Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-04-2011, 03:25 PM   #1
GSUJillybean
Mouseketeer

Is this a good enough surprise to keep the secret? 'Cause it's killing me.

So, we're staying at CSR from March 3-10, right? And we were gonna drive down from ATL Friday , and hotwire a room Friday night before checking in on Saturday. I was going to get up at 6:30, drive over and check in and get our park passes at CSR on Saturday, and be at DHS at 9am to meet my son's hero, Lightning McQueen.

Well, I used the room only discount to book Friday night at CSR so we could swim and chill and unpack before our Free Dining package begins on Saturday.

No one knows but me yet. I saved so much on Christmas presents this year that hubs would never notice the extra $100 missing-- I handle the money.

The surprise is KILLING me, though. Should I tell, or keep it secret? We're driving, so I figured I'd offer to take over at our last stop before we get there.
GSUJillybean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2011, 03:27 PM   #2
GSUJillybean
Mouseketeer

CRAP. I picked the wrong resort thread. Can someone move this?

Sorry!
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 12-04-2011, 03:28 PM   #3
Chuck S
DVC Boards Co-Moderator

DISboards Moderator

Moved from DVC Resorts.

DVC Member at OKW since 1992
Chuck S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2011, 03:52 PM   #4
padawans
DIS Veteran

Why not surprise them on Christmas. You could wrap up a note or something. Were surpising our kids with a trip this dec, but we just decided to go a few days ago. I don't think I could keep a secret like that from my dh. Good luck.
padawans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2011, 03:53 PM   #5
L-Harper
DIS Veteran

That's exciting! Just keep it a secret. It's like a late Christmas present for him. We'll be in the World at the same time!

Please vote for my photo in the DIS photo contest! {HERE}
L-Harper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2011, 03:55 PM   #6
mom2maggie
DIS Veteran

Hey - we'll be there at the same time! We'll be there from 3/4-3/11!

Me DH DD8 DD4
mom2maggie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2011, 03:59 PM   #7
GSUJillybean
Mouseketeer

I would tell him for Christmas, but we're keeping the secret from the four year old until the day of the trip.

He will ask me every day for the next 89 days if today is the day we're going to see Mickey, and I just don't have it in me to tell him no 89 times.

So, we're going to get him up, rush him along like we're getting ready for school, then put him in the car and wait for him to catch on. We'll tell him we're going on vacation, which, bless him, he thinks means we're staying in a hotel with a pool. So, until we get there, that will be enough for him. Then he'll be incredibly surprised when we get there.

So, nothing disney-related for Christmas, sadly. I think I'll just keep the secret. Someone tell me it gets easier to do it.
Old 12-05-2011, 01:32 AM   #8
juliesunshine
Earning My Ears

It doesn't get easier. In fact, I always worry that a family member will ruin the surprise by telling DH and DS... Perhaps you should consider taking your sister to buy her silence.

Can't blame a girl for trying? Also, I have 6 days left until my trip. Nananananana.
juliesunshine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2011, 02:13 AM   #9
bumbershoot
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by GSUJillybean View Post
I would tell him for Christmas, but we're keeping the secret from the four year old until the day of the trip.

He will ask me every day for the next 89 days if today is the day we're going to see Mickey, and I just don't have it in me to tell him no 89 times.
FWIW, it can be a great way to start teaching kids about time and calendars and how days go by. DS was a bit older when I actually showed him a calendar, but at around that age we started with the countdown chains. That way they can be pointed to the chain (which they have been a part of making! to really get the FEEL for *that many days* as they are glued together and the chain gets longer) and see how it's now getting *shorter*.

The chain also helps you keep from saying "no" all the time, as the chain can be pointed to and he can see that it's still longer than one link long.

Made weight goal 1yr8m8days after starting...currently maintaining 85 lb loss thanks to Weight Watchers!
bumbershoot is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2011, 02:18 AM   #10
Crazy4Disney06
DIS Veteran

They know about the trip right? If so I would just tell them.....so they can be excited about one more day at Disney.
9-96 ~ WDW - Wilderness Lodge / 6-98 ~ DL (graduation gift) - FairField Inn/ 3-00 ~ DL (DisneyMoon) - Stovalls Inn / 5-03 ~ DL - Super 8/ 7-04 ~ DL - Hyatt Regency Orange County/ 8-21 - 8-27-07 ~ WDW - POP / 10/11 - 10/19/08 ~ WDW - CBR & Disney Wonder / DL ~ 10/5 - 10/9/09 Disney's Paradise Pier Hotel / 12/15 - 12/20/2011 ~ Our first Holiday Season with Mickey @ ASMu / Villas At Disney's Grand Californian Hotel ~ D 12/16 - 12/21/12 /Tinkerbell Half Marathon Weekend @ DL 1/16 - 1/20/14 / Next: Aulani Hawaiian Resort 8/24 - 8/30/14

DVC Owners Since 3/2012
Crazy4Disney06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2011, 04:40 PM   #11
GSUJillybean
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by juliesunshine View Post
It doesn't get easier. In fact, I always worry that a family member will ruin the surprise by telling DH and DS... Perhaps you should consider taking your sister to buy her silence.

Can't blame a girl for trying? Also, I have 6 days left until my trip. Nananananana.
YOU ARE A BAD SISTER.

I read this reply earlier and didn't know it was you and thought it was the weirdest reply ever, actually.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: