Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-04-2011, 07:46 AM   #1
jayyyloooo
Mouseketeer

Annual Pass Check In

If I booked a package using an AP (either to get a room only discount or be able to get a package with dining without buying tickets), at check in does the person who has to show their AP have to be the person whose name the reservation is under or can it be anyone on the reservation???

(backstory: I'm going with friends but the only way I can go is since I have an AP, but they are planning on getting dining so then I'd have to buy the park tickets even though i already have my ticket unless we book it using my AP)
Old 12-04-2011, 08:34 AM   #2
vicki_c
DIS Veteran

I'm not 100% sure, but I think you have to be the lead on the reservation.

Be aware that you can't purchase the ticketless AP package w/dining unless you have either (1) an AP discounted room or (2) a full price room. You cannot do that if you are using any other kind of room discount, like a general public discount.
June 1978 - Poly / Nov 1996 - Yacht Club / Jan 2001 - Poly / Jan/Feb 2004 - Wilderness Lodge / 2004-2006: Animal Kingdom Lodge, Nick Hotel, Caribbean Beach, Port Orleans Riverside, HI Sunspree, Buena Vista Suites, Caribe Royale / Jan 2008 - Poly / June 2008 - Saratoga Springs and Villas @ Wilderness Lodge / Nov 2008 -Boardwalk Villas / Dec 2008 - WL, Beach Club Villas and Beach Club / June 2009 - POFQ and Poly / Jan 2010 - AKV, 4 night DCL & BCV / Nov 2010 - POFQ / April 2011 - SSR / Nov 2011 Swan / Jan 2012 - BC/ April 2012 OKW / April 2014 AoA & AKV
vicki_c is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 12-04-2011, 09:00 AM   #3
PixieDustFanatic
Mouseketeer

Our last trip, we booked with an AP discount, but didn't pick up the APs until the next day. The front desk was fine with us showing our AP later than at check in. So I think if you showed it when you arrived, it'd be okay.

Oct. 9-15, 2010-Swan; Nov. 11-19, 2011-GF Sugar Loaf; Feb. 4-11, 2012-POR; Sep. 20-Oct. 1, 2012-Wyndam Bonnet Creek
PixieDustFanatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2011, 10:03 AM   #4
seashoreCM
All around nice guy.

Often guests have been permitted to check in with an AP room rate without the annual pass but are generally expected to show the AP within 24 hours. Still this may end up requiring a single purpose journey to somewhere (for example Downtown Disney) , the purpose being to obtain the AP in timely fashion.

Examples of single purpose journeys:
"To market, to market, to buy a fat pig. Home again, home again, jiggety jig.
"To market, to market ..." (too off topic to quote it all)

Last edited by seashoreCM; 12-04-2011 at 10:08 AM.
seashoreCM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2011, 07:25 PM   #5
snykymom
Still tagless after all these years

The person with the AP has to be the lead on the reservation to book a ticketless dining package. However, the person with the AP doesn't have to be the one who checks in first. Anyone named on the reservation can check in at any time.

If your friends want to book the reservation, they only need buy a 1 day base ticket to buy the dining plan (2 days for free dining). You can keep that ticket to use in the future; unused tickets never expire.
snykymom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2011, 08:00 PM   #6
cbg1027
I knew I had converted him when he started pointing out hidden Mickeys to me!

Any adult on the reservation can check in, regardless of whether they are the AP holder. You just need to be prepared to show the front desk your AP once you arrive.
cbg1027 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: