Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Pre-Trip Reports and Plans
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-17-2011, 09:44 AM   #31
jenny105
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by smile4stamps View Post
I will keep it as part of the plans then!! Of course still have to be able to make he ADR!! I hear it is sometimes hard to get!!
It can be but with the new cancellation policy & credit card guarantee in place, I don't think it will be as difficult as it was in years past.

Me DBf Kris Mitzu
Sept 2015 ASMu ~ August 2013 GF ~ Oct 2012 AKL ~ April 2011 DL Paradise Pier ~ Oct 2010 POP ~ Sept 2009 WL/DCL/BCV ~ Nov 2008 RPR Universal ~ Jan 2008 POP ~ April 2007 POP ~ Jan 2006 POP
jenny105 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2011, 11:31 AM   #32
smile4stamps
DIS Veteran

Location: Still in CA for work but my home and heart is in Colorado!

Hi Everyone... I received some news yesterday that may change my plans for this trip. My mom has Breast Cancer and she lives in Wisconsin and I live in California so I will need to use my sick/vacation time to visit and help her out so I am unsure if I will have any vacation time in October.

I am going to continue planning as it gives me something to look forward to but it might be for a future year!

We don't know any details yet about my moms cancer so not sure how much/what kind of treatment she will need but if you are the praying type we would appreciate any and all prayers!
smile4stamps is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 12-22-2011, 11:59 AM   #33
Joyciemc
DIS Veteran

Paula, I am so sorry to hear about your mom. I am hoping her treatment is straight forward and that her recovery is quick. Please keep us updated on how she is doing.
Joyciemc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2011, 01:26 PM   #34
jenny105
DIS Veteran

I'm so sorry to hear about your mom. My brother's girlfriend was diagnosed with breast cancer earlier this year and just finished up her treatments a few weeks ago. I'll keep her in my thoughts. Keep us posted

Me DBf Kris Mitzu
Sept 2015 ASMu ~ August 2013 GF ~ Oct 2012 AKL ~ April 2011 DL Paradise Pier ~ Oct 2010 POP ~ Sept 2009 WL/DCL/BCV ~ Nov 2008 RPR Universal ~ Jan 2008 POP ~ April 2007 POP ~ Jan 2006 POP
Old 12-23-2011, 01:51 PM   #35
smile4stamps
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joyciemc View Post
Paula, I am so sorry to hear about your mom. I am hoping her treatment is straight forward and that her recovery is quick. Please keep us updated on how she is doing.
Quote:
Originally Posted by jenny105 View Post
I'm so sorry to hear about your mom. My brother's girlfriend was diagnosed with breast cancer earlier this year and just finished up her treatments a few weeks ago. I'll keep her in my thoughts. Keep us posted
Thank you ladies!! When I learned the news I was just devastated. Im still breaking into tears at random times but my mom is being very positive so I need to be that way too!! She doesn't want me to come home to visit till after she has surgery which should be scheduled next week. She has a PET scan tomorrow (to make sure the cancer isn't elsewhere) and a MRI on Monday. So far it looks like the Cancer is Stage II as it does have one lymph node involved (hopefully that is all!)

Jenny... your brothers girlfriend must have been very young! I will pray the treatments cure here and it does not come back!

So... I've been having some thoughts regarding October. My Mother really wants to take her grandkids to WDW. (my younger brothers kids, they are 3 and 5 right now, would be 4 and 6 in October) I am just thinking but if she is recovered and treatment is completed and I work enough extra hours maybe we could swing 5 or so days with them.... I would still want to do 10-14 days or so with hubby and then 5-7 with my family... (SO I would get my 3 weeks lol!!) We will have to see how the next few months go for my mom but it might be something for her to look forward to!
Old 01-04-2012, 08:43 AM   #36
Imagineer5
DIS Veteran

I'm really sorry to hear about your mom - hoping for some positive news soon!

It sounds like you might have a great plan ahead for October, and it'd be so much fun for your mom to go to WDW with the grandkids!

I'll keep looking for updates and hoping things are going well!
Old 02-11-2012, 10:41 PM   #37
smile4stamps
DIS Veteran

I'm Back!! Man I missed the DIS but I just haven't had much time! January was a CRAZY month as well as the start of February... Things are calming down now but the rest of the month is still gonna fly by!!

So an update! October will just be Hubby and I. With the treatments my mom needs to have she will not be ready for a trip in October.. In fact will probably just have finished up the radiation treatments. My mom instead is looking to plan an April 2013 trip...

So the end of December I received a PIN in the mail for 30% off resorts! I am still hoping to swap into DVC through RCI but just incase that doesn't work I wanted us booked somewhere with the great rate.... So I booked Coronado Springs!! My husband loves Southwest Architecture so I thought that would be good for him! I was torn between all the Moderates but my PIN had a REALLY short expiration time so I just wanted to book something just in case! Ideally I would have loved WL but just too expensive for 2 weeks!!

My mom ended up having Surgery in January so I went back to WI to be with her for 10 days! she is doing well with that and will start her Chemo treatments next week. She has TONS of family support back home so I know she will be taken care of.

Once I got back to CA we had to pack up the rest of our House as February 1 was moving day! My husband and I are now living separately but it was a decision we made to allow for a better future! I get to fly to Colorado on the 21st to see my Hubby, our doggies, and our House!! I'm so excited!!

So that's the abbreviated version of the last 6 weeks!!
Old 02-11-2012, 11:50 PM   #38
DisneyStitch626
DIS Veteran

Paula, glad to see you back!

Good to see you are still planning your trip for October. Also glad that your Mom's surgery went well, and hope the rest goes well for her also.

Will you be taking the April 2013 trip with her too?
Old 02-12-2012, 03:57 AM   #39
smile4stamps
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyStitch626 View Post
Paula, glad to see you back!

Good to see you are still planning your trip for October. Also glad that your Mom's surgery went well, and hope the rest goes well for her also.

Will you be taking the April 2013 trip with her too?
Hi Andrea!!

I hope all is well with you! Big Day coming up!!

Yes I would most likely join them for the April trip!!
Old 02-13-2012, 02:48 PM   #40
smile4stamps
DIS Veteran

Holy Moly!!!

I was on the RCI website this afternoon checking for another week we want to get in Las Vegas and happened to look up Walt Disney world as well... There are Dates listed for September Another month or so and I should be able to see if I can get anything there for us!! It won't be "cheap" for us to do the exchange considering all the maintenance dues I pay yearly on my timeshare but at least that part is already paid for and all I have to pay is the exchange fee and then there is a Disney fee....

Just so excited now!

I'm having a hard time planning this trip without knowing park hours and F&W event details... I know the F&W event details won't be out till at least July but bring on the Park Hours so a tentative plan for which park to go to and then I can plan some of our meals!!
Old 02-13-2012, 02:58 PM   #41
jenny105
DIS Veteran

The September park hours were posted on the Disney TA website today. So I'm hoping by mid-March the October hours will be out. For now I'm going based on what touringplans.com is predicting. Better than nothing!

Me DBf Kris Mitzu
Old 02-13-2012, 03:07 PM   #42
smile4stamps
DIS Veteran

Quote:
The September park hours were posted on the Disney TA website today. So I'm hoping by mid-March the October hours will be out. For now I'm going based on what touringplans.com is predicting. Better than nothing!
My touring plans subscription ended awhile ago and I haven't renewed Since I may be going in April next year as well I wanted to wait till then to renew so it lasts through that trip!!

I was going to use easywdw for best days advice but they won't have it up till the park hours are released I am sure.
Old 02-14-2012, 06:29 AM   #43
smile4stamps
DIS Veteran

Some non-food things to do!

So while this trip is going to be focused a lot on the food obviously that can't be all or we would gain 100lbs!!

So some of the special things I am planning include:

The Magic Behind the Steam Trains Tour
A Carriage Ride
MNSSHP of course...
Cirque du Soliel
Mini Golf (maybe)
Round of Golf for DH: Hubby likes to Golf but I never have... wondering if they would pair him up with someone or how that would even work?

Possibly a day at Discovery Cove and a day at SeaWorld (opinions?!?)

I want this trip to be memorable to us as a well rounded trip not just rides and food. What other things would there be for us? Keep in mind we are both Pooh Sized and scared of heights so no parasailing for us!
Old 02-14-2012, 10:50 AM   #44
jenny105
DIS Veteran

Discovery Cove is amazing!! I was there as part of a TA group in 2010. It is pricey but everything is included with your stay - food & drinks too! You can spend all day snorkeling, swimming with dolphins, feeding the birds, splashing with the stingrays, and just relaxing. It feels like you're in the middle of a tropical island somewhere, not in the middle of Florida. Plus they limit the amount of people they let in per day so it never feels overly crowded.

Sea World is great too but it's mostly shows. The dolphin show was the best hands down. The Shamu show is kind of dull now that the trainers don't get in the water anymore. At least they didn't while I was there.

Me DBf Kris Mitzu
Old 02-14-2012, 10:57 AM   #45
smile4stamps
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by smile4stamps View Post
My touring plans subscription ended awhile ago and I haven't renewed Since I may be going in April next year as well I wanted to wait till then to renew so it lasts through that trip!!

I was going to use easywdw for best days advice but they won't have it up till the park hours are released I am sure.
Okay... I correct myself! I decided to Renew now anyways!! Now onto planning which days where!!

Quote:
Discovery Cove is amazing!! I was there as part of a TA group in 2010. It is pricey but everything is included with your stay - food & drinks too! You can spend all day snorkeling, swimming with dolphins, feeding the birds, splashing with the stingrays, and just relaxing. It feels like you're in the middle of a tropical island somewhere, not in the middle of Florida. Plus they limit the amount of people they let in per day so it never feels overly crowded.

Sea World is great too but it's mostly shows. The dolphin show was the best hands down. The Shamu show is kind of dull now that the trainers don't get in the water anymore. At least they didn't while I was there.
I love shows so that is probably why I like SeaWorld! Hubby loves Stingrays, even has a Tattoo of one on his calf so that is actually why I was thinking of booking Discover Cove. Plus we can then go to SeaWorld for free after going to Discovery cove!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: