Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-02-2011, 11:42 AM   #1
captain america 2003
Always ready to see The World !

Has touringplans.com changed the crowd levels for some dates in Dec. ?

Someone told me that they heard something about this but wasn't sure of the dates . Now I can't see the changes for our dates (if there are any). Could someone confirm this , and if so what are the affected dates with new crowd levels . Your help is greatly appreciated . Our dates are :
Sun. 12/11 - Wed. 12/21
Old 12-02-2011, 12:25 PM   #2
luvmy2babies
DIS Veteran

Because touringplans is a pay site, people probably won't post the information from it in here. I know the only thing I have posted from there are past numbers like “In October we were at MK and it was a 6.6 out of 10”.

June 2012: Going with the flow with Tropical Storm Debby TR (1st 5 days): http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2953583
June 2013: Our Disney World Road Trip TR: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3137685
May 2014: Best trip yet. Working on the TR
luvmy2babies is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 12-02-2011, 12:48 PM   #3
captain america 2003

I realize that , but...

they had the info up for free for a certain period to view those dates and now if they changed them (crowd levels) they should allow us to view the changes they made so we can plan accordingly. I think that's only fair. Otherwise don't post the info for anyone to see for free . Only for subscribers . And , yes I know other sites like easywdw have free crowd level calendars but I feel that touringplans numbers have always been accurate for when I've gone , so, "if it ain't broke don't fix it ."
Old 12-02-2011, 01:04 PM   #4
PIRATEGIRL007
DIS Cast Member
OMG! I am about to jump up and down!
real technical words, aren't they!

Sometimes if they make alot of changes they will post the info on thier blog. Not sure it that requires a subscription or not but you could check there.
PIRATEGIRL007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2011, 01:19 PM   #5
captain america 2003

I understand your point...

however , I planned my itinerary based on the info they provided for free and if they make changes to that information , which again was available for free (for a certain time frame I understand) don't keep that info from me and stand behind the "if you want updates then subscribe" line . That I don't think is fair . I buy their book every other year and they used to publish it right in the book as I'm sure most here know . Just my opinion . Not trying to pick a fight , just wanted to see if anyone could confirm the info and maybe pass on what should be ,again , in my opinion , free updates . I've been planning and looking forward to this trip for over 7 years with my beautiful wife for our 25th Anniversary and just want to know if I should make any adjustments to our itinerary . Thanks for listening . Sorry if I upset anyone . Just defending my position .
Old 12-02-2011, 01:28 PM   #6
PIRATEGIRL007
DIS Cast Member
OMG! I am about to jump up and down!
real technical words, aren't they!

think of the info as a free sample. I like going to my Sam's Club when they have free samples but just b/c I loved that asiago cheese bread bite they offered they won't let me take a whole loaf home without paying for it, even though they are giving it away free bite by bite.

I really would second the easywdw suggestion. Josh has already updated his calendar w/ the december changes and and that may help you figure out if the changes are major enough to pay to sub to tp to see what thier changes are. I skimmed thru the changes on there and it didn't look like a lot but we aren't going in Dec so I didn't read it all.
PIRATEGIRL007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2011, 01:28 PM   #7
marshallj
Earning My Ears

check your pm's

I sent you a message.
Old 12-02-2011, 01:30 PM   #8
LaurenLC
DIS Veteran

I'm sorry, but pay for the service if you want to utilize it.
LaurenLC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2011, 01:56 PM   #9
Maggie'sMom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by captain america 2003 View Post
they had the info up for free for a certain period to view those dates and now if they changed them (crowd levels) they should allow us to view the changes they made so we can plan accordingly. I think that's only fair. Otherwise don't post the info for anyone to see for free . Only for subscribers . And , yes I know other sites like easywdw have free crowd level calendars but I feel that touringplans numbers have always been accurate for when I've gone , so, "if it ain't broke don't fix it ."
But that's not how it works. They put 30 days of levels one month in advance to entice people and show what's available on the site. If you want to get the updates, then pay the $9.99 (or whatever the cost is currently) to get the updates. They are entitled to run their business however they like, and it is perfectly fair that they charge for the crowd levels if they wish to.

There are discount codes available in the allears.net newsletter. I believe mousesavers.com also has a discount code.
Maggie'sMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2011, 01:58 PM   #10
jaysmom4285
DIS Veteran

I was about to post exactly what Maggie'sMom said. Great minds.
jaysmom4285 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2011, 02:07 PM   #11
captain america 2003

Sorry if I upset anyone

I still feel that this is like a bait and switch if they give you something and then change it . All they have to do is post only the dates affected not the entire outdated/expired calendar listing. Again , just my opinion and I guess not a popular one . Of course they can run their site/business however they wish but that doesn't necessarily make it fair .
Old 12-02-2011, 02:20 PM   #12
LaurenLC
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by captain america 2003 View Post
I still feel that this is like a bait and switch if they give you something and then change it . All they have to do is post only the dates affected not the entire outdated/expired calendar listing. Again , just my opinion and I guess not a popular one . Of course they can run their site/business however they wish but that doesn't necessarily make it fair .
You're kidding, right? Touringplans doesn't force you to use their FREE information to help plan YOUR trip! Things change and they are under NO obligation to reissue you the information if it does change. If you want the current information pay the 9.99 for a year subscription... People pay THOUSANDS of dollars for a vacation, but you draw the line at an extra ten bucks? Seriously, I wish they wouldn't provide any information for free when other people pay for it!
LaurenLC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2011, 02:30 PM   #13
luvmy2babies
DIS Veteran

I only thought they did that so you could see what the site has to offer before paying for it. I was not trying to upset you, just letting you know what might occur from your question. I hope you enjoy your trip.

June 2012: Going with the flow with Tropical Storm Debby TR (1st 5 days): http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2953583
June 2013: Our Disney World Road Trip TR: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3137685
May 2014: Best trip yet. Working on the TR
luvmy2babies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2011, 02:37 PM   #14
captain america 2003

OK,I see everyones point...

and again I don't want to upset anyone . I'm not cheap . I understand that they are giving a free preview to entice people to buy or subscribe . That's business . I get that . What I don't think is right is that if you give me something for free and then a couple of weeks later tell me that what you gave me is no longer any good but if you subscribe I can give you the corrected information that I don't think is fair . I would rather you not have given me the FREE info to begin with . While I appreciate anything and everything anyone is willing to give me I think that in this case they are better off not giving out FREE info and just making it a subscription service only . Otherwise when info changes let everyone see it . Just my opinion . And again sorry if I upset anyone .
Old 12-02-2011, 03:16 PM   #15
notfrostyjosh
DIS Veteran

Perhaps you could think of the "preview" as a "free trial." Should you wish to unlock the "full game," you will need to buy it. The link right above the calendar says the exact same thing: "Subscribers get full access to the full Crowd Calendar, but here's a teaser" and "The next 30 days are available to subscribers." So yes they are baiting you, but there's no switch. You get what you pay for and exactly what's advertised.

My favorite are the people who say something like, "But, I'm only going for seven days, why should I pay for a whole year?"

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: