Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > Community Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-22-2013, 06:58 PM   #1
jemmouse
DIS Veteran

So looking forward to Disney...

So this week I needed a retreatment on my root canal from January 25th. What that means is I needed another root canal on the same tooth. They had to drill through the crown and so far it is still in tact. There was an infection in it. Got meds put in tooth with a temporary filling on tooth. GO back in 3 weeks. they also put me on an antibiotic, AGAIN. Had my cortisone injections in feet yesterday, and get my knees done next week. Tooth sort of hurts still which is understandable due to all the trauma on it.

So yes I can't wait to arrive at my happy place and just be relieved. Even if some pain comes with me, which has in the past, I will be at the most magical place.

I won't lie am somewhat scared to be away from my dentist but thought about it and there are good dentists in Orlando if something should come up. Knowledge is power, right...

Life happens, but I am so looking forward to sitting on Soarin and smelling the orange fields, that is my happy place.....
Old 03-22-2013, 07:05 PM   #2
phorsenuf
Not so New Rule author on the DISSome discuss it calmly and some ...
Grandma Oboe

Location: Concord NH and now Davenport FL. Home to meth addicts and dislocated cowboys I'm told.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jemmouse View Post
So this week I needed a retreatment on my root canal from January 25th. What that means is I needed another root canal on the same tooth. They had to drill through the crown and so far it is still in tact. There was an infection in it. Got meds put in tooth with a temporary filling on tooth. GO back in 3 weeks. they also put me on an antibiotic, AGAIN. Had my cortisone injections in feet yesterday, and get my knees done next week. Tooth sort of hurts still which is understandable due to all the trauma on it.

So yes I can't wait to arrive at my happy place and just be relieved. Even if some pain comes with me, which has in the past, I will be at the most magical place.

I won't lie am somewhat scared to be away from my dentist but thought about it and there are good dentists in Orlando if something should come up. Knowledge is power, right...

Life happens, but I am so looking forward to sitting on Soarin and smelling the orange fields, that is my happy place.....
I got a quick and extensive infection under my bridge just last week. 2 emergency root canals last Friday morning. Went back today and still have the infection so he went in and cleaned things up more and hopefully we'll be all set next week to finish everything up. The pain is horrible and the antibiotics and heavy duty Motrin is tearing up my stomach.

Anyway, if something pops up get a hold of Front Street Dentistry at 609 Front Street in Celebration. They are where I am going and Dr. Negron is incredible! Highly recommend them.
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-22-2013, 07:43 PM   #3
Philagoofy
Guess my favorite dog!
You must accept dust. You must become friends with dust. You are one with dust.

I hope you have a great time and that you feel good & have no problems!!

Have fun & say Hi to Mickey for me. I haven't seen him in years.
Philagoofy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2013, 10:09 PM   #4
OhMari
WDW PreTrip and Trip Moderator

DISboards Moderator

jenmouse, I could have written that first paragraph. My dentist put a cap on, thinking that is all I needed. I kept telling him it hurt, while he was prepping the tooth. For the following 10 days I was in pain. If anything cold hit the tooth, I went through the roof. I called the dentist and he said, "you will have that."

My original dentist retired and this new dentist bought out his practice.

Anyhow, I called a Endodontist, and he saw me on an emergency basis, took an X-Ray and did the hot cold test and found out right away I needed a Root canal. he had to go through my new cap. He did the root canal in 2 visits. I am still in a little pain yet. sugary foods irritate it yet. Plus I have 2 teeth on top with silver fillings that need replacing.

The new dentist told me to make an appointment to get them capped. Um, no, you lost me as a patient. I will never go back to a dentist that will not listen when you tell him it hurts. I found a new dentist and he says the two silver filled teeth need replacing, but not right away. I sure hope so, because I had enough with teeth trauma for awhile. I truly need a Xanax next time, I literally shook, it took forever to numb.

Phorsenuf-thanks for the heads up on the dentist. I am going in 3 weeks to WDW and hopefully I won't need them, but it is nice to know where they are.

Last edited by OhMari; 03-22-2013 at 11:11 PM.
OhMari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2013, 10:20 PM   #5
low-key
DIS Veteran

we all had vacations when we got so sick but the vacation must go on, one time I went to Disney and I was snotting all over the place, I think I even got a little snot in sleeping beauty's hair
Old 03-23-2013, 12:10 AM   #6
jemmouse
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by phorsenuf View Post
I got a quick and extensive infection under my bridge just last week. 2 emergency root canals last Friday morning. Went back today and still have the infection so he went in and cleaned things up more and hopefully we'll be all set next week to finish everything up. The pain is horrible and the antibiotics and heavy duty Motrin is tearing up my stomach.

Anyway, if something pops up get a hold of Front Street Dentistry at 609 Front Street in Celebration. They are where I am going and Dr. Negron is incredible! Highly recommend them.
It stinks doesn't it?!!! I am at the point that I just hate teeth. The antibiotic I am on is Clindamyacin and it is also very hard on my stomach, I have been taking an acidopholis(I spelled wrong) pill with it and it helps, try it...Its a probiotic.

Thank you for the heads up on the dentist, that really eases my mind. Its scary being away from home and not knowing.

Hope you feel better...I was at the point where I thought of just pulling this tooth and doing a bridge, but it scared me. Is the bridge comfy? Is it true you can't floss around it? Hope you don't mind my questions, if to personal no need to reply I completely understand...
Old 03-23-2013, 01:34 AM   #7
jemmouse
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Philagoofy View Post
I hope you have a great time and that you feel good & have no problems!!

Have fun & say Hi to Mickey for me. I haven't seen him in years.
Thank you, and I will tell him
Old 03-23-2013, 01:56 AM   #8
jemmouse
DIS Veteran

[QUOTE=OhMari;47882571]jenmouse, I could have written that first paragraph. My dentist put a cap on, thinking that is all I needed. I kept telling him it hurt, while he was prepping the tooth. For the following 10 days I was in pain. If anything cold hit the tooth, I went through the roof. I called the dentist and he said, "you will have that."

My original dentist retired and this new dentist bought out his practice.

Anyhow, I called a Endodontist, and he saw me on an emergency basis, took an X-Ray and did the hot cold test and found out right away I needed a Root canal. he had to go through my new cap. He did the root canal in 2 visits. I am still in a little pain yet. sugary foods irritate it yet. Plus I have 2 teeth on top with silver fillings that need replacing.

The new dentist told me to make an appointment to get them capped. Um, no, you lost me as a patient. I will never go back to a dentist that will not listen when you tell him it hurts. I found a new dentist and he says the two silver filled teeth need replacing, but not right away. I sure hope so, because I had enough with teeth trauma for awhile. I truly need a Xanax next time, I literally shook, it took forever to numb.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I so feel for you, because I totally understand!!! I thought for one thing pain sucks, but then I just spent 1500.00 on crown and root canal and now someone wants to drill through it again and there is a CHANCE it could break and I need another one? But I did it. The Endontist told me that if this doesn't work that sometimes it doesn't then they would need to do a surgery that goes through my gum to get the bottom of the root. ANd I thought if that happens I am having it pulled and getting a bridge or a singular implant. And that was HUGE for me to think that.

I have always had sensitive teeth and often go to the dentist and have this sensitive bonding put on my teeth. It smells like Acryllic nails and he paints it on almost and then they cure it with a blue light small blow dryer looking machine. It does help, but teeth are tingling for a few days. I go this Tuesday morning to get it done. I have sensitivity to cold a lot on my teeth, NOT thankfully jump out of my skin but cold bothers them. When I was younger a kid, I hated the dentist and it brought big time fear to me. That I will admit in my early 20's I didn't go for a few years, and NEVER had problems,yes I know horrible but thankfully I never had a cavity when I finally went. Flash forward to now and for the past 20 years I go every 6 months for my teeth cleaning and check up and now I have issues all the time. I have 2 girlfriends who never go, no issues. I get a lot of issues I have noticed for about a month after my teeth are cleaned. So I honestly think I am gonna start going every 8 months now instead of 6 months.

Getting back. What number tooth was your canal done on? When you went for the 2 visits, did the first one he just clean canals out then put medicine in it? Thats what this Endontist did. And then she put a temporary filling on it. SO when I get back from Disney it will be 3 weeks and she then will finish root canal filling the canals back up. I honestly believe as well I didn't take to the first time crown was put on. The endondist said my gum line was swollen. I still feel some weird sensations by that tooth, but can't explain it. When they dd my root canal they didn't know if it was 13 or 14 because both were sensitive. I do feel eventually I will need root canal on 14. Although tonight the opposite side of my mouth a tooth over there has been quite sensitive to cold. Again I HATE TEETH

I agree with you about not liking a dentist not believing me. I really like my dentist, I just think he missed the infection don't know how but anyway. The assistant this crabby young girl told me when I said it was sensitive, she said you have no root it can't be sensitive. I looked at her and told her this place is the last place I want to be, I hate siting in this chair, so trust me if it weren't hurting I would not be here. I was mad and in pain. ANd I felt stupid because in a way I doubted myself and was just a nervous wreck. That is when i knew it was time to find the Endontist.

And I did take a Xanax, LOL...Seriously I did. And the Endontist was great but boy did her shots hurt way worse than my dentists. My dentist while he gives the shots he shakes your cheek and kind of pinches it and it really helps to one distract you and takes some sensitivity away. The ENdontist, I actually cried a tear with her shots. I NEVER had a shot in the roof of my mouth, and boy I hope never to again, although I might when I return for the second half. YIKES!

So here is to you and I and @phoresenuf that we have better tomorrows with our crappy teeth. But do look into that sensitivity treatment it does help!
Old 03-23-2013, 02:05 AM   #9
jemmouse
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by low-key View Post
we all had vacations when we got so sick but the vacation must go on, one time I went to Disney and I was snotting all over the place, I think I even got a little snot in sleeping beauty's hair

Trust me I hear you. For the past 3 years I have seen a doctor at Disney. WIth sinus infections and ear aches. As much as I LOVE Disney sometimes I feel like I am jinxed because I always am sick. Sick though is one thing, I can fix it. The tooth sure I can fix it, but I would have to see a dentist and one I don't know.

That is hysterical about Sleeping Beautys hair . I can only imagine what the poor characters and Princesses feel like at the end of their shift. They are a walking petri dish of germs, YIKES...

Thank you for making me laugh, laughter is the BEST medicine!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: