped pants

I have enjoyed reading all of Dellswife's post over the years. Followed her blog for awhile. I am so sad to hear of her passing. My heart is breaking for her precious family. My thoughts and prayers go out to her family.
Old 12-06-2011, 10:04 PM   #170
BeamsofLight
One of the 'They' in 'They say it's going to rain'
I do have very comical memories of me flushing

How awful. RIP, Wobin.
~ Yearly visits with my parents 81 - 89 (offsite) - Contemporary Dec 07 - CBR May 91, 92, 96, 97, 01 - Aug 98 - Sept 00, 03 - Dolphin Oct 08 - GF Jan 10 - POFQ Sept 02 - Oct 08, 10 - Dec 07, 10 - Polynesian Dec 04 - WL Jan 04 - June 04 ~
BeamsofLight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2011, 10:11 PM   #171
Shel
Keep those alligators under the bed & away from me
Capt. Jack Sparrow! Yummy!
Do we really need a PSA not to sniff a kitty's butt?????

My deepest sympathies go out to Robin's family. What a terrible loss. She touched a lot of people with her humor and wit. LYMI.

DD 18 - Senior Picture

Me & Capt. Jack!
Shel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2011, 10:23 PM   #172
sparklynails23
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by brunette8706 View Post
Hello All!

I didn't have the honor to know Robin. She really sounded like a wonderful, down to earth lady. Was that her screen name also?

RIP Robin. May God Bless you and your family.

Brunette
"delswife" and out of all the wonderful stories of family visits to Disneyworld, hers were special..
sparklynails23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2011, 10:41 PM   #173
Tinkarella
Mouseketeer

I was in complete shock to read this. What a bright star this world has lost. My prayers are with her family and friends at this time. May they find the strength to get through this time.
Old 12-06-2011, 11:02 PM   #174
Sandy321
Crazy enough to want to do another Half Marathon!
If it were all about me? - I'd go with the Princesses!!

I keep thinking of "wobin" - I've gone to the links to re read her stories - I've laughed and I've cried, cried about the pain she's been in - but all the while, she posted such upbeat LOL posts - I found her blog (it was in my favorites, but she stopped updating - I was along for her journey, but respected her when she felt she had to step back a bit)

Thank you for sharing your talent Robin -

again, if she has this much affect on this "stranger on the Dis" I cant imagine what a void she has left for her family - my sympathies...

and like all the others, I cant help but remember "old times" when the "bad shoes"( way before crocs became the shoe at wdw btw!) were LOL hilarious - when people connected - with something (Delswife was the 'bad shoes') when strangers met - online here - and became friends - and took us along with their journeys!

thank you for sharing Robin with us, RIP

and like others...

LY/MI
Sandy321 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2011, 12:02 AM   #175
Tinker'n'Fun
"apple", peaches, "pumpkin pie", who's not ready holler "I"...
i'm just trying to be optimistic!
I am SO CLUELESS and I hate it!!

I was extremely unfortunate as I have never had the chance to read her trip reports. I have seen LYMI in passing and didn't take the time to ask. I am sure I missed out on a wonderful, Mom/Wife/and Friend to many. My thoughts and prayers go out to her family and all her friends here on the Dis.
Tinker'n'Fun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2011, 02:14 AM   #176
RNMOM
BLEEDING HEART LIBERAL

What can I say that hasn't already been said? She made me feel like one of her dear friends each and every time I read her work. She made me laugh so hard I nearly fell out of my chair. I think the best way to describe her for me is that she was so 'real'. I could see her doing all those whacky things just as if I could see it happening to me.

I have missed her over the years and hope her family knows how much joy and happiness she has spread over all our lives. I wish them peace in this difficult time.
RNMOM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2011, 04:12 AM   #177
susykt4
DIS Veteran

Oh, wow. She wrote the best trip reports ever and I enjoyed her blog. RIP, Robin.
susykt4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2011, 05:42 AM   #178
YesDear
Admired by the Tag Fairy for such a brilliant user name!Looks more like Sully, acts more like Stitch

Dear sweet irreplaceable Robin. From what started out as a quirky lady who wrote probably the best trip report ever to one of the most genuine friends anyone could ever want, your loss has hit me like a brick. I will always cherish your wit, your charm and your determined spirit. Your ability to take the challenges of life and turn them into humorous and amazing stories was just the tip of who you were. I will always remember your move to Orlando and the phone tree we had going to keep track to make sure you and Del made it safely. You always had a smile in your voice whenever we spoke.

Your love and devotion to your amazing kids and to Del was moving to watch. The biggest wish I hope is that you finally realized how much you meant to all of us and you believed in the natural talent you had to tell a story and make us all feel better about ourselves. I miss you and my heart aches for the loss to your family and all of your friends. I am proud to say I was one of them!

"Also cute and fluffy" Stitch
YesDear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2011, 06:11 AM   #179
Gretchen
Mouseketeer

Oh man. I have no words. Ahhh Delswife. What an effect you've had on so many people. Love ya, mean it! Really.
Gretchen
1998 Polynesian 1999 Contemporary
1999 Carribean Beach 2000 DisneyLand Offsite
2002 Wilderness Lodge! 2004 Vistana Resort
2007 Port Orleans Riverside (Dixie Landings!)
2008 All Star Vacation home
2011 Dolphin (Birthday Bash!)
2013 Dolphin
Gretchen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2011, 06:12 AM   #180
msmouse
ok, don't know that I can beat the dinosaur poop

Rest In Peace

I feel like I have lost a life long friend even though I met Robin and Zurgswife only once for a brief moment at Disney. Her writings would bring me from tears to laughter all in one sentence! My favorite story of hers was about her "brother" as he helped a homeless person on the side of the road.

As I read of her struggles in Florida, I felt moved to do something. That kind of talent should get the recognition it deserves, so I wrote to Oprah. I know, it was a longshot. But I explained this "Delswife" phenominon that was happening on the Dis boards and sent her a few exerpts from Robin's trip reports. I was so hoping that something good would come of it for Robin.

The world seems a little more sad without her. My sincere condolences to Del and her family.
msmouse is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: