DVC RESALES
DVC RESALES

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Vacation Club > DVC-Mousecellaneous
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-04-2011, 09:59 PM   #1
mickey1979
Earning My Ears

61 days till our first dvc trip

Our first dvc trip is just 61 days away or just 60 days when I wake up in the morning. This is in feb. How was your first trip ( on dvc points) and how have your trips been sense?
Old 12-05-2011, 04:13 AM   #2
taaren
"There is more treasure in books than in all the pirate's loot on Treasure Island." - Walt

Saw on another thread a line that resonated ... DVC changes the way you vacation the way driving a Corvette changes your commute to work. We didn't need to anticipate too much since we bought in mid-June, the resort opened in October and we had our first stay in early November. The pictures I have of my DS5's face in that room that first year are priceless ... now its becoming old hat for him.
I couldn't believe that staying at a Deluxe property with the proximity and amenities were something we could afford, and am awed by this every time we check in though we're starting to adjust.
Beware, each trip you'll want to stay a little longer or in a larger room and addonitis will set in quickly. We've definitely become more relaxed about the way we do the parks, used to try to open and close the park, run to the various rides, and now some days we do 10-15 rides, other days we sleep in and only cover half a dozen and wander around the parks and enjoy the pool time and resort and naps!
Being able to cook has also been great, definitely reduced our dining bill. Have been adjusting our grocery order each year and now we have it perfect to where we eat all the groceries before we check out.
Enjoy your first trip as DVC members!
DLR: BW Raffles, Marriott FFI, Hilton Anaheim, BW PPI, Marriott ResInn GG, Anaheim Marriott, VGC, DLH. Cruises: Wonder Repo 9/20/11, Pixar CA Coast 10/7/12, Dream 12/6/12. Aulani mini-TR w/ view and food pix. Dec 2012 PTR/TR of DLR vets taking on the World! New P/TR of 2013 Bi-Coastal Disney-ing.
taaren is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 12-05-2011, 05:59 AM   #3
jupers
DIS Veteran

We had our first DVC stay last month at BWV. We are going to SSR next month and then I am going alone with DD in June. I would never in a million year plan trips like this if it wasn't for DVC. I found the OCT trip so relaxing because I knew I would be back. I also don't find myself planning every second of our trip because I know we will back soon....I just need to stop going to WDW so I can save points to go to Hawaii or California!
June '12-BCV and BLT; Jan '12-SSR; Oct 11-BWV; Jul '11-Offsite; '09-POR (family trip before Dad passed, best time ever); '07-POR & Wilderness Lodge; '03-Universal Hard Rock-(Wonderful, but not the same); '99-POFQ (Honeymoon-if I knew then...)'93-One Day from Tampa'84-CR'78-Poly
ME DH DD (11) DS (6)
jupers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2011, 08:59 AM   #4
moredisneyplease
Working towards more DVC!

First DVC stay was 6 years ago at and OKW one bedroom! i've been spoiled ever since! Enjoy your up coming trip!

I've been booed
moredisneyplease is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2011, 06:28 PM   #5
BUDDYBEAR
DIS Veteran

HAVE FUN AND WELCOME HOME
BUDDYBEAR is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: