Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-27-2011, 11:54 AM   #121
aprilisis

Earning My Ears

Continued in next post....
Old 12-27-2011, 11:54 AM   #122
mickeystoontown
DIS Veteran

Man you are one updating girl today and I love it! Too bad you had to encounter a dumb drunk while at Rose & Crown but at least you were able to make the best of it despite him.

I, personally, think the spider pictures are cool. We used to have humongous garden spiders in our front yard when I was a kid. We'd catch bugs to throw in the webs so we could watch the spider roll them up. Sick I know!

|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 12-27-2011, 12:00 PM   #123
aprilisis

Earning My Ears

This seems like a good place to stop for the day. The next update will be the Osborne Family Spectacle of Dancing Lights & EMH at DHS. I hope you all have a great day!
Old 12-27-2011, 12:03 PM   #124
aprilisis

Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickeystoontown View Post
Man you are one updating girl today and I love it! Too bad you had to encounter a dumb drunk while at Rose & Crown but at least you were able to make the best of it despite him.

I, personally, think the spider pictures are cool. We used to have humongous garden spiders in our front yard when I was a kid. We'd catch bugs to throw in the webs so we could watch the spider roll them up. Sick I know!
I'm an updatin' fool today!!!
I forgot to mention another obnoxious drunken goof that I saw as I entered epcot that night. He was asking everyone what college basketball team they liked.

That's cool about the garden spiders!! I wonder if they have any bug preferences as to what they eat. I wish they would eat mosquitoes & ticks. I HATE ticks.
Old 12-27-2011, 12:07 PM   #125
PhoenixStrength
Waiting for my fairytale!

Lisa is right, you are an updating fool, and I love it too! Can I ask what kind of camera you have? You may have said it before, but I don't remember. And yeah for seeing Big Bad Voodoo Daddy, and being in the front row! When I was at Epcot last year the only one I remember was there the day I was was Jon Secada I did kinda hear him while I was in The American Adventure, but I didn't go in to se him, I was too busy exploring WS.

I thought 7 was supposed to be a lucky number?? A September TR
Old 12-27-2011, 12:30 PM   #126
KatMark
DIS Veteran

Glad you got to see Big Bad Voodoo Daddy and a front row seat to boot...with great pictures.
Old 12-27-2011, 12:33 PM   #127
aprilisis

Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhoenixStrength View Post
Lisa is right, you are an updating fool, and I love it too! Can I ask what kind of camera you have? You may have said it before, but I don't remember. And yeah for seeing Big Bad Voodoo Daddy, and being in the front row! When I was at Epcot last year the only one I remember was there the day I was was Jon Secada I did kinda hear him while I was in The American Adventure, but I didn't go in to se him, I was too busy exploring WS.
Thanks! I have a Canon Rebel T1i & I have 4 different lenses that I use with it. The zoom lens is a Tamron. I got a really good deal on Amazon earlier this year for the camera, 4 lenses, filters, an extra battery, an sd card, a case, and a tripod. I looked at it weekly for 2 years before I bought it.

The other person that I saw that week at the America Gardens Theater was Richard Marx...I only walked by. I didn't stop.
Old 12-27-2011, 12:35 PM   #128
aprilisis

Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by KatMark View Post
Glad you got to see Big Bad Voodoo Daddy and a front row seat to boot...with great pictures.
Thanks!! That was pretty awesome. They played at least 6 songs- I think more, though. I will have to get out my notes from that day. Right now I can't even remember where I ate that day!
Old 12-27-2011, 12:37 PM   #129
KatMark
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by aprilisis View Post
Thanks!! That was pretty awesome. They played at least 6 songs- I think more, though. I will have to get out my notes from that day. Right now I can't even remember where I ate that day!
Phew....I saw you post again and I thought she's done another update. Luckily, I sneaked in one of my own updates in between all of yours.
Old 12-27-2011, 01:18 PM   #130
aprilisis

Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by KatMark View Post
Phew....I saw you post again and I thought she's done another update. Luckily, I sneaked in one of my own updates in between all of yours.
I think I'm all update-d out today! I did finally catch up on subscribed threads. I love your photos from Marco Island. They make me want to go there!
Old 12-27-2011, 01:45 PM   #131
bigsis1970
Celebrating my 45th in Disney 10/10/15! Loves being Honey to the Hubs <3! What 3 trips in 2012! On the way to losing 1/3 of myself !

Thanks for the warning about the spiders - HATE them, omg i get the willies just thinking about them.. PS love all the other pics!! Yay for the front row seats!

Our family: Me - Michelle & DH - The Hubs DD -Princess B DS - Buddy Welcome home Hunny 11/26/13

Oct 9 - 18, 2015 Celebrating 45 Disney Style! Let's Eat Drink and be Happy!!!! OMG I went 3 Times in 2012 !!
Trip #1 With DD 4/7-4/14 2012!! Trip #2 With Work 4/29 - 5/2 2012!! Trip #3 Just Me and the Hubs! Hubs 1st Trip 5/2 -5/7 2012 !!
Homeowners = Aug 18, 2011
R.I.P ( Race In Peace)Uncle Bub 06/05/2010 /Bandit RIP 4/1/1997 - 10/2/2013 / Copper RIP 2/1/2001 -9/23/2011/XO miss you all
Old 12-27-2011, 02:56 PM   #132
aprilisis

Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigsis1970 View Post
Thanks for the warning about the spiders - HATE them, omg i get the willies just thinking about them.. PS love all the other pics!! Yay for the front row seats!
Thanks!! I know some people can't even look at spiders, so I had to throw that warning in there!
Old 12-28-2011, 08:49 PM   #133
407-W-DISNEY
DIS Veteran

Hi April,
Awesome pics....as always!!

Do you find it awkard switching lenses? I would love to upgrade our point and shoot...
Big Bad Voodoo Daddy must have been awesome! Good for you for scoring the front row! When we saw Taylor Dayne and 38 Special we also scored the front row! makes for a great concert to see everyone's facial expressions!

Richard Marx...he was my first concert! I actually saw him in Worcester Centrum..when it was the Centrum...gee maybe 1986 or so...it was valentine's day and I went with 3 of my friends....not really fun since the rest of the crowd was couples...

Hope you had a Merry Christmas and Santa was good to you!
p.s. I hate snakes....so if you have any pics of snakes any and all warnings would be appreciated!!!

11/1998 - Disneymoon - Grand Floridian
12/2001 - Boardwalk
05/2007 - Contempory
11/2008 - 10th Wedding Anniversary - Grand Floridian
08/2010 - Poly - hubby's 40th
09/2011 - Wilderness Lodge - my 40th
09/2012 - Caribbean Beach
11/2013 - 15th Wedding Anniversary - Animal Kingdom Lodge
Old 12-29-2011, 07:32 AM   #134
aprilisis

Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by 407-W-DISNEY View Post
Hi April,
Awesome pics....as always!!

Do you find it awkard switching lenses? I would love to upgrade our point and shoot...
Big Bad Voodoo Daddy must have been awesome! Good for you for scoring the front row! When we saw Taylor Dayne and 38 Special we also scored the front row! makes for a great concert to see everyone's facial expressions!

Richard Marx...he was my first concert! I actually saw him in Worcester Centrum..when it was the Centrum...gee maybe 1986 or so...it was valentine's day and I went with 3 of my friends....not really fun since the rest of the crowd was couples...

Hope you had a Merry Christmas and Santa was good to you!
p.s. I hate snakes....so if you have any pics of snakes any and all warnings would be appreciated!!!

Thanks! For this trip, I changed lenses in the room because I didn't want to carry around my backpack full of lenses. I have a case that fits just the camera & whatever lens is attached, so I used that.
WOW- Richard Marx at the Centrum!!! I think my first concert at the centrum was the Monkees reunion tour.
I hope YOU had a merry Christmas, too! Mine was nice- everyone got along & everything went smoothly.
I don't think I have any photos of snakes, so don't worry. Is it just snakes, or do lizards freak you out, too??
Old 12-29-2011, 08:37 AM   #135
Grumpy's Wife
Dollar Tree gal here
sissy fluffed, sissy fluffed!
I'll have one of what ever the tag fairy is drinking tonight
Chocolate is a girls heaven

What a great first day. Love all your pictures too.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: