Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Pre-Trip Reports and Plans
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-06-2011, 03:38 PM   #16
jenny105
DIS Veteran

I'm in!

Your poor cats! Our cat would never let us do that. He's a bit tempermental, at best. Isn't it funny how dogs seem to always know to look at the camera?

Looking forward to reading more about your trip! And how we're both going to celebrate our 30th
Old 12-07-2011, 06:24 AM   #17
Imagineer5
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenny105 View Post
I'm in!

Your poor cats! Our cat would never let us do that. He's a bit tempermental, at best. Isn't it funny how dogs seem to always know to look at the camera?

Looking forward to reading more about your trip! And how we're both going to celebrate our 30th
Hi Jenny! Thanks for stopping by!! When I last was at WDW, it was for my 28th birthday and we had done the Give A Day, Get A Day so we had those awesome FP's & spent the day at MK. I think I'll also choose MK this birthday, though mainly bc it's our 1st park day & baby's first trip and we'll be at BLT so it just makes sense to go to MK.
Register to remove

Old 12-07-2011, 07:18 AM   #18
Imagineer5
DIS Veteran

So I'll give you all a run-down of my rough plans, including restaurants we'd like to revisit or try for the first time. Trying to keep a baby in mind (and honestly, never ever being at a restaurant WITH a baby) but still wanting to go to some of the nicer places...I've tried to make it fairly balanced. Input is definitely welcome!!

Thursday 10/4 - late flight & check in to BLT around 7PM. Dinner??

Friday 10/5 - my 30th birthday!! MK Day! breakfast at Crystal Palace (we've been before), lunch at the Wave (also been before), and dinner at my favorite restaurant - California Grill.

Saturday 10/6 - Kona Bfast (new to us), EPCOT!, lunch at the Biergarten (new) (not looking forward to German food but I think DH & baby will like it), and then dinner at 1900 Park fare (new).

Sunday 10/7 - Bfast at Chef Mickey's (new), check out of BLT, head to AK for the day. Lunch at Y&Y (been before), then check into condo, do some grocery shopping/laundry/quiet evening in condo.

Monday 10/8 - DHS, 50's Prime Time (been before), dinner at Flying Fish, possibly Fantasmic which we've never seen

Tuesday 10/9 - pool day/ downtown disney. Lunch at T-Rex (new), dinner at Artist Point.

Wednesday 10/10 - MK? Bfast somewhere (Ohana which is new to us, maybe), lunch at LTT (new) or WCC (new)

Thursday 10/11 - EPCOT, lunch at Akershus (new), dinner at Cape May (MUST DO according to DH lol)

Friday 10/12 - AK? No particular plans

Saturday 10/13 - No idea yet, but dinner at Ohana (new)

Basically I was trying to utilize the monorail resort restaurants while we were staying at BLT. I'd also like to return to Sanaa, Rose & Crown for Illuminations, Coral Reef, Raglan Rd, and possibly do a Wishes Dessert Party.

We'd also like to do a Haunted Carriage Ride at the Fort Wilderness.

On all previous trips we've done a number of fun things outside the norm, like both the Segway tours (both awesome!!) so I'm looking for similar stuff we can do with a baby.

Also considering hiring a babysitter for 1-2 nights (maybe Artist Point night among them) but not sure how I feel about that. Does that make me a bad person to already be planning babysitter nights out when I'm still pregnant?? LOL
Old 12-07-2011, 09:17 AM   #19
jenny105
DIS Veteran

OMG. We're doing the same thing for our birthdays. Great minds think alike! Definitely planning on spending the day in MK, breakfast at Crystal Palace, and dinner at California Grill. Maybe we'll cross paths!

Ohana is really yummy and so is Biergarten! I wasn't sure I was going to like Biergarten but I ended up loving it. We plan on going back next trip.

I want to check out the Haunted Carriage ride too. I've heard good things about it.
Old 12-08-2011, 05:22 AM   #20
Imagineer5
DIS Veteran

Quote:
OMG. We're doing the same thing for our birthdays. Great minds think alike! Definitely planning on spending the day in MK, breakfast at Crystal Palace, and dinner at California Grill. Maybe we'll cross paths!

Ohana is really yummy and so is Biergarten! I wasn't sure I was going to like Biergarten but I ended up loving it. We plan on going back next trip.

I want to check out the Haunted Carriage ride too. I've heard good things about it.

Wow that is hilarious!! I only chose the Wave for lunch bc we had a great time there and I thought it'd give us a nice break in the day. Last bday I went to Crystal Palace, CRT for lunch, and Artist Point for dinner (Cali Grill was booked...boo). Artist Point ended up being fantastic, but you just can't beat the whole experience at Cali Grill!!

I don't eat meat/seafood which is why I'm not too thrilled about either Ohana or Biergarten, but esp Biergarten (oh and I don't drink beer LOL). DH is into all of that though, and I do love me some potatoes so I figured I'd give it a shot. Any recommendations on the food there?

I've heard good things about vegetarian meals at Ohana though, and if nothing else the bananas foster bread pudding will keep me happy!!
Old 12-08-2011, 02:49 PM   #21
jenny105
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Imagineer5 View Post
Wow that is hilarious!! I only chose the Wave for lunch bc we had a great time there and I thought it'd give us a nice break in the day. Last bday I went to Crystal Palace, CRT for lunch, and Artist Point for dinner (Cali Grill was booked...boo). Artist Point ended up being fantastic, but you just can't beat the whole experience at Cali Grill!!

I don't eat meat/seafood which is why I'm not too thrilled about either Ohana or Biergarten, but esp Biergarten (oh and I don't drink beer LOL). DH is into all of that though, and I do love me some potatoes so I figured I'd give it a shot. Any recommendations on the food there?

I've heard good things about vegetarian meals at Ohana though, and if nothing else the bananas foster bread pudding will keep me happy!!
I've never been to Cali Grill. I'm really looking forward to it.

The mac and cheese at Biergarten was yummy. They have plenty of German side dishes to try as well. Save room for dessert! There's a show on stage during the meal so you'll have something to keep you occupied. I think you'll like it. And Ohana is jgreat. I could fill up on the noodles alone. You'll have plenty of choices even if you don't eat meat so I wouldn't worry!
Old 12-09-2011, 07:41 AM   #22
Imagineer5
DIS Veteran

Quote:
I've never been to Cali Grill. I'm really looking forward to it.

The mac and cheese at Biergarten was yummy. They have plenty of German side dishes to try as well. Save room for dessert! There's a show on stage during the meal so you'll have something to keep you occupied. I think you'll like it. And Ohana is jgreat. I could fill up on the noodles alone. You'll have plenty of choices even if you don't eat meat so I wouldn't worry!
Mmm Cali Grill is definitely awesome! Can't wait to book ADRs in April!

Thanks for the tips on Biergarten/Ohana!

Anyone have any tips for Fantasmic? Should we skip it AGAIN this trip? IDK how she'll do, but I'm hoping she'll be fine with fireworks/loud noises (plan to test this out on the 4th!) but of course if she isn't this will be a moot point. But, F! is still really late w/ a lot of waiting. We've never done it before, though, and I'd really like to see it!! Hmmm...maybe this should be the babysitter night LOL.
Old 12-09-2011, 12:41 PM   #23
RyansMommy1
Mouseketeer

subbing! Congrats on the baby news.. can not wait to hear more of your Disney plans!
Old 12-09-2011, 01:33 PM   #24
debrapagliasotti
DIS Veteran

Sounds like you have lots of great choices picked out for dining.
Old 12-12-2011, 06:39 AM   #25
Imagineer5
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by RyansMommy1 View Post
subbing! Congrats on the baby news.. can not wait to hear more of your Disney plans!
Thanks! And welcome!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by debrapagliasotti View Post
Sounds like you have lots of great choices picked out for dining.
I sure hope so!! I'm sure plans will change once we take her to a few restaurants to see how she does.

A couple we are friends with have a 6 mo old daughter and they won't go out to a restaurant with her. IDK if it is because they haven't actually done it yet, or the experience was so terrible they don't want to repeat it...LOL

Nothing new to report...though I'm 32 weeks today!! My next "goal" is to get to 36 weeks, then I'm going to start on the countown big-time. I'll start some red raspberry leaf tea and evening primrose oil too, just to hopefully help things along a little bit hehe.

My main complaint is still the terrible headaches that I get daily. And recently they have been waking me up at night, too. I'm already not getting to sleep very well (back hurts!!) but now, when I am asleep, waking up with a pounding headache is NOT fun!

Oh and we have a breastfeeding class tomorrow night! DH is reluctant to go, but he is going - just afraid he'll be the only guy/DH there. We'll see!
Old 12-12-2011, 09:10 AM   #26
khertz
Proud member of the WHO DAT NATION!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Imagineer5 View Post
Thanks! And welcome!!

I sure hope so!! I'm sure plans will change once we take her to a few restaurants to see how she does.

A couple we are friends with have a 6 mo old daughter and they won't go out to a restaurant with her. IDK if it is because they haven't actually done it yet, or the experience was so terrible they don't want to repeat it...LOL

Nothing new to report...though I'm 32 weeks today!! My next "goal" is to get to 36 weeks, then I'm going to start on the countown big-time. I'll start some red raspberry leaf tea and evening primrose oil too, just to hopefully help things along a little bit hehe.

My main complaint is still the terrible headaches that I get daily. And recently they have been waking me up at night, too. I'm already not getting to sleep very well (back hurts!!) but now, when I am asleep, waking up with a pounding headache is NOT fun!

Oh and we have a breastfeeding class tomorrow night! DH is reluctant to go, but he is going - just afraid he'll be the only guy/DH there. We'll see!
Just found your PTR & joining in! I had kind of the same experience planning our most recent trip, except that I wasn't planning while pregnant, it was only once DS was born that we started to plan. However, they change SO MUCH month to month that I had no clue what he would be able to do, what his schedule would be, what his temperament would be, etc. by the time our trip rolled around! My best advice for this would be plan the trip you want, and change accordingly as you learn your baby. For example, DS has always been a weird sleeper. He would sleep fine in his pack & play, then his crib, at night, but for naps, he couldn't be put down! He would wake up within 10 minutes, so I spent several months on the rocker in his room with my Nook holding him while he slept for a couple of hours. It was madness, and eventually he grew out of it. But I was worried about him being able to nap in the stroller. So we took practice outings to the Zoo, the Aquarium, the park, etc and discovered he would in fact nap in his stroller, and that if there was a lot going on for him to look at, he could even skip or postpone his nap and not be a beast like he would be at home!!

As for the restaurants, we also took lots of practice outings to go eat. We discovered that he does well for a little while, but generally is hard to entertain for a meal, especially a long one. So we decided to cut back on our trip and only planned one sit-down lunch, and 2 character breakfasts. On the actual trip, he did great for the character breakfasts for the most part because there was always something happening, although he would start getting restless towards the end. Our lunch at Sci-Fi was just not worth it. He was going crazy the whole time! So I think it will be awhile before we plan anymore lunch or dinner sit-downs in Disney World. However, I'm telling you MY experience with MY child. Your little girl will have her own personality and she may do GREAT for sit-downs! After all this rambling, my point is just that you can really have no expectations for your trip & have to be able to change at the last minute as you learn your baby's personality and tolerances.

And to help with loud events (fireworks especially!), we got these: Peltor Baby Earmuffs. We put them on DS one night when we went to the parks and decided to try to stay for Wishes. He fell asleep well before the fireworks, so we slipped the earmuffs on him and he mostly slept. Stirred a little towards the end, but nothing major. They really helped!

Sorry for rambling! We just learned SO MUCH taking DS on his first Disney trip! I'm doing a TR, so if you'd like to follow along, you might find some tips you never would have thought of for traveling with a baby! I read tons of TR's of people taking their babies to prepare for our trip & learned a LOT!
JULY 1994 // Offsite & Universal Studios & Busch Gardens | APRIL 1998 // All Star Music & Universal Studios |FEBRUARY 2001 // All Star Music & Universal | MARCH 2003 // All Star Music & Universal // Hard Rock Hotel | FEBRUARY 2004 // All Star Music & Universal // Royal Pacific & Sea World | OCTOBER 2007 (Disneymoon!) // Port Orleans French Quarter & Universal Studios // Royal Pacific | DECEMBER 2009 // Wyndham Bonnet Creek PTR/ TR | JULY/AUGUST 2010 // Wyndham Cypress Palms TR | NOVEMBER 2011 // Wyndham Bonnet Creek PTR/TR | MAY 2012 // Disneyland // Wyndham Dolphin's Cove TR | AUGUST 2012 // Disneyland 5 Year Anniversary Trip // Peacock Suites TR | OCTOBER 2012 // Wyndham Bonnet Creek PTR/TR | OCTOBER 2013 // Wyndham Bonnet Creek & Universal // Royal Pacific PTR/"I Wanna See My Castle!" October 2013 TR | MAY 2014 // Wilderness Lodge Adventures at 40"! May 2014 TR
khertz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2011, 10:14 PM   #27
RyansMommy1
Mouseketeer

Started my own PTR and just catching up on yours.

I always brought my baby to resturants with me and still do. At 4yeaars old its more difficult then it was when he was a baby. Don't get discouraged!! There is one thing to keep in mind though.. try to make your ADRs to a schedule that your baby's on. OR bring her during her nap time-- after she's already asleep not when shes trying to sleep!!

Hope your headaches start getting better... I never had that experience ... or I mentaly blocked it after and don't remember Either way hope they get better! D
Old 12-13-2011, 06:01 AM   #28
Imagineer5
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by khertz View Post
Just found your PTR & joining in! I had kind of the same experience planning our most recent trip, except that I wasn't planning while pregnant, it was only once DS was born that we started to plan. However, they change SO MUCH month to month that I had no clue what he would be able to do, what his schedule would be, what his temperament would be, etc. by the time our trip rolled around! My best advice for this would be plan the trip you want, and change accordingly as you learn your baby. For example, DS has always been a weird sleeper. He would sleep fine in his pack & play, then his crib, at night, but for naps, he couldn't be put down! He would wake up within 10 minutes, so I spent several months on the rocker in his room with my Nook holding him while he slept for a couple of hours. It was madness, and eventually he grew out of it. But I was worried about him being able to nap in the stroller. So we took practice outings to the Zoo, the Aquarium, the park, etc and discovered he would in fact nap in his stroller, and that if there was a lot going on for him to look at, he could even skip or postpone his nap and not be a beast like he would be at home!!

As for the restaurants, we also took lots of practice outings to go eat. We discovered that he does well for a little while, but generally is hard to entertain for a meal, especially a long one. So we decided to cut back on our trip and only planned one sit-down lunch, and 2 character breakfasts. On the actual trip, he did great for the character breakfasts for the most part because there was always something happening, although he would start getting restless towards the end. Our lunch at Sci-Fi was just not worth it. He was going crazy the whole time! So I think it will be awhile before we plan anymore lunch or dinner sit-downs in Disney World. However, I'm telling you MY experience with MY child. Your little girl will have her own personality and she may do GREAT for sit-downs! After all this rambling, my point is just that you can really have no expectations for your trip & have to be able to change at the last minute as you learn your baby's personality and tolerances.

And to help with loud events (fireworks especially!), we got these: Peltor Baby Earmuffs. We put them on DS one night when we went to the parks and decided to try to stay for Wishes. He fell asleep well before the fireworks, so we slipped the earmuffs on him and he mostly slept. Stirred a little towards the end, but nothing major. They really helped!

Sorry for rambling! We just learned SO MUCH taking DS on his first Disney trip! I'm doing a TR, so if you'd like to follow along, you might find some tips you never would have thought of for traveling with a baby! I read tons of TR's of people taking their babies to prepare for our trip & learned a LOT!
WOW thanks for all the wonderful tips!! This is exactly what I hoped to get out of starting a PTR!! I also checked out your TR and am loving reading it. I have searched for every TR w/ babies and there are only a few out there!

We will def be planning to change our plans LOL. Considering I have to do ADR's early April, when she's only around 2 months old, I'm sure we'll be cancelling/changing things around as time gets closer. And, changing days to suit her. That's also why we're going for 10 nights, so we can spend a whole day relaxing if need be, or a morning at a park and the rest of the day at the pool. Typically I'm way more commando but know that has to change!

Your napping experience scares me!! but I know each child is different. She's going to start daycare when she's around 12 weeks old, who knows how that'll factor into things too. I do plan to work on getting her to sleep in multiple places (like, we have her room, the co-sleeper in our room, and the pack n play downstairs in the living room that I want her to be comfortable napping/sleeping in all of them).

We are already looking forward to all those "practice outings" and "practice eating out" LOL.

I'm def getting those earphones too, thanks so much for the tip! They are already in my Amazon cart LOL.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RyansMommy1 View Post
Started my own PTR and just catching up on yours.

I always brought my baby to resturants with me and still do. At 4yeaars old its more difficult then it was when he was a baby. Don't get discouraged!! There is one thing to keep in mind though.. try to make your ADRs to a schedule that your baby's on. OR bring her during her nap time-- after she's already asleep not when shes trying to sleep!!

Hope your headaches start getting better... I never had that experience ... or I mentaly blocked it after and don't remember Either way hope they get better! D

Hi! I'll check out your PTR too! Thanks for the tips on the ADR time. I have no idea what her schedule will be though!! Even when we make ADR's - she'll be 2 months old and I'll be home with her, then a month later she starts daycare and a new schedule. I do know when we'll be waking her up in the morning's though - as daycare starts at 6:30AM so I suppose that is a start LOL.

Thanks - I hope they get better too!! They have just been unbearable but from what I've read there is really nothing to do about them, since all the meds pregos can't take. Luckily I don't have high blood pressure, which is the one thing my doc was concerned about.
Old 12-13-2011, 06:05 AM   #29
Imagineer5
DIS Veteran

So I'm thinking about pre-paying for the photopass CD before the trip. We've never done PP before, as it never really seemed worth it, but now it might be nice to get some "professional" photos.

And speaking of professional photos, I was thinking of doing a photoshoot!! Thoughts?

I peeked at the October 2012 thread a few days ago and there was mention of plans for the MNSSHP. I hadn't really given it any thought, but now I'm thinking it might be a lot of fun to see the parade / hallowishes. IDK if it is worth it though...
Old 12-13-2011, 07:52 AM   #30
Leger13
DIS Veteran

Followed you over from Khertz TR. Congratulations on baby girl! And yay for a WDW trip! We'll be there with our 14month old (at the time) in February. I love new babies so I had to jump on to your PTR especially since it's so new and there's not a lot of catching up to do

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: