Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Pre-Trip Reports and Plans
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts
 
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 02-14-2012, 03:29 PM   #46
Joyciemc
DIS Veteran
 
Joyciemc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Quincy, MA
Posts: 2,734

First- glad your mom's surgery went well! An April 2013 WDW trip would be a great thing to look forward to!


I am getting very antsy for park hours for October! I just subscribed to Touring Plans yesterday, so I am starting to make park plans for my May trip. Once that's done, I'll start playing around with their projected hours for October.
Joyciemc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2012, 04:06 PM   #47
smile4stamps
DIS Veteran
 
smile4stamps's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Still in CA for work but my home and heart is in Colorado!
Posts: 4,427

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joyciemc View Post
First- glad your mom's surgery went well! An April 2013 WDW trip would be a great thing to look forward to!


I am getting very antsy for park hours for October! I just subscribed to Touring Plans yesterday, so I am starting to make park plans for my May trip. Once that's done, I'll start playing around with their projected hours for October.
Park hours would be sweet! But for now I am trying to use the touring plans forecast for at least a guide to get started... I'm kinda scared though! Saturdays are "9!" That may be a good rest day! Or maybe the Discovery Cove day if I decide for us to do that...
smile4stamps is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 02-14-2012, 04:28 PM   #48
jenny105
DIS Veteran
 
jenny105's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: NJ
Posts: 8,842

Quote:
Originally Posted by smile4stamps View Post
Park hours would be sweet! But for now I am trying to use the touring plans forecast for at least a guide to get started... I'm kinda scared though! Saturdays are "9!" That may be a good rest day! Or maybe the Discovery Cove day if I decide for us to do that...
I saw that too. We're planning on hitting a waterpark and Downtown Disney on Saturday!
__________________

Me DBf Kris Mitzu
Sept 2015 ASMu/DCL ~ August 2013 GF ~ Oct 2012 AKL ~ April 2011 DL Paradise Pier ~ Oct 2010 POP ~ Sept 2009 WL/DCL/BCV ~ Nov 2008 RPR Universal ~ Jan 2008 POP ~ April 2007 POP ~ Jan 2006 POP
jenny105 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2012, 05:06 PM   #49
smile4stamps
DIS Veteran
 
smile4stamps's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Still in CA for work but my home and heart is in Colorado!
Posts: 4,427

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenny105 View Post
I saw that too. We're planning on hitting a waterpark and Downtown Disney on Saturday!
Our first full day will be one of those Saturdays! I usually like to go to MK first but not if its gonna be a total zoo! I'm not sure what to do... planning on the Food & Wine Classic at the Swolphin that evening so maybe just make the first day a relax from travel day? Sounds kinda weird to me to be at Disney and not IN DISNEY! But I HATE crowds so I am at a loss!
smile4stamps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2012, 12:04 PM   #50
jenny105
DIS Veteran
 
jenny105's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: NJ
Posts: 8,842

Quote:
Originally Posted by smile4stamps View Post
Our first full day will be one of those Saturdays! I usually like to go to MK first but not if its gonna be a total zoo! I'm not sure what to do... planning on the Food & Wine Classic at the Swolphin that evening so maybe just make the first day a relax from travel day? Sounds kinda weird to me to be at Disney and not IN DISNEY! But I HATE crowds so I am at a loss!
We only have one Saturday during our trip. We arrive on a Sunday and leave the following Monday so it's toward the end. If I were you, I'd just relax and maybe try to do a park that has EMH at night? Or maybe pick a park that has the best crowd prediction? I love MK and I know what you mean about going there first but if there's a wall of people around you, you're probably not going to enjoy it!
__________________

Me DBf Kris Mitzu
Sept 2015 ASMu/DCL ~ August 2013 GF ~ Oct 2012 AKL ~ April 2011 DL Paradise Pier ~ Oct 2010 POP ~ Sept 2009 WL/DCL/BCV ~ Nov 2008 RPR Universal ~ Jan 2008 POP ~ April 2007 POP ~ Jan 2006 POP
jenny105 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2012, 12:20 PM   #51
smile4stamps
DIS Veteran
 
smile4stamps's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Still in CA for work but my home and heart is in Colorado!
Posts: 4,427

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenny105 View Post
We only have one Saturday during our trip. We arrive on a Sunday and leave the following Monday so it's toward the end. If I were you, I'd just relax and maybe try to do a park that has EMH at night? Or maybe pick a park that has the best crowd prediction? I love MK and I know what you mean about going there first but if there's a wall of people around you, you're probably not going to enjoy it!
A park with evening EMH wouldn't make any difference since we will be attending the Swolphin Food & Wine classic from 5:30-9ish.. unless of course its MK... but after drinking all you can drink wine I don't think a Theme Park is where I want to head after!! Or I may be

I thought I had a brainstorm yesterday! I want to book the Steam Train Tour and thought oh... that would be a good time for that!

Then I realized... Um at MK by 7:15 am after flying the day before and possibly attending the Swolphin Food & Wine classic that night (yes I am considering going both dates!)... probably not so good an idea!!

Back to the drawing board on possible activities!
smile4stamps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2012, 11:44 PM   #52
smile4stamps
DIS Veteran
 
smile4stamps's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Still in CA for work but my home and heart is in Colorado!
Posts: 4,427

So this thread needs some PICTURES!!

Since our trip revolves around food I am going to post food pictures from our last trip in 2009...

The first restaurant we went to was Crystal Palace but unfortunately I forgot to take pictures of the food... I remember the food being ok but nothing spectacular. I AM booking it again though just for the early admission to MK to see a mostly empty Main Street!

I'll have to plan another early morning to MK to see Rope Drop! they don't do a Rope Drop Ceremony at DL so I am really looking forward to this if I can get hubby up early that many mornings during our trip!

Next up will be Liberty Tree Tavern!
This was the first place my husband experienced the awesomeness of Disney with his Allergies!

The only appetizer we really wanted was the Fried Cheese... unfortunately there was the chance of cross contamination... BUT the chef was willing to do a new batch of oil just so we could get the Cheese Sticks! (I think they probably did a small pot or something)

Glorious Fried Cheese!!


Our main courses were good as well but the other item I am looking to repeat there is my dessert! The Ooey Gooey Toffee Cake! (I think that is what it was called!)

Yum!!
smile4stamps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2012, 12:33 AM   #53
DisneyStitch626
DIS Veteran
 
DisneyStitch626's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Alberta, Canada
Posts: 5,853

Mmmm, those Mozza sticks look so yummy! My mouth is watering.

You like Liberty Tree Tavern? This is the place we picked in MK as the menu looked the best for us.
__________________
DisneyStitch626 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2012, 12:41 AM   #54
DisneyStitch626
DIS Veteran
 
DisneyStitch626's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Alberta, Canada
Posts: 5,853

I guess you call them fried cheese there, but we call them mozza sticks here, and they are so good with a marinara sauce.
__________________
DisneyStitch626 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2012, 12:16 PM   #55
smile4stamps
DIS Veteran
 
smile4stamps's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Still in CA for work but my home and heart is in Colorado!
Posts: 4,427

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyStitch626 View Post
Mmmm, those Mozza sticks look so yummy! My mouth is watering.

You like Liberty Tree Tavern? This is the place we picked in MK as the menu looked the best for us.
Yes.. Liberty Tree Tavern was VERY Good! We enjoyed our main courses as well!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyStitch626 View Post
I guess you call them fried cheese there, but we call them mozza sticks here, and they are so good with a marinara sauce.
We call them Mozzarella sticks here... on the menu they are listed as "Friend Cheese" because they are supposed to come with 2 different kinds... ours only had the mozzarella ones as they were special made.
smile4stamps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2012, 12:51 PM   #56
smile4stamps
DIS Veteran
 
smile4stamps's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Still in CA for work but my home and heart is in Colorado!
Posts: 4,427

Up next on my reminiscing is Hoop de Doo Musical Review...

I've seen some rumors floating around that it is not going to be running this Fall but I am very hopeful that they are simply that... RUMORS!

Hubby and I thoroughly enjoyed the show in 2009 and he is even looking forward to returning...

See... A Smile!!




I guess I didn't take any pictures of the food here! It was pretty decent though and filling! I believe my hubby had some of the wine! And enjoyed that too! I REALLY REALLY HOPE its not closed and we can go again!!
smile4stamps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2012, 12:53 PM   #57
jenny105
DIS Veteran
 
jenny105's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: NJ
Posts: 8,842

I love HDDR! I went there for the first time in 2009 and was pulled up on stage to can can dance. I thought I was safe because they didn't come near our table all night. Then I turned to my left and there was one of the actors holding out his hand and smiling. I had flip flops on and was so terrified that one was going to fly off and hit someone in the head while I was kicking LOL. That place is such a good time!
__________________

Me DBf Kris Mitzu
Sept 2015 ASMu/DCL ~ August 2013 GF ~ Oct 2012 AKL ~ April 2011 DL Paradise Pier ~ Oct 2010 POP ~ Sept 2009 WL/DCL/BCV ~ Nov 2008 RPR Universal ~ Jan 2008 POP ~ April 2007 POP ~ Jan 2006 POP
jenny105 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2012, 12:59 PM   #58
smile4stamps
DIS Veteran
 
smile4stamps's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Still in CA for work but my home and heart is in Colorado!
Posts: 4,427

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenny105 View Post
I love HDDR! I went there for the first time in 2009 and was pulled up on stage to can can dance. I thought I was safe because they didn't come near our table all night. Then I turned to my left and there was one of the actors holding out his hand and smiling. I had flip flops on and was so terrified that one was going to fly off and hit someone in the head while I was kicking LOL. That place is such a good time!
We were Category 3 up in the balcony... When that was all we could get I was scared but it ended up being perfect... WE were all the way on the right side overlooking the stage... I think I preferred that seating to Category 2!!


As a TA have you heard anything about HDDR being closed for Refurb?
smile4stamps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2012, 01:08 PM   #59
jenny105
DIS Veteran
 
jenny105's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: NJ
Posts: 8,842

Quote:
Originally Posted by smile4stamps View Post
We were Category 3 up in the balcony... When that was all we could get I was scared but it ended up being perfect... WE were all the way on the right side overlooking the stage... I think I preferred that seating to Category 2!!


As a TA have you heard anything about HDDR being closed for Refurb?
I haven't heard anything about it being closed. I've heard the rumors about CG but nothing about HDDR. If I hear anything, I'll let you know.
__________________

Me DBf Kris Mitzu
Sept 2015 ASMu/DCL ~ August 2013 GF ~ Oct 2012 AKL ~ April 2011 DL Paradise Pier ~ Oct 2010 POP ~ Sept 2009 WL/DCL/BCV ~ Nov 2008 RPR Universal ~ Jan 2008 POP ~ April 2007 POP ~ Jan 2006 POP
jenny105 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2012, 01:36 PM   #60
smile4stamps
DIS Veteran
 
smile4stamps's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Still in CA for work but my home and heart is in Colorado!
Posts: 4,427

Can I just say how much harder it is to try and plan your days when the F&W festival is going on and MNSSHP?

There are so many F&W events I want to do that it is a great big puzzle!! It looks like I won't be able to make MK the first park Unless of course I brave that "9" day but I'm not sure I want to do that! Hopefully the numbers will change and it won't be that crowded!
smile4stamps is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:00 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.

You Rated this Thread: