Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-21-2011, 02:24 PM   #121
jecskc
DIS Veteran

Day 5 – Part 3

We checked out all of the Vinylmation and this is what they got.

I text my BFF and let her know that we had FP’s for RnR AND ToT. This meant that they wouldn’t have to wait to ride when they got there since DD nor DH would ride either one. She texted back that she was on the way there and that she would meet us at ToT.

We rode the Great Movie Ride while we were waiting for her to get there.

Pluto was out and we wanted a picture, but he was trying to find some hand prints his feet would fit in.

Which was cute, but we just wanted a picture. He wouldn’t settle down, so we just left.

Now we really like this ride. It is a nice place to relax and I like that last montage they do when the ride is over. We got the cowboy scene and we got this girl – AGAIN – who is a phenomenally bad actress. She has a terrible fake “gangster” accent and she doesn’t speak loud enough. You cannot hear her at all. Some of those actors really project their voices well and don’t even need a microphone. You can’t even hear this one in the microphone. She is just terrible and I can’t understand why she is still working this ride. This was third time we have had her, and she just stinks. Anyway, rant over.

After that we grabbed a snack.

DD with a really large Sycamore leaf.

And her ice cream

DS got a pretzel

We went back over to ToT to meet my friend and her daughter. It was then that she told me that she doesn’t ride RnR because it puts too much pressure on her chest. I didn’t want to ride without her, so DS and her DD went and rode while we waited.

They then wanted to ride ToT and I chickened out so the two of them just rode it.

After that, we still had 2 FP’s for RnR and two for ToT. So they rode each one again while DH took DD over to her Jedi Training and BFF and I got caught up with each other and chatted about Disney.

I was hungry so I grabbed a Fairfax Salad from Fairfax Fare.

I really like this salad as it has a southwest flair with salsa and crunchy tostita strips.

Oh, I got some carrot cake, too.

Old 12-21-2011, 05:58 PM   #122
Moodyzblu
DIS Veteran

Mmm .. Mickey Head ice cream !
Although that salad looks kind of yummy too !

Come check out ..
Jayden's Wish pre-trip report !
It Smells Like Elephant and Forbidden Journey's Wish Trip Report ... in progress
The Moodys Do Disneyland!
Youtube channel ... http://www.youtube.com/user/Moodyzblu
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 12-21-2011, 06:02 PM   #123
jecskc
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moodyzblu View Post
Mmm .. Mickey Head ice cream !
Although that salad looks kind of yummy too !
That salad is really good. Nice southwestern taste to it. I really enjoyed it and I would definitely get it again!! All of the good stuff was at the bottom !! Sooo yummy !!

Do you ever read the Dining Reviews ?? You seem like you would enjoy them. I know that I do !!

Last edited by jecskc; 12-21-2011 at 06:09 PM.
Old 12-21-2011, 07:42 PM   #124
Stringbean&Wingnut
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jecskc View Post

Wow, that is some massive leaf!!! I think I know which Great Movie Ride CM you're talking about...some of them do seem to have problems projecting their voice. But we've gotten a few CM's on that ride that seem to ABSOLUTELY LOVE their job and it makes all the difference!
Old 12-21-2011, 07:49 PM   #125
jecskc
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stringbean&Wingnut View Post
Wow, that is some massive leaf!!! I think I know which Great Movie Ride CM you're talking about...some of them do seem to have problems projecting their voice. But we've gotten a few CM's on that ride that seem to ABSOLUTELY LOVE their job and it makes all the difference!
Isn't that leaf cool ??

We have gotten this horrible CM THREE times. Really .... I think that I could do better and that is saying a lot !! I agree that the ones that are good actors make the ride more enjoyable.
Old 12-21-2011, 09:22 PM   #126
IheartDDuck
DIS Veteran

That is the biggest leaf that I've ever seen!

Okay, I hate getting terrible actors on the Great Movie Ride! You would think that they would put a little more effort into finding better actors. The last time I was there our guy was pretty awesome. A bit older too, which probably added to why he was so good.
Old 12-22-2011, 06:35 AM   #127
jecskc
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by IheartDDuck View Post
That is the biggest leaf that I've ever seen!

Okay, I hate getting terrible actors on the Great Movie Ride! You would think that they would put a little more effort into finding better actors. The last time I was there our guy was pretty awesome. A bit older too, which probably added to why he was so good.
We have had some good ones of course, but this girl .... she was horrible !! And I really can't believe she is till there.

I almost wished we had saved that leaf, it was so big and cool looking. But it would have dried out and made a mess anyway.
Old 12-22-2011, 01:21 PM   #128
bbnursie
Mouseketeer

Your DS has traded so many of those vinylmations so far during your trip, just curious how many did he actually end up going home with? This looks so fun to do but something I couldn't get into due to the fact that once I bought it I wouldn't want to hand it over to anyone lol. Guess that's why I will never get in to trading pins either.
Jan 2013-POR Jan 2014 AKL/VWL
Old 12-22-2011, 04:11 PM   #129
jecskc
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbnursie View Post
Your DS has traded so many of those vinylmations so far during your trip, just curious how many did he actually end up going home with? This looks so fun to do but something I couldn't get into due to the fact that once I bought it I wouldn't want to hand it over to anyone lol. Guess that's why I will never get in to trading pins either.
He had his own gift card and used his money to buy them and I think he came home with 7 total. We really enjoyed trading and collecting. He may have conned DH into buying hm one. We did find some on sale.
Old 12-22-2011, 04:15 PM   #130
jecskc
DIS Veteran

Day 5 – Part 4

After that the kids were done riding and we went over to see if we could catch DD in her Jedi Training and I got there just as they were getting onto the stage.

This dude was super scary and he made some young children in the audience cry.

So DD graduated from Jedi Academy and will now forever be a Padawan.
Old 12-22-2011, 06:51 PM   #131
Stringbean&Wingnut
DIS Veteran

The Jedi Academy looks so cute! Yay for your DD's Padawan status!
Old 12-22-2011, 06:56 PM   #132
IheartDDuck
DIS Veteran

Your DD looks like she took her Padawan status very seriously. I love watching Jedi Training. It's just so adorable watching all of the kids get into it.
Old 12-22-2011, 08:33 PM   #133
EastYorkDisneyFan
DIS Veteran

At least no one converted to the dark side like in this youtube video from Disneyland http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d5mK7dzyUkM

You can dream, create, design and build the most wonderful place in the world, but it takes people to make the dream a reality.
- Walt Disney
Old 12-22-2011, 08:41 PM   #134
jecskc
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stringbean&Wingnut View Post
The Jedi Academy looks so cute! Yay for your DD's Padawan status!
It really is cute !! DD loves doing it and this was her third time. Sadly DS decided he had outgrown it and doesn't want to do it anymore.

Quote:
Originally Posted by IheartDDuck View Post
Your DD looks like she took her Padawan status very seriously. I love watching Jedi Training. It's just so adorable watching all of the kids get into it.
They are so cute and so funny. And the lady that "runs" the show is really funny, too. The whole thing is very entertaining. Next time you go back with Joaquin, you should sign him up. I would so love to see that video !!

Quote:
Originally Posted by EastYorkDisneyFan View Post
At least no one converted to the dark side like in this youtube video from Disneyland http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d5mK7dzyUkM
HILARIOUS !!! Thanks so much for sharing !!
Old 12-23-2011, 08:11 AM   #135
Moodyzblu
DIS Veteran

I love the pics of your DD in Jedi training ! I wish my guys would do this .. but are much to shy. Although they LOVE Darth Vader .. they'll get a kick out of seeing him.
Great pics !

Come check out ..
Jayden's Wish pre-trip report !
It Smells Like Elephant and Forbidden Journey's Wish Trip Report ... in progress
The Moodys Do Disneyland!
Youtube channel ... http://www.youtube.com/user/Moodyzblu

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: